• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike vs. Kirby Advice (as Ike)

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
What should I be doing as Ike? And what should I be doing against an aggressive Kirby? I heard that spacing Nair/Fair works well but when he is constantly in your face, that is kind of hard and when edge-guarding, my best option is a spaced Fair, F-tilt, or up-tilt or just let him back on. Beyond that, I don't really know what to do.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
This should be in the Ike boards.

IDK much about Ike, but remember that Kirby can duck under your grab and some other attacks so be aware

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
This should be in the Ike boards.

IDK much about Ike, but remember that Kirby can duck under your grab and some other attacks so be aware
I did ask them there and they weren't much help.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Git gud Trent

Once my hand heals and I get back into smash I'm down to grind out this MU. Fb msg me tho if you want to talk theory craft for it

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
If kirby DIs the fthrow he can escape the Fair, but that's if he realizes it which is pretty easy to figure out the throw animation and DI it correctly. That being said if kirby doesn't realize this the mix up of fthrow + Fair and the throw that combo's into Uair for ike can offer nice mix up and early kills for Ike.

F-tilt will stop any dash attack spamming kirby in their tracks.

I would give Ike the advantage because of his sword and knockback, but kirby can combo the !@#$ out of ike and of course gimp him.

Top Bottom