• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If your main was a pokemon, what type would it be, and what moves do you think it could learn?

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Simple as that. Here's an example:

I think toon link would be a normal + fighting type, or just a pure normal type.
Corrin, on the other hand, would be a fighting + dragon type.

Toon link could know close combat, brick break, sacred sword (it's already a signature move, but still..), and retaliate.
Corrin could know dragon pulse, dragon claw, close combat, and fly.

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
"Hey listen!" As a Toon Link Main myself and a big Legend of Zelda fan. Toon Link would definitely be Normal / Fairy type. Maybe even Steel instead of Normal. He's kinda got a Aegislash thing going on. As far as what moves he would know I'm not sure at this time.

Last edited:

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
Hmm...interesting. If ZSS were a Pokemon, I think she'd be a fighting/poison type. (That duel type can still happen, right? God I've become so ignorant about Pokemon as of late...) She'd know brick break, bulk up, poison jab and seismic toss.

Ice Climbers...well I think it's pretty obvious that they'd be ice types. They'd know blizzard, frost breath, ice ball and ice punch.

Ness...well he'd be a psychic type. And he'd know calm mind, extrasensory, teleport and heal pulse.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
The real question is, would Toon Link evolve into Link or would they be two separate pokemon?
Good question. honestly, it could go either way (heck, link could even be an alternate form of toon link, like how keldeo has 2 forms)

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...interesting. If ZSS were a Pokemon, I think she'd be a fighting/poison type. (That duel type can still happen, right? God I've become so ignorant about Pokemon as of late...) She'd know brick break, bulk up, poison jab and seismic toss.
this sounds cool. Where'd ya get the poison from though?

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
:4robinm:: Psychic (cleverness, I guess?)/Dragon (vessel of Grima)
  • Fire Blast (Fire anima tomes)
  • Hurricane (Wind anima tomes)
  • Thunder (Thunder anima tomes)
  • Helping Hand/Protect/Beat Up (Fire Emblem Awakening's Pair Up feature with Dual Guard and/or Dual Strike)
Robin would probably have Forewarn as an ability, and his stats would be high and balanced. As for nature? Pretty much anyone of them could work.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Normal/Flying or Steel/Flying type, mega evolution could be Masked Dedede and changes him to a Steel/Electric type.
He'd have very sluggish speed but high attack and HP.
He'd have body slam as a move because of his Nair.

Pelagia

Smash Rookie
If Yoshi was a pokemon he would be fighting and dinosaur...oh wait that is not an option let's say dragon because of is final smash.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
:4robinm:: Psychic (cleverness, I guess?)/Dragon (vessel of Grima)
  • Fire Blast (Fire anima tomes)
  • Hurricane (Wind anima tomes)
  • Thunder (Thunder anima tomes)
  • Helping Hand/Protect/Beat Up (Fire Emblem Awakening's Pair Up feature with Dual Guard and/or Dual Strike)
Robin would probably have Forewarn as an ability, and his stats would be high and balanced. As for nature? Pretty much anyone of them could work.
nice!
The males and females would probably function like frillish do

Last edited:

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
My Smash 64 main is Captain Falcon who would clearly be Fighting / Fire beacuse of Falcon Punch / Kick. Again not sure what his moves would be but his ability would be "Color Change" "Show me your moves!"

Pelagia

Smash Rookie
For my smash 64 main, well Kirby would basically be normal but he is basically the ditto of smash bros. However I think he may be like Kecleon and change is own type according to his opponent moves.

Pelagia

Smash Rookie
I realized I forgot to put moves for both yoshi and kirby so here they are.

Yoshi: Headbutt, Tail Slap, Rolling kick, Head smash and for his final smash dragonbreath
Kirby: Wood hammer, mimic, Double Slap, Copycat

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
:kirby64: :kirbymelee: :kirby2: :4kirby:

Type: Normal
Moves: Swallow, Stockpile, Spit Up, Comet Punch / Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Transform

:olimar: :4olimar:
Type: Normal and Grass
Moves: Pluck, Vine Whip, Grass Whistle, Drain Punch

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
:4myfriends::
type: fighting
moves: Swords dance (everything), eruption (eruption), quick attack (quick draw), counter (counter).

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
:4myfriends::
type: fighting
moves: Swords dance (everything), eruption (eruption), quick attack (quick draw), counter (counter).
nice moveset! (i actually forgot about swords dance and counter... man i really need to play oras again)
What about fire + fighting though?

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
:4peach: Peachy (Grass/Fairy):
  • Spore
  • Seed Bomb
  • Play Rough
  • Body Slam
Spore represents poor Toady, and Seed Bomb loosely encompasses the concept of chucking vegetables at people's faces. Play Rough involves how Peachy kicks asteroids while being a princess~ Body Slam refers to moves like Peach Bomber and Bair.

:4zelda: Zelderps (Psychic/Fairy):
  • Magic Coat
  • Mystical Fire
  • Dragon Ascent
  • Substitute
Zel's moveset would literally represent her special moves. Magic Coat is Nayru and Mystical as Din's Fire. Dragon Ascent because the Elevator is so grand and powerful that it makes Zel look like Rayquay~ Sub because Phantom is a meat shield.

:4zss: Zamus (Electric/Fighting):
  • Thunder Wave
  • High Jump Kick
  • Rolling Kick
  • Close Combat
Thunder Wave is her Paralyzer while HJK is the infamous Boost Kick. Rolling Kick is her Flip Jump, and Close Combat is just a generalization of ZSS always being in your face and kicking you into oblivion~

Last edited:

Smudges

and we're back.
NNID
Smudges0
:4ryu:
Fighting Type (Duh)

Close Combat/High Jump Kick (...?)
Low Kick (Dtilt, good on heavy fighters/fast fallers. Ironically, low sweep is also good on heavies)
Drain Punch (Serves as Focus Attack ie. It allows him to tank some hits)
Fake Out (Collarbone Breaker. Shield breaks in smash bros, and Focus sash breaks in Pokemon)

I'd really, REALLY like to give him Stone Edge for Flying type coverage, but... His moveset doesn't match, except maybe for Uair as an anti-air because of it's big hitboxes.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
:4peach: Peachy (Grass/Fairy):
  • Spore
  • Seed Bomb
  • Play Rough
  • Body Slam
Spore represents poor Toady, and Seed Bomb loosely encompasses the concept of chucking vegetables at people's faces. Play Rough involves how Peachy kicks asteroids while being a princess~ Body Slam refers to moves like Peach Bomber and Bair.

:4zelda: Zelderps (Psychic/Fairy):
  • Magic Coat
  • Mystical Fire
  • Dragon Ascent
  • Substitute
Zel's moveset would literally represent her special moves. Magic Coat is Nayru and Mystical as Din's Fire. Dragon Ascent because the Elevator is so grand and powerful that it makes Zel look like Rayquay~ Sub because Phantom is a meat shield.

:4zss: Zamus (Electric/Fighting):
  • Thunder Wave
  • High Jump Kick
  • Rolling Kick
  • Close Combat
Thunder Wave is her Paralyzer while HJK is the infamous Boost Kick. Rolling Kick is her Flip Jump, and Close Combat is just a generalization of ZSS always being in your face and kicking you into oblivion~
another great one! Couldn't peach also have double slap, because of her jab? (even though it's one of my least favorite pokemon moves >_<)

Last edited:

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
:4ryu:
Fighting Type (Duh)

Close Combat/High Jump Kick (...?)
Low Kick (Dtilt, good on heavy fighters/fast fallers. Ironically, low sweep is also good on heavies)
Drain Punch (Serves as Focus Attack ie. It allows him to tank some hits)
Fake Out (Collarbone Breaker. Shield breaks in smash bros, and Focus sash breaks in Pokemon)

I'd really, REALLY like to give him Stone Edge for Flying type coverage, but... His moveset doesn't match, except maybe for Uair as an anti-air because of it's big hitboxes.
Nice use of fake out! also, i think that many fighting types in pokemon can learn rock type moves (like stone edge), so it should work imo

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
another great one! Couldn't peach also have double slap, because of her jab? (even though it's one of my least favorite pokemon moves >_<)
... Pokemon can only have four moves, and I feel like my moveset sums up Peach quite well. Besides, Double Slap is for level 10 Audinos~

Also, instead of spending the time to change all of your posts to a different color, go to your account preferences and change it there. And rather than double posting and creating unnecessary clutter, you should reply to both people in the same post~

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
... Pokemon can only have four moves, and I feel like my moveset sums up Peach quite well. Besides, Double Slap is for level 10 Audinos~

Also, instead of spending the time to change all of your posts to a different color, go to your account preferences and change it there. And rather than double posting and creating unnecessary clutter, you should reply to both people in the same post~
Didn't realize that qualified as double posting, my bad. Thanks for the color tip though!

GreenMonkey

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3411-4102-3196
Didn't realize that qualified as double posting, my bad. Thanks for the color tip though!
I don't believe it's an extremely reinforced rule or anything that would call for punishment, but just something minor I wanted to point out~ ;)

As for the color tip, you're of course very welcome~

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Let's make a moveset for the Italian plumber! :4mario:

Type: Fire/Fighting

Attack 1: Fire Punch (Inspired by F-Smash; and to a lesser extent the Fireball)
Attack 2: Mirror Coat (Inspired by Cape)
Attack 3: Brick Break (Inspired by Mario's combo and physical attack orientation)
Attack 4: Scald (Inspired by the Scalding FLUDD custom move)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ha!

I'll jus-

:4charizard: Oh.

I'll use my se-

:4mewtwo: Oh...

Project M is de-
:ivysaur: Uh...

My Brawl Main wou-

:pt:...

Melee ma-
:mewtwomelee:...

Yoshi would be a Normal type. :yoshi64:

Last edited:

Kaiduru Zeta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kaiduru_Zeta8
3DS FC
1332-7842-2519
Wii Fit Trainer would be Normal and Fighting or Fire and Fighting because of Sun Salutation
Moves
Sunny Day
Cross Chop
Focus Punch
Recover

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Cloud - Normal/Fighting
Moves: