• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were to design a SF game......

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
how would you go about doing so? We know SF could use more love, and I haven't seen a thread on this.

1. Would you add more cutscenes communication between characters like that seen in Adventures and Assault, or leave it mainly to radio transmissions like classically seen in SF64 and its SNES Counterpart?

2. Would you have Fox battle Adnross once again or progress to a different enemy, one more intense and powerful than Andross ever was?

3. Would you bring or replace Krystal with another female comrade/enemy? If so, whom?
and finally...

4. What subtitle would you use?

These can be of your own creation. They don't have to be current figures or places in the current SF franchise.

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
I didn't realize this was in Nintenzone and thought it was about Street Fighter.
1. SF64 did it right
2. SF64 andross battle copy paste
3. Krystal wasn't in 64 except for the 3DS version so I might include her
4. Cruisin Down the Space on my 64

finalark

SNORLAX
1: Why not both?
2: I've shot Andross' hands and then his face in too many ****ing games. This includes games outside of Star Fox. Please make a new baddy with interesting abilities that could lead to a more unique boss fight.
3: I really don't care if Krystal is in the game or not. Although her being the crew's resident space mystic archetype opens up the SF universe to more possibilities.
4: Probably a simple one word subtitle like every other game in the series has used. Probably something like Star Fox Rises or something equally as cheesy.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
1: Why not both?
2: I've shot Andross' hands and then his face in too many ****ing games. This includes games outside of Star Fox. Please make a new baddy with interesting abilities that could lead to a more unique boss fight.
3: I really don't care if Krystal is in the game or not. Although her being the crew's resident space mystic archetype opens up the SF universe to more possibilities.
4: Probably a simple one word subtitle like every other game in the series has used. Probably something like Star Fox Rises or something equally as cheesy.
You could use both. As I said in the OP, I urged to be creative with the responses and consider the world as your oyster.

A one-word subtitle would probably work. I thought of something along the lines like Star Fox Universe, since that was considered way back when as the title that would have been given for Smash 4, but wasn't.

I'd suggest introducing new weapons, vehicles, and locations for the game. Kinda take influence from Super Mario Galaxy here in creating three-dimensional worlds, like having a Ice Planet or a Jungle-type of planet. Hence why SF Universe would be fitting, because the term itself opens to new possibilities. I have so many ideas as to what could keep Fox McCloud busy, if I could take over the franchise, I have a gut feeling I'd give it better treatment, but that's just me.

And a mixture of radio transmission/cutscenes could work, but would depend on the mission and the structure of communication involved.

1. Both. Assualt had some great stuff but 64 has many merits as well.
2. Probably someone else. Andross is getting a bit stale.
3. Just have Krystal. Maybe bring back one of the cut Star Fox 2 characters.
4. Well we have Star Fox Zero so I would pull a Microsoft and make Star Fox One :troll: Probably another one word sutitle. Preferrably another one that starts with an "A"

Would be assualt style gameplay (and weaponry) as I think it was the best but much much more vehicle. The land sections were ok but it was far too imbalanced towards pilot stages for a game about flying.

Heavy changes to controls so you can actually move around without feeling so stiff.

Online multiplayer including Arwing only stages or pilot stages as different modes. characters all have the same stats so you can play who you want without feeling gimped/OP

Crew still consists of Fox/Falco/Slippy/Krystal with Peppy and ROB64 on overwatch

Star Wolf makes an appearnce with Panther still a member.

Probably a lot more to say but meh.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, Ryu and Ken would be mandatory, but beyond that, Dhalsim wou- oh. Star Fox.

1. Radio transmissions are the way to go.
2. I'd likely include Andross as a fake-out final boss before the real new baddie. Kinda like Medusa in Uprising.
3. I'm not too big on Krystal. I'd probably stick to the main SF64 crew.
4. Star Fox: Armada has a nice ring to it.

D

Deleted member

1. The game would be a either a sequel to Star Fox Command, or a Star Fox Command remake in the style of Assault.
2. The gameplay would be similar to Star Fox Assault with easier to control on-foot missions.
3. The game would be longer than Assault, about the same length as Adventures.
4. It would balance both on-foot, Landmaster and Arwing action.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
1. Radio transmission and Cut-scenes

2. Extra-dimensional being that can destroy space-time and distort the fabric of reality along with existence (Andross as a fake final boss) that looks like a cross between Sirius (Brightest Star) and Galeem with Zero from Kirby

3. Fay from Star Fox 2

4. I would call it Star Fox: Beyond Eternity (Like Multiverse then Omniverse to the Box and Outside itself, got this from Verses and Dimensions wiki)

Last edited:

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
I might get blasted for this but I think Starfox Zero had a lot of good ideas but a few very very VERY bad ideas.

Pros
- I really like artwork and style of the game. It felt new and interesting but also familiar.
- The story was pretty interesting even though it was a retelling of the original game it kind of rebooted the series with the portals.
- I like the different vehicles and though many hate the gyrocopter I actually liked those missions because it was a change of pace.

Cons
- The controls were horrible. Motion controls for aiming was a stupid idea.
- I didn't like the flying capabilities of the LANDmaster. It really made it feel like those mission you were in an Arwing with a different skin. Same with the chicken walker with the arwing.

If they're going to make a Starfox Zero 2.0 switch I think they need to do this.

- Have true classic controls and not this moving while shooting. If they really want to add new controls to it then the motion controls should be based on the flying like in Wii Sports Resort. That is much more natural and how many of us find ourselves leaning when we're trying to make that sharp turn or such.
- Add a new ship specifically for two player where one is the pilot and the other is the gunner.
- Design the landmaster levels with ground only levels.

Now I have ideas for more original StarFox including an open world design (think StarLink) and a VR game but I'm going to save those for a later post.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
how would you go about doing so? We know SF could use more love, and I haven't seen a thread on this.

1. Would you add more cutscenes communication between characters like that seen in Adventures and Assault, or leave it mainly to radio transmissions like classically seen in SF64 and its SNES Counterpart?

2. Would you have Fox battle Andross once again or progress to a different enemy, one more intense and powerful than Andross ever was?

3. Would you bring or replace Krystal with another female comrade/enemy? If so, whom?
and finally...

4. What subtitle would you use?

These can be of your own creation. They don't have to be current figures or places in the current SF franchise.
  1. Mix of both.
  2. Progress to a new enemy, Maybe on the same level as Dark Matter from Kirby.
  3. Keep Krystal, add Miya Lynx and Fay Spaniel from Star Fox 2
  4. Star Fox Recon

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
The only thing I'd want for certain would be a co-op mode, both offline and online which allowed upto four players to take control of any one of Fox, Falco, Slippy, Peppy, Krystal, Fay and Miyu as they battle against Andross' forces and hired mercs.

A co-op Star Fox would be the dream.

Top Bottom