• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike tech counter boost

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused, so is this a way to stop from being knocked off?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think this is just pretty much the momentum stuff from Brawl carrying over? I know in Brawl using most specials when sent flying backwards would make you boost either backwards or upwards some ways. Which is/was a bad thing most of the time because it sent you closer to the blastzone.

G&W's bucket was an exception and completely stopped his momentum, which helped him a lot.

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
I think this is just pretty much the momentum stuff from Brawl carrying over? I know in Brawl using most specials when sent flying backwards would make you boost either backwards or upwards some ways. Which is/was a bad thing most of the time because it sent you closer to the blastzone.

G&W's bucket was an exception and completely stopped his momentum, which helped him a lot.
idk just found it and wanted to share it with you guys :3

qwillinallthefish

Smash Rookie
NNID
qwillinthefish
You said in the description "after being sent flying with the correct DI counter will give you a slight boost upwards."

What is the correct DI for this technique?

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
You said in the description "after being sent flying with the correct DI counter will give you a slight boost upwards."

What is the correct DI for this technique?
up.. the higher you are the higher the boost will push you

Last edited:

neil2020

Smash Cadet
The only application I can see is if you want to stall slightly when smashed at mid/low-high percent across the stage. This certainly wouldn't help you stay alive unless you were hit by say Jiggs' dsmash, but even then you still retain a bunch of lateral momentum... looks cool but regular DI will help you stay alive longer IMHO...

Crelrn

Smash Cadet
NNID
1800HOTLINEBLING
3DS FC
3582-9752-3403
I can't see any actually utility out of this, but it is something to note. Ike's lag after counter would basically go against any benefit he would receive from stalling using this, one would think. Any thoughts?

Ju-Fu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
0000x1
I can't see any actually utility out of this, but it is something to note. Ike's lag after counter would basically go against any benefit he would receive from stalling using this, one would think. Any thoughts?
idk tbh i just try to keep up with everything about my main

Top Bottom