• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could improve young link ?

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
If you could nurf or buff him in what ways would you?
For me I feel he needs a few buffs

- I'd give him atleast one kill move.
-And more priority on his recovery so he's alittle less gimpable like they did for krool
-Speed him up in areas(like his bomb pull or boomerage throw are slow) or instead give him slightly more range on his sword .

I feel the way they balanced pichu is a good example of how they should handle a light weight character who dies early but can also kill.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
-Make both forward air and down air kill earlier.
-Make his smash attacks kill slightly earlier.
-Make his multi-hit moves harder to fall out of.
-Give his sword, shield, and hookshot their Majora's Mask designs.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
-Make both forward air and down air kill earlier.
-Make his smash attacks kill slightly earlier.
-Make his multi-hit moves harder to fall out of.
-Give his sword, shield, and hookshot their Majora's Mask designs.
Sadly I never played majora's mask. Still waiting for a virtual console style release so i can play it. But as for the rest i agree, especially his killing power is pretty bad. I dont go around preaching to buff every character but I can see now the flaws of certain characters now that the game has been out. And I get making him weak but to have hardly any kill power is strange. Pichu , another light character has kill power. I feel YL should atleast have an option as well.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Sadly I never played majora's mask. Still waiting for a virtual console style release so i can play it. But as for the rest i agree, especially his killing power is pretty bad. I dont go around preaching to buff every character but I can see now the flaws of certain characters now that the game has been out. And I get making him weak but to have hardly any kill power is strange. Pichu , another light character has kill power, I feel YL should atleast have an option as well.
Yeah I didn't want to go overboard and give him too many kill options. Just make what can already kill do it's job better.

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I didn't want to go overboard and give him too many kill options. Just make what can already kill do it's job better.
Yeah I get you. Too many people can win against YL because they are surviving long enough to get multiple second chances since YL doesnt kill well.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
As much as I'd like to see YL get buffed, he's already fairly well balanced and might become too power for lower characters if he was. He's got some crazy things that might become broken with power behind them.

I'd just give him a few fixes like make Fsmash 1 connect into Fsmash 2 reliably even when delayed, because opponents escaping if you don't buffer both hits is stupid.
Increase Dsmash and Dtilt hitbubbles so they hit higher and combo from Fair 1 for a wider % range.
Make jab harder to DI, if people are good they can escape quickly.
Make shielding+ jump and attack buffer Nair rather than Zair so YL has a quick OoS option.
Have YL keep his Kokiri shield up when walking fast.

Last edited:

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
But as for the rest i agree, especially his killing power is pretty bad. And I get making him weak but to have hardly any kill power is strange. Pichu , another light character has kill power. I feel YL should atleast have an option as well.
To be fair, I think Pichu's forward tilt is a bit overkill in giving him KO power.. I haven't had enough experience with Ultimate yet so given YL's lighter weight I'll give the benefit of the doubt that he needs slightly more kill power. He is a fairly well rounded character already though with good overall speed and versatile projectiles.

Last edited:
Top Bottom