• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
The avis? What about mine, lol.

I remember Bored or someone talking about bair approach maybe a year or 2 ago. Yes, it ***** lol. As long as you fully retreat it, it is good to read aerial movement and is a great interrupter. As long as your opponent's dash/run speed isn't much greater than your air speed, lots of characters can't punish if you miss, and even the fastest characters have trouble if they just regular shield it.

If you're in a neutral position close to another character, running away or bair is just as good as jab/turnaround jab. Jumping backwards while facing forwards gets punished sometimes but it isn't that bad, still punishes defensive reactions of opponents, but too unsafe for me vs characters.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
is yours supposed to be gabriel belmont san? if so then thats pretty damn rugged :O

in your guys' opinions does ike fair better than wolf against wolfs bad MU's?
pika/D3/wario/sheik
i like ike and i've been considering bringing him out as a 2ndary to wolf just for fun since my diddy has most of wolfs bad MU's covered

edit: for some reason downward dog position just makes me think of Catherine, that creepy persona-ish title atlus is making xD but i've had catherine on the mind all day today

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
but its so much easier socializing :<

guess the other character boards arent as lazy as the wolf boards, we never do anything constructive other than make bear jokes and troll kain when he's lurking

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
in your guys' opinions does ike fair better than wolf against wolfs bad MU's?
pika/D3/wario/sheik
i like ike and i've been considering bringing him out as a 2ndary to wolf just for fun since my diddy has most of wolfs bad MU's covered
He most certainly Fairs better. :troll:

But I'd say the only matchups Ike would probably do better in between those four would be Wario and Sheik. I'm not sure how far Pika can CG Wolf, but if it's pretty high up in %, Ike does better there too. DDD is still pretty nasty for both.

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
hmmm maybe i'll keep ike handy for fmashing noobs then =3
pika cg's wolf pretty nastily, i think to 110%

mmmm catherine....pity i can't read googlymoogly languages :/

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Only char of those 4 Ike doesn't do better than wolf is DDD

Pika's CG requires distance and he has ****ty grab range anf he has nassive disjoints to not get grabbed.

Sheik still does pressure Ike well but Sheik too light too keep total control

Wario is something san does well againsy

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah i'd like to use ike more in tournies but... i have diddy as a 2nd and diddy>ike xD so why step backwards lol
i still adore the manly man so he'll always be ready for friendlies and the like

Goldenadept

Smash Lord
yeah but wolf does wonderfully against luigi

wolfs **** air speed and bair> luigi lol

that is, until luigi gets in and rofl chains us for our fallspeed xD

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
w.t.h.?..?...?....?

I sleep and come back after attending college and ppl here have gone over like 10 pages?

.......................................man! To think what a woman can do to guys....lol

btw, Is Ike hard for DDD to chaingrab? 'cause I was playing a DDD today and the guy had no problem chaingrabbing a snake player but for some reason I always managed to gat out after 2-3 dthrow chaingrabs.

Also, If Ike ftilts peache's bomb at far range, he stays safe; just found that out today. same for snakes grenades and land mines.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
w.t.h.?..?...?....?

I sleep and come back after attending college and ppl here have gone over like 10 pages?

.......................................man! To think what a woman can do to guys....lol

btw, Is Ike hard for DDD to chaingrab? 'cause I was playing a DDD today and the guy had no problem chaingrabbing a snake player but for some reason I always managed to gat out after 2-3 dthrow chaingrabs.

Also, If Ike ftilts peache's bomb at far range, he stays safe; just found that out today. same for snakes grenades and land mines.
First of all, it's not what a woman can do to guys. It's what a woman can do to Sen. They were probably responsible for 75% of that stuff.

From my experience, DDDs have no problem CG'in me. There are different timings between chars though. Some less than others.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
First of all, it's not what a woman can do to guys. It's what a woman can do to Sen.They were probably responsible for 75% of that stuff.

From my experience, DDDs have no problem CG'in me. There are different timings between chars though. Some less than others.
I beg to differ. D:<

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So I'm sitting here at the end of a bag of Sour Patch kids with about a whole tablespoon of that sour power coating stuff.

Heads = yes, tails = no.

It was heads.
I regret nothing.

But now I'm really thirsty and probably won't be able to sleep.
Nothing new about the sleep thing, though.

I think I burned parts of my tongue off, but it was so tasty.
I love sour stuff. It's like another sweet to me.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
sout stuff is amazing, however seeing as my teeth are beginning to tell me about a small cavity in one of my teeth (typically, the one which i always use to chew sour sweets when im dared to do it) i cant eat them as much.

also after this weekend of brawling i realised at how big the gap is between my ike and my r.o.b. so i think untill further notice im gonig to stop using ike, as he just cant get anything done. i'll still be on the boards obviously, but its time for a change, ive used him ever since i started and i dont enjoy playing him and im not good with him either

Berserker Swordsman

Smash Lord
NNID
KiteKIrby
sout stuff is amazing, however seeing as my teeth are beginning to tell me about a small cavity in one of my teeth (typically, the one which i always use to chew sour sweets when im dared to do it) i cant eat them as much.

also after this weekend of brawling i realised at how big the gap is between my ike and my r.o.b. so i think untill further notice im gonig to stop using ike, as he just cant get anything done. i'll still be on the boards obviously, but its time for a change, ive used him ever since i started and i dont enjoy playing him and im not good with him either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
We're getting close to one of our posters reaching 1k posts in this thread. Wow already? We only have 6670 posts in this thread in total

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I am disappointed you think that of me

theeboredone 915 - I'm clearly outclassed by my fellow brown
Ussi 902
san3711 407
Nysyarc 400
Golden-psyco 370
jamlosingthegame 343
Teh Brettster 328
-RedX- 310
Nidtendofreak 306
Senliten 254
Mr. Doom 208
YagamiLight 165
AN(M)ist 160
Slaps 138
Berserker Swordsman 119
Meglaodon77 77
disasterABDUL 75
Blubolouis 72
DTK.L 67
Colaya 66
IkeFiend 65

Fun fact: Ussi + Bored is just around 20 posts less than San + Sharkie + GP + Jam + Brett

Fun fact 2: Bored has 13.7% of the total posts in this thread, I have 13.5%.

Top Bottom