• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were to give ANY character something that would break the meta game, who would you give it to and what would it be?

VollrathFGC

Smash Cadet
Personally I'd give Little Mac the ability to use specials if you hit any A move, including smash attacks

just imagine, hitting down angled fsmash and just cancelling it into KO Punch, it'd kill at 0

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Kirby Up+B now uses the fire sword from The Crystal Shards.
Fire_sword.JPG.jpg

D

Deleted member

Samus can use an infinite screwattack just by jumping without a stop until you want to.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi's tongue on his grab and neutral special now covers the length of the entire stage.

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Hero can execute critical hits at random.
I think that would be very broken. Luckily, it's just a silly idea of mine.:)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Villager can pocket anything. Luma, Ragnell, even other fighers! When un-pocketed, the character goes into free-fall

Necro'lic

Smash Ace
Hero can execute critical hits at random.
I think that would be very broken. Luckily, it's just a silly idea of mine.:)
Would be extremely broken. Maybe to balance it out, it could only be on smash attacks. :)

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace
Would be extremely broken. Maybe to balance it out, it could only be on smash attacks. :)
Orrrr, maybe the Hero could have the option to use between like 12 different down Special options that are all dependent on rng? That would be ridiculous though why would they do that...

link2702

Smash Champion
Ganon can absorb projectiles with his down special. Each time he absorbs one, his next neutral special gets charged and does more damage and comes out faster. If he absorbs a charge shot from samus for instance, his warlock punch comes out just as fast as zss’s jab, and breaks shields in one hit.

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I would add so that all Corrin's attacks INSTAKILL. (However only works for Female Corrin. Male Corrin's attacks do 0% and no knockback.)

:ultcorrinf:>:ultcorrin:

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
By "something" I take it you mean only one thing, not numerous things. Melee Counter. It reflects projectiles and counters attacks. If the opponent is hit by it, he/she enters the daze animation as if he/she had his/her shield broke. Do that near the ledge and walk into your opponent.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
:ultwiifittrainer: No recharge time between deep breathing. A move that not only heals you, but also buffs your character.

VollrathFGC

Smash Cadet
y'all saying that Hero is broken already really need to look at the fact that people thought Meta Knight was supposed to be broken in Ultimate

just wait, honestly he looks alright if you look at his kit objectively, but we'll see

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
y'all saying that Hero is broken already really need to look at the fact that people thought Meta Knight was supposed to be broken in Ultimate

just wait, honestly he looks alright if you look at his kit objectively, but we'll see
Jokes aside, the fact that he can't move while accesing the menu may balance his wild arsenal of magic attacks... but the critical attack is just insane. Even if it's a super rare situation, you're getting free extra damage just by doing a basic action. There's no gamble like Judgement or Green Missile. And the best thing is that it was included because critical attacks are just that "iconic" to the series. Mother, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, Mario & Luigi, Final Fantasy have no such thing as critical attacks apparently. :laugh:

VollrathFGC

Smash Cadet
Jokes aside, the fact that he can't move while accesing the menu may balance his wild arsenal of magic attacks... but the critical attack is just insane. Even if it's a super rare situation, you're getting free extra damage just by doing a basic action. There's no gamble like Judgement or Green Missile. And the best thing is that it was included because critical attacks are just that "iconic" to the series. Mother, Fire Emblem, Pokémon, Mario & Luigi, Final Fantasy have no such thing as critical attacks apparently. :laugh:
The critical hit is only on smash attacks right? the only time it would affect the match is probably via misinput that ends up killing or in desperation, cause while his up smash and down smash seem fairly generic, fsmash seems really slow

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
The critical hit is only on smash attacks right? the only time it would affect the match is probably via misinput that ends up killing or in desperation, cause while his up smash and down smash seem fairly generic, fsmash seems really slow
If I remember correctly, Forward Smash was the only move used to show critical attacks, but I think it was mentioned all Smash attacks could turn into critical strikes. I hope that's it. If all A Attacks can do the thing, then I guess I'll game end myself. :shades:

Last edited:

VollrathFGC

Smash Cadet
If I remember correctly, Forward Smash was the only move used to show critical attacks, but I think it was mentioned all Smash attacks could turn into critical strikes. I hope that's it. If all A Attacks can do the thing, then I guess I'll game end myself. :shades:
yeah i looked and it's only smash attacks

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Break as in mix up the meta? Because I wouldn't want to make an obviously overpowered character. That just wouldn't be fun.

I had this idea earlier today. What if there were a move that only countered grabs? For however many frames, the user was grab-immune, but not immune to standard attacks. That character would force players to approach and fight them in a very different manner than others on the roster. Would be interesting.

slrigeigdew

Smash Journeyman
Make Joker with Arsene his default state but also multiple personas that gives him different attributes just like Shulk's Monado Arts and a slighty different side special (aesthetically it would be different but fucntions about the same.) To compensate, the move to switch his personas would replace his down special and Rebel gauge is removed completely.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Give Marth, Lucina and Chrom their Falchion properties that deals triple damage against any dragon-esque fighter: Charizard, Ridley, Bowser, Jr and the Koopalings, Corrin and even my boy Yoshi. Arguably Robin too. Bit of a grey area there.

Watch the hatred really roll in.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I’d give Bayo her smash 4 abilities back.

She’s so terrible in Ultimate, I wonder why they even bothered with her in this game? No character should be this goddamn slow and frustrating.

Last edited:

VollrathFGC

Smash Cadet
I’d give Bayo her smash 4 abilities back.

She’s so terrible in Ultimate, I wonder why they even bothered with her in this game? No character should be this goddamn slow and frustrating.
she's fine as is, just fix some things

overall she's a lot harder of a character to master, but has a ton of potential, i feel if they fix her moves she'll find her way to high tier

EGsmash

Smash Apprentice
Give every character critical hit chances as well as one-hit-KO moves. Also everyone is the speed of Joker with hurtboxes the size of Pichu. Keep it balanced.

Top Bottom