• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to choose one more character from the existing third party series in Smash, who would you choose?

D

Deleted member

If we're going by unique characters than "Echo Fighters" then I shall go with
:ultsnake:: Raiden
:ultsimon:: Alucard
:ultsonic:: Dr. Eggman
:ultbayonetta:: Balder
:ultjoker:: Either Yu Narukami or better yet a Persona 6 protagonist that way I could say "we have Jolyne Cujoh in Smash" if the P6 protagonist is female.
:ultmegaman:: Zero
:ultryu:: Chun-Li
:ultpacman:: Blinky
:ultkazuya:: Heihachi
:ultcloud:: Tifa (adding a third Final Fantasy character wouldn't hurt would it?), Terra
:ulthero:: Slime
:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda
:ultsteve:: Creeper
:ult_terry:: Geese Howard
:ultsora:: Riku

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultsonic: Knuckles
:ultmegaman: Protoman
:ultsimon: Alucard
:ultbanjokazooie: Mumbo Jumbo
:ulthero: Slime
:ultryu: M. Bison
:ultpacman: Ghosts
:ultcloud: Choco/Mog
:ultsnake: Big Boss
:ultbayonetta: No idea
:ultjoker:...MARA!!

All of them would be unique or a semi-clone like Luigi is to Mario and Falco is to Fox

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
:ultsonic::Knuckles

:ultsnake::Raiden

:ultsimon::Alucard

:ultryu::This ones a bit of a tought one since there are a lot of Street fighter characters I like, though a lot of them are the Ryu clones so to avoid another Starfox situation let's go with chun li.

:ultmegaman::Bass

:ultjoker::Yu Narukami, so we have more than just P5 characters

:ultpacman::Ms Pacman, or if he counts as Namco arcade instead of Pacman then valkirie.

:ultcloud::Tifa, would make sense and it would be different to have an RPG character who doesn't use a sword lol

I don't know much about the other third party franchise's to make any more choices.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
:ultsnake:: Raiden (the Metal Gear Rising version) - it seems like he'd bring more to the table than Big Boss, and if it means that we get Metal Gear Rising music, then I'm all for it.

:ultsonic:: Tails - tough call between Eggman, Tails, & Knuckles

:ultmegaman:: assuming that it's Mega Man as a whole and not just classic, Zero. If we're limiting it to classic Mega Man, Proto Man.

:ultpacman:: Taizo Hori/Dig Dug - Pac-Man is basically a collection of various retro Namco franchises in Smash

:ultryu::ultken:: Akuma

:ultcloud:: assuming that it's Final Fantasy as a whole and not just FF7, then Kefka

:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne

:ultsimon::ultrichter:: Alucard or, assuming that we can't bring in characters who are already assist trophies, Soma Cruz

Persona: not overly familiar with the Persona games (I'm only playing through Persona 5 now, and it's my first time playing a game in this series), but maybe Yu Narukami? (or whatever the name of the Persona 4 protagonist is)
Quick update to this, since we've gotten more third party characters and I've actually played Persona 5.

:ultjoker:: if we're limiting it to Persona 5, I think Makoto would be a good fit. If not, then I'll stick with the Persona 4 protagonist.

:ulthero:: I'm only playing through 8 now, so I'm not all that familiar with the series, but I think that DragonLord from Dragon Quest 1 would be an interesting addition.

:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda. Ideally, she'd have a secret taunt (like Pit, Snake, and the Star Fox characters) where she says a rhyming couplet taunting whoever she's fighting, like this but with the classic grunts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultbanjokazooie:: Conker?
:ultbayonetta:: Loki?
:ultcloud:: Sephiroth
:ulthero:: DQ Heroine/Yangus
:ultjoker:: Kasumi
:ultmegaman:: Protoman/Sigma
:ultpacman:: Dr.Betrayus from Ghostly Adventures?
:ultryu:: M.Bison/Chun Li
:ultsimon:: Soma Cruz
:ultsnake:: Naked Snake from MGS3
:ultsonic:: Eggman/Vector the Crocodile

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I feel like this thread should be bumped given that :ultsephiroth: exists.

Anyways, I would go with:

:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne (though I know very little about Bayonetta)
:ultcloud:: Part of me wants to go for another main protag or something classic like a Black Mage or Moogle, but I kinda like the idea of committing to FFVII so...either Barret or Tifa. Probably Tifa.
:ulthero:: This one’s tough too. Another main protag would be silly, so I would either pick a party member like Jessica or Sylvando, or something generic like a Slime. Probably Slime. I’m kinda curious as to how that would work.
:ultjoker:: Either Yu to represent P4, or Aigis to represent P3. Honestly, I would prefer Aigis. She could make for a really really cool character.
:ultmegaman:: Zero. Proto Man is a close second.
:ultpacman:: I’m gonna cheat and say Dig Dug.
:ultryu:: Chun-Li. Though I am a huge Akuma weeb.
:ultsimon:: Alucard. Easy.
:ultsnake:: Probably Raiden. I also think Ocelot could be cool.
:ultsonic:: Having Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles would be so satisfying. Even though I prefer Knuckles, they should probably add Tails first. Then Eggman if we were to get a fourth.
:ultsteve:: Ummm...a skeleton? Or a creeper? Pigman?
:ult_terry:: Kyo or Geese would probably make the most sense, but I’m gonna say Iori simply because he would be awesome and Sakurai loves him.

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
:ultsnake:: Raiden (The Metal Gear Rising version) (Unique)
:ultsonic:: Tails (Semi Clone of :ultsonic:and:ultwolf:) or Eggman ( Semi Clone of :ultkrool:and:ultbowserjr:)
:ultmegaman:: Zero (Unique)
:ultpacman:: N/A
:ultryu:: Chun Li (Unique)
:ultcloud:: Tifa (Unique) (since:ultsephiroth: is in the game)
:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne (Echo of Bayo)
:ultsimon:: Alucard (Unique)
:ultjoker:: Yu or Aigs (2 uniques based on P4U/BBTag)
:ulthero2:: N/A (Unless you count the slimes)
:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda (Unique)
:ult_terry:: Kyo, Iori or Nakoruru (All Unique)

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
:ultsonic: - Tails
:ultmegaman: - Wood Man
:ultpacman: - The ghosts
:ultcloud: - Black Mage
:ulthero: - Slime
:ultbanjokazooie: - Gruntilda Winkybunion
Quick update to this, since we've gotten more third party characters and I've actually played Persona 5.

:ultjoker:: if we're limiting it to Persona 5, I think Makoto would be a good fit. If not, then I'll stick with the Persona 4 protagonist.

:ulthero:: I'm only playing through 8 now, so I'm not all that familiar with the series, but I think that DragonLord from Dragon Quest 1 would be an interesting addition.

:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda. Ideally, she'd have a secret taunt (like Pit, Snake, and the Star Fox characters) where she says a rhyming couplet taunting whoever she's fighting, like this but with the classic grunts.
I feel like this thread should be bumped given that :ultsephiroth: exists.

Anyways, I would go with:

:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne (though I know very little about Bayonetta)
:ultcloud:: Part of me wants to go for another main protag or something classic like a Black Mage or Moogle, but I kinda like the idea of committing to FFVII so...either Barret or Tifa. Probably Tifa.
:ulthero:: This one’s tough too. Another main protag would be silly, so I would either pick a party member like Jessica or Sylvando, or something generic like a Slime. Probably Slime. I’m kinda curious as to how that would work.
:ultjoker:: Either Yu to represent P4, or Aigis to represent P3. Honestly, I would prefer Aigis. She could make for a really really cool character.
:ultmegaman:: Zero. Proto Man is a close second.
:ultpacman:: I’m gonna cheat and say Dig Dug.
:ultryu:: Chun-Li. Though I am a huge Akuma weeb.
:ultsimon:: Alucard. Easy.
:ultsnake:: Probably Raiden. I also think Ocelot could be cool.
:ultsonic:: Having Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles would be so satisfying. Even though I prefer Knuckles, they should probably add Tails first. Then Eggman if we were to get a fourth.
:ultsteve:: Ummm...a skeleton? Or a creeper? Pigman?
:ult_terry:: Kyo or Geese would probably make the most sense, but I’m gonna say Iori simply because he would be awesome and Sakurai loves him.
:ultsnake:: Raiden (The Metal Gear Rising version) (Unique)
:ultsonic:: Tails (Semi Clone of :ultsonic:and:ultwolf:) or Eggman ( Semi Clone of :ultkrool:and:ultbowserjr:)
:ultmegaman:: Zero (Unique)
:ultpacman:: N/A
:ultryu:: Chun Li (Unique)
:ultcloud:: Tifa (Unique) (Sense :ultsephiroth: is in the game)
:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne (Echo of Bayo)
:ultsimon:: Alucard (Unique)
:ultjoker:: Yu or Aigs (2 uniques based on P4U/BBTag)
:ulthero2:: N/A
:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda (Unique)
:ult_terry:: Kyo, Iori or Nakoruru (All Unique)
: So many people are calling my name! In case you don't know I have a thread in Maine!

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
TBH, I think Kyo would be more of a "KOF" rep.
True. If we’re talking strictly Fatal Fury characters, then I’d probably pick Geese. In my head, Terry is a KoF character since he’s so synonymous with those games. Not to mention the fact that Terry's stage, music, and spirits all include KoF content.

Last edited:
Top Bottom