• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
internet via mobile phone, internet cafe's, etcetc.
we just need to find out if slaps is coming nearby anyway, if he isnt then i wont bother, as Im at work almost every day
i know this is super late xD haha these are basics of where I am going.. staying at Thistle City Barbican Hotel... We will be in London mostly...
  • Windsor Castle,
  • Walking Tour to Millennium Bridge,
  • Globe Theater,
  • St. Paul's Cathedral,
  • Evensong at Westminster Abbey,
  • Changing-of-the-Guard at Buckingham Palace,
  • Tower of London,
  • London Eye,
  • London West End Theater (seeing Wicked),
  • Choir Concert at Wesley Chapel (aka us performing),
  • Band Concert at Embankment Garden Park (yet again us performing),
  • Ferry Ride across English Channel.

I know as far as meals go we are on our own (aka eating out with a small group of our choosing wherever we choose nearby) Tuesday lunch in Windsor, Wednesday night for dinner, and Thursday night for dinner... PM me ASAP if you wanna arrange meeting or something of the sort haha restaurant recommendations? lol

Tomorrow I have an 11 AM flight to Atlanta then an 8 hour layover and like a 10:45 PM flight to London.. we arrive around noon.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i know this is super late xD haha these are basics of where I am going.. staying at Thistle City Barbican Hotel... We will be in London mostly...
  • Windsor Castle,
  • Walking Tour to Millennium Bridge,
  • Globe Theater,
  • St. Paul's Cathedral,
  • Evensong at Westminster Abbey,
  • Changing-of-the-Guard at Buckingham Palace,
  • Tower of London,
  • London Eye,
  • London West End Theater (seeing Wicked),
  • Choir Concert at Wesley Chapel (aka us performing),
  • Band Concert at Embankment Garden Park (yet again us performing),
  • Ferry Ride across English Channel.

I know as far as meals go we are on our own (aka eating out with a small group of our choosing wherever we choose nearby) Tuesday lunch in Windsor, Wednesday night for dinner, and Thursday night for dinner... PM me ASAP if you wanna arrange meeting or something of the sort haha restaurant recommendations? lol

Tomorrow I have an 11 AM flight to Atlanta then an 8 hour layover and like a 10:45 PM flight to London.. we arrive around noon.
damn, youre there during the week :( I think I'm working pretty much all week.
If I've got time I'll try my hardest to get down there on wednesday to meet up at lunchtime-ish. That would be the only possible day
If you can find out exactly where you are when on wednesday and ill book a coach (let me know before wednesday though)

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
damn, youre there during the week :( I think I'm working pretty much all week.
If I've got time I'll try my hardest to get down there on wednesday to meet up at lunchtime-ish. That would be the only possible day
If you can find out exactly where you are when on wednesday and ill book a coach (let me know before wednesday though)
Hmmmmm wednesday we will be in a "guide chosen considerate location such as St. Jampes Park and picnic ensues"... ummm 9:00AM we going on London Tower tour and after that is continuation of bus/coach tour to see "buckingham palace, st paul's, trafalgar square, westminster, parliament, big ben, and much more" after that is the lunch previously stated... after lunch is continuing sightseeing.. After sightseeing its pretty much down time at hotel or if we have preplanned stuff like Victoria Embankment gardens we go then and then FFA dinner. Sorry our day-by-day didn't give EXACT times for a lot of that =\..

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Hmmmmm wednesday we will be in a "guide chosen considerate location such as St. Jampes Park and picnic ensues"... ummm 9:00AM we going on London Tower tour and after that is continuation of bus/coach tour to see "buckingham palace, st paul's, trafalgar square, westminster, parliament, big ben, and much more" after that is the lunch previously stated... after lunch is continuing sightseeing.. After sightseeing its pretty much down time at hotel or if we have preplanned stuff like Victoria Embankment gardens we go then and then FFA dinner. Sorry our day-by-day didn't give EXACT times for a lot of that =\..
That's cool. Ill try to get some time off work on wednesday so that i can come down, Ill be arriving at victoria so i may well just crash your party at the gardens if the timing works out all good

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sorry guys, been busy these last few days. I can host a tournament this Sunday but I won't be able to participate, and that doesn't leave very much time for people to confirm. Alternatively, we could wait until the 1st of July and invite some Ikes from AiB. I'd rather do that, personally.

At least I know none of you will have anything going on for Canada Day... right?

:248:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'll be eating waffles with authentic maple syrup. >.>
That is actually a breakfast of champions right there.

July 1st would be this sunday, wouldn't you of meant the 8th? or am i just reading that post of yers wrong, nys.
Yep you're right, I don't know why I thought the 1st was two weeks away. Maybe I'm just becoming senile, lol. Anyways that's better cause it's not on Canada Day so we'll do that. Next tourney will be the 8th of July; I'll update the thread title and OP.

Sharkie wrote the post last saturday.. just it till now for the post to come up.
Lol crashboards. I actually did get 502s almost every time I tried to access the forum yesterday.

Okay so guys, thoughts and opinions on inviting AiB? I'm all for inviting at least select AiB Ikes for the next tourney on the 8th. I mean if we could get a consistent attendance of at least 8 people from SWF that'd be great but that hasn't been working out so far and for the sake of the PR/statistics I can't run an event without at least 6 players.

Also does anyone have any other ideas to boost attendance or interest? Experimental things we can try with the ruleset maybe? I'm open to anything at this point so please discuss.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sorry guys, been busy these last few days. I can host a tournament this Sunday but I won't be able to participate, and that doesn't leave very much time for people to confirm.

Wait what? But you always start sign ups on Wednesday.

Anyways, I don't know many AiB folk. Technically, Foodies and Meneil are AiB, so we have two already attending. The other one I know and like is SmashKing.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Anyways, I don't know many AiB folk. Technically, Foodies and Meneil are AiB, so we have two already attending. The other one I know and like is SmashKing.
I know quite a few who should be alright and are still active. I'm sure they'd be up for it if I mentioned it, I just don't want to stir up a whole beehive of people who aren't going to take the time to read the rules and understand how the tourney is run and etc... All I need is two or three people to report sets incorrectly or not follow the character switching rules properly and all the stats get muddled and skewed.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
See a few interesting Ikes on the AIB free-play chat at times recently (don't ask why I am there, when boredom kicked in waiting for GRO and GRFS to go live/available, I had to kill time somehow). Prolly play them a few dozen times and ask if they would be interested.

Some seem to stem from that LoI group also.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Yeah, Waldo was cool, as is smashking. I cant really gauge some of the others though, a few seem to suffer from 'big fish small pond syndrome' and we dont really want that

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Since the Great Magician Nys has disappeared. I'm assuming there is no event this Sunday? It's too late to recruit AIB'ers for this weekend.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Nys, I know you're a mod, and you claim to do your job by reading all the posts "once a day" (given how often you log on), but if you're not gonna do anything in regards to the bi-weekly, I might as well takeover.

And yes, I am publicly calling you out, because you haven't posted in about 2 weeks.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I'm gonna try to get an event going this Sunday, even though I have to fast and stuff. So, "sign ups" have officially started.

Edit: Probably gonna hop on AiB later today and invite a few.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Possibly going to, possibly not
let it be said, My current copy of brawl is messed up, so no-one can use IC's, peach, pika, jiggz or ness vs. me

Top Bottom