• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike is really good.

What of these tiers would you put Ike in?

• Total voters

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
In my short time as a TO, I have never encountered an Ike in one of my tournaments. I only know one Ike player, and he does not compete. So I began labbing this character, since it seemed nobody had been playing Ike since 1.1.4. I came to the conclusion that Ike is really good and underlooked.

He has solid power and disjoint range, big-damage combos, movement options, great weight, has good recovery, and even has pretty decent frame data. And he has a counter.

So why does Ike get so few results?

Unfortunately, I'm committed to being a Villager main (at the time), and I don't play in many tournaments outside of a few locals, so who do you think should rise up to the challenge and make Ike a big name in Smash 4?

Last edited:

nochai

Smash Rookie
We've already got a few very talented players out there repping Ike. Namely Ryo, who is in the top 50, San, who is also in the top 50 (or very close atleast) and also the mod of this sub, and Rango who Im a little less familiar with but I heard he won a MM against void so thats cool.

I think the only reason Ike gets so few results is simply because there are characters out there that are just better. Ike definitely has his strengths, and like any character has weaknesses (sure his recovery can cover ground but he can be really gimped by some characters, and easily exploited by most of the cast with a little MU knowledge), but I'd say his greatest weakness is simply not having some ridiculous tech stitched onto him.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
We've already got a few very talented players out there repping Ike. Namely Ryo, who is in the top 50, San, who is also in the top 50 (or very close atleast) and also the mod of this sub, and Rango who Im a little less familiar with but I heard he won a MM against void so thats cool.

I think the only reason Ike gets so few results is simply because there are characters out there that are just better. Ike definitely has his strengths, and like any character has weaknesses (sure his recovery can cover ground but he can be really gimped by some characters, and easily exploited by most of the cast with a little MU knowledge), but I'd say his greatest weakness is simply not having some ridiculous tech stitched onto him.
I want to dispel this rumor. I only beat him a couple of times in friendlies the day before he wiped me out in bracket. I was telling EE I beat him in friendlies, but I guess I wasn't clear and he interpreted it as a money match. But it's w/e.

Top Bottom