• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Social Thread

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Let's try to revive this thread.

All I wanted to say was, to @ King of Hoboz King of Hoboz , I look forward to playing you at Shuffle man.
Oh, wow, you're in my pool. It's awesome to be able to personally meet these Ike players now a days. Meeting (or going to meet) Ally, Quincy, you, Metroid (come Smash'n'Splash) is really an eye opener. Also, being 3rd seeded is nice, I'm gaining some credit even though I haven't done too amazing in a bigger event yet results wise.

Last edited:

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
Oh, wow, you're in my pool. It's awesome to be able to personally meet these Ike players now a days. Meeting Ally, Quincy, you, Metroid (come Smash'n'Splash) is really an eye opener. Also, being 3rd seeded is nice, I'm gaining some credit even though I haven't done too amazing in a bigger event yet results wise.
Who's Quincy?

Starfall11

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4227-1720-3560
Is like every Ike from the West Coast. I'm from New York and I never see anyone of note at the events I attend.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I'm in CT lol,

I'll see about mingling with other states this summer so yeah. Love playing other Ike's, none of then ever do anything remotely the same.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
My local scene has like three ikes including me. in general tho i dont think there are several ikes in one area. we seem to be pretty spaced out

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
We have 3 Ikes, I like to call the other two my squires. They aren't very good, but I train them when I'm on break from my journey to be the one true Ike.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
Frakture is the only other Ike I know in my region. I'm not very active due to how far tourneys tend to be from me but a new venue is picking up PM and it less than 30 minutes from where I live so I'm excited for having access to regular practice and probably meeting some regular practice partners.

WhinoTheRhino

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys combo spacies at around 45% when the chaingrab ends? I'm pretty much fully consistent with the chaingrab, but once they hit that percent I usually hit them with a Nair and they DI out and the combo ends, what do you guys do?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Beat Darc in an Ike ditto.

All that's left is Dj, gotta be the best Ike player on teh EC

Last edited:

Frakture

Smash Apprentice
How do you guys combo spacies at around 45% when the chaingrab ends? I'm pretty much fully consistent with the chaingrab, but once they hit that percent I usually hit them with a Nair and they DI out and the combo ends, what do you guys do?
Try mixing up between up air and bair. Up air comboes better because it sends more vertically, and bair will kill if they try to DI away. Also, while the chaingrabs on Fox and Wolf last until 50%, the chaingrab on Falco lasts until 70%.

Frakture

Smash Apprentice
The chaingrab on Falco lasts until 70%?? Wow, I thought we had the same Uthrow as Marth? And thanks, I'll try working in different aerials.
Yeah, I tested it in debug mode. Even at 70%, he is still in hitstun at grab height with no DI (no DI in this case means that he goes as high as possible).

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
I'm in Florida, there's like two other Ikes I've seen at regionals.

Also @ WhinoTheRhino WhinoTheRhino dash attack is definitely good as a combo finisher sometimes, most people don't expect it.

Last edited:

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
Played an Ike ditto money match at Bam 7 last weekend, $20 extra if you were able to land a down taunt kill on the last stock, last game.

I almost let him win, getting him up to 170%+ trying to get the taunt kill before I just had to finish him off outright. I'm disappointed :(

Also this tournament further convinced me that every single spacie I fight will ALWAYS backflip double jump away from me if I back throw them off stage, so I just Fair them everytime. It's really good for cleaning out those quick stocks. If they fall instead and Up B you can catch them with your Aether on the way back or Dair. I even got Mango with it in friendlies.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I've gotten a dair off spacies like this before.

Frankly though, they are the only characters I prefer to just stage onstage to edgeguard

Last edited:

metroid1117

Smash Master
If you hit them with anything but tipped NAir and they DI away, you should be able to follow-up with QD RAR BAir if they're at mid %s. At higher %s (~70s and 80s), you can also UThrow -> DACUS if they DI away.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Pointing it out so you don't get bopped lol.

SHing off the stage backwards might be the best option. You can cover their DJ easily with falling Bair or DJ Bair. If they stall then you can take ledge -> react. If they stall more you can refresh invincibility until they're forced to Firefox and then you can pick punish depending on the stage. If they insta DJ -> AD through you can ledgedash -> (DD ->) grab -> lol.

Edit - Anyone see any problems?

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
I should be off, I'm gonna try to make it to TO11

I've been implementing a lot of Smash 4 tech into my game and seeing some decent results, it's really easy to do an empty hop RAR to force a shield and then tomahawk it into a grab instead.

Also, late aerials as a crossup are really ****ing good and get you free grabs. Bair is the safer option but nair is also good if you time it properly.

Top Bottom