• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Post your known trivialities about Ike here!

Did you know that Ike has wonderful speed stats on Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance? And he has never used the magic powder to teleport himself before Brawl? Well, Fire Emblems players might remember that Black Knight used magic powder to teleport himself. You can hear him say in a conversation with Ashnard that he couldn't use the magic power much because it would drain his energies. Maybe that's why Ike is that slow on Brawl, he is just tired.

The shiny sword he uses in Brawl is a blessed sword called Ragnell, and the sword has never produced flames in the FE: PR. Just gigantic blades of light that could easely kill off a person even at long distances.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
I know nothing about Ike, but I'd kill for a long range attack ala kirby's final cutter, except without the jump. That thought just popped into my head after "long distances." :(

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
thats actually how it is except about 20 feet high.

also it wasn't dark powder it was warp powder and in RD it says that very strong soldiers could withstand it.

and it also led the the invention of the elwarp staff.

Strivus

Smash Cadet
I was going to post this in my 2v2 guide, but I'll post it here as well. Keep in mind that this trivia is for FE:RD, the game which Brawl Ike was based on. I'll also do a Radiant Dawn Ike trivia as well.

Ike Trivia:

Did you know that Ike is the only main character in the FE series that does not start off as royalty?

Did you know that Ike's Quick Draw is based off of his Critical Animation when he is a Ranger class?

Did you know that Ike doesn't use Ragnell in his Ranger class (the Brawl model)? Only in the last 3 chapters do you get to use Ragnell.

Did you know that Ike's Aether is the strongest skill in the game! It a Master skill which combines Sol and Luna, two very strong skills on it's own. The first part of Aether is Sol, which heals Ike for damage dealt to a unit, and the second hit, Luna, halves the enemy defense, which in turn does more damage.

Did you know that Aether could critical as well? It can deal an extra three times damage!

Did you know that Ike has a 27% chance to activate Aether? One out of 4 attacks will heal Ike for full life considering Ike has very high Strength.

Did you know that Ike is the most powerful unit in the game? Along with his Master skill, Ragnell and his stats, people have soloed the game in FE:pR? I know I have!

Did you know that Ike's sword technique is feared because it is so powerful and quick?

All I can think of for now, i'll add later.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Did you know that Ike doesn't use Ragnell in his Ranger class (the Brawl model)? Only in the last 3 chapters do you get to use Ragnell.
I would like if Ike had his alternate Lord costume in Brawl.

In Path of Radiance, Ike could peform incredible acrobatic moves in combat.

The quickdraw presented in Path of Radiance had Ike going right trough the enemies and it would always lead to instant death of the enemy.

TheForger

Smash Rookie
Sunnyvale, California, United States, North Americ
Did you know that Ike's sword can attack from a range in PR? Ragnell is a magical sword and creates a shockwave if used from far away.

Did you know that Ike's Aether can still be activated if he is from a far range with Ragnell?

Did you know that Ike is the only human in PR that could damage The Mad King Ashnard? The others had to be laguz.

Did you know that Ike can also wield axes in RD after he changes classes?

Did you know that Ike was raised with laguz in his early childhood days?

Did you know that Ragnell is an indestructible sword?

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
Did you know that Ike is the only main character in the FE series that does not start off as royalty?
Depends on whether you want to count Sothe and Micaiha as main characters.
Technically, Micaiha is royalty, but she only finds out at the end of the game. Also, Ike would have been a minor nobleman had Greil not left Daein.

Did you know that Ike has a 27% chance to activate Aether? One out of 4 attacks will heal Ike for full life considering Ike has very high Strength.
I thought it was directly tied to his skill stat?

Did you know that Ike is the most powerful unit in the game?
Caineghis says, "Hai!" Though Ike's ranged attacks may well give him an edge, even after the application of Nihil scrolls. I'd have to re-check the stats of Caineghis.

Other stuff: though it has been established that Ike's "Eruption" attack was more-or-less made up for Brawl, he does get all burninated at the end of Radiant Dawn. Of course, it's blue flame, and
it's only 'cause of Micaiha, anyway

Ike was based on Fire Emblem 6/7's axe-wielding heavyweight Hector. In fact, Ike can even use axes at the end of FE 10; however, there's no real reason to use them at this point as you've already got the Ragnell.

I'm pretty sure Great Aether doesn't exist anywhere outside of Brawl. It might have been part of the final attack animation in Radiant Dawn, but I'm 99% sure it wasn't. Why they didn't use that attack is beyond me.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Crap, I didn't know Aether could crit :O
Other stuff: though it has been established that Ike's "Eruption" attack was more-or-less made up for Brawl, he does get all burninated at the end of Radiant Dawn. Of course, it's blue flame, and

Tenki:
No, it was... Yune, or whatever her name is

Ike was based on Fire Emblem 6/7's axe-wielding heavyweight Hector. In fact, Ike can even use axes at the end of FE 10; however, there's no real reason to use them at this point as you've already got the Ragnell.

YES! HECTOR FOR BRAWL!

wait... I SEE IT NOW!

Blue hair, slow, too strong, can only use melee attacks, horrible accuracy...

..!

just as Falcon is really Rick Wheeler, "Ike" is HECTOR!!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Aether takes 27% because his skill maxes at 27%, in PoR at least.

Did you know Ike can't get girls >_> (seriously...only 2 female supports, and only one was human)

Did you know Ike was made royalty only so he wouldn't have problems leading the army. Heck Ike hates royalty.

Did you know Ike's speed is his best stat growth?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
^*Realization* So That's why he left Tellius, so he could get layed by some girls.

Anyway
Did you know Ike loses his royalty/gives it up?

Did you know neither of his parents had blue hair?
(His father's was brown and I believe his mother's was purple?)

Did you know Ike's resistance is his worst stat growth in RD at least?
By endgame my Ike had a resistance of 9 >.<.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Ike, shortened, or nick-name for Isaac, Isaak or Ikechi (meaning "God's Strength" in Igbo). Isaac is Hebrew for the verb to laugh.

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
Did you know that Ike's Aether can still be activated if he is from a far range with Ragnell?
False - at least, it is in Radiant Dawn. Either that, or the RNG Goddess absolutely hates it when I abuse his ranged attack like that, 'cause I've never activated Aether at long range.

Aether takes 27% because his skill maxes at 27%, in PoR at least.
Alright, so it's a 27% chance to activate if you've hit your skill cap and you're playing PoR.

Did you know Ike can't get girls >_>
Re-read Lethe's A-Rank support in Path of Radiance. Also, that shop-owner lady in both PoR and RD.
(seriously...only 2 female supports, and only one was human)
Are you sure? There was Titania, there was Lethe, and I'm pretty sure there was Elincia... Still, this - combined with some of his conversations with Soren - has led to speculation that Ike is gay. Unlike with, say, Heather or Gatrie, there's never any clear indicator - guy could be asexual for all we know.

Did you know Ike's speed is his best stat growth?
Not in Radiant Dawn, where his speed, while respectable, is easily outstripped by other stats.

3XSwords, you should probably spoiler Ike's ending there. Even if it was a pretty God **** weak ending. Also, I think his magic growth is worse than his resistance, but only by a bit. You just had bad luck with the RNG and/or didn't know how to abuse the bonus EXP properly.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Did you know neither of his parents had blue hair?
(His father's was brown and I believe his mother's was purple?)
actually in chapter 22 he says that his mother had blue hair like him.

its actually because of yune not micaih

Alright, so it's a 27% chance to activate if you've hit your skill cap and you're playing PoR.

Not in Radiant Dawn, where his speed, while respectable, is easily outstripped by other stats.
you almost always reach the skill cap its very hard not to.

your actually both wrong growth is the % chance that a character has of increasing his stat. stats having higher caps have nothing to do with it.

in PoR and RD his highest growth is his HP if you don't count that its his speed in PoR and his strength in RD

now for my own trvia.

in PoR if you take care of Ike you can max out all his fighting stats by the time he is a level 5 lord besides his HP

Ike saw his own father kill his mother and the day before he met Soren for the 1st time.

Ike may not be the only non royal lord now but he was the 1st.

Ike actually saw both of his parents murdered.

Ike felt joy when he heard that his fathers killer was still alive.

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
its actually because of yune not micaih
I'm only a couple of hours from that point, but I'm pretty sure Micaiha said she'd give him her strength, not Yune's strength. Now, you could argue that Micaiha's strength comes through Yune, but whatever.

you almost always reach the skill cap its very hard not to.
True, but you made it was made to sound like you automatically had a 27% chance the second you slapped on the Occult.

your actually both wrong growth is the % chance that a character has of increasing his stat. stats having higher caps have nothing to do with it.
I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was merely responding to his statement that speed had the best growth. I don't think either of us mentioned anything to do with caps, except for me in the Aether bit. If I did, then I must have had something else on my mind entirely.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I'm only a couple of hours from that point, but I'm pretty sure Micaiha said she'd give him her strength, not Yune's strength. Now, you could argue that Micaiha's strength comes through Yune, but whatever.

True, but you made it was made to sound like you automatically had a 27% chance the second you slapped on the Occult.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I was merely responding to his statement that speed had the best growth. I don't think either of us mentioned anything to do with caps, except for me in the Aether bit. If I did, then I must have had something else on my mind entirely.
well I don't want to spoil it for you but
Yune actually takes over macaih's and Ike receives her power. macaih + Ike can kill a god but Ike+ another god can

you actually an automatically have 27% chance if you use items hell reach his skill cap at a level 1 lord.

thats true but in RD his speed growth rate isn't really respectable its 35% so I thought you where talking about caps. in PoR its his highest beisdes HP ( which is almost everyones highest)

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
well I don't want to spoil it for you but
Yune actually takes over macaih's and Ike receives her power. macaih + Ike can kill a god but Ike+ another god can
Um. I've beaten the game. I'm doing another run-through, and I'm almost at that part. As I said, the way I remember it, it's Ike and Micaiha in the end, not Ike and Yunemicaiha. We'll see after a bit more playing. I got a Black Knight to kill first.

you actually an automatically have 27% chance if you use items hell reach his skill cap at a level 1 lord.
Yeah, and I bet you can turn Reyson into a tank if you abuse items, too.

Don't quote me on that. For all I know, his defense and HP caps are abysmal, and I don't feel like checking a FAQ.

thats true but in RD his speed growth rate isn't really respectable its 35% so I thought you where talking about caps. in PoR its his highest beisdes HP ( which is almost everyones highest)
35% is perfectly fine in Radiant Dawn with how the bonus EXP works. Barring a complete RNG curse, there's no reason for his speed not to hit the cap if you reach 20/20/20 with Ike (just as there's no reason for his resistance to be 9).

Yes, I realize that I just chided you for factoring in items even though I'm factoring in bonus EXP. Totally different things! Totally.

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
Um. I've beaten the game. I'm doing another run-through, and I'm almost at that part. As I said, the way I remember it, it's Ike and Micaiha in the end, not Ike and Yunemicaiha. We'll see after a bit more playing. I got a Black Knight to kill first.
It's definitely Yune... I don't know how you could possibly think otherwise.

First off, he's talking about PoR. Things are different. Secondly, you can't change anyone's trajectory or purpose through items. Only BXP has that potential. There is no way to "abuse" items. At best, you can get +4 to a single stat via items. In PoR, with patience, you can gain 6 stats per level (this is, of course, extremely time consuming - especially when considering that BXP is not infinite).

Don't quote me on that. For all I know, his defense and HP caps are abysmal, and I don't feel like checking a FAQ.[

35% is perfectly fine in Radiant Dawn with how the bonus EXP works. Barring a complete RNG curse, there's no reason for his speed not to hit the cap if you reach 20/20/20 with Ike (just as there's no reason for his resistance to be 9).

Yes, I realize that I just chided you for factoring in items even though I'm factoring in bonus EXP. Totally different things! Totally.
Of course they're different. Even in RD BXP skews the value of a character far more than any item ever could. Items are even less useful in RD than PoR. BXP is even more overpowered in RD than PoR.

All of your other arguments sucked. Like Aether's 27% proc chance in PoR. The first guy that mentioned it explicitly stated his post was about PoR. Yet you feel the need to be an ******* about it. Furthermore, it is hard not to cap stats with Ike in PoR.

I feel sorry for the guy that didn't exploit RD's overpowered BXP system and only got 9 Res with Ike. Mine had every single stat capped, including magic. So did 7 or so of my other characters (the rest had important stats capped but maybe missed something insignificant by 1 point, like gatrie having 29 luck).

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
Contributing to the thread...

Ike was always faster than he is strong, until RD.

Ike is at a disadvantage against the Black Knight in PoR.

The Black Knight is at a disadvantage against Ike in RD (
I unequipped Ike and let the Black Knight swing fruitlessly until I cleared the whole map - imagine if Ike could train Imbue like the BK).

Ladies love Ike, Ike just doesn't care...

Ike has a death cry/monologue/dialogue (never seen it before). I know they put it in 'just in case', but c'mon... seriously

Contrary to what my last statement implied,
Dheginsea, an ancient Goldoan dragon, can shred Ike (which basically means he can shred everything on Tellius).

Ike inherited his power. His father was considered unbeatable
before he slashed the tendons of his sword arm in grief, ultimately leading to his death.

Ike can disappear at will without warp powder.
He did it in the first part of RD and after the ending.

SSBB Ike is nothing like any version of Ike in FE. It's more of a mish mash of random traits and animations put together to fit for the game. His style of fighting is totally different (aside from the obvious strategy/turnbased aspects). His strengths and weaknesses are flipturned upside down.

In PoR you could count on ike to be 4 or more steps faster than most any enemy he fought. In SSBB you can count on him being slower.

Aether was a death sentence in PoR and even more of a death sentence (although relatively weaker) in RD. It is almost necessary to use Aether to kill the toughest enemies in PoR.
In SSBB, its main use is as a recovery. Its damage and kill potential are insignificant.

That's all for now...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master

well you said not to quote you but i actually don't use items till the last 2 chapters of every game cause i like seeing maxed out stats. I was just saying that aether can have a 27% chance of hitting from the moment its assigned but o well forget about it.

Ike can disappear at will without warp powder.
He did it in the first part of RD and after the ending.
I don't remember that when exactly did it happen?

Ike is pretty much willing to help anyone with a good cause ( my mind went blank i get think of anything else and i had something)

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
It's definitely Yune... I don't know how you could possibly think otherwise.
Well, it's been a long time, so I'm gonna guess it was Yune talking through Micaiha or something. Just a few more fights for me to find out.

First off, he's talking about PoR. Things are different.
Different things are indeed different.
Secondly, you can't change anyone's trajectory or purpose through items. Only BXP has that potential. There is no way to "abuse" items. At best, you can get +4 to a single stat via items.
As the bit about Reyson's caps should have clued you in, it was hyperbole. And since you're gonna be such a Nitpicking Nelly: seraph robes and boots.

There's only one pair of boots in that game, right?

BXP is even more overpowered in RD than PoR.
The "guaranteed +3 gains" thing that they put in to prevent abuse really only encouraged it in my case. Makes getting those last couple skills up to their caps way easier.

All of your other arguments sucked. Like Aether's 27% proc chance in PoR. The first guy that mentioned it explicitly stated his post was about PoR. Yet you feel the need to be an ******* about it.
The original quote was,
Keep in mind that this trivia is for FE:RD... Did you know that Ike has a 27% chance to activate Aether? One out of 4 attacks will heal Ike for full life considering Ike has very high Strength.
Admittedly, there was a sentence in there that indicated that he might have mixed up RD with PoR, but it was ambiguous at best.

Furthermore, it is hard not to cap stats with Ike in PoR.
No argument there - just that you're taking this way too **** far. My whole point there was that the initial statement gave an unclear picture of the situation.

Now, let's see, let's see. Trivia, trivia... Oh! Got one! Ike doesn't just have the Ragnell - he's also the only character that can use the Regal Sword (PoR) and the Ettard (RD).

EDIT:
well you said not to quote you but i actually don't use items till the last 2 chapters of every game cause i like seeing maxed out stats.
I'm kinda the same way. I never use those sorts of items in any RPG until I'm 100% sure what my final team will be. In my mad quest not to waste items, I end up ensuring that they're only useful for the last .5% of the game.
I too would like to know on that one...

comboking

Smash Master
Did you know that Ike's left and right taunt is the thing he uses before he attacks in one of the FE games

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
He doesn't really in FE 9 he says he would never betray his believes and convictions so if one of his friends wanted him to fight for something he didn't believe in he would say screw you.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Don't you mean Sothe after all hes just like Macaih you want to slaughterer babies later? then i shall stand by your side as you eat there hearts in front of there parents and if they try and stop you I shall protect you

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
Eh... it doesn't disappear like a ninja. He's just no where to be found
(except by Bastian. And in the epilogue it states that he goes to a far off land and is never seen again).
As the bit about Reyson's caps should have clued you in, it was hyperbole. And since you're gonna be such a Nitpicking Nelly: seraph robes and boots.
Obviously, but since you can't spare the judgment hammer on someone who typos on the first page; I've no need to spare any on your completely pointless hyperbole. You certainly failed to make any point at all.

There's only one pair of boots in that game, right?
One pair per game.

The "guaranteed +3 gains" thing that they put in to prevent abuse really only encouraged it in my case. Makes getting those last couple skills up to their caps way easier.
Thanks for agreeing.

Admittedly, there was a sentence in there that indicated that he might have mixed up RD with PoR, but it was ambiguous at best.
Poor reading comprehension? It was pretty clear to me, and I'm sure everyone else that doesn't nitpick, that it was a typo.

No argument there - just that you're taking this way too **** far. My whole point there was that the initial statement gave an unclear picture of the situation.
I understand that. But you were better off quoting and clarifying for the person than quoting the person and questioning their typo as if it were scripture.
EDIT:
I'm kinda the same way. I never use those sorts of items in any RPG until I'm 100% sure what my final team will be. In my mad quest not to waste items, I end up ensuring that they're only useful for the last .5% of the game.
Heh... I do the exact same thing. Especially with PoR. In RD, because of the (overpowered) BXP system, I used stat enhancers immediately after third tier promotion so that I could have more stats capped quicker through BXP. An interesting note: Even in normal gameplay, you're guaranteed one stat gain per level (in PoR you can - and do - get 0 stat gain levels). So in part 4 I started to count how many levels a character had until level 20 and compared it to how many stat gains they had left before capping (I checked class caps online) and I'd stop giving them bxp if they could cap everything 1 level at a time.

Mini-Trivia
Expounding upon Burrito and Crotch's observation:

It's true, he doesn't fight for his friends. Sothe was his friend,
he fought against Sothe.
The same with
Kurthnaga
Nasir
, and
Zelgius
(although that's debatable).

We should start a petition to change the phrase to "I fight for my employer." Because those are the facts.

The Crotch

Smash Cadet
Obviously, but since you can't spare the judgment hammer on someone who typos on the first page; I've no need to spare any on your completely pointless hyperbole. You certainly failed to make any point at all.
****, man. Calm y'self.

I can't believe they censor "****" on this board. Total poppycock. Balderdash. Bolshevism!

Poor reading comprehension? It was pretty clear to me, and I'm sure everyone else that doesn't nitpick, that it was a typo.
I read it. Then I re-read it. Then I re-re-read it. Each time I found that there was a different possible interpretation for it. You seem to be the only person having a problem with me over it.

I understand that. But you were better off quoting and clarifying for the person than quoting the person and questioning their typo as if it were scripture.
I'm afraid I don't understand that. Could you rephrase? Reading comprehension and all.
Heh... I do the exact same thing.
Hoarding is probably one of my worst habits in any videogame. Why use the rocket launcher when I could circle-strafe around my enemy with my handgun for 20 minutes? Why use all those healing potions if I know that there's an inn only, like, 10 random battles away? Why waste a psi storm on those Zerglings when I'm pretty sure my Dragoons can handle ohcraptheyjustranrightpastmyguysanduptherampI'msodead!

It's true, he doesn't fight for his friends. Sothe was his friend,
he fought against Sothe.
The same with
Kurthnaga
Nasir
, and
Zelgius
(although that's debatable).

We should start a petition to change the phrase to "I fight for my employer." Because those are the facts.
It has one thing going for it: it's an incredibly lame line. And that chases away some of the depressingly large number of people who are attracted to Ike because he's the cool-looking guy with the sword. Myself, I just hold "X" every time I'm done a fight.

Other friends he fights against:
Zihark, Jill, Tauroneo, and Sanaki (or so he thinks for a bit).

Fact: Ike owns a mastodon. He keeps it in his garage. Its name is Legume.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
did you know that fire emblem is the best game ever.

and yes hector for brawl

ha the first sig i ever made. if you wanna see my recent art click my sig which i made

yea he did fight against his friends

lol who remembers this conversation lol

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol then my sig and taunt on wifi wouldn't make sense.

o well heres another trivia

in RD ragnell is the only weapon Ike can have blessed ( i tried blessing urvan which i used to 1 hit the black knight in my laguz play trough )

edit: lol at the pic

Shirum

Smash Cadet
Haha, interesting to see Out of the Orange's stuff here. (That's the source of the Micaiah and Sothe pic up there. Really should credit. :p)

Ike's taken from Path of Radiance, says the dojo, and his form here resembles PoR the most. In the Japanese, he had different seiyuu for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and they used the PoR one for Brawl. His hair is like it was in PoR, his outfit is his Ranger form in PoR, and probably most tellingly, he does not have his RD muscles. Considering his outfit and sword, they probably took him from about the time of PoR's epilogue, before he handed over the sword and after he changed back to his Ranger outfit. However, they got a lot of posing and movements from RD.

Oh, women like Ike all right... but his two pairing endings involve eloping with men.

For the record, Reyson's defense cap is too pathetic in non-transformed form to tank (unless you're using him as a magic tank?). In transformed form he can indeed do some minor tanking, but the herons' gauges are so sensitive to attack that he'll poof out of it before he's done and get slaughtered.

Did you know that the hammer is super-effective against the Black Knight in RD? Silly blessing being gone, well... he IS a general.

Other Ike trivia... he's probably rather fond of super spicy curry.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
Haha, interesting to see Out of the Orange's stuff here. (That's the source of the Micaiah and Sothe pic up there. Really should credit. :p)

Ike's taken from Path of Radiance, says the dojo, and his form here resembles PoR the most. In the Japanese, he had different seiyuu for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, and they used the PoR one for Brawl. His hair is like it was in PoR, his outfit is his Ranger form in PoR, and probably most tellingly, he does not have his RD muscles. Considering his outfit and sword, they probably took him from about the time of PoR's epilogue, before he handed over the sword and after he changed back to his Ranger outfit. However, they got a lot of posing and movements from RD.

Oh, women like Ike all right... but his two pairing endings involve eloping with men.

For the record, Reyson's defense cap is too pathetic in non-transformed form to tank (unless you're using him as a magic tank?). In transformed form he can indeed do some minor tanking, but the herons' gauges are so sensitive to attack that he'll poof out of it before he's done and get slaughtered.

Did you know that the hammer is super-effective against the Black Knight in RD? Silly blessing being gone, well... he IS a general.

Other Ike trivia... he's probably rather fond of super spicy curry.
i fount the pic on deviant art so theres the credit. and who would use reyson as a magic tank? there are better people to do this with

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
****, man. Calm y'self.

I can't believe they censor "****" on this board. Total poppycock. Balderdash. Bolshevism!

I read it. Then I re-read it. Then I re-re-read it. Each time I found that there was a different possible interpretation for it. You seem to be the only person having a problem with me over it.

I'm afraid I don't understand that. Could you rephrase? Reading comprehension and all.
Eh... I get worked up easily when I spot someone doing something I'd do a few years back. It's a bad habit.

In reference to the last sentence you were questioning: I meant that it would be better to notice the man's mistake and clarify it for him than to beg him to clarify it for you when you know what his mistake was. If you didn't know what he meant, then the sarcasm was unnecessary.

Hoarding is probably one of my worst habits in any videogame. Why use the rocket launcher when I could circle-strafe around my enemy with my handgun for 20 minutes? Why use all those healing potions if I know that there's an inn only, like, 10 random battles away? Why waste a psi storm on those Zerglings when I'm pretty sure my Dragoons can handle ohcraptheyjustranrightpastmyguysanduptherampI'msodead!
SAME! OMG SAME. I'm SO efficient with resources that it gets me killed. And the worst part is I'm HAPPY being killed if I feel like I'm not losing efficiency.

It's the worst, most fun, plague ever >.<

It has one thing going for it: it's an incredibly lame line. And that chases away some of the depressingly large number of people who are attracted to Ike because he's the cool-looking guy with the sword. Myself, I just hold "X" every time I'm done a fight.

Other friends he fights against:
Zihark, Jill, Tauroneo, and Sanaki (or so he thinks for a bit).

Fact: Ike owns a mastodon. He keeps it in his garage. Its name is Legume.
He thinks he fights against Sanaki? When? I did not notice at all.

Shirum

Smash Cadet
WeLikeIke, the original Japanese explanation for his survival at Nados Castle (in PoR) was that the warp powder transported his spirit and armor, but not his body. Lame, yeah, but it explains it. So his armor was buried in the castle, and everything made sense. In the English, the BK was just all I HELD BACK and didn't explain why he survived -- though I suppose you could say he warp powder'd out. And it doesn't explain why he ditched his armor.

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
WeLikeIke, the original Japanese explanation for his survival at Nados Castle (in PoR) was that the warp powder transported his spirit and armor, but not his body. Lame, yeah, but it explains it. So his armor was buried in the castle, and everything made sense. In the English, the BK was just all I HELD BACK and didn't explain why he survived -- though I suppose you could say he warp powder'd out. And it doesn't explain why he ditched his armor.
Wait a minute... is your wording off or something? That makes even less sense.

The warp powder, without provocation, transported his spirit and armor out of Nados Castle? And left his body behind? Wouldn't he be less likely to survive? Then you say his armor was left behind? Ack... something's wrong here.

Moving along...

Yea, the "I held back" crap is extremely lame. It's lame because his hp bar went to zero. It's lame because he collapsed and spoke as if he were nearing his end. It's lame because the Black Knight was much stronger than Ike during that fight
(I could understand him saying he held back at the Tower of Guidance - that match was pathetic)
. It's lame because a god****ed castle collapsed upon his weakened body. It's lame because even if he did hold back, it doesn't explain how he lifted the collapsed ceiling off of his head. And, like you said, it's doubly lame because it doesn't explain him "ditching his armor".

The questions here are:

If he could ditch his armor, why would he?

If his current armor is fake, who made it?

Where did he get the original suit from?
(we know Sephiran got Alondite from Altina. But the armor?)

If it was left behind, why was it not discovered in the rubble?

How did he leave his suit behind, but not Alondite?

If he didn't leave it behind, again, how did it lose it's power?

Greil seemed to know that Ragnell was the only blade that could match Alondite and pierce his armor.
How did Greil know Sephiran's secrets?

Has Greil ever used Ragnell before? (I assumed he did back when I was playing PoR)

What did Greil know of Zelgius and the Black Knight?
From the looks of it, Greil knew everything.

Did Greil know Radiant Dawn's storyline before he died?

What the hell is going on?!

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I really hope your joking some of these answers are staring you in the face. others will just be my opinions.

actually nvm the answer i thought that was right in the open isn't ( might only happen if you import a FE9 file cause I'm pretty sure I got the part of aldonite being stolen from somewhere)

The questions here are:

If he could ditch his armor, why would he? move faster?

If his current armor is fake, who made it? any person in bengion would do what a senator orders them hell probably even what a general says.

Where did he get the original suit from?
(we know Sephiran got Alondite from Altina. But the armor?)
When did that happen?
I always thought that they where stolen from bengion by Spehriam along with the armour and ragnell.

If it was left behind, why was it not discovered in the rubble? I'm not sure it got left behind because Bastian searched the castle and found nothing. idk what he says in the Japanese version.

How did he leave his suit behind, but not Alondite? no idea

If he didn't leave it behind, again, how did it lose it's power? all the cuts in it maybe? I actually don't know though

Greil seemed to know that Ragnell was the only blade that could match Alondite and pierce his armor.
How did Greil know Sephiran's secrets?
he didn't where did you get that from?

Has Greil ever used Ragnell before? (I assumed he did back when I was playing PoR) why would you assume that? theres nothing to make you believe he did

What did Greil know of Zelgius and the Black Knight?
From the looks of it, Greil knew everything.
he just knew who he was because he trained him
answer is in spoiler tags

Did Greil know Radiant Dawn's storyline before he died? no...

What the hell is going on?! you've gone insane :psycho:

WeLikeIke

Smash Cadet
I don't mean to be harsh, Mr. Burrito, but all of your answers are pretty silly. None of them address the issues posed by the original questions. And some of them just make no sense.

=/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom