• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you were a Game Developer

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Let's say hypothetically, you were in charge of a Vidoe game developer, whether it would be a large Nintendo sized developer or something smaller like a subsidiary or an Indie developer...

What sort of games would you develop?

Platformers?:4mario:
RPG's?:4cloud:
Puzzle Games?:4pacman:
Sports Games?:4mii:
Shooters?:4duckhunt:
A little bit of everything?

You can even list and describe the concept behind specific titles if you want...
You could even go farther with a name for your company and even a possible mascot if you want...

I'll come up with my own ideas later on...

Well first of all I would probably be fired for not having any relevant skills. . .

But assuming I can get lucky and evade my superiors long enough to get a game out I would like to have some level of variety but almost every idea in my head is of RPGs. Whether it's a game about a half devil half angel child using the power of Blue Magic/Enemy Skill/ Catmancy/ whatever the **** you want to call it to fight angels, demons, and plain old beasts, to a duology(?) of a prince fighting an unfortunate war (INb$ Fire Emblem) and the daughter of a fallen soldier out for revenge against the prince, it pretty much is always a turn based RPG.

Of course, that wouldn't stop me from taking a few swings at Metroid and Kid Icarus games as long as now one else is willing to step up to the plate :p
:061:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well first of all I would probably be fired for not having any relevant skills. . .

But assuming I can get lucky and evade my superiors long enough to get a game out I would like to have some level of variety but almost every idea in my head is of RPGs. Whether it's a game about a half devil half angel child using the power of Blue Magic/Enemy Skill/ Catmancy/ whatever the **** you want to call it to fight angels, demons, and plain old beasts, to a duology(?) of a prince fighting an unfortunate war (INb$ Fire Emblem) and the daughter of a fallen soldier out for revenge against the prince, it pretty much is always a turn based RPG.

Of course, that wouldn't stop me from taking a few swings at Metroid and Kid Icarus games as long as now one else is willing to step up to the plate :p
:061:
Zebei, did you try to capitalize a 4?

And I'd probably start with a platformer and go from there.
Shame on you.

Fighting game and you will like it! :troll:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Personally, I would create a little bit of everything. I think it would be great for a diverse catalog. Some of my games (not all of them,) would have a sense of humor.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I actually had an idea for an original Fire Emblem game. If I had the right resources I would make it though obviously non-profit cuz I don't want to be sued.

The kind of games I would make though are RPG's, Platformers, and Fighting games.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I;d want to develop something similar to spore or minecraft with a lot of customization and mod potential

D

Deleted member

I actually had an idea for an original Fire Emblem game. If I had the right resources I would make it though obviously non-profit cuz I don't want to be sued.
This is what I had in terms of an games.

Though for original ideas, surprisingly it'd be an FPS. One that's very stylistic, fun, and focuses on the single player with classic multiplayer.

I really miss it when FPSs weren't about all multiplayer, and even the ones that focus on the single player have borderlands-esque gameplay. Which is alright, I'm okay with that.(Except for the things I'm absolutely not okay with loot boxes everywhere instead of earning your equipment, besides Overwatch, it's fine in that game.) But I absolutely loved the campaigns of the Half Life games and the Halo games all the way up to Reach. They felt so much more memorable and fun, and I always come back to play them.

Other than that, fighting games and/or RPGs. Whatever works, really. And I have a lot of ideas, I'm thinking ahead just incase, you never know.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A new genre of course!

I present to you:
The RPG Fighting Puzzle Platformer.

Okay, imagine Kirby's Amazing Mirror, a big 2D open world with tons of collectibles.
Now, the enemies are a good bit sturdier, but the protagonist has a Smash Bros-esque moveset for ultimate comboes.
The better your combo, the more rewards you get for defeating it.

The world has some seemingly unreachable areas, but luckily the protagonist has portal powers and a grappling gun, making things more puzzly then they seem.

The world also has four super secret dungeons where each enemy is a turn based battle and with a more puzzle-based progression.

There's also a 2D-hub area with shops to level up your hero.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
FPS
Story like a Black Ops 1, deep state USA + some European nations, Israel, Turkey, Saudi Arabia vs nationalist Russia + Poland, Iraq, Iran, Syria, and reluctant China. Oh, and make the mercenaries not bad guys for once. Make the story deeper, though, deeper, where there are no 'goods vs bads' and the player character can choose out of the countless reasons offered, or even to abdicate. Only the horror of war, like Spec Ops: The Line.
Force multipliers are highly decentralized, and the nuclear option is a no-go, thanks to the advent of 'direct cold energy weapons.'
Arcadey ARMA, so combine the range and tactics from ARMA with the 'smoothness' of CoD to cut out logistical roles and player character / squad / game maker management and throw in a bunch of 'game-y' elements. Make sure the ttks are fast and short.
I'm not even sure.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I have an idea for an RPG/TBS hybrid but I have no coding skills. I have some software so I COULD learn but I can never bring myself to do it.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'd make a sumo based fighting game in which you battle weirder and weirder opponents as you progress. Here's some concept art I did.

As in real sumo wrestling - the goal would be to knock the opponent out of the ring. What would make the game unique, however, is the momentum physics that would force players to use high level strategy to work their adversary towards the edge. What do you think, sound like fun?

Last edited:

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
wrong thread...

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd be Rare basically. I'd like to make humorous games with some mild adult themes in it. Platforming and fighting games, or something in between like Beat 'Em Ups would be what I'd like to focus on. Action, action, action. And I'd like to work on Donkey Kong and use my ideas to Make The Franchise Great Again. :4dk::4diddy:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mostly because I'm ****ing tired of hearing this bandwagon BS I'm going to ask you a very important question.

Why didn't you didn't like Colors and Generations?
Well that's easy. It's becau.... uh..

It fits my narrative?

I think the only mainline Sonic titles I don't like are Shadow,06 and half of Lost World.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
Well that's easy. It's becau.... uh..

It fits my narrative?

I think the only mainline Sonic titles I don't like are Shadow,06 and half of Lost World.
That's ok

I'm going to ask you a very important question.

Why didn't you didn't like Colors and Generations?
I don't. It the Boost to win gimmick I dont like.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I'd develop some a good mix including 3D platformers, RPGs, and fighting games. My games would have casts of unique characters. I'd also create crossover fighters working with different video game and non-video game companies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Since this topic appears to still be alive, I had a notepad which contained my ideas for a Fire Emblem game. Mostly because it's a strategy turn based genre, which is my most favorite genre. Starting with a small cast, then have support conversation ideas so they won't come off as one dimensional or one note. Balance is also prioritized so characters don't invalidate each other. DW8 and SW Empires also played an integral role too.

On the other hand, I was thinking of an RPG had for 10 years, though it's mostly just fan fiction.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
For any games I would develop, I would make PC releases more than just Windows. The Mac, Linux and maybe the BSD users will get attention.

For those who don't know what BSD is, BSD is a family of operating systems derived from Unix.

Last edited:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
I'd make a sumo based fighting game in which you battle weirder and weirder opponents as you progress. Here's some concept art I did.

As in real sumo wrestling - the goal would be to knock the opponent out of the ring. What would make the game unique, however, is the momentum physics that would force players to use high level strategy to work their adversary towards the edge. What do you think, sound like fun?
Had to update my picture since Photobucket went crazy and tried to extort hundreds of dollars from me to host my photos.

So I still think that my game concept holds promise and I now believe that a modified version of AKI's famous wrestling game engine (used in N64 classics like WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy) would make the ideal starting point.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
A game I was working on awhile back (canceled due to limited sources) was an RPG/Platformer mix. If I ever get the right tools again to make a game, it'll most certainly be that same game I was working on.

It was called Nevaria, and was inspired by fast paced platformers like Cave Story. You would be able to play one of three protagonists, and the main objective of the game was to stop the antagonist from destroying human and elven kind.

It was actually a well thought out game with interesting characters, but its been in the scrapbook for so long, it needs so many changes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom