• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Ike Hitbox Visualization

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Smash 4 hitboxes are interpolated, so imagine a line between a hitbox's current position and it's last. It hits that area too.
Example: http://i.imgur.com/wEBKNpI.gif

There are potentially bugs in any of these, so let me know if you notice anything particuarly off and I'll check. There have been instances of weird hitboxes that ended up being a bug.

RadiantHospitableDuckbillplatypus

Mini-FAQ:
Q: How did you make these?
A: I made a parser for animcmd commands and applied it to the model and animation.

Q: Can you do hurtboxes?
A: Not yet

Q: These don't look like the quality of the Wii U models, why?
A: These are 3DS models (and data). There isn't a difference in frame data between Wii U and 3DS.

Q: This attack looks wrong, is this actually correct?
A: Let me know which one and I'll check. It's possible for a bug or two to mess up stuff.

Q: The image isn't playing.
A: There are play, reverse, and frame advance buttons under the images. They may be hard to see.

Q: Can I use these for my guide?
A: Yes.

Thank you

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
Thanks a lot for these !

Bair hitbox is much bigger than I thought O_O

Arrei

Smash Lord
Thanks a lot for this, I've been wondering just how large the Bair hitbox actually was, as well as just how much of the blade the Dair spike hitbox was in.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
Thanks for this! Are you going to do his grab boxes, too? I'm curious how much range his pivot grab has.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
You know Ike's hitboxes are ridiculous when not even forward air is the most impressive looking!

Though, I think there's a chance that some of the frames in forward-air are not present in-game due to a frame speed multiplier of 0.75. It cut back the active frames of forward air from around 5 to 3 in 1.1.4 which cut its coverage slightly, and they compensated the loss later by giving it 2 frames of earlier hitboxes.

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Furil Furil I know for a fact that Ike's nair and especially fair don't have such lenient hitboxes behind him.

The hitboxes seem like they coincide more with the 2nd frame hitbox of fair and nair instead (nair seems like it's inbetween the first 2). Do you think this is a frame speed multiplier or interpolation issue? Hopefully I'm just completely wrong, lol.

Last edited:

Furil

Smash Apprentice
Ah, I see what you mean. It's definitely a frame speed multiplier issue. I didn't think to account for it before, but it makes my viewer show them pop out on the wrong frame. I'll work on fixing this in a bit.
Thanks for pointing that out!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Amazing. Good work dude.

What's the situation with Grabs? I know you had problems with them showing properly on the earlier characters, but I thought it was fixed. Still ironing out kinks?

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ah, I see what you mean. It's definitely a frame speed multiplier issue. I didn't think to account for it before, but it makes my viewer show them pop out on the wrong frame. I'll work on fixing this in a bit.
Thanks for pointing that out!
It's definitely understandable since there are so few moves like that and Ike's fair is a blatant example of them screwing with the multiplier a ton. Thanks!

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Full charge eruption is missing; subaction [7144ACDF]. Uncharged eruption is pretty great, but it ain't no Snowman of Death:

hnnnnng bair

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The fair part actually explains a lot because when I did the math earlier in 2015, I thought that fair had 1 less startup than it actually did.

Last edited:

neo.anguiano

Smash Rookie
would appreciate when ever you can ikes pivot grab, he kinda inherited some jedi powers there wanted to understand how much, thanks for the rest

Arrei

Smash Lord
Bair probably had to be that big or it'd miss short opponents too much. I can't recall, but didn't they increase its hitbox size during one of the patches?

ReroRero

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blackquill
Nope, Bair was one of the least touched moves in Ike's Arsenal, except for a 1% buff

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
bair hitbox is absurdly good goddamn

Something I don't get tho, aether seems to have no hitbox after Ike throws the sword up and actually goes up to grab it.. is that true? Can you hit him with anything during that period or what?

Heartstring

Smash Legend
bair hitbox is absurdly good goddamn

Something I don't get tho, aether seems to have no hitbox after Ike throws the sword up and actually goes up to grab it.. is that true? Can you hit him with anything during that period or what?
Correct, There has always been two gaps in the move where there is no hitbox. It's completely free to getting hit at those times.

I DID say while I was in Ireland that the recovery is bad :p

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Correct, There has always been two gaps in the move where there is no hitbox. It's completely free to getting hit at those times.

I DID say while I was in Ireland that the recovery is bad :p
yeah, tbh i only learned how to punish ike's up b after i lost to you there, turns out its super ****ing easy

didn't know he straight up has no hitbox in that short period though

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, tbh i only learned how to punish ike's up b after i lost to you there, turns out its super ****ing easy

didn't know he straight up has no hitbox in that short period though
EOE was the same, played him this weekend and after he tried punishing the recovery how he SHOULD have from the start, and the games were far closer

Kilo 1

Smash Rookie
After watching these, I noticed that on F-Tilt High and F-tilt low there seems to be a few frames where the tip of the sword extends beyond the hitbox. Is that a dead area or is there actually a hitbox on the tip?

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
I don't get why they buffed F-air's hitbox. To my understanding it matched the sword pretty closely before 1.1.4 but now it extends well beyond the tip. What's up with that?

Arrei

Smash Lord
Most likely they buffed it solely for balancing reasons against other similar Fairs - primarily Marth, since the buff came at the same time as his last wave of buffs. The discrepancy can be disguised by the swing's visual effects so it's not that big a deal - they've been a lot more concerned about correcting moves with animations that didn't have hitboxes where they looked like they should have, rather than shaving pixels off of hitboxes that reach a little farther.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Could we get an image showing the activation box of Forward-B? It appears to extend pretty far vertically in-game.

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
It's much bigger than the hitbox, that's for sure, extends heavily vertically and leaves a huge exposed area in both diagonal areas in front of Ike.

Top Bottom