• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could chose a 2nd Final Fantasy Character for Smash who would it be?

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
Besides Cloud obviously, what other Final Fantasy character(s) would you like to see in Smash someday?

Rules
1. They do not have to make a big appearance on a Nintendo system. Cloud has only made minor, non-playable appearances in other systems such as Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and Final Fantasy Explorers. Meaning that characters like Lightning, Leon & maybe even Noctis could be options.

2. Does not have to be the main character. It could be a villain like Sephiroth or Kefka. Or maybe another FF7 character like Tifa or Vincent Valentine.

3. Characters from Spin-offs like Type-0 or Tactis are fine as well.

Want my choice? I'd pick Squall Leonart from FF8. It too was a Playstation Exclusive but Leon has made as the same appearances on Nintendo systems as Cloud. Would be a popular choice and I'd love to see what they could do with his Gunblade. Other choices maybe Black Mage, Warrior of Light and/or Tifa.

What is your choice or choices?

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
It would probably have to be a main character from one of the other series. I'd like Lightning or Squall

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Red XIII. I feel like Red could have a really cool and unique moveset.

Tomlanji

Smash Cadet
NNID
Tomlanji
3DS FC
4098-2281-7871
Id go with either the Warrior of Light or Terra. Probably WoL tho.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Bartz of Final Fantasy 5. The moveset potential is huge.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I would like to see Black Mage from Final Fantasy 1. Though that's probably because I love using him in Flash 2 and Final Fantasy 1 and 7 are the only games I played in the series. Still, I think he'd be pretty cool.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
White mage, because she's the best waifu because healing moves are usually really interesting.

tipsyCalibrator

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jack0vAllTrades
DISCLAIMER: I know very little about FF

In terms of which one would be the most fitting, probably Sephiroth. He's the next most iconic FF character after Cloud

In terms of which one I'd be most interested in, probably either Kefka or Tifa. Kefka would could maybe have a weird and unique moveset and he would fit pretty well with the goofy and colorful Smash art style. Meanwhile, Tifa could have a really hard hitting, power based rushdown playstyle, maybe somewhere between Captain Falcon and Ganondorf in terms of speed and combos

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Definitely Terra. Also wouldn't mind Gilgamesh.

Top Bottom