• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were to create a Pokémon region based off a location on the Earth, where would it be?

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
It would be really interesting to see what the community thinks.
Please remember:
Any idea is acceptable.
Don't shoot down someone's Utopia just because you disagree with it. You live in yours and let them live in theirs.
Use your imagination. Go ahead and post a picture of your region if you think it'll help people visualize your idea.

Anyways, I'd base mine in the Alaskan-Russian area. I'd make the left side of the map sort of tropical like Hoenn and I'd make the right side of the map very mountainous with forests like Sinnoh.

Edit: But really, I'm more interested in what you, the community thinks where Pokemon should go. Go ahead and post your ideas! Don't be afraid!

Last edited:

finalark

SNORLAX
I would dig a region based on China. It's a huge country with tons of culture and geographic diversity. Lots of potential there.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Me and my friend jokingly argued that the next region should be based off of Russia, and would be set during a Pseudo Russian Revolution, i.e. A very kid-friendly version of it, and the player would be fighting for the proletariat, (which would be named something else. Pokétariat?), and the evil team would be the bourgeoisie (also renamed. Team something-or-other-space-related), and the Pokémon professor would be an undercover spy from the evil team, and betray you near the end of your journey, and end up being the final boss. We have thought quite a bit about this havent we?

However, if we were trying to predict the next location that would be used, it would most likely be somewhere around Austrailia, Oceania, or New Zealand. That entire side of the world has not been touched in Pokémon regions, and every one has a lot of potential.

カワシさん

I would do a region somewhere around the Mediterranean Sea, with some locations in where the southern part of the Italian Peninsula is and others where Libya and Tunisia are (they could definately use Tunis and Tripoli as inspiration). If they wanted to go far-fetched they could set the Pokemon League in Cyprus or Malta.

Edit: Also, they could make the Libya and Tunisia area mainly desert with a bit of farmland and hills to the west, and the cities styled in a mix of ancient and modern, and villages further south. Then in the Italian Peninsula area they could make it mainly plains with a bit of forests, and the cities mainly modern with a bit of suburban and metropolian areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twewy

Smash Lord
Venice and the surrounding cities in Italy. That or Australia, though my need for a koala Pokemon and Pokemon Contests ala Mad Max influences that.

Shog

Smash Ace
I am gonna be boring and recommend Germany, where I live, or Croatia, my dad's birthplace
First has cultural stuff
Second has a variety of nature
Choose your poison

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd make it in the Blue Ridge Mountains because of the amazing landscape (and I live in NC). There could even be a train to the Battle Frountier that they model after the Biltmore House.

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
I'd make it a bunch of islands, like Hawaii or coastal Alaska. I really like surfing segments, I really like Hoenn, and I think that the Sevii Islands are the best region in any Pokemon.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'd make it a bunch of islands, like Hawaii or coastal Alaska. I really like surfing segments, I really like Hoenn, and I think that the Sevii Islands are the best region in any Pokemon.
Like the Orange Islands?

D

Deleted member

Antartica and have the whole region (or most of it) covered in snow and ice.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I'd like a region that borrowed from different regions to form a very interesting diverse region.

Atlantis, Egyptian Desert, Easter Island, Northern Canada/ Russia/ Atlaska, African Savannah, West Indies, Amazon Jungle, Area 51, Bermuda Triangle

But I really like the russian/ atlaskan/ Canada idea. Boreal Forests, Tundra, igloos, rocky mountains.

Plus these themed pokemon: wolf, sasquatch, artic fox, lemming (standard normal rodent) musk ox, narwhal, killer whale, whale shark, bob cat, cougar, moose, simildon & mastodon (fossil mons)

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I would put it on the Moon (while yes it's not a location on Earth, it's heavily associated with it, so I think it has some merit). I mean, just the idea of Pokemon as extra-terrestrials or even how advanced technology in Pokemon would become brings on a lot of interesting ideas in of itself.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I would put it on the Moon (while yes it's not a location on Earth, it's heavily associated with it, so I think it has some merit). I mean, just the idea of Pokemon as extra-terrestrials or even how advanced technology in Pokemon would become brings on a lot of interesting ideas in of itself.
We're sailors on the moon we carry our harpoons.

What if the pokemoon is like a second earth. Its possibru

---------------EDIT----------------

I was bored and came up with a list of possible pokemon in an atlaskan themed map.

Wolf Pup --> Wolf (Two stage dog evolutionary line like Arcanine/ houndoom)
Lemming --> Ermines (Two stage normal rodent evolutionary line like Ratata, Sentret etc)
Mammoth Calf --> Woolly Mammoth (Two stage fossil pokemon)
Similadon Kitten --> Similadon (Two stage fossil pokemon)
Inukshuk (Rock Type)
Snowy Owl (3 stage duel type like Talonflame)
Musk Ox (Single stage normal type like Tauros)
Sasquatch (Legendary like Mewtwo, Luigia, or ho-oh)
Beluga --> Narwhal (Similar to a Wailmer evolutionary line)

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Blimey mate i would go with me homeland, Australia
Here's a list of possible Poke'mon along with fossils and regional variants also starters:
New Poke'mon Types
-Cosmic
-Light
-Sound

The Starters:
Grass type Wombat
Fire type Mulga snake
Water type Bubble snail

Poke'mon:
Spiders (Red Back/Funnel Web/Wolf and many more)
Bilby
Kangaroo
Emu
Dingo
Koala
Qoull
Kookaburra
Tasmanian Devil
Frilled Neck lizard
Galah
Green tree frog
Platypus
Echidna
Rainbow Lorikeet
Sugar Glider
Dugong
Cockatoo
Saltwater Crocodile
Blue Tongue lizard
Cassowary
Goanna
Murray Cod
Weedy Sea Dragon
Spotted Wobblegong
Sea Anemone
Ocellaris Clownfish
Isopod
Western Rock lobster
Cone Snail
Crown-of-thorns starfish
Blue-ringed octopus
Box jellyfish
Grey Nurse shark
Cane Toad
Giant Gippsland earthworm
Smooth stingray
Giant Grouper
Barracuda
Oarfish (do they live in Aussie?)
Old Jalopy
Tomato Sauce (Dead Horse)
Meat pie
Sausage roll
Barbecue grill
Dunny outhouse

Fossil Pokemon:
Thylacine (known as Tasmanian Tiger)
Varanus priscus (Giant australian goanna)
Zaglossus hacketti (sheep sized echidna)
Diprotodon (largest marsupial)
Dromornis stirtoni (flightless bird)
Wonambi naracoortensis (non-venomous snake)
Quinkana (terrestrial crocodile, teeth were blade-like)
Liasis dubudingala (largest snake)
Meiolania (huge cryptodire turtle, has a horned head and spiked tail)

Regional Variants:
Ekans-Red bellied snake
Arkbok-Sea snake
Spinarak-Redback
Octillery-Blue ring
Dodiro-Kiwi
Joltik-Jumping spider
Galvantula-Huntsman or Goliath Birdeater
Sharpedo-Great White
Komala-Drop Bear
Wailmer -Dwarf Sperm Whale
Wailord-Humpback
Pikachu-Hopping Rat

The Legendaries:
Rainbow Seperant
Uluru
Harbour Bridge
Opera House
Migaloo (White Whale)
Tucker the Dog
Luna Park
Bunyip
Gold Coast
Great Barrier Reef
Ned Kelly
Big Banana/Pineapple/Orange Trio

Boom! that's what i would do!

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
The Las Vegas Strip. The slot machines are how you encounter wild pokemon. the various gym leaders are based off the various Cirque Du Soleil shows there. Team Rocket are the villains.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
China or Africa

For Africa, definitely a water elephant starter.

Top Bottom