• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to remove 20 characters from Ultimate, who would they be?

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
Unnecessary characters: :ultdoc::ultpichu::ultchrom::ultpiranha:
Unpopular characters/characters who were added over a better candidate: :ultcorrin::ultincinceroar::ultjigglypuff::ultdaisy:
Fluff characters who won't be too missed: :ultdarkpit::ultbayonetta::ultfalco:
Unneeded remaining clones: :ultken::ultrichter::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
Popular characters who aren't strictly needed: :ultlucina::ultdarksamus::ultsnake::ultisabelle::ultpokemontrainer: (if Pokemon Trainer counts as 3, then leave in Lucina and Isabelle)

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
As I've said before, I wouldn't remove anybody, but since you're forcing me to:
Echo fighters::ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:
(I don't hate them, but they're easily disposable.)
Other clone/semi-clone characters: :ultdoc::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultroy::ultfalco:
(Same as above)
Miis: :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
Characters I don't like that much: :ultbayonetta::ultcorrin:
And the 3 I'm somewhat reluctant about: :ultpalutena::ultike::ultrosalina:

This post hurt to make.
Post-Direct update: :ultincinceroar:, :ultpiranha:, and :ultken: (as much as I like him) get removed. So :ultpalutena:, :ultike:, and:ultrosalina: are now safe.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
My goal was to save as many fan favorites (and franchises) without trying to kill everyone.

Too similar to other characters: :ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultpichu::ultdoc::ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultrichter::ultfalco::ultisabelle::ultdarkpit:(Ken) = 16
Easily disposable: :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:Piranha Plant = 20

Rate and Hate.
Edit: I did not get rid of Iniceroar and/or Corrin since they were pushed on us solely for marketing because I already had 20 characters. Feel free to use those 2 to save someone I had cut.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
My goal was to save as many fan favorites (and franchises) without trying to kill everyone.

Too similar to other characters: :ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultpichu::ultdoc::ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultrichter::ultfalco::ultisabelle::ultdarkpit:(Ken) = 16
Easily disposable: :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:Piranha Plant = 20

Rate and Hate.
Edit: I did not get rid of Iniceroar and/or Corrin since they were pushed on us solely for marketing because I already had 20 characters. Feel free to use those 2 to save someone I had cut.
You’d cut the recently changed Luigi?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes. But if it is any consolation prize he will be brought back as an original fighter with nothing in common with :ultmario: same with :ultganondorf: (has trident and Ocarina attacks) and :ultfalcon:.
But his fireballs and recovery are musts

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I would prefer him having Green Thunder (from Super Star Saga) replacing the fireballs and riding the Poltergust for the recovery.
wouldn’t be bad replacements, but it’d be weird to take away something so iconic

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
everyone not named kirby, jigglypuff, peach, or daisy

i really don’t play anyone else

(also, yes, this is a joke; it seems as of late a lot of smash fans can’t seem to take one)

Ryan.

Smash Lord
This sounds like fun. Here's mine in no particular order.

:ultsheik: - Starting with a controversial one. I'd rather an HD Skyward Sword Impa be in with this moveset than Sheik, who has only been in one game (one I didn't even finish because I prefer the stories of other Zelda games #unpop).

:ultmiifighters: - I don't care about Miis. Moving on.

:ultdoc: - I'd make him a palette swap for Mario, giving him 16 alts. With his pills, they can have the same properties as the fireball, just different visuals.

:ultpichu:- He's cute and when I was younger I loved him, but lbr we have Pikachu and that's all we need here.

:ultyounglink: - Again not a huge fan of OoT. I do love the character regardless, but two Links are enough for the purpose of this thread.

:ultlucario: - When playing Pokemon games, I loved Lucario. However I don't like him at all in Smash, and he's honestly a more random pick than the others who are starters or just iconic ones everyone knows (Mewtwo and Jiggs).

:ultwario: - I'm not a Waluigi fan by any means but it is rather odd to have this guy, who I never play as because I hate his playing style, and not Waluigi.

:ultrob: - I just don't like playing as him. He's unique though!

:ultike: - Just because in terms of FE swordsmen I prefer the others, and we have a lot.

:ultkingdedede: - My least favorite character to play as. I'd miss the punching bag tho.

:ultfalco::ultwolf: - Okay this hurts and while I do use these characters more than a LOT that I am not cutting, I just prefer a more unique roster and I don't wanna cut the other semi-clones who I use or would use more (Toon Link, Lucas, Luigi, Roy, and Isabelle).

:ultbayonetta: - Very unique character but annoying to fight against. She's the last one on this list I would cut. I would leave her in if :ultpiranha: counts in this. I'd cut that instead.

Then of course the echos. I would give their original character an extra 8 palette swaps like Little Mac and they could use both names like Olimar/Alph. I do wanna stress I would definitely keep them with their names as palette swaps though. I prefer Richter's design to Simon but the latter is more iconic so he should be out front.

:ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ultken:

Last edited:

Mxk

Smash Rookie
:ultchrom::ultlucina::ultdoc::ultdaisy::ulttoonlink::ultpichu::ultdarksamus::ultdarkpit::ultjigglypuff::ultwolf:(:ultlucario:) : Move set too much like the original (clone) which does not bring surplus value (or very little)
There are of course other clones, but I leave them because it is personal preferences

:ultlucas::ultpacman::ultwiifittrainer::ultvillager::ultzss::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultwario::ultdiddy::ultisabelle::ultkingdedede::ultpalutena::ultolimar::ultduckhunt::ultgnw::ultrob: : Fighter who has a design (gameplay) not very interesting, not very fun to play against, or who does not have a fairly important backround in the hearts of the players (That does not mean I do not like them)

And this **** :ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultpiranha::ultpiranha:

Last edited:

liudaepic

Smash Rookie
:ultdarksamus:: Echo Fighter
:ultdaisy:: Echo Fighter
:ultlucina:: Echo Fighter, also too many Fire Emblem Awakening characters (Robin is much more unique)
:ultchrom:: Echo Fighter, too many Awakening characters
:ultdarkpit:: A clone in both Smash and the Kid Icarus games
:ultken:: A third-party Echo Fighter
:ultrichter:: A third-party Echo Fighter
:ultduckhunt:: Duck Hunt is getting old
:ultgnw:: Literally a troll character
:ultrob:: An annoying toy
:ultpacman:: Famous, but irrelevant
:ultwiifittrainer:: It's Smash Switch
:4miibrawl:: It's Smash Switch
:4miisword:: It's Smash Switch
:4miigun:: It's Smash Switch
:ultpiranha:: Irrelevant
:ultyounglink:: Clone
:ultpichu:: Clone
:ultdoc:: Clone
:ultcloud:: Third-party character that doesn't even have an English VA
And there you go.

Also, why I let some other popular picks stay:
:ultjigglypuff:: A long-time veteran
:ultfalco:: Is not a clone anymore
:ulttoonlink:: A bit more unique than Young Link
:ultisabelle:: Not a clone
:ultolimar:: Underrated character
:ultcorrin:: Unique moveset
:ultroy:: Not a clone anymore, puts the "fire" in Fire Emblem, has awesome red hair, and of course is also my main for Ultimate

Last edited:

ps_

Banned via Warnings
:ultbayonetta::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultdarkpit::ultcorrin::ultmiifighters:[insert fire muscle cat here]
I personally don't know anybody who likes these character.
:ultyounglink::ultzss::ultroy::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultfalco::ultdoc::ultlucas:[insert blond Ryu here]
Other characters fill their niche, making them superfluous.
:ultryu::ultcloud:
Would cut only if it makes the game less expensive to develop.

D

Deleted member

I don't like cuts, but I'll play anyway.
:ultincineroar: - I used to like Incineroar before his reveal utterly crushed my dreams of Decidueye getting in. I'm still trying to get over it.
:ultdoc: - Literally just Mario in a Doctor's coat. He doesn't even have a unique moveset, even if he did get promoted to semiclone status in Ultimate.
:ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultdaisy::ultdarksamus::ultken: - I have nothing against echoes, but if I have to cut some characters then I can't avoid this. Special mention goes to Daisy because I genuinely didn't want her in.
:ultroy::ultsimon: - I prefer Chrom and Richter respectively.
:ultjigglypuff: - Never cared for it. I don't enjoy playing as it, I don't care for it as a Pokemon, and it only adds to the Gen 1 over saturation.
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: - I just don't really like anything about them.
:ultpiranha: - Yes, I get that Sakurai is just trying to have fun, and I do think it's an interesting fighter, but its inclusion was REALLY poorly timed and the fact he's a fighter while Isaac and co are just assists does feel like a slap in the face. I don't hate it as much as some other people, but it's definitely expandable.
:ultcorrin: - No, it has nothing to do with there being too many Fire Emblem characters or how poorly timed Corrin's inclusion was. I just hate the character in their home series. Those who have played Fates know exactly what I mean.
:ultyounglink: - "This is getting out of hand! Now there are two three of them!"
I think I'll stop here, I don't have enough problems with any other character to justify cutting them. Like I said, I don't like cuts at all, those are just the characters that feel the most expandable to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Squirtle/Mario guy

Smash Journeyman
:ultjigglypuff: : She's useless, irrelevent and such
:ultpiranha: : Sakurai was having fun but i think i'll remove it to add more Mario characters likea Geno or Captain Toad
:ultdaisy: : I don't want her in, i'm happy for Daisy fans but i feel like she replaced Waluigi for some reason
:ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters:: No one cares about it, aside from TJ fans they have no use but to be low on tier lists or costumes also Miis are separate
:ultcorrin:: Yeah, umm lower FE reps
:ulttoonlink:: He hogged the spotlight let Young Link on the spotlight and spend time off mate
:ultdoc:: Same goes for Dr Mario, else we could've added Baker Mario from Yoshi's Cookie
:ultwiifittrainer:: Obviously, do i need to say it again

apaulieg

Smash Rookie
I’m getting rid of 27 (29 if you count Pokémon Trainer separately).

Characters I don't feel badly about getting rid of:
:ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultyounglink::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultfalco::ultroy::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultgnw::ultolimar::ultrob::ultduckhunt::ultwiifittrainer::ultdoc:
Characters I do DO feel badly about getting rid of:
:ulttoonlink::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ulticeclimbers::ultsnake::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::ultlittlemac::ultbayonetta:

Now, no series (or third party company) has more than four unique reps or fewer than two unique reps! However, a series can get additional reps via echo fighters or “Second Stances”, described below.

Some scrapped characters get recycled into “Second Stance” Fighters. For an example of a “Second Stance”, Mario’s regular form uses his moveset from SSBU but with Ground Pound as his Down-B, which can bury enemies. Mario’s “Second Stance” would be a moveset entirely based upon him and F.L.U.D.D. as a nod to Mario Sunshine and the GameCube era.

The update about the 19 + Echoes and Second Stances I'd add:
https://smashboards.com/threads/if-...ld-they-be-part-2.458547/page-3#post-22662675

Last edited:

HeavenWolfHD

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavenWolfHD
3DS FC
5155-4164-9910
1. :ultwiifittrainer: Just why is she even in the game
2. :ultken: Just a echo that I don't like
3. :ultbayonetta: I hate her and I think just the moveset she got make her super powerful. You need to nerf her really hard to not made her extra good and that will kill her soooo...
4. :ultyounglink: Just a clone of Link and we already Toon Link
5. :ultisabelle: Just a clone of Villager and I think she don't fit in the game as a character
6. :ultchrom: Just another FE echo of Roy who is a clone
7. :ultpiranha: Just a plant in pot
8. :ultdarkpit: Just a worse echo of Pit that doesn't do much in his game
9. :ultpichu: Just Pikachu that hurt himself (I like Pichu but he is not necessary)
10. :ultdaisy: Just orange Peach
11. :ultmiifighters: Just things
12. :ultduckhunt: I think they would be better as AT (I like them but they I don't think they fit in the game as character)
13. :ultlittlemac: Punch-Out is dead (for now) and I don't like his playstyle
- - - - [Because I need 20 characters] - - - -
14. :ultdoc: I like him a lot (my secondarie) but he just a Mario clone. If he keep getting new attacks he could be more than that
15. :ultbowserjr: Bad moveset
16. :ultpalutena: Bad moveset. Doesn't get the feel of Kid Icarus or of a godess
17. :ultlucina: Just a echo with a "worse" sword
18. :ulttoonlink: I prefer Link
19. :ultdarksamus: Just a better echo
20. :ultrichter: Just a echo less know that Simon

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
First I want to make a bold decision and remove a majority of the third parties leaving only ones that had a strong impact on the gaming landscape as a whole:
:ultsnake::ultken::ultsimon::ultrichter:
I suppose it should also be stated that I don't consider Bayonetta as a third party since her games are being published by nintendo for the foreseeable future. Saying she is third party is like saying all the gen 2-7 pokemon are third parties and that's just silly.

Next I'd like to knock some franchises down a peg:
:ultdoc::ultdaisy::ultjigglypuff::ultcorrin:

A couple fighters will be replaced by newcomers:
:ultvillager::ultroy: >>> replaced by >>> :ultisabelle::ultchrom:

Some pretty safe cuts I think:
:ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultpiranha:

Some I kinda wish could stay but we gotta hit 20:

:ultmiifighters::ultbowserjr::ultdarksamus::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultlittlemac::ultlucas:

Honestly though I am incredibly happy with the roster we have and I wouldn't honestly trade any of these characters for a different one... except maybe corrin and villager. They were easy picks for me.

D

Deleted member

Simple.

Everybody but Piranha Plant.

You play as Piranha Plant and only Piranha Plant.

That's the true way to play as Smash Bros..

Okay, well... considering that we WILL likely have to deal with cuts in the next installment if somebody else takes over the reigns from Sakurai (or if Sakurai somehow morphs into another creature from a combination of sleep deprivation and excessive caffeine consumption), here's a reasonable list of cuts:

Echoes/Clones (easy to make, but most of them aren't creative given the source materials they could have used, which is a shame): :ultdaisy::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink::ultlucina::ultdoc::ultdarkpit:
"Deadwood" (characters that have had a unique role in their original game but have lost their purpose and were grandfathered into later games): :ultjigglypuff::ultcorrin::ultroy::ultpichu::ultrob::ulticeclimbers::ultwiifittrainer:
Third Party Nightmares (Eventually you gotta come to terms with this): :ultcloud::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake:
Personal Bias: :ultpalutena:
Too Gimmicky/Can't Even Use Legally in Tournaments: :ultmiifighters: (technically one character)
Unnecessary: :ultbayonetta:

Now comes the fun part; replacing them!

Obviously, I would consider Isaac, but this is assuming that Isaac's inclusion as an AT in Ultimate follows what happened with his inclusion in Brawl and allows Camelot to create a fourth Golden Sun game that manages to sell well to give Nintendo a turn-based RPG for the Switch in-house, which would give him the relevancy he'd need for playable status. Characters like Rex & Spring-Man are no-brainers. Black Knight would likely be influenced by Ike, meaning I just tossed out three Fire Emblem fighters for one, but the thing is; Black Knight is a villain, and even with Ultimate getting four villains (:ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultkrool::ultpiranha:), we can always do more, and my desire to replace Palutena with Medusa sounds very mean, but hey, I clearly said Personal Bias as my reason. Characters like Shadow, Zero, and Takamaru could have a chance to get an upgrade because Assist Trophies can now be looked at as an opportunity to be promoted instead of being in purgatory. Octolings would be the Inklings' clones. Dixie Kong would finally get an opportunity. And, instead of dealing with third-party companies that are too difficult to work with, we could look at companies that have assets that can be used.

Would it be as epic as Ultimate? Probably not, but again, this is a hypothetical thread.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Changing my cuts.
1) :4miibrawl: I don't like Miis.
2) :4miigun:See Mii Brawler.
3) :4miisword: See Mii Gunner.
Now I am just stretching to look for cuts.
4) :ultlucina:I love Awakening, but Fire Emblem has a rotating cast, so unless Awakening gets a sequel, I think Robin and their unique moveset is enough.
5):ultchrom: See Lucina.
6):ultdarkpit:I like how Dark Pit as a character, but I don't care as him for a fighter.
7):ultken:If I wanted a second Street Fighter, I we would have Chun-Li.
8):ultsimon: I like Richter's design more.
9) :ultmario: Clearly just Dr. Mario after he lost his degree. 9) :ultdoc:
10) :ultvillager: I prefer Isabelle.
11) :ultyounglink: I prefer Toon Link.
12) :ultpikachu: Pichu is so much more cute... 12) :ultpichu:
13) :ultryu: If I wanted a Street Fighter, we would have Chun-Li.
Now I am just going for jokes for the rest.
14) :ultshulk:I'm not really feeling it.
15) :ultkrool: Go back to playing baseball with Paragoomba and Baby Daisy you stinkin alligator.
16) :ultyoshi: PAY YOUR TAXES!
17) :ultfalco:This is Falco. He is my 17th cut.
18):ultken: Can I cut a character twice? No? Fine I'll cut somebody with a rhyming name with :ultcorrin:
19) :ultcloud:CRAWLING IN MY SKIN! THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL!
20) :ultrob: Last of his kind, and the last of my cuts.
And my save above all else.
:ultwiifittrainer:- She does her best and she is glorious. She should never leave Smash Bros and if this franchise is rebooted and Sakurai or Nintendo or whoever takes her out, I will consider it an act of war and do everything in my power to declare WWII back in effect.

MaestroDavros

Smash Apprentice
If I had to, in no particular order

1. :ultgreninja:
2. :ultcorrin:
3. :ultlucario:
4. :ultdarkpit:
5. :ultlittlemac:
6. :ultyounglink:
7. :ultpichu:
8. :ultpiranha:
9. :ultlucas:
10. :ultroy:
11. :ultchrom:
12. :ultduckhunt:
13. :ultdarkpit:
14. :ultdarksamus:
15. :ultzss:
16. :ultbowserjr:
17. :ultdoc:
18. :ultcloud:
19. :ultken:
20. :ultbayonetta:

Some of those were really difficult to choose. And honestly, I'd make the echoes alternate costumes where possible if that was an option, but if not the results would be as seen above.

Last edited:

SupaFugDup

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5207-2372-0820
First to go is obviously the Echoes
1. :ultlucina: (Echo)
2. :ultchrom: (Echo)
3. :ultdarksamus: (Echo)
4. :ultdarkpit: (Echo)
5. :ultken: (Echo)
6. :ultrichter: (Echo)
7. :ultdaisy: (Echo)
8. :ultdoc:
Mario with a PhD is boring and dumb.
9. :ultvillager:
Isabelle is way more beloved, iconic, and is also a fresh face.
10. :ultyounglink:
Link #2
11. :ulttoonlink:
Link #3
12. :ultzss:
I greatly dislike a single character having multiple fighters. Samus included.
13. :ultmiifighters: (:4miisword:)
14. :ultmiifighters: (:4miibrawl:)
I really like Mii Fighters, but they're easy cuts. I'm keeping Gunner because she's the most interesting of the trio.
15. :ultmarth:
Just clearing out the FE herd a little more. Roy's my boy though, and Corrin, Robin, and Ike all are more interesting, sooooo....
16. :ultpichu:
Pikachu should definitely get Pichu's self harm gimmick though. I really like that.
17. :ultfalco:
Spacie #2
18. :ultwolf:
Spacie #3
19. :ultness:
Earthbound is....obscure. We have Lucas. I like like Lucas more.
20. :ultlucario:
Lucario has always gotten a solid meh from me. Helps that his aura gimmick totally sucks.

I kept all the weird characters. Fighters like :ultpiranha:, :ultsnake:, :ultrob:, and :ultduckhunt: are what make this game really cool and varied. I'd only ever want to get rid of identical movesets, and very similar characters.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
This was actually fun but tougher to make than I thought. When I say a character should be an alt, it doesn't mean I dislike their inclusion in this game but that if we they had to make cuts, I'd rather have these characters be alts to who they echo (like Alph)
From 64:
:ultjigglypuff: Too many Pokemon; Personal Bias

From Melee:
:ultdoc: Too similar to Mario; Might be ok as an alt
:ultpichu:Too many Pokemon; similar to Pikachu (though I personally like Pichu)
:ultroy:I like Roy but too many FE characters
:ultyounglink:I like YL but Toon Link is more distinguished and Young Link is only in because everyone is here.
From Brawl:
:ultike:Too many FE characters
:ultsonic:Personal Bias
:ultlucario:Too many Pokemon
:ultolimar:Personal Bias
:ultrob:Personal Bias;

From Wii U:
:ultbayonetta:I like Bayonetta but she's caused a lot of problems and is tricky to get working without either losing what makes her her or game balance. We'll see how she fares in Ultimate.
:ultduckhunt:Personal Bias
:ultlucina:Echo; Might make a good Marth alt
:4miibrawl:/:4miigun:/:4miisword:Worthless
:ultdarkpit:Echo; Good Pit alt
:ultwiifittrainer:Personal Bias

From Ultimate:
:ultdaisy:Echo; Good Peach Alt
:ultsimon:Personal bias toward Richter but I do like Simon. They can share a character slot
:ultdarksamus:Echo; Samus Alt
:ultpiranha:Very cute Sakurai but I'd remove him for another Mario character (though I do like this character a lot)

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Clones:
:ultyounglink::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultken:

Awkward 3rd parties:
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultsnake:

If these characters weren’t veterans, people wouldn't even be asking for them:
:ultjigglypuff::ultsheik::ultfalco::ultroy::ultwiifittrainer::ultlucas::ultcorrin::ultrosalina::ultlucario:

Dark Pit:
:ultdarkpit:

Last edited:

XigmunGothar

Smash Cadet
Clones:
:ultdoc::ultfalco::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultmiifighters:(brawler):ultmiifighters:(swordfighter):ultmiifighters:(gunner):ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultdarkpit::ultroy::ultchrom::ultken::ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultyounglink:

Representation Not Especially Necessary:
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultpiranha::ultryu::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultwiifittrainer:

Movesets are Too Weird, in my opinion:
:ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultpacman:

Don't get me wrong, though; they are all great, and I'm glad we have them.

A roster of only :ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultcorrin::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultike::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmarth::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultpikachu::ultpit::ultpokemontrainer:(all 3) :ultridley::ultrob::ultrobin::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsimon::ultvillager::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultzelda::ultzss: would be just fine by me.

Last edited:

Penroze

The Surreal Deal
Switch FC
SW-7239-4479-0495
Well, if I'm just basing this off of my own completely raw emotions...
I'm getting rid of almost every swordfighter.
1. :ultmarth:
2. :ultlucina:
3. :ultroy:
4. :ultchrom:
5. :ultrobin:
6. :ultcorrin:
7. :ulttoonlink:
8. :ultyounglink:
I'm going to keep Meta Knight in, since he's a great borb.
Still not enough roster cut out...
Guess I'll have to cut the echoes.
9. :ultdarksamus:
10. :ultdaisy:
11. :ultdarkpit:
12. :ultken:
13. :ultrichter:
Hmm, that's still not enough.
Miis have gotta go then.
14. :ultmiifighters:
15. :ultmiifighters:
16. :ultmiifighters:
Still not done?!
Wow, I'll just have to cut these...other three characters that i don't care about...
17. :ultlucas:
18. :ultfalco:
19. :ultwolf:
And then one more.
Uh
Uh
Uh
Um
Hm
Uhh
Uhhhhhhh
20. Random!

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a lot of fun. I feel like Smash 6 will definitely be a reboot so I'm gonna be as merciless as I can and remove more than 20 if that's allowed. Alright, I'm gonna put a lot of thought into this.

Original 12 has to stay. Current cuts: 0

Looking at the Melee newcomers, I'm saying goodbye to :ultdoc: :ultpichu: :ultyounglink: :ultroy: :ultsheik: The four clones should be understandable, but I'm also cutting Sheik because, while immensely popular, for this reboot, the LoZ series will only be represented by Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Each unique and, in TL and Ganondorf's case, with a completely overhauled moveset that appropriately reflects their character. Current cuts: 5

From Brawl, I'm getting rid of :ultpokemontrainer: and his Pokemon as well as :ultlucas: :ultlucario: :ultsnake: Current cuts: 11

From Sm4sh, :ultwiifittrainer: :ultrosalina: :ultgreninja: :ultdarkpit: :ultlucina: :ultbayonetta: :ultcorrin: :ultcloud: and all three :ultmiifighters: will go Current cuts: 22

From Ultimate, I'll be cutting :ultdaisy: :ultken: :ultchrom: :ultdarksamus: :ultsimon: :ultrichter: :ultincineroar: :ultpiranha: Overall cuts: 30

So in a hypothetical Smash 6, I would have only 47 individual characters returning from Ultimate. Looking back, I'm kind of glad that I will never be asked to actually design a Smash roster haha.

apaulieg

Smash Rookie
This sounds like a lot of fun. I feel like Smash 6 will definitely be a reboot so I'm gonna be as merciless as I can and remove more than 20 if that's allowed. Alright, I'm gonna put a lot of thought into this.

Original 12 has to stay. Current cuts: 0

Looking at the Melee newcomers, I'm saying goodbye to :ultdoc::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultroy::ultsheik: The four clones should be understandable, but I'm also cutting Sheik because, while immensely popular, for this reboot, the LoZ series will only be represented by Link, Toon Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Each unique and, in TL and Ganondorf's case, with a completely overhauled moveset that appropriately reflects their character. Current cuts: 5

From Brawl, I'm getting rid of :ultpokemontrainer: and his Pokemon as well as :ultlucas::ultlucario::ultsnake: Current cuts: 11

From Sm4sh, :ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultgreninja::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultbayonetta::ultcorrin::ultcloud: and all three :ultmiifighters: will go Current cuts: 22

From Ultimate, I'll be cutting :ultdaisy::ultken::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultincineroar::ultpiranha: Overall cuts: 30

So in a hypothetical Smash 6, I would have only 47 individual characters returning from Ultimate. Looking back, I'm kind of glad that I will never be asked to actually design a Smash roster haha.
While I like these cuts for the most part... I’m particularly worried about Pokémon. The representation went from Gen I, II, IV, VI, and VIII to just Gen I.

But I do love that you cut so many. It’s great to see that people can make such different cuts for different reasons. I’m curious to see who you’d add, though.

Last edited:

CanadianSmasher1992

Smash Cadet
While I like these cuts for the most part... I’m particularly worried about Pokémon. The representation went from Gen I, II, IV, VI, and VIII to just Gen I.

But I do love that you cut so many. It’s great to see that people can make such different cuts for different reasons. I’m curious to see who you’d add, though.
That's fair. I'd definitely be open to keeping Lucario on the roster, maybe I should actually. But in terms of newcomers for this hypothetical Smash 6, I'm thinking just the most popular Gen 8/most recent Gen Pokemon or a Pokemon Trainer with starters from Gen 8/the most recent Generation. Struggled the most with cutting the current Pokemon Trainer ngl. But I do feel like Gen I was already over represented.

I like the 5 Mario reps that I would have: Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, and Bowser Jr. But I definitely would add Captain Toad as another newcomer, way overdue imo. And now that I think about it, maybe Rosalina should stay.

Besides that, I'd personally put in Impa, Rex and Pyra, Banjo-Kazooie, a Rhythm Heaven rep (personal preference for Chorus Kids) and then an FE rep from the most recent game (preferably somebody that would stand out among Marth, Ike, and Robin as FE representatives). And thinking about it now, I'm gonna bring back Lucas. No way should I have cut him in the first place. Same with Ken. I actually think in Smash 6, I'd like to see Ken with an even more unique moveset. Any other newcomers, I'd leave up to Sakurai

Overall cuts: 26

So 51 individual characters return after bringing back Rosalina, Lucario, Ken, and Lucas.

Last edited:

SageOfMac

Smash Rookie
Characters that I feel gamers can go without being playable and Smash Bros. wouldn't miss a beat:

:ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff:
:ultlucario::ultlucas::ultlucina::ultgnw::ultpichu:
:ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultrob::ultroy::ultrichter:
:ulttoonlink::ultwiifittrainer::ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultyounglink:

Nintendo has too large of a library to add no nonsense clones, lol.

Lime3037

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 1521 3002 4745
Characters I wouldn't miss: :ultgreninja::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::ultlucario::ultisabelle::ultdarkpit::ultpichu::ulttoonlink::ultbayonetta::ultcloud:

Characters removed to pad it out to 20: :ultlucina::ultken::ultsonic::ultrosalina::ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlucas::ultinkling:

I have bad taste, yes. :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Top Bottom