• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you had to ADD 20 characters to Ultimate this time, who would they be? (Part 2)

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
Bandana Dee
Banjo and Kazooie
Birdo
Blaziken
Bomberman
Crash Bandicoot
Decidueye
Geno
Impa
Issac
Krystal
Rayman
Skull Kid
Spring Man
Waluigi

Echo Fighters:
:ultdiddy: - Dixie Kong
:ultmetaknight: - Galacta Knight
:ultryu: - Ken
:ultinkling: - Octolings
:ultsonic: - Shadow

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Here's who I would add if designing the roster were up to me. Now you can see why I have no business being involved in such a thing... :p

1. Isaac (Golden Sun) - Forever my most wanted character until he finally gets in. Love Golden Sun.
2. Mach Rider (Mach Rider) - I'm still not sure why I want him so much as I've never played his game, but I just feel like he'd be a super unique addition.
3. Andy (Advance Wars) - I'd love to see some more Advance Wars representation in Smash. It's a neat little franchise with lots of charm.
4. Ken (Street Fighter) - I prefer him to Ryu, and I'd like some more Street Fighter representation.
5. Porky (Earthbound) - If we were to get another Mother rep, it should definitely be him since he's in 2 of the games. Also it'd be nice to have a Mother rep who didn't rely on PSI. He's also one of my favorite game villains too.
6. Frogger (Frogger) - One of my favorite game series growing up. I'd love to see Frogger get a resurgence, and Smash could give him that chance.
7. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo) - Honestly kinda surprised he hasn't shown up yet. I'd settle for him being an Assist Trophy at the very least.
8. Ninten (Mother) - As much as I love the Mother series, I've never really been dying to see Ninten playable... But, I wouldn't complain if he was...
9. Mike Jones (StarTropics) - I love retro reps, and even though I haven't played his game, I'd love to see Mike Jones on the roster.
10. Captain N (Captain N: The Game Master) - Would probably be the funniest, most "WTF?" addition in Smash history. If only it could happen...
11. Raiden (Metal Gear Solid 2) - My favorite Metal Gear character besides Snake. I'd take him as a MGS2-styled Snake echo or as the cyborg ninja version from MGS4/Revengeance. Just gimme.
12. Proto Man (Mega Man 3) - I always liked Proto Man more than Mega Man for some reason. He could be a pretty easy echo for Mega Man too.
13. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight) - I'm happy my favorite shovel boi got in at all, but I'd still love to see him playable some day.
14. Soma Cruz (Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow) - The coolest non-Belmont from one of my favorite Castlevanias. If they were to add another Castlevania rep, it should be Soma. His moveset would be awesome, since he can use Souls to command monsters.
15. Shanoa (Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia) - I think Castlevania is a deserving-enough franchise, and I think Shanoa's got a pretty unique fighting style compared to other protagonists in the series. She could also use her Glyph magic to augment herself with additional weapon powers. Plus she could break up the Castlevania sausage fest.
16. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog) - I love me some classic Sonic games, and Tails would be a much better fit for Smash than Shadow IMO.
17. Skull Kid (TLoZ: Ocarina of Time) - TLoZ deserves a new rep regardless, but I'd like it to be him.
18. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden) - One of the last big series that I can think of that got its start on the NES. While not my most wanted by a long shot, I think he deserves a spot. Plus he could bring a lot to the table in terms of moveset.
19. Elma (Xenoblade Cronicles X) - If we were to get a new Xenoblade rep, it should be her.
20. Reckless Safety Notice Man - All right, I did say Captain N would be the funniest addition, but this guy would be pretty hilarious too.

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
20chars.png

Ken Masters - As an echo of Ryu, he just makes too much sense.
Shadow- Much like Ken, he makes too much sense as an echo of Sonic. Plus, when he's not overly edgy (a la Shadow the Hedgehog) he's super popular among fans.
Banjo + Kazooie- The amount of fans this would make happy would rival Ridley, Sonic, and the like. Plus, the series has huge importance to Nintendo.
Crash Bandicoot- A huge player in the video game industry, once being Sony's answer to Mario and Sonic. Having all three in the same game, among other gaming legends, would be huge.
Isaac- A hugely requested character with good moveset potential, as well as potential to revive the Golden Sun series.
Elma- A very popular Xenoblade character, and she has great moveset potential too.
Bandana Dee- Another hugely requested character, and completes the four main Kirby characters. Has uniqueness in his spear as well.
Labo Robot- A perfect WTF character, he would just be awesome.
Chibi-Robo- One of the few Nintendo series that hasn't been represented in Smash yet.
Dixie Kong- One of the most requested characters, could work as an echo of Diddy if necessary.
Geno- The biggest character not yet confirmed. He would be amazing.
Rex- Another popular Xenoblade character, and represents the newest one. He could have a unique playstyle revolving around Pyra and Mythra.
Karate Joe- Like Chibi-Robo, Rhythm Heaven is one of the few big Nintendo franchises without a character. Lots of characters would work, but Karate Joe would be my choice.
Captain Syrup- Because I put the rule on myself that I couldn't put deconfirmed characters in, I couldn't put Ashley or Waluigi as a second Wario character. So I went with my third choice.
Octoling- Perfect echo for Inkling, and could represent Splatoon 2.
Ribbon Girl- An ARMS character would be cool, and not only is Ribbon Girl my main, but could be the perfect opposite of Little Mac. Good air game (she is the Airess in game) and long reaching but slow attacks.
Skull Kid- He seems kinda obvious that he's in, plus he'd be cool.
Incineroar- He's basically who I think would be in if there's a new Pokemon. Plus, he's cool.
Impa- My personal choice for a Zelda rep, she could be an echo for Sheik.
Heihachi- Tekken is probably the second biggest fighting game franchise after Street Fighter, so it would be awesome to have Heihachi.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Okay ... 20 characters ...

1) Captain N: the Game Master
2) Ganon
3) Toad
4) Mike Jones
5) Impa
6) Mach Rider
7) Ayumi Tachibana
8) Urban Champion
9) Raimi from Geist
10) Pious Agustus
11) Savy Stylist
12) Elite Beat Agents
13) Shantae
14) Eggplant Wizard
15) Amazon from Pro Wrestling
16) Billy and Jimmy Lee the Double Dragons
17) Bomberman
18) Bill "Mad Dog" Rizer aka Contra guy
19) Wart
20) Erdrick aka Loto aka The Dragon Warrior

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
:ultbayonetta::ultjigglypuff::ultmarth::ultrichter::ultcloud::ultchrom::ulttoonlink::ultdoc::ultlucario::ultdarksamus::ultwiifittrainer::ultrob::ultroy::ultolimar::ultdarkpit::ultgreninja:

Just adding these because I have to hit 20: :ultfalco::ultduckhunt::ulticeclimbers::ultpichu: (Didn't want to but cuts had to be made)
1. Banjo & Kazooie (banjo-kazooie)
2. Rex & Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles)
3. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
4. Ganon (Zelda)
5. Incineroar (Pokemon)
6. Shantae (Shantae)
7. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
8. Isaac (Golden Sun)
9. Waluigi (Mario)
10. Bomberman (Bomberman)
11. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
12. Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong)
13. Krystal (Starfox)
14. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
15. Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
16. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
17. Lynds w/ access to archery (Fire Emblem)
18. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicon Detective Club)
19. Tetra (Zelda)
20. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
1. Dixie Kong (Dkc)
2. Shantae (Shantae)
3. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
4. Lip (Panel de Pon)
5. Waluigi (Mario)
6. Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
7. Tails (Sonic)
8. Vaati (Zelda)
9. Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
10. Ken Masters (Street Fighter)
11. Leon (Star Fox)
12. Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
13. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
14. Banjo Kazooie (Banjo Kazooie)
15. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles)
16. Paula Polestar (Earthbound)
17. Captain Syrup (Wario Land)
18. Roll (Mega Man)
19. Axel Stone (Streets of Rage)
20. Doom Guy (Doom)

Last edited:

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
3. Dixie Kong (DKC)
4. Skull Kid (Zelda)
5. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
6. Bandanna Dee (Kirby)
7. Marx (Kirby)
8. DK Jr
9. Isaac (Golden Sun)
10. Andy/Sami (Advance Wars)
11. Bomberman
12. Arthur (Ghosts & Goblins)
13. Firebrand (Gargoyle's Quest)
14. Ryu Hiyabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
15. Doomguy (DOOM)
16. Erdrick (Dragon Quest)
17. Shantae
18. Shovel Knight
19. Crash Bandicoot
20. Spyro

Last edited:

Heatswave

Smash Apprentice
As I eliminated all the Echos in the previous voting, only unique fighters for me:

01. Dixie Kong
02. Bandana Dee
03. Impa
04. Ashley
05. Banjo & Kazooie
06. Isaac (Golden Sun)
07. (Binding of) Isaac
08. Spyro
09. Crash
10. Rayman
11. Steve (Minecraft)
12. Rex (& Pyra)
13. Tails
14. Black Shadow
15. Rowlet (Alolan Pokemon Trainer)
16. Brionne (Alolan Pokemon Trainer)
17. Incineroar (Alolan Pokemon Trainer)
18. Chibi Robo
19. Lloyd Irving
20. Tetris

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
  1. Waluigi (Mario)
  2. Captain Toad (Mario)
  3. Geno (Mario)
  4. Skull KId (Zelda)
  5. Impa (Zelda)
  6. Any of the Champions, preferrably Urbosa or Revali (Zelda)
  7. Mimikyu (Pokémon)
  8. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  9. Elma (Xenoblade)
  10. Jin (Xenoblade)
  11. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  12. Saki (Sin & Punishment)
  13. Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
  14. Mike Jones (Startropics)
  15. Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling)
  16. Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
  17. Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
  18. Knuckles (Sonic)
  19. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  20. Jack Frost (Megami Tensei)
Echoes: Raichu (Pikachu), Celica (Robin), Donkey Kong Jr. (Donkey Kong), Shadow (Sonic), Apollo Justice (Phoenix Wright), Black Shadow (F-Zero), Yarn Yoshi (Yoshi), Toon Zelda (Zelda), Tetra (Toon Link), Ninten (Ness)

(edit: since echoes don't count towards the total I changed up a bit)

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
1. Toad
2. Waluigi
3. Geno
4. Dixie Kong
5. Skull Kid
6. Bandanna Waddle Dee
7. Porky
8. Ashley
9. Isaac
10. Spring Man
11. Rex and Pyra
12. Takamaru
13. Karate Joe
14. Sans
15. Banjo

16. Shadow
17. Galacta Knight
18. Octoling
19. Impa
20. Dry Bowser

Last edited:

31fps

Banned via Warnings
For some reason I get more hyped for this game with every new character I see someone add.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll try to keep it narrow and not to exceed 10 characters (which are more than what we really need, I think that beyond the top four the other characters are unnecessary)
  1. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  2. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
  3. Paper Mario (Paper Mario)
  4. Captain Toad (Super Mario Bros.)
  5. Captain Toadette (Super Mario Bros.) - Captain Toad's Echo fighter
  6. Incineroar (Pokémon)
  7. Piplup (Pokémon)
  8. Rex (Xenoblade)
  9. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  10. Alph (Pikmin) - Olimar's Echo fighter
A few notes: I know Alph is an alternative costume for Olimar, but I'd love to have him as an Echo. Louie would be great as Olimar's alt while Brittany can work as Alph's alt. I added Captain Toadette because I like the concept of Echoes for newcomers. Piplup and Skull Kid are complete biased choices.

letsgetsmashing

Smash Apprentice
I'm grouping my characters into several categories, each explaining why I chose that group of characters.

Nintendo Allstars- I feel that these four characters are the biggest Nintendo icons still not in the game, all for different reasons. Toad has appeared in virtually every Mario game and even starred in his own spinoff title. Dixie Kong is just as important, if not more important to the Donkey Kong series as King K. Rool and was one of the first female figures in video games who chose to fight rather than sit on the sidelines. Impa is an important Zelda character who's basically the fourth recurring character behind Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf. Bandana Dee IS the fourth Kirby character at this point and has been given the same level of importance as Meta Knight and King Dedede in recent games.
Captain Toad
Dixie Kong
Impa
Bandana Dee

Nintendo Series- These four characters represent significant Nintendo series that do not yet have any representation in Smash. While Golden Sun may be considered dead, it's still an important part of Nintendo history, thus Isaac deserves to be in Smash. Rhythm Heaven has been consistently producing fun titles for over a decade now, and remains popular to this day. Spring Man, like Inkling, is proof that Nintendo can still produce fun new IPs and characters; he would be the perfect person to represent the switch. And while Chibi-Robo games have diminished in quality, his series still holds a special place in many Nintendo fans hearts.
Isaac
Chrous Men
Spring Man
Chibi-Robo

Nintendo Guest Stars- These four characters are not owned by Nintendo, but still have been a significant part of Nintendo history. Banjo & Kazooie, owned by Microsoft, were considered one of the faces of Nintendo during the N64 era, along with Mario and Link. The two are lond overdue for Smash and by many still considered Nintendo characters. Rayman, owned by Ubisoft, is a platforming legend who has been a key player on Nintendo consoles for a very long time. Bomberman, owned by Konami, has also consistently appeared on Nintendo titles since the N64 Bomberman game. And Tails is to Sonic as Mario is to Luigi, making him almost as important of a part of the Sonic series as the hedgehog himself. If any 3rd party series deserves a second character, it is Sonic.
Banjo & Kazooie
Rayman
Bomberman
Tails

Nintendo Doppelgangers- These two characters are alternate models of players already in the game. Paper Mario makes perfect sense because he has a long history with Nintendo and is still relevant today. Plus, he's not even the same person as normal Mario, because the two have appeared alongside eachother in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. Toon Zelda is also a logical inclusion as Toon Link is in the game.
Paper Mario
Toon Zelda

Nintendo Villains- These two characters are popular villains who hold a significant piece in Nintendo history. Medusa is Nintendo's biggest female villain, and is arguably the main antagonist of the Kid Icarus franchise. Skull Kid is the perfect character to represent Majoras Mask, and could have a unique moveset with all of the abilities he gains from wearing the mask.
Medusa
Skull Kid

Nintendo Pilots- These two characters are an integral part of the Star Fox series which in some people's opinions, including mine, could use some more representation in Smash Bros. Seeing Slippy Toad and Peppy Hare as playable characters would mean seeing all of the main Star Fox members fighting alongside eachother, which would be quite the sight to see.
Slippy Toad
Peppy Hare

Nintendo Retro- Each Smash game has 1-2 retro or old school characters. Melee has Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch, Brawl has R.O.B., and 4 has Duck Hunt. In Ultimate, this spot could be filled by the Excitebiker. Not only does he star in one of most popular and underrated NES games, but his inclusion in the game would result in an epic moveset. Excitebiker's moves would be like no one elses in the game, and he would truly be fun to use. While Wario has the ability to pull out his bike and ride it, Excitebiker would constantly be riding his.
Excitebiker

Nintendo Star- Geno's journey has been quite interesting. He's been requested since Melee after appearing in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. He was only a side character in one game, but fans fell in love with him, and have held onto the hopes he would one day be in Smash. Those fans who have been loyal to him deserve the satisfaction of seeing him finally playable. And let's be honest, it would be a win for the whole community to see Brawl's big 4 most requested characters: Geno, Isaac, King K. Rool, and Ridley, finally all make it into Smash.
Geno

Honorable Mentions:
Waluigi- He would be cool, but not high on my priority list.
Ken- Wasn't room on this list for an echo.
Ashley- Honestly forgot about her.
Crash Bandicoot- Love him, but Banjo, Tails, Rayman, and Bomberman take priority.

Last edited:

Jyl

Smash Journeyman
My goal is to diversify the roster with many other Nintendo series as much as possible. For 3rd party if they made an impact in Nintendo's history.
1. Lip
2. Excite Biker
3. Takamaru
4. Banjo
5. Isaac
6. Springman
7. Ayumi
8. Jill (Drill Dozer)
9. Saki (S&P)
10. Andy
11. Custom Robo (RIP)
12. Dragon Quest Rep
13. Monster Hunter
14. Donbe and Hikari
15. Prince Sable
16. Arle
17. Shantae
18. Balloon Fighter
19. Dr. Eggman
20. Alma

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
Finally a game thread that doesn't involve cutting out characters from a game with an incredibly impressive roster.

Mine would be... (no particular order)

1. Impa
2. Skullkid
3. Banjo and Kazooie
4. Shadow
5. Issac
6. Big Boss
7. Waluigi
8. Nintendo Labo Robot
9. King Boo
10. Krystal
11. Pokemon Gym Leader
12. Incineroar
13. Ninten
14. Rex
15. Springman
16. Ribbon Girl
17. Ashley
18. Dixie Kong
19. Ken
20. Mach Rider

smashkirby

Smash Hero
In no particular order:

1. Bandana Waddle Dee
2. Mona (WarioWare)
3. Dixie Kong
4. Isaac
5. Ray (any model) (Custom Robo)
6. Saki Amemiya
7. Barbara (Jam with the Band)
8. Lip
9. Lark (Pilotwings)
10. Alph (Poor little guy could FINALLY be promoted to an Echo at least)
11. Krystal
12. Takamaru
13. Cynthia (Pokemon)
14. Ayumi Tachibana
15. Jill (Drill Dozer)
16. Andy (Wars)
17. Donbe and Hikari
18. Prince Sable
19. Arle
20. Shantae

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Cool! I love seeing everyone else's newcomer hopes. Here's my list...mostly pipe dreams, I'm afraid.

1. Captain Toad
2. Skull Kid
3. Impa
4. Midna & Wolf Link
5. Takamaru
6. Porky
7. Giygas
8. Bandana Dee
9. Marx
10. Isaac
11. Paper Mario
12. Gardevoir
13. Blaziken
14. Decidueye
15. Black Shadow
16. Dixie Kong
17. Geno
18. Elma
19. Banjo-Kazooie
20. Viridi

JIrish780

Smash Rookie
Okay... assuming that the three most bandied about "rumored remaining characters" (Ken, Inciniroar and Geno) have made it into the game at this point, here's what I would be adding...

5 more Nintendo "All Stars," which is to say characters who are prominent fixtures in their respective series:
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country series, demi-clone of Diddy sharing some basic moves but mostly original specials)
Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven series)
Waluigi (Mario Spin-Off games)
Ashley (Wario Ware series)
Medusa (Kid Icarus series, a semi-clone of Palutena using a couple original specials and a couple discarded Palutema moves from Smash 4)

5 more Nintendo "Deep Cuts," characters who are less prominent but either have fun move set potential or are choices in the mold of ROB, Duck Hunt Duo and Mr. Game & Watch:
Wizzro (Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors)
Susie Haltman (Kirby: Planet Robot)
Stanley the Bugman (Donkey Kong 3)
Starman (Pro Wrestling; with bonus alt skin based on the wrestler from the Rhythm Heaven games)
Hitmontop (Pokemon Gold/Silver)

5 major 3rd Party characters, series protagonists who either have deep ties to Nintendo or are major figures elsewhere in video gaming circles:
Banjo & Kazooie (eponymous series)
Shantae (eponymous series)
Athena (best known for King of Fighters, but has deeper arcade roots in her eponymous game and Psycho Soldiers; ideally her move set would reflect both aspects of her history)
Rayman (eponymous series)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)

5 "deep cut" third party characters, whether they're representing less prominent franchises, are supporting characters in their own games, or both:
Bub & Bob (Bubble Bobble and Puzzle Bobble)
Hisen-Ko (Darkstalkers series)
Gilius Thunderhead (Golden Axe series; ideally he'd be riding one of the "Chicken Leg" mounts to give him some more move set potential)
Earthworm Jim (eponymous series)
Celes Chere (Final Fantasy 6; I'm putting her here since even though she's a very prominent character in the game, Terra gets the majority of crossover nods)

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I'm seeing a lot of creative picks which makes me happy. At this point, feel free to add any video game character you like!

TheBean

Banned via Warnings
1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
2. Magolor (Kirby)
3. Marx (Kirby)
4. Adeline and Ribbon (Kirby)
5. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
6. The Master Chief (Halo)
7. Banjo and Kazooie (Banjo and Kazooie)
8. Steve (Minecraft)
9. Geno (Super Mario)
10. Waluigi (Super Mario)
11. Ashley (Warioware)
12. Krystal (Star Fox)
13. Pig-Beast Ganon (TLoZ)
14. Linkle (TLoZ)
15. Impa (TLoZ)
16. Skull Kid (TLoZ)
18. Funky Kong (DK)
19. Gooey (Kirby)
20. Queen Sectonia (Kirby)

PrincessToadstool

Smash Cadet
1. Rex & Pyra (GRAMPS IN THE HELMET) (Xenoblade Chronicles)
2. Addam & Mythra (Xenoblade Chronicles)
3. Medusa (Kid Icarus)
4. Captain Toad/Toadette (Super Mario)
5. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
6. Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)
7. Incineroar (Pokémon)
8. Malos (Xenoblade Chronicles)
9. Dromarch (Xenoblade Chronicles)
10. Delcatty (Pokémon)
11. Wolf Link & Midna (The Legend of Zelda)
12. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
13. Agitha (The Legend of Zelda)
14. Mia (Fire Emblem)
15. Birdo (Super Mario)
16. Mipha (The Legend of Zelda)
17. Krystal (Star Fox)
18. Amy Rose (Sonic)
19. Viridi (Kid Icarus)
20. Micaiah (Fire Emblem)

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Wait, echos don't count towards the total? This will be perfect.

1. Isaac
2. Banjo & Kazooie
3. Lloyd Irving
4. Elma
5. Phoenix Wright
6. Takamaru
7. Spyro
8. Rayman
9. Sora
10. Crash Bandicoot
11. Professor Layton
12. Waluigi
13. Dixie Kong
14. Geno
15. Skull Kid
16. Bandana Dee
17. Chorus Kids
18. Captain Toad
19. Spring Man
20. Rex & Pyra

Echo fighters: Impa (Sheik), Ninten (Ness), Black Shadow (Captain Falcon), Alm (Roy *), Alph (Olimar), Felix (Isaac), Miles Edgeworth (Phoenix), Roxas (Sora), Coco Bandicoot (Crash), Captain Toadette (Captain Toad), Ribbon Girl (Spring Man)

* = Chrom is now an Ike echo

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh boy, here we go.

1: Bomberman
2: Krystal
3: Vaati
4: Corsola
5: Mii Wizard
6: Moge-ko
7: Dragonite
8: Captain Toad
9: Bandanna Dee
10: Isaac (Golden Sun)
11: Geno
12: Shantae
13: Marta (from Tales of Symphonia 2)
14: Hector (FE)
15: Tails
16: Shadow
17: Decidueye
18: Banjo-Kazooie
19: Dixie Kong
20: Lip

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I would like to address the accusations that I am creating alternate accounts. I have been alerted by a moderater that TheBean TheBean and Factors Factors are an alternate account of 3 31fps . Both of those accounts have been banned, and their posts are invalidated.

I am not the creator of those accounts. I would never create an alternate account, and I have proof.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Geno
Banjo-Kazooie
Sephiroth
Dixie Kong
Shadow
Ken Masters
Incineroar
Medusa
Black Knight
Heihachi Mishima
Lloyd Irving
Funky Kong
Paper Mario
Skull Kid
Isaac
Impa
Ashley
Tails
Ninten
Dante

Goosey_021

Smash Cadet
20 characters (in no particular order):
Blaziken
King (Tekken)
Heihachi
Bandana Dee
Banjo-Kazooie
Waluigi
Black Knight
Weavile
Sceptile
Peppy
Octoling
Marx
Tails
Revali
Dry Bowser
Krystal
Isaac
Tom Nook
Ken
Captain Toad

Room100

Smash Apprentice
1. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
2. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
3. Skull Kid (Majora's Mask)
4. Sylux (Metroid Prime Hunters)
5. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby)
6. Another type of Pokemon Trainer-type team (Alolan, Team Rocket, etc.) (Pokemon)
7. Samurai Goroh (F-Zero)
8. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog)
9. Shadow (Sonic the Hedgehog)
10. Louie (Pikmin)
11. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
12. Ken (Street Fighter)
13. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
14. Isaac (Golden Sun)
15. Rayman (Rayman)
16. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
17. Doom Slayer (Doom)
18. Henry Fleming (Code Name STEAM)
19. Master Chief (Halo)
20. Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.)

Midget Master

Smash Apprentice
1. Geno
2. Isaac
3. Banjo
4. Lloyd
5. Rex and friends
6. Paper Mario
7. Dixie Kong
8. Shadow
9. Waddle Dee
10. Lip
11. Quote
12. Shantae
13. Skull Kid
14. Blaziken
15. Decidueye
16. Waluigi
17. Chorus Kids
18. KOS-MOS
19. Elma
20. Spring Man

Northadox

Smash Apprentice
Sure, I'll give it a go.

Newcomers:
Quote (Cave Story), w/ Curly Brace ε
Hector (Fire Emblem)
Geno (Mario)
Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney), w/ Miles Edgeworth ε
Professor Layton (Professor Layton)
Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)
Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
Midna (Zelda)
Porkey/Pokey (Eartbound/Mother)
Gardevoir (Pokemon)
Marx (Kirby)
Jimmy T. (WarioWare)
Excitebiker (Excitebike)
Elma (Xenoblade)
Heavy (Team Fortress 2)

Some Echos too, why not:
:ultdiddy:ε - Dixie Kong
:ultsonic:ε - Metal Sonic
:ultmetaknight:ε - Galacta Knight
:ultinkling:ε - Octoling
:ultrob:ε - Ancient Minister

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I looked at the original post. I cut two more than I needed to, but i'll scale it down to match. Here's who I cut:

:ultjigglypuff::ultfalco::ultyounglink::ultdoc::ultpichu::ultsheik::ultroy::ultsnake::ultzss::squirtle::ivysaur::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultdarkpit::ultlucina::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultdarksamus::ultchrom:

Now who am I adding?

1. Banjo & Kazooie
  2. Skull Kid
  3. Geno
  4. Impa
  5. Pig Ganon
  6. Tingle
  7. Mike Jones
  8. Dixie Kong
  9. Dr. Robotnik
  10. Shadow the Hedgehog
  11. Springman
  12. Black Shadow
  13. Toad
  14. Erdrick
  15. Medusa
  16. Mach Rider
  17. Serperior
  18. Krystal
  19. Sukapon
  20. Lip

airConditioner

Smash Ace
:ultbayonetta::ultroy::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultlucas::ultisabelle::ultlucina::ultpalutena::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultdarkpit::ultrosalina::ultrichter::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultdarksamus::ultchrom::ultpokemontrainer:
Additions:

New Series:
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
2. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
3. Saki Amamiya (Sin & Punishment)
4. Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo!)
5. Ray Mk. III (Custom Robo)
6. Dillon (Dillon's Rolling Western)
7. Starfy (The Legendary Starfy)
8. Stylist (Style Savvy)
9. Pious Augustus (Eternal Darkness)
10. Mio Amakura (Fatal Frame)
11. Sami (Wars)
12. Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Agency)
13. Takamaru (Mysterious Murasame Castle)
14. Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo-Kazooie)

Veteran Series:
15. Geno/Paper Mario (Mario)
16. Skull Kid (Legend of Zelda)
17. Vaati (Legend of Zelda)
18. (Captain) Toad (Mario)
19. Gardevoir (Pokemon)
20. Genesect (Pokemon)

Last edited:

TheJutin

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2432-2756-8217
Alright:
1. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
2. Bomberman
3. Waluigi (Mario)
4. Decidueye (Pokémon)
5. Shovel Knight
6. Blaziken (Pokémon)
7. Captain Toad (Mario)
8. Spring Man (Arms)
9. Isaac (Golden Sun)
10. Banjo & Kazooie
11.Xenoblade Character (didn’t play it)
12. Karate Joe (Rhythm Heaven)
13. Mach Rider
14. Marx (Kirby)
15. Steve (Minecraft)
16. Heihachi (Tekken)
17. Shantae

Echoes:
18. Shadow (Sonic Echo)
19. Ken (Ryu Echo)
20. Zoroark (Lucario Echo)
21. Dixie Kong (Diddy Echo)

The only thing that annoys me is that I believe in having a Pokémon rep for each gen and I cut pichu on the original. So that means gen 2 would be the only one without a rep. But I don’t want to much Pokémon. This is hard

TheYungLink

Smash Lord
In this post I only cut 10 characters, so here I'll only include 10 as well as any additional Echo Fighters since the latter don't count.

Newcomers
  1. Captain Toad (Toadette Echo Fighter / alternate costume, either is fine by me)
  2. Paper Mario
  3. Ganon
  4. Midna and Wolf Link
  5. Dixie Kong, semi-clone of Diddy Kong
  6. Cranky Kong
  7. Another human Pokemon character
  8. Caeda (FE1 and 3)
  9. Anna
  10. Louie (Brittany Echo Fighter), semi-clone of Olimar
Echo Fighters not tied to any of the above newcomers:
  1. :ultmario: Small Mario (replaces Pichu as the joke character, they're statistically much weaker than Mario with no benefits aside from being smaller. Replaces Dr. Mario as the other version of Mario that also plays like him)
  2. :ultdk: Funky Kong
  3. :ultkrool: Lord Fredrik
  4. :ultness: Ninten
  5. :ultmarth: Seliph (FE4) (would give playable representation to the important Jugdral games)
  6. :ultike: Black Knight
  7. :ultmetaknight: Dark Meta Knight
  8. :ultolimar: Alph
  9. :ultfalcon: Black Shadow
  10. :ultinkling: Octoling (specifically the Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion version)
  11. :ultsnake: Raiden from MGS2
  12. :ultsonic: Shadow
  13. :ultryu: Ken
  14. :ultbayonetta: Jeanne
:ultlucina: Since I cut Roy, Lucina is now an Echo Fighter of Chrom instead of Marth, who gets a new Echo Fighter.

Yeah, Echo Fighters boosted the newcomer count by a LOT. No wonder Sakurai is making quite a few of them.

R O F L

Smash Ace
This is obviously biased toward character I want and from games I've played. This is also in no order.

1. Dixie Kong (Echo of Diddy)
2. Louie
3. Alph (Echo of Olimar)
4. Kamek
5. Paper Mario
6. Toad
7. Bandana Waddle Dee
8. Dark Meta Knight (Echo of Meta Knight)
9. Magolor
10. Octoling (Echo of Inkling)
11. Skull Kid
12. Ashley (Wario Ware)
13. Chibi-Robo
14. Funky Kong (Echo of DK)
15. Ken (Echo of Ryu)
16. Banjo-Kazooie
17. Excite Biker
18. Issac (Golden Sun)
19. Steve
20. Plasm Wraith

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
  1. Strider Hiryu
  2. Paper Mario
  3. Professor Layton
  4. Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment)
  5. Mike Jones (StarTropics)
  6. Rex (Xenoblade)
  7. Lloyd Irving
  8. Heihachi Mishima
  9. Rashid (Street Fighter)
  10. Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury)
  11. NiGHTS
  12. Neku Sakuraba (TWEWY)
  13. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
  14. Jeanne (Bayonetta)
  15. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  16. Wonder Red (The Wonderful 101)
  17. Dixie Kong
  18. Geno
  19. Rayman
  20. Spring Man (ARMS)

Lazer Tuna

Smash Rookie
1. Bandanna Waddle Dee (Kirby Series)
2. Sylux(Metroid Series)
3. Fiora(Xenoblade Series)
4.Micaiah(Fire Emblem Series)
5.Prince Sable(For Whom the Bells Tolls Series)
6. Ayumi Tachibana(Famicom Detective Club Series)
7. Donde and Hikari(Onigamshima Series)
8. Issac(Golden Sun)
9. Bubbles(Clu-Clu Land Series)
10. Balloon Fighter(Balloon FIght Series)
11. Banjo Kazooie(Banjo Kazooie Series)
12. LLoyd Irving(Tales Of Series)
13. Krystal(Star Fox Series)
14. Paper Mario(Paper Mario Series)
15. Shantae(Shantae Series)

Baysidellama3

Smash Rookie
1. Dante (Devil May Cry)
2. Rex + Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
3. Shadow (Sonic)
4. Heihachi (Tekken)
5. Skull Kid (Zelda)
6. Elma or Lin (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
7. Tharja (Fire Emblem Awakening)
8. Sceptile (Pokemon)
9. 2B (Neir Automata)
10. Zero (Megaman X/Zero)
11. Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
12. Viridi (Kid Icarus Uprising)
13. Shante (Shante)
14. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII)
15. Kratos + Atreus ( God of War 2018)
Just some random characters I think would be fun to play as.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
I cut these in the other thread.
:ultmiifighters:(x3):ultyounglink::ultdoc::ultbayonetta::ultdarkpit::ultzss::ultjigglypuff::ultlucina::ultrob::ultdaisy::ultlucas::ultroy::ultpichu::ulttoonlink::ultsheik::ultsnake::ivysaur::squirtle:
3 Echo, 6 Clones, and 11 Originals

So I'd add in no particular order... (I went ahead and disqualified deconfirmed characters for my list)
Originals
1. Bandana Dee - Cute addition and helps Kirby get some more representation.
2. Elma - Xenoblade could use another pick and I think she could be pretty cool!
3. Springman - Wonderful design. Very colorful and pleasing to the eyes.
4. Skull Kid - Highly requested and helps break away from the Zelda/Link clone/alter ego factory.
5. Decidueye - I know I'm betraying Mimikyu (already deconfirmed though) and Incineroar here. But if Ivysaur was taken out of the picture I could see the archer owl being the better option with the position I put myself in.
6. Tails - Sonic's best buddy would be a solid addition with how Sega and Nintendo have game together. I remember back in the day with the unlocking Tails rumors for Melee, it's about time he actually got in.
7. Isaac - Neat earth bender type move set could be fun, also throw his fans a bone.
8. Banjo Kazooie - Fan bone. Pretty sure it'd bring up a lot of memories for some people.
9. Geno - Fan bone, pretty sure the internet would explode.
10. Crash Bandicoot - It'd be awesome in terms of iconic console mascots.
11. Mona - This last pick I had trouble with, but I decided to go with someone a bit quirky and different. I feel Mona could help break Wario away from looking like another Mario character by coming in and supplying some wacky stuff from their games.

HM- Prince Sable and Saki, If Prince Sable got spot 11, Richard was a tempting pick for 20.

Clones
12. Dixie - She's a Nintendo All Star and deserves it. I think a clone is the best route with her as she is very similar to Diddy but could use some differences from him to not deserve to be an echo.
13. Shadow - He's a Sega All Star and is pretty famous all around. I know he's a popular Echo choice, but i think his Chaos Control and more powerful being could used to make him more interesting overall than Sonic.
14. Medusa- I want my bad girl. She's got a wicked design and it'd be a shame for her to fall back to nothing after being revived. Snakes and evil magic could make her more aggressive than Palutena overall but she can be derived from her.
15. Gardevoir - With me removing 4 Pokemon, it gave me the flexibility to buff the roster with a popular 3rd generation Pokemon. She'd share Psychic with Mewtwo, but she could be more defensive and have Fairy moves in addition. She'd be a good opposite to him.
16. Twintelle - Pretty popular ARMS character and her hair being her weapon could be interesting and separate her from Springman.
17. Black Knight - I took a swing at the FE roster, so I do feel I can give them something to help make up for it. Black Knight is a pretty popular villain and would stand out from the others. His much bulkier armor compared to Ike means he'd more likely need to be a clone instead of a Echo like people are hoping for.

Echo
18. Ken - One of the original Echo characters. I feel it'd be a shame to exclude him.
19. Ms. Pacman - Huge arcade icon. Cute couple.
20. Octolings - I was blanking on this one and they came to mind.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
I’m limiting my choices to characters who have appeared on a Nintendo console at least once (sorry, Master Chief). Also, not hot on the idea of cutting characters unless I have to, so abstaining from that topic. Anyways:

1. Hector (Fire Emblem)
1£. Camilla (Fire Emblem)
2. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
3. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
4. Crash Bandicoot (DLC)
5. Paper Mario
6. Alm (25£; Fire Emblem Echoes)
6£. Now that I think about it, make Chrom Ike’s Echo instead of Roy’s.
7. Dark Matter (Kirby)
8 Blacephalon (Pokémon; DLC)
9. Incineroar (Pokémon)
10. Sora (Kingdom Hearts; DLC)
10£. Roxas (Kingdom Hearts: DLC)
11. Kamek (Super Mario)
11£. Kammy (Paper Mario)
12. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
13. Ayumi Tachibani (Famicom Detective)
14. Shadow the Hedgehog (38£)
15. Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
16. Funky Kong