• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm afraid of this character

JackSSBU

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 2724-7390-2521
Palutena, an easy top tier. Good combos, excellent spacing and is able to zone opponents well. but she doesn't have much to work with, I feel like as the game develops she is going to get worse and worse as the meta of the game shapes. I really want to play this character but I'm debating dropping her for falco/fox. thoughts on her viability?

Repli.Cant

Smash Cadet
She'll definitely fall with time as people begin to learn that you have to play neutral against her and that you can't mash nair for ez wins like [top tier] can do against [the lower end of the cast]. Top players like Dabuz and Nairo are starting to use her less and less, more as a counterpick than a go-to unlike the first month of the game. Really though, I don't see her falling below high tier, unless they nerf her, whether it be directly or indirectly. She definitely can't be solo mained though, so it's better to have someone else to fall back on if you run into an iffy MU. I could see Fox being a good secondary for her, but I'm not too well versed in his MU spread.

You could play her until interest begins to wane or until you find someone you like better.

DWIP

Smash Rookie
Palutena, an easy top tier. Good combos, excellent spacing and is able to zone opponents well. but she doesn't have much to work with, I feel like as the game develops she is going to get worse and worse as the meta of the game shapes. I really want to play this character but I'm debating dropping her for falco/fox. thoughts on her viability?
To me she feels like a "jack of all trade, master of none" character, she has good tools for every situation but none are amazingly strong. So as long as you have good basics of the game you gonna do well with her

xZRx

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7739-8489-3763
I dont think she will fall far from the top either, she may be good to pick up as a strong secondary, for her zoning ability, strong air game, etc that other people have mentioned. i dont think spending some time learning her would be a mistake at all.

Top Bottom