• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 I'm genuinely disappointed in the final titles: "For 3DS" & "For Wii U".

Status
Not open for further replies.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
They're just so damn unimaginative. I thought that they'd be placeholders while marketing determined a final name to be announced, alongside official release dates, at E3. Unfortunately, as the official box art has now been finalized and released, it seems that "For 3DS" and "For Wii U" are, in fact, the names.

Is anyone else annoyed by this? I haven't seen it brought up anywhere else. I've never liked Nintendo's affinity for naming their games after their consoles. SNES had "Super" games, N64 had "64" slapped onto the end of everything, Wii and DS were notorious for the same thing-- really, the Gamecube was the only generation that got creative titles for all their mainstays. I'm surprised we didn't get "Super Mario Cubed" or "Mario Kart³".

Guess there's nothing we can do about it, but still. Lame.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
I am also disappointed, but I find solace in the "Smash Bros 4 WiiU/3DS" pun.

Ginger Hail

Smash Apprentice
Dunno if it was intentional or not, but the 4 pun is what makes me fine for it. We've known that was the final title since the original reveal last E3 IIRC.

Dragomire

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GoodGuyCrocomire
I am disappointed, but I love puns, even the groan-inducing ones that I make.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Dunno if it was intentional or not, but the 4 pun is what makes me fine for it. We've known that was the final title since the original reveal last E3 IIRC.
They never stated that it was the final title. Games are often given placeholder names until a final name is decided. That's what I was hoping they were doing.

But, as mentioned, the pun is kind of cool. I'm just not looking forward to the future when we're debating what to play and somebody says, "What about Smash Bros. for Wii U?" I'm cringing just imagining it. :facepalm:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not really bugged. Since they are making the game on both 3DS and Wii U, even though they could have come up with something like "Brawl" or "Melee" and put it at the end, it doesn't really bug me. It's like you're supposed to ignore the "For [console or handheld]", and think it's supposed to be a simple "Super Smash Brothers" like on the N64.

SDCBJR3

Smash Rookie
Super Smash Bros. Universe (Wii U) and Super Smash Bros. Dimensions (3DS) should have been the titles. :shades:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom