• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

I'm actually a little disappointed at just how good K. Rool ended up being.

NGW

Smash Cadet
I'll preface by saying that, of the characters not deconfirmed early (my poor, beloved Krystal), K. Rool was one of the few on my shortlist of wanted newcomers that actually made it in (funny enough, so did Simon, only really Skull Kid and a couple out there picks like Monster Hunter didn't make it) and he was pretty dang high up on that list. So him turning out to be legitimately good was a wonderful surprise.

However, and I hate to be on the whole anti-bandwagon/hipster side of things, and while I understand it's still very very early in the game's life and so much can and will change (remember when Bowser was set to be top tier last time around?), it also means that one of the newcomers I was most excited to use for reasons beyond being one of the current best characters in the game is absolutely everywhere because he's so damn good. It also makes him a potential early target for balance changes due to that overexposure, which could result in him getting hit harder than he really maybe should be. It's not really that I dislike seeing him used so much or even that I'm worried people will think I'm just using him because everyone else is or whatever, though I guess even that rings at least somewhat true, it's kinda hard to put into words I suppose. I dunno, am I alone on this one?

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
First of all, he's not that good. Lol. He just has certain qualities that makes new players both find him difficult to deal with as well as easy to use when they play him. He's still super slow and heavy. And either way, I mean, we waited a long time for this moment. Soon, Donkey Kong and his pretty little island will be no more. Can you believe I made that joke at least 4 times now across different websites?

Who cares what people think or whatever stupid comments about glue people make.

We #KrocdTheVote to #BringBackKRool. Sakurai revived K. Rool after he was thrown in the garbage, after sooooooooooo many people, including on this website, were dead certain he would remain there. Just enjoy that -- who cares what people think. Enjoy K. Rool being unfrozen and movin' and groovin' in Super Smash Brothers Ultimate and making many, many, many new fans. It's a whole new world!

StormC

Smash Hero
I mained Cloud in Smash 4 not caring one bit about his tier placement but because I was so excited to play as him in Smash Bros.

What random online users that you'll never meet think about the character you use in a fighting game matters less than zero.

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
I just play K Rool cause he’s evil and I like villains more than anything, I’ve won almost every match I had with him, but he’s honestly not that OP. Granted, his super armor gives him a much needed advantage over heavies, I’ve still had hard times against combo givers like ZSS and Shiek due to his size and slow mobility. It’s really just his super armor people get so pissy about.

#KeepHimBroken

USAnyan

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately smash bros nowadays as whole seems to encourage the “nerf this character” thing towards any character that people aren’t used to. Krool is decent but not extremely so, he’s a huge target, which balances things out.

I’d say just be happy an incredibly asked for character finally got in, I know some characters get nerfed heavily, but I don’t think they can nerf him too hard without completely ruining his play-style in the worst case scenario

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
As long as K. Rool isn't as powerful as Brawl Meta Knight or Smash 4 Bayo, I see no reasons why he should be nerfed. Instead, weaker characters should be buffed first.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
He's the Little Mac of Ultimate. Everyone who gets wrecked by him in the first week because they can't stop charging headlong into armor attacks complain and complain and complain instead of adapting to a character who is completely manageable to play against.

Phillyfanboy

Smash Apprentice
This ^. You have to play "lame" aka block. People hate that. He's strong, not sure if he's broken. Still has the same weakness as any of the other heavies. Here's to hoping they give the game more time to develop before any major buffs and nerfs are made.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
He's the Little Mac of Ultimate. Everyone who gets wrecked by him in the first week because they can't stop charging headlong into armor attacks complain and complain and complain instead of adapting to a character who is completely manageable to play against.
I'd say incineroar is the little mac of ultimate seeing as both are close range characters that gotta get in to do any damage and both have garbage recovery...

K.Rool at least has the blunderbus and crownerang to keep him from being as helpless as those two in the long run....his recovery is also miles better than mac and incineroar's

StormC

Smash Hero
I'd say incineroar is the little mac of ultimate seeing as both are close range characters that gotta get in to do any damage and both have garbage recovery...

K.Rool at least has the blunderbus and crownerang to keep him from being as helpless as those two in the long run....his recovery is also miles better than mac and incineroar's
C'mon dawg, you know that's not what they mean when they say he's the "Little Mac of Ultimate."

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
C'mon dawg, you know that's not what they mean when they say he's the "Little Mac of Ultimate."
i thought he meant as in "character that people initially perceived to be great but in reality is actually quite terrible"

you can't really say K.Rool's the little mac of this game when there are no delusional thoughts propping him up higher than he really is

he's a great heavyweight character and he isn't suddenly gonna get exploited and sent tumbling down into the range of low tier as fast as Mac Did

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
i thought he meant as in "character that people initially perceived to be great but in reality is actually quite terrible"

you can't really say K.Rool's the little mac of this game when there are no delusional thoughts propping him up higher than he really is

he's a great heavyweight character and he isn't suddenly gonna get exploited and sent tumbling down into the range of low tier as fast as Mac Did
Nobody is propping up Incineroar as a great character, though. Plenty of people are calling K. Rool broken and asking for nerfs, just like early Little Mac.

I don't think he'll hit low tier but when people figure out how to play around him he'll stop being such a centerpiece of the meta.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
difference between mac and K.Rool is that Mac after the whining and hype ran out...was just a joke he had nothing to wow players and was just a sad excuse for a character

meanwhile K.Rool while getting claims of being broken and too strong is a character that already has better tools and moves than little mac right out of the gate and tools that most heavies wish they had

most heavies probably wish they had a projectile that can't be shielded or a recovery that's as impressive as K.Rool's all things considered

Little Mac's honeymoon period being over meant he was thrown downwards into garbage tier

i just cannot see K.Rool's opinions shifting so quickly and so harshly in that same manner

LightLV

Smash Ace
This is the silliest thing on earth to be disappointed in

You want to be a Kirby main instead???

Top Bottom