• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Vs Wolf

AlphaInBrawl

Smash Rookie
can i get an actual ratio on them and if ike has any priority against wolf, i check the match up guide but i couldnt seem to get a ratio.

~thanks guys

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
4:6, Wolf's A.

What do you mean by "Priority against Wolf"? Because I have a feeling you don't know what priority actually is...based on how that question is phrased.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm bored, so I'll give my .02 on this MU.

I agree that this MU is about 40:60 in Wolf's favor. Maybe a little more on his side if ALL he does is camp.

Pros for Ike:
-He can properly space Wolf without having to continuously reset his spacing (a.k.a Marth or MK MU)
-He outranges Wolf's aerials, and can retreat without the fear of being punished (if he doesn't PS)
-If Wolf's over-B doesn't connect properly, Ike has an easy time gimping Wolf.
-Ike can survive Wolf's smashes to high%s (DI dsmash up if near the ledge, down and tech if you're in the middle), making his weight somewhat useful.

Cons for Ike
-Wolf can harass Ike off-stage somewhat easily
-Wolf has a pretty annoying projectile, and a reflector that screws up spacing/jabs
-Wolf can zone with lagless aerials, bairs, and his projectile
-Wolf is hard to gimp (if he does it properly)

Basically, this match-up comes down to who can space the other better. Ike has safe defensive maneuvers against Wolf, but no real approach. Hence, this MU falls down to whether or not the Wolf wants to camp or not, (or rather, has to) and that means you MUST be patient. When approaching Wolf, make sure you don't touch his shield because of his OOS options. If he shields your first jab, he can bair (if looking away) or reflector. Either way, treat the MU like MK/Marth: if your jab gets shielded, back away. Fortunately Wolf is a heavy, so set-ups like jab->bair, jab->utilt, grab releases, etc are somewhat feasible against him. Ike also trumps Wolf's ground game, so take the initiative and pressure him when he's grounded. Wolf's aerial game is... annoying, to say the least@_@. All of his aerials can be auto-canceled, so he can weave in and out of Ike's zone and punish your laggy moves. All-in-all, the MU is winnable... you just need to be patient.

Btw, I'd counter a stage that's really janky in its terrain. Stages that come to mind are: Brinstar, PS1, or RC. If you're a neutral kind of guy, BF or SV.

Top Bottom