• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Slopedash

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Slopedashing is a technique i found duringthe DDOS Attack. It makes up for Ike's slow speed by using Aether's neat effect. Here's how i perform it;

•First, you need to choose Ike, and a stage with a slope. Green Hill Zone and Hyrule are the best.

•Then, use Aether. Make sure you land on the slope.

•Afterwards, Ike will slide in the direction of the slope at decent speeds. Im to un-nerdy to figure out why, but it works.

Need a fast Ike? SLOPEDASH FTW

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
That's cool, but already known. It depends on the physics of how you land.

This can potentially kill you on the right side of YI.

More usefully, you can use it as a mix-up for where you land on Halberd (first part of the stage, where it's flying in the air), assuming you're rising from below the stage. Position it correctly, and you can slide down further. Or you can land on the slant's tip, and move not at all. You can use it as a guessing game to avoid getting punished. Or a gimmick w/ the slide, if the opponent doesn't know about it (obv only will work the first time, but you can mess them up by remaining in place if you have to recover from that position again).

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
"slope dash" will kill you if someone shields the aether on a slope near a ledge (imfamous YI)

not new, in fact I'm pretty sure nothing new about brawl will be found out. Just look forward to smash 4 now.

Top Bottom