• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike : A Detailed Matchup Guide; #33 - Ness

_clinton

Smash Master
Falcon is fun to fight...please remember to stay on defense ^_^ because Falcon does have enough power to punish pretty well as well

Edge guarding wise...I'd say a well placed Knee even if it isn't sweet is enough to be able to screw you under certain conditions...but its not like you don't have a few tools that will gimp him pretty well

Falcon can "thunder stomp" with his Dair, but he can also do it with his Fair (and it is easier with his Fair)

Falcon Punch is about the same as far as kill power goes compared with Ike's Fsmash...only Falcon Punch comes out slower than D3's Fsmash, and of course has some priority issues, and range issues...of course there are a few tricks that can be used for working with landing the move...

Oh and just because I feel like saying it...Your Fsmash clashes with his Fsmash ^_^

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Falcon is fun to fight...please remember to stay on defense ^_^ because Falcon does have enough power to punish pretty well as well

Edge guarding wise...I'd say a well placed Knee even if it isn't sweet is enough to be able to screw you under certain conditions...but its not like you don't have a few tools that will gimp him pretty well

Falcon can "thunder stomp" with his Dair, but he can also do it with his Fair (and it is easier with his Fair)

Falcon Punch is about the same as far as kill power goes compared with Ike's Fsmash...only Falcon Punch comes out slower than D3's Fsmash, and of course has some priority issues, and range issues...of course there are a few tricks that can be used for working with landing the move...

Oh and just because I feel like saying it...Your Fsmash clashes with his Fsmash ^_^
...... Thank you for helping with the specific Ike/Falcon match-up....

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hello there Ike mains.

It seems the Falco boards have decided to discuss Ike as their next matchup.

Naturally, it would be nice to get some input from people who actually know how to use him. So... if you have time to drop by, please leave a few thoughts in here please.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229791

:)

*Waves at Yagami*

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So. My Wii has been broken for ages. I finally got a repair order in. And I'm waiting to be able to send it off. Reason being.. I want to play whomever might want to play that piece of trash we call WiFi over the summer (seeing as I don't have a much better chance to play with many of you). Anyone interested in playing this summer?

Kimchi

Smash Ace
Fort Lee, NJ / Cornell University - Ithaca, NY
I guess I'll play you this summer. Probably not so much though because this summer is going to be utter craziness for me (Studying for the SATs). Also, I'm considering to follow Guilhe's idea and create a temporary Matchup thread as well as a "Revisiting Matchups" thread until Yagami returns. What do you guys think of that?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Dang. I totally meant to put that last post in Ashunera's Library. Whoopsie.

Ah, the SAT. I didn't study for that at all. Don't follow my example. Well, I scored way above average, but still, don't follow my example. I had the lowest score of a group of friends I have. [/offtopic]

And ^ I'd say that's a good idea, but first, I must inquire.. where did Yagami go? More importantly, is he coming back for sure?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I decided to creep and checked his last posts... he said something about not signing on to SWF for a week and hopefully longer.
Well. He succeeded. He probably quit SWF for good (or for a very long time). Either that, or R.I.P. Yagami Light....

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Er, does this board have a Question and Answer thread? Because I can't seem to find it...

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
I know this is kind of late but I'd like to say about gimping Ness' recovery. If you're fast enough, you can perfectly go from facing backwards at the ledge right onto the ledge without any lag much like Falco can do very easily. That screws up Ness' recovery and if he's close enough you can Back Air him into oblivion. Most Nesses won't do that though so if they hang low, find a good timing to spike Ness' Up B because it's certainly possible and has been done many times.

weinner

Smash Apprentice
Hi. The Ganondorf boards are currently rediscussing the Ike match-up and we would like your imput on the match-up.

Here is the link.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202473

Thanks and have a nice day. :).

And don't be shy to state your opinion, our league of mass murderers character board will not kill report you for having a different opinion than they do. :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Lol I think it's solidly 60:40 (possibly 65:35, but that's more about CPs and stuff as opposed to actual character mechanics). I remember that discussion though lol.
If Link is at 60:40 (I felt this was a tad too generous for Link though), imo Ike should be around that ballpark as well, since he has very good tools like fair and nair, jab, bthrow shenanigans and some overall nice options that can be pulled off. I still think we gimp pretty well (provided we get you off in the first place though), have some definitely better tools, and imo jab is not sufficient to ward projectiles (especially ones that have controlled release). Still though, I did feel that the Lucario boards did botch it slightly in the MU last time. (unfortunately from some things I've heard from them, it seems some haven't changed in opinion)
Still, I'd like to hear what Ike mains have to say about the MU, and my opinion has been brushed off before, but I still give the input for them to muddle through (and hopefully come to a more rational realization).
I especially want to hear from Ryko, as he's played some lucario's I've known.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
To be fair, it was mainly one guy who was shouting that bull through the whole topic.

One very LOUD guy. -_- With a lot of people agreeing with him in general that Ike can never beat Lucario unless the Lucario messed up.

It's somewhere in the 6-4 or 65-35 range, like you said. Sadly, I have never faced a good Lucario before. Not even on wifi, so I can't help much here....But it's not 3-7 or something crazy like that. Lucario doesn't have the tools to do so.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I agree, I think that the projectile doesn't **** Ike that much (70:30 is like near **** CG or some mechanic like that) considering the proper gains he can get.
I think it's a very fun MU, lots of spacing going on.
I've only played one Ike who was okay (Tudios), and I think I got a gist of how the MU went, although like I said, we'd like some "what to watch out for" pointers and things like that.

Top Bottom