• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Throw Conversions

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
So I assume people have a mental listing of the percentage thresholds at which his throws become/stop being effective. I do something similar with my main character where I transition to different throw setups based on percent. Does anyone have any such information they can provide to an aspiring Ike secondary? I'll fill in the gaps at some point when I have time.

Examples are: Use Uthrow from X% - Y% on Z combo weight characters. Then at N%, go into Pthrow

Alphabet soup. I ran out of consecutive letters. Never start with X.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Hmmm...

Fast (Lucas - Fox)
Uthrow
  • Regrab 0-40
  • Utilt 30-60 (No DI)
  • Bair 30-110
  • Falling Nair 40-70
Fthrow
  • Fair/Bair 80-130
Mid (Ganon - Squirtle)
Uthrow
  • Nair/Fair 10-60
Fthrow
  • Regrab 0-30 (Bad DI)
  • Fair/Bair 40-80

Light (Jiggs - Gnw)
Fthrow
  • Nair 0-40
  • Uair 20-40 (Bad DI)
  • Fair Bair 40-60

Totally off the top of my head + some guesses. It would be cool for some testing from people to see the real numbers + other ideas esp. on bthrow and dthrow.

Edit: numbers are conservative + assuming perfect DI. In practice combos are much easier to link.

Last edited:

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
Wow, I didn't think anyone would actually respond. Very helpful, thank you. I'll probably be doing some sort of hitstun chart for his throws at some point akin to what I did with Link, so I'm sure that will be a valuable resource.

EmptySky00

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1263-6981-9999
No, not particularly. I just really like the character because he just goes in and causes ****ing explosions. I picked him up more as a secondary than as a tertiary in this patch because I've always wanted to use him but never put the time in to learn him.

I also absolutely love him in Radiant Dawn, so there's that. Make your peace with whatever the Gods worship.

Last edited:
Top Bottom