• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm entering a Brawl tournament and need some help

IronStrawberry

Smash Rookie
So, my school is hosting a basic Brawl tournament to raise money for the Esport club with a 5$ entry fee. Apparently, Brawl is "More welcoming to new players" or whatever so we're doing it instead of Melee or PM. Also, the rules are pretty wack as well. MK is banned which is understandable but they banned chain grabs. I'm not going through the effort of explaining why that's stupid so my question is what can I do to prepare and if there's anything I should know like tech or what not. I plan on playing Falco.

.:TAC:.

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5000-4282-8370
Practice some tech on your own time, make sure your comfortable with your character so you don't slip up or SD. Short hop lazer is an effective projectile to create distance with and approach, his back air is great for combos and gimping, and his grabs are still good without the chain. Down throw combos into a multitude of things. Don't get to cocky off stage, take your time, spam what your good at and utilize his awesome jab or Nair as well when your in a pickle

Luigisama

Smash Champion
So, my school is hosting a basic Brawl tournament to raise money for the Esport club with a 5$ entry fee. Apparently, Brawl is "More welcoming to new players" or whatever so we're doing it instead of Melee or PM. Also, the rules are pretty wack as well. MK is banned which is understandable but they banned chain grabs. I'm not going through the effort of explaining why that's stupid so my question is what can I do to prepare and if there's anything I should know like tech or what not. I plan on playing Falco.
That's fine no cgs as falco. Just dthrow to dacus or gatling gun combo.

IronStrawberry

Smash Rookie
Practice some tech on your own time, make sure your comfortable with your character so you don't slip up or SD. Short hop lazer is an effective projectile to create distance with and approach, his back air is great for combos and gimping, and his grabs are still good without the chain. Down throw combos into a multitude of things. Don't get to cocky off stage, take your time, spam what your good at and utilize his awesome jab or Nair as well when your in a pickle
Thanks, I've been practicing short hop laser and back-air is a godsend

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
It starts today, I'm nervous but thankful to those who responded to my post.
Greetings Iron maybe this pretty late to tell you but I am go say it anyway I advise to remain calm in the game Iron don't let those nervous get to you it may ruin your game and your playstyle as well iron always remain calm in the game Iron. you're Welcome Man I wish you nothing but the best in that tournament Iron good luck out there man.

Top Bottom