• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm addicted to MK's F-air

Ice9

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to Metaknight. We will be having seminars on Dsmash and Fsmash soon. There is coffee in the back.

sxiz

Smash Cadet
I kill with nair most of the time.

But SH fair (and SH triple uair) is very addicting.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
a good combo to use would be uair to up+B, very effective and hard to get out of. trust me, its one of my favorite combo's
Hehehe... I LOVE doing that too. That's probably his best combo.
Up-b can be a good kill move if you know how to use it well.

F-air, eh? I didn't really have a lot of time enough to play Brawl (yeah, I'm probably the only one who doesn't have Brawl.. :( ) so yeah...

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
F air is my butter and bread, love starting with f tilt A x 3 followed by F air's. I don't know about N air, it's a bit strange since the hit seems to be all around meta. How do you use N air effectivly? Does it hit all around meta or what?

yoonkwun

Smash Apprentice
The Fair for MK definitely has more range than the Nair, however the Nair has for more KO ability and it does hit all around him, so I use Nair whenever I can but I use Fair for range.

Fishin

Smash Rookie
I dunno, f-air is alright for building up damage but I don't see much potential in it as a KO move. Offstage either n-air or up B are better I've found, and onstage you've got those plus down smash.

JDegner790

Smash Rookie
I don't really like F-Air for anything more than building up damage and beginning combos. For kills I use dair edgeguarding, uair into uspecial, or dsmash. I almost never use nair, oddly enough. I should probably start.

truebountyhunter700

Smash Cadet
I dunno, f-air is alright for building up damage but I don't see much potential in it as a KO move. Offstage either n-air or up B are better I've found, and onstage you've got those plus down smash.
yeah, the same with me, don't really use his f-air for KOing people, just to rack up damage and use either my D-smash or N-air to take them out. my favorite combo is definitly the U-air to U-special, works everytime, the U-air is so fast, its hard for the opponent to get out of.;)

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
There are several reasons to use the fair repeatedly. Once the knockback is reduced enough on this attack, it is definitely the best attack to follow the opponent off of the stage with. It won't hit them far, so if they're off the edge, you're already on top of them before they can get above or below you. At 70%, three consecutive fairs will kill (if all carry the opponent off stage) and two will set up for easy edge guarding.

SmashMan_026

Smash Apprentice
i discovered an excellent stragety on wifi today
if you are using the gamecube controller, roll your finger off the y button to the a button while tilitng the control stick forward (meta knights forward) and if you do it right, you should do a short hop and then immedeately follow up with the fair. its great for combos and dealing out damage fast. try it out.

Prax

Smash Journeyman
There are several reasons to use the fair repeatedly. Once the knockback is reduced enough on this attack, it is definitely the best attack to follow the opponent off of the stage with. It won't hit them far, so if they're off the edge, you're already on top of them before they can get above or below you. At 70%, three consecutive fairs will kill (if all carry the opponent off stage) and two will set up for easy edge guarding.
I've been able to do that at around 30% before. I'm guessing that they were using the wrong DI. (Or none at all)

Top Bottom