• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"I'll get you, my pretty!" - The Wicked Witch of the West (The Wizard of Oz) for Multiversus

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1640975655425.png

THE WICKED WITCH OF THE WEST (WIZARD OF OZ) SUPPORT THREAD

WHO?
The Wicked Witch of The West is the main antagonist of the 1939 classic, the Wizard of Oz, played by Margaret Hamilton. After her sister, The Wicked Witch of the East is accidentally killed by Dorothy and has her elusive Ruby slippers taken in the process, she vows revenge and to the take the slippers for her own personal gain.

best-witch-of-all-time-the-wicked-witch-of-the-west.gif

"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog too!"

WHY SHOULD SHE BE IN MULTIVERSES?
The Wizard of Oz has become a staple film in pop culture. Some could argue it's one of, if not the most iconic American films period, to the point it's was one of the first 25 films inducted into the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress back in 1989. Being the owners of the the pre May 1986 MGM films thanks to their ownership of the Turner Library, Wizard of Oz is in Warner Bro's hands. As such, I think it's a perfect fit for Multiverses. Out of all the possible characters from the film to use, I'd argue The Wicked Witch is the best option. Not only is she extremely iconic, I think she's got a lot to work with. Speaking of....

WHAT COULD SHE BRING TO THE TABLE?
The Wicked Witch of the West has a lot of notable powers and abilities at hand. She could use her magic to teleport, throw fireballs, and glide around the stage on her broomstick. She also has an entire army of flying monkeys at her command. Having her summon them on the field to help her out, could bring a hint of strategy to her playstyle.

fly-my-pretties-monkeys.gif

FLYING MONKEYS (SUPPORTERS)
Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku
SneakyLink SneakyLink
Wademan94 Wademan94
Flyboy Flyboy
evanwoo10 evanwoo10
OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
Opossum Opossum
AlteredBeast AlteredBeast
PK-remling Fire PK-remling Fire
Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons
Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Image Credits, Warner Bros​

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The Wicked Witch of the West is one of the single most iconic villains in all of cinema, up there with Darth Vader in the highest echelon. I'd love to see her in the game.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Count me in as a supporter. I know it isn't WB, but I just saw Wicked a few days ago and really liked it. And since the Wizard of Oz is one of the most iconic movies ever, it definitely deserves some form of representation.

Plus it would be interesting to see how magic users could differ between franchises, like how different the Wicked Witch would be from another spell caster like Gandalf.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not exactly supporting her but coming here to note she does have datamining in the game, so this pretty much confirms her.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'd love to be added. The WWotW is an absolute madlad.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I tried my hand at making a moveset for the Wicked Witch of the West so I thought I'd share it:

Residence: Winkie Country
Universe: The Wizard of Oz
First Appearance: "The Wizard of Oz" (August 1939)
Voice Actor: Laraine Newman
Archetype: Mage
Size & Weight: Average, lightweight

“I’ll get you my pretty!”
A witch who fully deserves her title… Wicked Witch of the West is a malevolent sorceress who terrorized her part of the Land of Oz for years before being melted by an ordinary farm girl she took prisoner with a bucket of water. However, right before she could expire completely, the Witch found herself transported into a mysterious place where many heroes gather against a common cause. The Wicked Witch may just be a big threat as she was before… as long as she doesn’t get wet.

ATTACKS (GROUND)
WILL-O-WISP (NEUTRAL)
– Wicked Witch CHARGES and sends a fireball PROJECTILE that BURNS opponents and becomes stronger the longer it's charged but also gets slower. AMMO applies. When out of AMMO, she will throw a weak smoke PROJECTILE instead.
SMOKE AND MIRRORS (SIDE) – Wicked Witch delivers a COMBO by swinging her broom twice, striking upward with it, then creating a smoky explosion ahead that CURSES opponents.
FLOOR SWEEPER (DOWN) – Wicked Witch levitates her broom which spins in front of herself as if cleaning the floor.
EYE-SEE-YOU (UP) – Wicked Witch throws a fireball PROJECTILE upward that explodes after a set distance. However, if there is a CURSED opponent nearby, the fireball tracks them.

ATTACKS (AIR)
WILL-O-WISP (NEUTRAL)
– Same as ground.
TAKE OFF (SIDE) – Wicked Witch hops on her broom and dashes a short distance, hitting enemies front and behind her.
SHOVE IT! (DOWN) – Wicked Witch stabs upward with her broom thrice.
DANSE MACABRE (UP) – Wicked Witch taps under her a few times before pressing down with her heels.

SPECIALS (GROUND)
MONKEY BUSINESS (NORMAL)
– Wicked Witch summons a Flying Monkey which stays in place and hits at any opponent who comes close by. 3 Flying Monkeys can be present at any given time from any given team. If a PROJECTILE belonging to the Witch’s team passes by Flying Monkeys, they will kick the projectiles, increasing their speed and giving them CURSING properties.
Wicked Witch can hit monkeys with her broom to position them but hitting them thrice will cause them to run away. AMMO and COOLDOWN apply.
I’LL GET YOU! (SIDE) – Wicked Witch throws out a smoky PROJECTILE with a slightly changeable trajectory. After a set period of time, it turns into a burning orb that stays in place and turns back to her. If any opponent is caught within, they will be trapped for a while before getting knocked into the Witch and getting CURSED. COOLDOWN applies.
WICKED FLIGHT (UP) – Wicked Witch hops on her broom and flies for a set period of time, which she can use any of her air options if available.
CAULDR-OH, NO (DOWN) – Wicked Witch places a cauldron down, which creates a field around it to slow down enemy PROJECTILES and allow them to be hit back with all attacks. Hitting the cauldron will leave a puddle on the ground that SLOWS enemies but HASTENS allies. COOLDOWN applies.

SPECIALS (AIR)
FLYING MONKEY (NEUTRAL)
– Same as ground.
I’LL GET YOU! (SIDE) – Same as ground. Flies forward on COOLDOWN.
WICKED FLIGHT (UP) – Same as ground.
DREADFUL GLEAM (DOWN) – Wicked Witch sends a magical energy sphere forward that can be freely moved. After the button is released, she switches places with it before it explodes. The Witch takes continuous damage as she moves this attack. COOLDOWN applies.

PASSIVE ABILITIES
TYRANT OF THE WINKIE COUNTRY
– Certain attacks of Wicked Witch inflict CURSE on enemies, extending the duration of standard ailments they have for each stack it has. Any new ailments or cursing attacks add an additional stack. At full stacks, all curse stacks are consumed and the opponent gains full WEAKENED stacks, on top of gaining a speed debuff to their PROJECTILES.
Speaking of her, which incarnation of her do you think her design can take cues from, aside from her original portrayal by Margaret Hamilton? And which characters you think she should interact with if she ends up making it to the game?

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I tried my hand at making a moveset for the Wicked Witch of the West so I thought I'd share it:

Speaking of her, which incarnation of her do you think her design can take cues from, aside from her original portrayal by Margaret Hamilton? And which characters you think she should interact with if she ends up making it to the game?
I’m pretty sure it’d be straight up based on the 1939 movie version since that’s the most iconic iteration of the character.

To Shaggy: “Looks like that measly Lion isn’t the only one in dire need of some courage!”

To Iron Giant: “And I thought one human sized Tin Man was bad enough.”

To Finn: “I’ll get you my pretty, and your stretchy dog too!”

To Tom & Jerry: “You two won’t make a clown out of me again!”

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I’m pretty sure it’d be straight up based on the 1939 movie version since that’s the most iconic iteration of the character.

To Shaggy: “Looks like that measly Lion isn’t the only one in dire need of some courage!”

To Iron Giant: “And I thought one human sized Tin Man was bad enough.”

To Finn: “I’ll get you my pretty, and your stretchy dog too!”

To Tom & Jerry: “You two won’t make a clown out of me again!”
What's the last one a reference to

Top Bottom