• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Video Thread (Critiques Welcome!)

Macedonian

Smash Apprentice
Going low and offstage to edgegaurd is not usually advisable as Ike. It makes you have to upB which cap and most all charachters can mess with

Sancelot

Smash Rookie
I know I played like ****, I was kinda sick so I was off my game, but regarding this MU... In this scenario, was there any way to avoid those stocks I lost? Any proper DI? (1:25 and 1:35)

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
So, is it just me or is VoiD not that knowledgeable in this matchup? I got fairly close Game 1 to the point I think he made a lot of mistakes in the match.

Naturally, I did too, but this match felt a LOT closer than it should have been.

PyroTakun

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ta-kun
Went to Gwinnett Brawl. Lost to Hyper's Roy. I don't know this matchup.

You didn't really play the MU too bad for someone who didn't know it. You figured out that Eruption is the edgeguard tool against Roy since he has a very small window to stall his recovery before he HAS to Up-B. A lot of his kills on you towards the end was him reading your recoveries and rolls, so you gotta mix those up more a bit.

General MU advice: don't approach. This is one of the very few MU's where Ike can't be camped out, and Roy's approach options are punishable. If he goes for an aerial you can just sit in shield and grab or D-tilt depending on spacing, and if he dashes in you can jab or grab. Roy's foxtrot is very long, so he has to commit to any dash before he can throw up a shield. If he's in your face, just throw out a jab. His comes out at frame 5 and ours is frame 4, so you'll win a jab war unless your spacing is off. Pivot grabs, F-tilts, and retreating aerials will pretty much snuff out anything Roy can do to you. If you're in neutral, do lots of empty hops. The moment you throw out anything Roy can dash in pretty quickly and go ham. Also keep in mind that he has the same piece of crap D-Air that we have, so he's very prone to juggling just like us. If you space your U-Airs right and read air-dodges/ jumps, there's nothing he can do.

DaBush

Smash Rookie
Here is a little montage I made about Ike. It isn't much, but if you like it you should check out some other videos on my channel I made for other fighters! I'm open to critiques and suggestions, as well as new subscribers!
https://youtu.be/m-selrsmHaQ

Top Bottom