• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

if you got a super power that wasn't invisibility or flight or teleportation or shapeshifting or telekinesis what would it be

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Teleportation would be pretty neat.

Skip a commute, get everywhere on time, cheaper holidays and travel, never miss any appointment...and that's excluding any potential actual heroics like rescuing hostages or saving people from burning buildings or incoming dangers.

Teleportation is a pretty cool power.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Teleportation would be pretty neat.

Skip a commute, get everywhere on time, cheaper holidays and travel, never miss any appointment...and that's excluding any potential actual heroics like rescuing hostages or saving people from burning buildings or incoming dangers.

Teleportation is a pretty cool power.
ok but the thread title says no teleportation. so what else

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
To be able to summon anything I want, anywhere I want, with no downsides whatsoever.

So I can finally get some dedication and actually start and finish something.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
My own personal suggestion would be telekinesis, simply because of the number of practical applications it has. Whilst abilities like controlling electricity or something look cool, telekinesis actually has a lot more use overall. For instance - despite flight being against the rules of the OP, telekinesis could easily be used on yourself to allow you to "move" yourself through the air. Not only that, but it's probably the most practical ability in terms of rescue and battle alike. After all, say that someone comes after you in a tank, you could simply crush it into a cube the size of a marble. Likewise, it's possible to move large objects such as steel beams, so say if a building comes down on you, you could hold it up with telekinesis whilst rescuing the folks inside.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
mine would be echolactation so i could see at night and walk to the nearby donut shop (they make new ones at 2am)
Just use a flashlight…or are there no street lights where you live? That would be weird if so. And there’s also delivery services…

Technomancy

I could gain control of the world’s technology and be able to influence it like how a virus influences a nervous system. I would use it for nefarious purposes of course.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Retractile back-mounted Tentacles with regenerative capabilities and strong enough to support the weight of me and at least one other person, the ends of which being able to shapeshift into a variety of configurations (the default being plain ol' nubs, but with the option to have them transform into things like claws like doc ock's tentacles, drills for when I want to open something that's very stubborn like a plastic bag of dinosaur chicken nuggets, or become very thin so it can reach under the oven/couch/etc.).

The benefits!:
  • Self-neck massage? (this one's not guaranteed, but you bet your sweet bippy that it's going to be the very first thing I try doing with them)
  • I can now carry ALL the groceries into the house in a single trip WITHOUT hurting my fingers.
  • Too lazy to get up to grab something that's just out of reach? Use the tentacles instead.
  • Putting things up onto or taking them off of the top shelf.
  • "Could you pass the salt?" Normally, I'd have to say no because they're all the way on the other side of the table, and reaching for the salt would require getting in literally everyone's way.
  • Can pull off what is Objectively-speaking the best Giratina Origin Forme cosplay ever made.
  • If I ever get a girlfriend, I... I can uh... "hold her in a bridal carry and still be able to open doors while doing so."
  • Most Importantly: If someone tries to murder/kidnap me from behind, I can just instinctively pop out the tentacles (faster than they can snap my neck/suffocate me with the rag they put over my mouth); assailant skewered, problamo solved.
Technomancy

I could gain control of the world’s technology and be able to influence it like how a virus influences a nervous system. I would use it for nefarious purposes of course.
\>prof pic is tall
\>sig is gary
\>wants to be an IRL mass effect engineer

yeah that sounds about right.

EDIT: smashboards format does not take kindly to greentext

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
If I ever get a girlfriend, I... I can uh... "hold her in a bridal carry and still be able to open doors while doing so."
Okay genuinely though this is an incredibly based usage of these powers. Like, it's a genuinely massively underrated advantage, you genius.

(also this is purely experimentation on my part)
> be me
using greentext
thumbsup.jpeg
suddenly no thumbs
ohno.png
mfw eddie murphy ate my thumbs again[/QUOTE]
(i see your point now)

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Retractile back-mounted Tentacles with regenerative capabilities and strong enough to support the weight of me and at least one other person, the ends of which being able to shapeshift into a variety of configurations (the default being plain ol' nubs, but with the option to have them transform into things like claws like doc ock's tentacles, drills for when I want to open something that's very stubborn like a plastic bag of dinosaur chicken nuggets, or become very thin so it can reach under the oven/couch/etc.).

The benefits!:
  • Self-neck massage? (this one's not guaranteed, but you bet your sweet bippy that it's going to be the very first thing I try doing with them)
  • I can now carry ALL the groceries into the house in a single trip WITHOUT hurting my fingers.
  • Too lazy to get up to grab something that's just out of reach? Use the tentacles instead.
  • Putting things up onto or taking them off of the top shelf.
  • "Could you pass the salt?" Normally, I'd have to say no because they're all the way on the other side of the table, and reaching for the salt would require getting in literally everyone's way.
  • Can pull off what is Objectively-speaking the best Giratina Origin Forme cosplay ever made.
  • If I ever get a girlfriend, I... I can uh... "hold her in a bridal carry and still be able to open doors while doing so."
  • Most Importantly: If someone tries to murder/kidnap me from behind, I can just instinctively pop out the tentacles (faster than they can snap my neck/suffocate me with the rag they put over my mouth); assailant skewered, problamo solved.

\>prof pic is tall
\>sig is gary
\>wants to be an IRL mass effect engineer

yeah that sounds about right.

EDIT: smashboards format does not take kindly to greentext
Beware of my calibrations.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Psychokinesis. For one, it's the power of my boy, and for two, it sounds cooler than Telekinesis but is mostly the same thing. Loophole, baby!

Oddball

Smash Lord
I want to be this guy.
multiple man.jpg

I want to be able to make exact duplicates of myself, as many as I want, so I can go out and do things, without every having to leave home, then be able to absorb them back into myself and get their memories.

I could hold down multiple jobs and still spend all day at home messing around on the internet.

Top Bottom