• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Frame Data - 3.02

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Does this scale down at all or is this going to completely blast anyone with bad internet? Because I need to figure out how to scale down captured images when I import them into AS3.
Also, any comments on timing and view would be appreciated (faster/slower, zoom in/out more). I made this zoomed out intentionally to make the view cover Attack11, 12, and 13 in full.

If everything seems good otherwise though, I'll get to work. I'm already 2 for 60, ****ing awesome.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
Gentlemen, I have just become aware of the worst possible fact in the entire Ike metagame. The OHKO hitbox of Quick Draw does not break shields and thus the OHKO can be avoided by an opponent in shield. This is the darkest day in Ike history.

JacobWP

Smash Rookie
The best thread going on Smashboards right now. Thanks everyone for their hard work!
Also the legacy of smashing fools with Ike continues into SSB4... Can't wait.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Sorry I've been away and haven't gotten back to this. I've been super busy, but I just finished up one of my summer classes so I'll be free to hack at this again.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
This is awesome but you know what's even better? I can use this for Brawl too.

Better than sex

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I had little progress to begin with and I felt that 3.5 updates would be coming soon so I'll just inform you I'm not going anywhere else with this. If you feel this will be a lot more accessible (and it really is, mad props Magus) and want to get Ike's frame data then go for it.

Otherwise, I wouldn't mind starting back up. I'd be doing this in dolphin because sexy upres

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
With the advent of debug mode, the only valid thing these threads provide are frame data in an organised and easy to read format and also hitbox values such as angle and BKB and KBG.

ugh release 3.5 already lal

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Which are all useful besides being to look at them all at once and over and over again in a quick fashion without the game on.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I believe you can piece together anything by just checking the 3.5 changelist. Off the top of my head, the only change to frame data was a +5 to endlag to Quick Draw Attack, 27 -> 32 total. Don't quote me on it but I think that's accurate.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
7 month thread bump. What is the advantage Ike's aerials have on shield and what is their shield stun? I'm not the best at understanding frame data, so I can't completely calculate these values myself.

Doesn't have to be exact numbers, but for the time being I was wondering if someone could help provide calculated estimates within a few frames.

Last edited:

Commander

Smash Ace
Bair and jab1 are the only things safe on shield. Everything else is only safe when spaced.

D e l t a

Right. I just wanted the frame data so I know exactly how to react to Ike- if I can WD OoS, if I should roll, can I use a projectile to punish, etc.

Last edited:

Cox Box

Smash Cadet
Since PM is no longer receiving updates, I think it's time to explicitly update the OP to reflect 3.6 Ike. Who is in charge of this thread and how can I be of assistance in updating it?

Last edited:

Mediocre Dunce

Smash Rookie
7 month thread bump. What is the advantage Ike's aerials have on shield and what is their shield stun? I'm not the best at understanding frame data, so I can't completely calculate these values myself.

Doesn't have to be exact numbers, but for the time being I was wondering if someone could help provide calculated estimates within a few frames.
This is really late but aerials are kinda finicky because numbers listed are usually assuming the best case scenario which means done as low to the ground as possible. And you can't always be in that position. Maybe for a DJC char. I just checked some notes I had and I got -

Nair 7 0/+2
Fair 17 -5/-4
Bair 7 +1/+3
Dair -3/-3
Uair 9 -4/-1

I'm pretty sure those are from as-low-to-ground-as-possible testing. Normal fall/fastfall numbers. So yeah generally Bair and then Nair is the best on shield/have the lowest ground recovery. You're Ike so just space well but if you're going to be up close and aerial on shield - Bair then Nair are the best and Fair is the worst.
Bair and jab1 are the only things safe on shield. Everything else is only safe when spaced.
That's not true. All of his aerials can be safe on shield up close. Jab 1 is also -10 just like most jabs. It's only safe if you space it out of OoS punish range. You can't even frametrap grabs with it because jab2 is too slow. And Dtilt is -4/-3. So obviously that is safe.

"Hey the title says 3.02, but is it still useful for 3.6?"
Most of it should be. Ike hasn't changed much since 3.02. Just mainly some nerfs to Quickdraw and a few other small random things.

Last edited:

D e l t a

Thanks for the update!

I play some of the slippery characters like Lucas, so knowing frame advantage is nice because I consider those "perfect" values as close to accurate since my character gets pushed back hella far from characters like Ike. Which means that it takes a few frames more to travel forward and hit the opponent due to shield push. Frame data is also nice to keep in the back of my mind when playing other characters.

Top Bottom