• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If YOU could design Wario's moveset

WwwWario

Smash Ace
How would it be? Obviously, Wario lacks representation from Wario Land, which is weird, since it's one of his two main series, as well as the fact that he has lots of actual fighting moves from those games. But! I actually just learned the other day that his Up Tilt is in fact an unused animation from Wario Land 4! :)

Anyway, if I personally could redesign Wario's moves, with his current moveset as a base, I'd do the following:

-Change his Dash attack to his Skull Bash from Wario Land 4
-Change his Forward Smash back to his Shoulder Bash, where he'd dash forward the longer you charge it
-Change his Down Smash to his Ground Slam from Wario Land: The Shake Dimension
-Change his Forward Throw to his one-hand throw from the Wario Land games
-Change his Down Throw to the Pile Driver from Wario World
-Change his Down Air to the Ground Pound (even though it seems like his current down throw is the Ground Pound)

That, to me, would make the perfect Wario. Moves from Wario Land, moves based on his personality, and his Bike from Wario Ware (since there isn't many moves that come directly from Wario Ware).

What would you change? I'm fine with how Wario is now, but still disappointed as a big Wario fan.

WRECK-IT MUNDO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
warionino129
3DS FC
4811-8008-0796
I think it will be great if they also make Wario's Up B the Wario Super Jump from Wario World.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Remove the Waft, and replace it with... something, just so that 7-year olds watching their big brother and his friends play won't make stupid fart jokes.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
How would it be? Obviously, Wario lacks representation from Wario Land, which is weird, since it's one of his two main series, as well as the fact that he has lots of actual fighting moves from those games. But! I actually just learned the other day that his Up Tilt is in fact an unused animation from Wario Land 4! :)

Huh, you learn something new everyday.
Thanks for the information.

As for what I would do:

-Jab 1 & 2: Wario does a straight one-two punch. (The difference is that the moves actually link in together :p)

-Forward Tilt: Same as the current one, but Wario will swing his fist more times, delaying the punch and doing more damage like in Project M.

-Down Tilt: Ball/Rock Slide Wario, it would be like a shorter version of Megaman and Cloud's D-Tilt but it doesn't go as far.

-Dash Attack: Fire Wario, (not that Fire Wario) it would work like his current dash attack. First Wario runs while on fire, then falls over while getting engulfed in the flames with arms, hands and fingers stretched out in-front of him and finally during the recovery phase, Wario gets up covered and shakes off the ash. (He could have the Fire Flower Feather on his hat as a small nod)

-Forward Smash (Neutral): Shoulder Bash, the longer you charge it, the farther Wario charges. (Press down while Wario's running to crouch-cancel while keeping slowing down his momentum. Invincibility frames on 6-16 so Sakurai doesn't complain about the move being too unsafe)

-Forward Smash (Angled Up, ((who said I can't add moves)) ): Corkscrew Conk, Wario make a short jump forward while spinning vertically curled up. When Wario lands he stand up straight, raising his arms in the air while his belly jiggles.

-Forward Smash (Angled Down): Skull Bash from Land 4, it works like the Shoulder Bash only it's stronger but doesn't go as far. However, Wario also flails his arms and has his legs spin while running similar to the dash machine in Wario Land Shake It (The Shake Dimension) (It can also slide by pressing down)

-Down Smash: Earthshake Punch, Wario punches the ground which causes it shake it around him launching the opponents up like in Project M. If you press the button again (similar to Link's F-Smash, Wario will do his old break dance D-Smash)

-Grab-Pummel: Wario shakes the opponent like in Wario Land Shake It (AKA The Shake Dimension) while using the same coin effect Mario and Luigi have.

-Forward Throw: One-Hand Mega Toss, tap the stick for Wario lightly throw the opponent, hold the stick to charge up for a stronger throw like in Project M. (Adds the arrow pointing the direction you're throwing from Shake It aka The Shake Dimension for effect)

-Up Throw: Same as Forward Throw but upwards. ("Still has the stupid arrow")

-Down Throw: Pile Driver, creates an explosion which can hurt nearby opponents.

-Back Throw: Wild Swing-Ding, same as the current one, however Wario swings the opponent an extra 2 times and he can move left or right by tilting the control stick while spinning like in Project M. ("What!? Another spinning move!? Enough already!!)

-Neutral Air: Vampire Wario, same as the current neutral air, but this time Wario sports a cape, fangs and purple skin.

-Up Air: Frozen Wario, same as the current up air, but Wario's hands freeze when claps leaving a lingering hitbox.

-Down Air (Hold :GCA:): Tapping :GCA: will just do Wario's current D-air, however (similar to Ryu's Jab and Tilts) if you hold the button, Wario will ground pound like in Project M. (Only this time Wario will do a forward flip before ground-pounding. If you land with the move, it cause a hitbox around Wario's area that can trip nearby opponents)

-Back Air: Bull Wario, again same as the current back air, however Wario puts on the viking's helmet before he lays his head back. The horns give Wario more range and launch at a more horizontal angle on hit.

-Neutral B: Hyper Suction, once again same as the current neutral b, but Wario has suck in effect like Kirby and King Dedede. Wario can now slowly walk forward during the move, and if tilt the control stick in a different direction, Wario can spit out the opponent forward, upward, downward, or backward. (Wario also recover hp from eating projectiles and he now recovers 2 hp instead of 1. Also if Wario eats an explosive, he'll quickly start kissing it, then blows up in his face. After the explosion, Wario will smile with holes in his teeth saying "PLAY IT LOUD")

-Side B: Wario Bike, again it's the same move (man I'm unoriginal), this time Wario now turn into Puffy Wario when he jumps off the bike, then deflates like normal. If hold down on the control stick and press:GCA: Wario can manually fall off the bike so you can use the bike as an item more quickly. (Plus Wario can use his the tires an throw-able items again, sometimes one of the tires will be replace with a Wario Ball)

-Up B: Spring Wario, (It's the same move but with a different animation, you get it by this point) Wario coils up and quickly jumps and spins like a spring.

-Ledge Grab Animation: Wario holds on to ledge with one hand, similar to how he held on to the owls from Wario Land 2 & 3.

-Ledge Attack: Zombie Wario, Wario slashes the opponent with both of his un-dead hands.

-Trip Animation: Wario trips, falls on his head, then flips and lands on his rear. (Based on the failed gold shot animation from Wario Land 3)

-Trip Attack: Fatter Wario, Wario's belly bulges and he bounces it forward and backwards to hit the opponent.

-Floor/Knocked Down Attack: Flat Wario, Flat Wario kicks his foot forward then his other foot backwards at the opponent.

-Ground Footstool Animation: Wario temporarily transforms into mini/small Wario. (Reference to Wario's defeat in Mario Land 2)

-3rd Idle Animation: Wario get's impatient and mumbles "Come on come on, pick it up and play"

-Side Taunt: Wario takes out a +10 coin from Wario Land 1 (Super Mario Land 3) over his head, throws it in the air, tries to catch it but it lands and bonks Wario on head causing Wario to stand dizzy as Crazy Wario like he did in Wario Land 3. (Basically he tires copying Dr. Mario side taunt)

-Forward Roll: Snowman Wario, Wario rolls in a snowball.

-Backward Roll: Ball'o'Strings Wario, Wario rolls in a ball of yarn.

-Spot Dodge: Invisible Wario, Wario turns invisible. (Happy?)

-Air Dodge: Bubble Wario, Wario dodges while trapped in a bubble.

-Forward Tech: Ball Wario, Wario dodges as a ball. (From the transformation of the Basketball Bunny boss fight in Wario Land 2. (("Grrrr, I hate you! You stupid *BOOM* ball...")))

-Backward Tech: Egg Wario, Wario dodges as an egg. (From the transformation of the Giant Snake boss fight in Wario Land 2)

-Electric Attack Hitstun Animation: Electric-stuned Wario

-KO Voice Clip 1: Wario shout "Doh I Missed" from Mario Party 1 & 2. (If Wario gets KOed at 0%, instead he will shout "Oh My God"

-Star KO Voice Clip: Wario yells "WAAAAHHHHH" from Mario Kart 64.

-Throwing Item Voice Clip: Wario shouts "Fire"

Yeeeeeeeaaaah, I think I when a bit overboard...

Oh well, I just really like Wario.

Last edited:

MarineIris

Smash Cadet
I like a lot of these changes, especially the additions of "D'oh, I missed!" and the Shake It! throws. My only concern is he may be changing appearance a little to often. I say keep Spring Wario, Fire Wario, and Bull Wario for sure. The other "costume" moves can stay the same just so things don't get excessive.

Donkey Kong Jr

Smash Cadet
Here's what I'd personally like to have:

Side Smash: Shoulder Charge

Wario's signature move. Give it a little bit of range in addition to it's "flaming" effect that's seen in the Wario Land games.

Down Smash: Earthshake Punch
Wario punches the ground and causes the ground to shake.

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/8/82/WarioPound.jpg
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/f/fa/WLS2.png

Down Air: Ground Pound
Self explanatory. Also, this move spikes opponents.

Down Special: WarioWare Bomb
I'm not exactly sure how the move itself should act, but I'd prefer something related to this rather than his current down-special.

http://www.mariowiki.com/Wario_Bomb

Pummel: Shake
Wario grabs his opponent and can shake the opponent up and down as he does to enemies in Wario Land Shake It. This move has a coin effect for each pummel.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/videogames/detail-page/B001C58T46.01.lg.jpg

Forward Throw: Wario Land Throw
Wario grabs his opponents and chucks them forwards.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Wario-Land-30.png
http://cdn1.spong.com/screen-shot/w/a/wariolandt278841l/_-Wario-Land-The-Shake-Dimension-Wii-_.jpg

Down Throw: Piledriver
Wario grabs his opponent upside down, spins in the air, and drives them into the ground headfirst.

Last edited:

Madwario

Smash Apprentice
For me it would be:

B: Wario Ball. Basically a Mariolike black ball.

SideB: Warios iconic punch. The more you charge the farther you go, the more damage you do and it also slightly stund the target.

UpB: Would keep it like it is now.

DownB: Warios iconic buttsmash.

Smash Ball: basically the charge in Wario Land 4 knocking everything out.

Everything else would be the same.

Also lets add Waluigi:

B: purple Luigiball.
SideB: tennisrocket smash.
UpB: a jump that can grab a target and smash it down as a basketball for good ganks.
DownB: backwards fall that puts the target into the ground to be stunned.
Smash Ball: Soccer Waluigi kicks you up into the sky then slams you down the ground causing you to fly away.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's mine for my pretend Super Smash Bros. Eternity: (6th game after Ultimate.)
Specials:
Neutral-Bomb
Side-Shoulder Bash
Up-Super Jump
Down-Earthshake Punch
Grab and Throws:
Pummel-Shake
Forward-Mega Toss
Backward-Wild Swing-Ding
Up-Dragon Helmet (Throws them in air and shoots fire upwards)
Down-Pile Driver
Dash Attack-Bull Helmet
Aerials:
Neutral-Puffy Form
Forward-Jet Helmet (Can glide around like Pit and Meta Knight back in Brawl)
Backward-Fire Form
Up-Spring Form
Down-Fat Form
Ledge Attack-Zombie Form
Crawling/Crouching-Flat Form (If in the air Wario floats down)
Walk-From Wario Land 3
Dash-From Shake It! (the Wheel o' feet)
Idle Animations:
1-Says "Come on! Pick it up and play!"
2-Weightlifting
3-Skipping rope
4-Excerises with dumbbells

Final Smash-The Wario Car:
The car appears on and he jumps in and starts driving and running over opponents whom can be driven and jump around hitting them when it ends he hops out and said car drives off stage.
(Wario has his default overalls instead of the biker suit.)
And this is my moveset for Wario! reply and comment if like

Last edited:

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Use the wario ware bomb thingy as his neutral, get rid of the waft and use the wario land hats in his specials.

Oh and the pummel should be the shake from shake it, that game is too good to forget !

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I used them for Wario, here is the info:
-Used Shake for pummel
-Dragon for Up Throw and Bull is the Dash Attack
-Jet for F-Air
Thanks for the help!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's mine for my pretend Super Smash Bros. Prism:
Specials:
Neutral-Bomb
Side-Shoulder Bash
Up-Super Jump
Down-Earthshake Punch
Grab and Throws:
Pummel-Shake
Forward-Mega Toss
Backward-Wild Swing-Ding
Up-Dragon Helmet (Throws them in air and shoots fire upwards)
Down-Pile Driver
Dash Attack-Bull Helmet
Aerials:
Neutral-Puffy Form
Forward-Jet Helmet (Can glide around like Pit and Meta Knight back in Brawl)
Backward-Fire Form
Up-Spring Form
Down-Fat Form
Ledge Attack-Zombie Form
Crawling/Crouching-Flat Form (If in the air Wario floats down)
Walk-From Wario Land Shake It!
Dash-From Shake It! (the Wheel o' feet)

Final Smash-The Wario Car:
The car appears on and he jumps in and starts driving and running over opponents whom can be driven and jump around hitting them when it ends he hops out and said car drives off stage.
(Wario has his default overalls instead of the biker suit.)
And this is my moveset for Wario! reply and comment if like
Sorry for the double post

Last edited:
Top Bottom