• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Social Thread

MLGF

Smash Lord
Stay Meta Knight for Snake lmao.
Snake's really dumb, so fight fire with fire.

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
I think Ike can do well in any MU, or at least Ally can do well with Ike in any MU. Haha. For me, his toughest are Sheik, Lucario, and I haven't fought a good Snake, so I can't say.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I stick with Ike against sheik and firmly believe that it's an overrated "problematic" mu.

Snake is doable, but he's incredibly annoying to fight against and so I just go meta knight because of his stupid kit

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Backing the Snake remarks. Been losing to Snake a lot lately, but Ike can definitely win as long as you stay patient and don't run into all his stuff (like I do).

Sheik is annoying but not horrible - DDD and Pit are a lot worse imo.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
Backing the Snake remarks. Been losing to Snake a lot lately, but Ike can definitely win as long as you stay patient and don't run into all his stuff (like I do).

Sheik is annoying but not horrible - DDD and Pit are a lot worse imo.
I still firmly believe DDD is Ike's worst match-up. I only know 2 Pit mains, one switch to Jigglypuff and the other would rather go Fox or Marth, so I can't say.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
I don't mind snake tbh, just gotta know his tricks. Am an ex snake player myself, though.

DDD and Kirby are terribad. Sheik is okay.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
At least we have a punish game on DDD once we navigate neutral and manage to land a grab, or a hit. Kirby has just enough recovery mixups to make edgeguarding him infeasible and you can't really juggle him for long, while DDD's aerial mobility and fallspeed and size means he at least takes significant damage from our strings.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
At least we have a punish game on DDD once we navigate neutral and manage to land a grab, or a hit. Kirby has just enough recovery mixups to make edgeguarding him infeasible and you can't really juggle him for long, while DDD's aerial mobility and fallspeed and size means he at least takes significant damage from our strings.
Even though we can combo DDD, its hard to kill him off of anything but a read or stray hit because he is so heavy and a fast faller and has a good recovery. We can't combo or juggle kirby for long, but he dies sooner. Edgeguarding Kirby is not impossible, but its still difficult and requires smart recovery coverage and patience. Its really just pick your poison.

Last edited:

Jake The Preacher

The Amateur Preacher
I'm beginning to agree with the theory that Sheik isn't quite as bad as we imagined. I played my friend's Sheik in tournament the other day and granted he made some bad decisions and messed up some, I kinda ran over him. Maybe my Wolf just wasn't playing good and my Ike was but it just worked so much better, or maybe he just wasn't experienced enough in the matchup. I'll post the game when it's posted on youtube

MLGF

Smash Lord
Sheik, well every Melee character TBH, is much easier if you all stopped QDing outside of tech chases/punishes and learned how to shield drop :/

Seriously kids, I've been to so many tournaments and I'm the only Ike I've ever seen who does it consistently. You kids need to step it up.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Believe me when I say that if I could shield drop nair, I would.

My practice time is limited nowadays and mostly goes into Melee Sheik. The upside of which is my spacing game is improving a ton. Playing with Sheik's tiny aerials and different mobility loadout in general actually makes me use PM Ike in ways I didn't think of before. I recommend switching it up every now and then, movement is key and becoming more fluid with it is the best way to improve.

X0dus

Smash Apprentice
It took me a few minutes to learn how to Shield drop in 3.02 and I can still do it now, but I always take Shieks to Smashville and Yoshi's Brawl, so I never have a reason to Shield Drop.

Top Bottom