• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike : A Detailed Matchup Guide; #33 - Ness

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Xyro is a pretty good Samus >_>
I know. I still laugh at the fact he thinks Ike is Samus's best match-up, or one of her best match-ups. Particularly since the last Samus VS Ike discussion ended with Ike's Advantage, either 55-45 or 6-4 depending on the board. >_>

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
60-40 it was. bad killing power + brawl's PS mechanics + Ike's range to avoid her strongest attacks + Ike's kill power

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Shush you. Ike is Ness 7th easiest matchup...

Lol.

Okay good stages include Pirate ship. But beware, thats Ness' best stage to.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
All spikers are a threat. Ness and Ganon being the biggest 2 on par with Ike with spike power. However, Ike's aether is anti-aerial therefore prevents spikes normally and sets up perfectly for Ike to spike someone.

The stage is mainly Ike's best since he doesn't get gimped. Same with Ness lol. Then it comes down to kill power, which Ike has more than Ness.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Okay, so PS ship will be "See who can mind game the other dude better" With Ike having an advantage with his Aether, and Ness having a smaller advantage with his projectiles when it comes to being in the water. I also have a feeling that a match between Ness and Ike would be done within 2 minutes if both decided to water camp.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Okay, so PS ship will be "See who can mind game the other dude better" With Ike having an advantage with his Aether, and Ness having a smaller advantage with his projectiles when it comes to being in the water. I also have a feeling that a match between Ness and Ike would be done within 2 minutes if both decided to water camp.
Lol true.

Don't forget Ness can water pressure (Dair spike)

D

Deleted member

frankly, ness is such a horrible character that I'm surprised the ness board still takes the effort to rank his matches as if he can somehow win some of them. If ike is ness's 7th worst match-up, that means Ness can win, at most, 6 match-ups. Probably less. lol. what a garbage *** trash piece of ****.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
frankly, ness is such a horrible character that I'm surprised the ness board still takes the effort to rank his matches as if he can somehow win some of them. If ike is ness's 7th worst match-up, that means Ness can win, at most, 6 match-ups. Probably less. lol. what a garbage *** trash piece of ****.
:(:(:(:(:(
No wonder you guys have no friends to fight for.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Such is a great example that he sets for the community.

PKNintendo

Smash Master

And you call yourself a mod.
It doesn't work that way kiddo, since each matchup is different.

D

Deleted member

:(:(:(:(:(
No wonder you guys have no friends to fight for.
Such is a great example that he sets for the community.
And you call yourself a mod.
It doesn't work that way kiddo, since each matchup is different.
Levitas in a PM said:
Is there a reason you felt the need to pull this kind of crap?
I like how I flame the character, and rather than defending the character or somehow showing me that he isn't terrible, you (plural) note displeasure instead. The weakness is your dogmatic stance is showing.

To be fair, even I think Ness can win if he severely outplays his opponents. You could at least agree with me there.

Levitas

the moon
I have no interest in attacking such vague claims.

I regularly claim that both ness and lucas are bad, but the way you're going about it is immature.

Man up and get over your melee days already.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
You think there's strength in an argument by calling Ness such a bad character that he can't win any match-ups? Complete and utter ignorance. First off, the statement that was made was that Ike was Ness's 7th easiest match-up, not worst. Ness has two match-ups that I would consider practically auto-win for his opponent at high levels of play, those being G&W and Marth. That's it. He's got a few bad fights from characters you don't see very often (Sheik, PT) and disadvantaged fights at the upper end (Wario, Snake), but other than that, he's not god-awful-70:30yourfavor trash like you make him out to be. That's the same bull**** that people pulled on Ike, and now you're trying to do the same thing. I pray that your next post on this subject won't reinforce my belief that you're a fool.

The weakness is your dogmatic stance is showing.
Virtually every other post made by you in this god**** thread takes a dogmatic tone and doesn't help anyone with anything, unless your goal is to have someone behind a monitor somewhere say, "wow, that guy is arrogant/stupid." Then I guess you're getting somewhere.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940

Why is the first Ike user to flat out flame Ness in general a mod? >_> That isn't making much sense to me.

Is it some "Pre 2006 Member" thingy?

Levitas

the moon
Not only a mod, but one of the 3 best melee ness players, and we all know how being better at a low tier character than other people makes you have a grudge against said character :|

D

Deleted member

Why is the first Ike user to flat out flame Ness in general a mod? >_> That isn't making much sense to me.

Is it some "Pre 2006 Member" thingy?
no, it's cause I feel very strongly about my opinions. that and because our new director of staffing doesn't care what we do so long as we moderate our respective forums well. I'd like to think that the ike forum is pretty well maintained.

I tend to infract much more heavily based on stupidity than actual rule breaking.

I don't care if people trash ike as a character cause then I ....just beat them?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
no, it's cause I feel very strongly about my opinions. that and because our new director of staffing doesn't care what we do so long as we moderate our respective forums well. I'd like to think that the ike forum is pretty well maintained.

I tend to infract much more heavily based on stupidity than actual rule breaking.

I don't care if people trash ike as a character cause then I ....just beat them?
How the flip is comboking still here then?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm just worry about the Samus boards. They have restarted their match-up topic yet again, and the guy in charge thinks that Ike is Samus's easiest match-up. >_> As in, assuming I read it right, easier then Captain Falcon or Ganondorf. Said thing is that he's one of the best Samus's out there. Xyro, or whatever his name is....

Anyhow: Stages for against Ness. It is kinda funny, a lot of stages Ike would be good at, Ness would be good at. Both love PS, Delfino, Green Greens, Corneria......I'm honestly considering Mario Circuit as the best CP of all things. O_o

No worrying about gimping on either end, but Ike has an easier time flat out KOing Ness then Ness does flat out KOing Ike. Except for that Bthrow....only thing that is making me think otherwise....

Is Ness any good at Norfair? Ike's not bad there, and has an easier time recovery thanks to multiple platforms.

I know. I still laugh at the fact he thinks Ike is Samus's best match-up, or one of her best match-ups. Particularly since the last Samus VS Ike discussion ended with Ike's Advantage, either 55-45 or 6-4 depending on the board. >_>

Again if you ever READ my post you would see i feel its MY easiest match-up. Its got to be samus top 5 easiest match-ups. Ike has KO power, yes but he can LAND any of them except jab is the samus plays like a samus SHOULD. Ike can be gimpd to hell and back and theres nothing ike can do about it. I could go into detail but i fear these boards are like the sonic boards.......total fanboys(however im open for discussion if you can be SERIOUS about it)

And the LAST match-up guide was made by a person(royta) who either has never used samus or uses samus as his 26th main(lol). i remade the samus match-up guide because im the BEST samus in the US right now(yes im better than that Tduor kid).

Xyro is a pretty good Samus >_>
the BEST samus

§leepy God

Smash Master
Ness vs Ike huh? This won't be an easy task to handle him while he can gimp Ike faster than we can gimp Ness. But it looks like you've done a lot already, so I won't add my way of viewing, (though I main both Ike and Ness).

WeretigerX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PentSage
Well I think it's 55-45 Ness.

Ness' advantages: Projectiles, speed, good knockback on some moves

Ike's advantages: Strength, range, priority in most areas.

As said before, spacing IS the key to winning with Ike. Don't let Ness get too close and don't get caught in PK fire. That's about it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wow, I'm not ignorant. I just hate SoR sorry. It's probably an 55-45 matchup advantage to ike. I doesn't even matter since nobody good really has ever played this matchup beside me and mow in friendlies.

It's the marth matchup except without the speed, cg, side b, and a little more range.

Top Bottom