• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you're waiting on a newcomer from an unrepresented series, you might want to let it go...

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
Today's Smash Bros Direct revealed a lot of upcoming content, but also left plenty of mysteries to reveal later on, including the identity of the remaining newcomers. Despite this, I believe that these unrevealed fighters all come from series already represented by the current roster. My evidence lies in the stage list.

In the history of Smash Bros, only four series did not receive stage representation in the same game their first fighter debuted: Earthbound, F-ZERO, Fire Emblem, and R.O.B. Every other series introduced into the Smash Bros roster has had a stage from their series to appear in.

It's been confirmed that there are 103 stages in the game. Not "over 103," but exactly 103. All of them are unlocked from the start, and all of them appeared on the stage selection screen we saw in the Direct. That means there are no new stages.

No new stages means no new fighters from a series that doesn't already have a stage.

Here is a complete list of franchises with stage representation, but no fighter:

• Electroplankton
  • Pictochat
  • Nintendogs

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well that is not true. The Monster Hunter stage was revealed after that fact was stated and was not in the stage roster when that was said.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Well that is not true. The Monster Hunter stage was revealed after that fact was stated and was not in the stage roster when that was said.
The Monster Hunter stage shown off was a flat surface with, what seems like, walk-offs. Seems like a really weird stage when compared to everything else we have.

I think it's probably part of the mysterious mode, as it looks a lot like an SSE boss stage.

Though I feel like they probably concealed some stages relating to unannounced characters to avoid spoiling them.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Keep in mind that the website and a lot of promotional stuff listed "66 Fighters!" after E3, and look how that turned out.

You very well could be right, but it's also very possible that they're keeping those last few hidden.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
There's almost definitely going to be some new stages. Probably not many, but you can see at the bottom of the screen select there's plenty of space for a few more stages. And considering we're only in August there's no doubt going to be a few more big names to drop before release (They revealed Ridley, K. Rool, and Simon so who knows who else they have saved to reveal) and I doubt if there's a third party among them they won't give them their own stage.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ah, looking at patterns and making up rules! Truly a gentleman’s sport, it is. Smash speculation, what would you be without it.

But seriously, there are so many ways things could go different. Hell, since ‘few newcomers have got in without stages’ is apparently a fan rule now, let me trump it with ‘every Smash game has had at least one new franchise’. ‘Every’ beats ‘every with some exceptions’.

D

Deleted member

One fighter, who I doubt will be getting is Jibanyan, Yo-Kai Watch is popular in Japan, but I don't know how good, his chances are. Still it's okay this roster is all I could ask for, so I'm content!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It wasn't confirmed as a stage at all. So I wouldn't put any stock into it. He also specified Ratharos(did I spell that right?) was a Boss and an AT. He mentioned no stage at all. It's likely the new Adventure Mode. He also noted that there were a total of 103 stages, but noted more characters, items, AT's, Trophies, music, will all come. Stages was not among this. We may actually have every stage now.

Top Bottom