• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Future

Where Will Ike go on the next Tier List?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Hey guys! I was thinking the other day: how do you think Ike's tier placement will be affected in the next list. I know many characters have received buffs that were placed lower originally like Marth and Mewtwo. Personally I do not know, he lacks any fancy tech skills and relies mainly on basics (kinda why i enjoy using him) and I keep hearing that he is maybe not mid tier but lower tier. I am also aware many of you go to tournaments and rep Ike with ridiculous skill so there is also that. Just curious of what other people thought of this and what to expect for Ike on the competitive scene.

CascadedVolcano

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4012-5046-9617
Provided that Ryo can continue to get good results and Ike mains continually pop up I think he'll rise on the tier list. if Ryo starts getting less results then he'll likely go back to his brawl placement of mid tier. I put him as mid-high, where the top 5 characters in that tier could replace the bottom 5 of high tier, Ike was in the former

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
As pessimistic as I've been for Ike, after watching both PrinceRamen and Oni Day take sets off ZeRo, with Palutena and Lucario, respectively, it's only a matter of time before an Ike main achieves results once again. I'm training like mad to do just that at The Big House 6.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
According to the new list he dropped rather far down, I was not expecting that much of a fall.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Ike is just a character that people sleep on due to not having much representation. He's not the only one - several other characters aren't in good positions on the list because few people really know the character due to his relative rarity. That's the main reason I only look at tier lists for the high and low tiers - outside of the best characters and the worst characters, the middle of the pack is just one big chaotic mess of rising or falling based on whoever's currently making waves in tournaments.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
Ike is just a character that people sleep on due to not having much representation. He's not the only one - several other characters aren't in good positions on the list because few people really know the character due to his relative rarity. That's the main reason I only look at tier lists for the high and low tiers - outside of the best characters and the worst characters, the middle of the pack is just one big chaotic mess of rising or falling based on whoever's currently making waves in tournaments.
That makes sense. I have heard some other people state something similar...guess we will just have to go out to tournaments more often lol.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Here's Ike's future. He isn't a potent main or secondary. He's a choice character if you're either a fan of his fighting style, or are a fan of the Fire Emblem titles that feature him. His frame data suggests that there are better characters, with similar perks, such as Mario, Cloud, and Corrin. Disjoints, pressure game, and grab game come into play for these, depending on who you use.

If Ike is to have a future, his meta needs to continue being developed. I've been working on several techs, which I will be covering in a separate thread. Moreover, while he is practically an off-limits character for several matchups, such as Sheik, Diddy, and Cloud, he may prove feasible against other top tiers, such as Bayonetta, Mewtwo, and Mario.

Top Bottom