• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924

Link to Ike's Complete Frame Data: http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Ike

Very nice!

Does Ike's counter has 48 base knockback or was it always 40? I'm skeptical since the min damage is also 10%, not 9%.

Counter (success)
Frame 5- 6: 9% 48b/74g (KO@ 220%) 361° Slash
Max Damage: 9%

From 1.0.4 since 74g was changed to 100g.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Oops, that's a finger slip it seems. It's always been 48 BKB.

I changed the min damage to 10 on the site because even though the files say 9%, that number is irrelevant. The game uses a floating point that dictates minimum damage (10%) and maximum damage (999%).

Also feel free to ama about anything about Ike. I learnt quite a lot from studying the files and looking at Brawl Ike's things.

I'll update the page shortly (Including new background colours)

Edit: I DID SOME REMODELING AND IT LOOKS FABULOUS

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Curious about what goes into the bar graphs.

Like, is it kinda roughly haphazard, or is there some kind of logic behind it? Its the defence and recovery ones for Ike that are confusing me.

Site itself is really well done, just those bars are distract me, lol.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Curious about what goes into the bar graphs.

Like, is it kinda roughly haphazard, or is there some kind of logic behind it? Its the defence and recovery ones for Ike that are confusing me.

Site itself is really well done, just those bars are distract me, lol.
They're something fun to brighten up the website. It's not just my opinion either, I do at least try to ask mains of a character before making the image what their opinion is if I don't know as much as I like about a character (so yes, I asked a couple of Ike mains).

It's subjective, but not the main focus of the website.

I received an overwhelmingly negative response to the visual redesign, so I changed it again to something easier on the eyes. I think it's improved a lot.

NNID
Redwalker
3DS FC
2423-3213-8820
They're something fun to brighten up the website. It's not just my opinion either, I do at least try to ask mains of a character before making the image what their opinion is if I don't know as much as I like about a character (so yes, I asked a couple of Ike mains).

It's subjective, but not the main focus of the website.

I received an overwhelmingly negative response to the visual redesign, so I changed it again to something easier on the eyes. I think it's improved a lot.
Thank you for your hard work.

BoGardFurY

Smash Rookie
Hello!
Sorry if this is a really dumb question! Looking at frame data could someone explain what the difference is between Nair and Nair (Late)?

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Ike

Their glossary doesn't really explain the term and i couldn't find anything searching google.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Hello!
Sorry if this is a really dumb question! Looking at frame data could someone explain what the difference is between Nair and Nair (Late)?

http://kuroganehammer.com/Smash4/Ike

Their glossary doesn't really explain the term and i couldn't find anything searching google.
A late hitbox is when a move changes after a certain period of time has passed. For example, nair loses 3 damage on the late hitboxes.

BoGardFurY

Smash Rookie
A late hitbox is when a move changes after a certain period of time has passed. For example, nair loses 3 damage on the late hitboxes.
Thank you so much for answering! I really appreciate it!
I think i'm still a little confused. So charging a move does more damage. Makes sense! So, how does hitbox frames for Nair differ? For example in Ike's hitbox frames for Nair on this link.

Nair Hitbox Active: 12-21
Nair (Late) Hitbox Active: 22-27

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Thank you so much for answering! I really appreciate it!
I think i'm still a little confused. So charging a move does more damage. Makes sense! So, how does hitbox frames for Nair differ? For example in Ike's hitbox frames for Nair on this link.

Nair Hitbox Active: 12-21
Nair (Late) Hitbox Active: 22-27
You can't charge most moves, the hitboxes are just designed to change.

So for nair, from frames 12-21the move does 9%, but from 22-27 the damage changes to 6%. There is only a late hit if hitboxes have changed properties during a move.

BoGardFurY

Smash Rookie
You can't charge most moves, the hitboxes are just designed to change.

So for nair, from frames 12-21the move does 9%, but from 22-27 the damage changes to 6%. There is only a late hit if hitboxes have changed properties during a move.
I see. Thank you for explaining!

Meta_X

Smash Apprentice
@ B BoGardFurY If you want a good reference for understanding, then go into training mode with Mario or Sheik. Try using Nair on the dummy. If you hit right as the kick comes out, then it will do 8% (if I remember) and decent knockback. If you wait a moment before hitting (such as using nair above and then landing on the dummy) then it will only do 5% and has less knockback; that's the late hitbox. Other moves with early/late hitboxes might be a little more complicated, but that's pretty much the basics of how it works.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Last edited:

Tehloneranger

Smash Rookie
Oh man, I am all about stat screens and bar graphs!

Just to be clear, I wasn't being sarcastic. This stuff is well done.

Last edited by a moderator:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike shield disadvantage ranges table for aerials made by Shaya

oh and because Ike is fairly simple
:4myfriends:

Attack | Full Action | Auto Cancel | Landing | Patch Diff
Neutral Air | [-24,-39] | [-30,-45] | -6 | 5
Forward Air | [-30,-34] | [-13,-17] | -9 | 5
Back Air | [-35,-37] | [-17,-19] | -9 | 5
Up Air | [-18,-34] | [-14,-30] | -6 | 5
Down Air | [-26,-27] | [-21,-22] | -12 | 6

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Hrm, that's fairly different from the disadvantage numbers we were getting for Nair and Uair before. As in we had lower numbers for them.

Any clue why? Mismeasuring on our part, or the numbers in the chart being suboptimal timing?

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
I don't really understand this chart ? What does it mean clearly ? (especially the "landing" part)

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
With the 7 frames of shield drop lag, N-Air is effectively +1.

Unless this is taking into effect shield drop lag.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's not taking into account shield drop lag. Prepatch values were -11 for Nair and -14 for fair and bair. Nair being -2 was an error on calculating FAF.

The table is the range of shield disadvantage values.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
Basically saying, in actuality we have

N-Air at +1, F-Air at -2, Back Air at -2, Up Air at +1, Down Air at -5. For all purposes, we have 4 safe on shield aerials because no one is frame perfect at anything, and even if someone could jab 1 punish us, our aerials are too large for any jab to punish. Down Air doesn't matter, but it's so low that it still could be safe but it's basically impossible to use in neutral.

What are the new numbers on Ike's ground moves? I'm pretty sure jab 1/2 are easily safe on shield, down tilt should be fine. F-Tilt should be okay as well.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
This makes N-Air less safe, but F-Air and B-Air are more safe because they are above the 10.5 percent threshold.

F-Air and B-Air are -2 still, N-Air goes back to being -6. Up-Air and D-Air stay the same.

Last edited:

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
So we can see now that Fair and Bair are safe most of the time, Nair didn't change (well too bad) and Uair is safe too.

That's great, how much will it benefit to Ike ?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It'll make him able to throw out hitboxes and space out easier. Jab is more useful in harder MUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom