• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change any character's default costume, what would it be?

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
i got a few suggestions!

:ulttoonlink: - his pyama outfit and also his engineer outfit, tbh they really give more variety to his costume options! (i honestly don't get why they never bothered to give him these outfits...)
:ultpeach: - her sport/olympics/tennis outfit including her hair in a ponytail but also her Shadow Queen outfit
:ultdaisy::ultluigi::ultmario::ultwario: :ultrosalina:- also get their sport/olympics/tennis outfits
:ultinkling::ultinklingboy: - in their case i will actually add 2 outfits from Splatoon 2 for both genders each including a well known hairstyles from splatoon 2 for the both of them (i saw the rule but in the inkling's case they don't have their recent look at all ^^'')
:ultbowser: - Bowser in his wedding tuxedo!
:ultsonic: - i would add his Sonic Boom design as a outfit option (i just really like that Sonic's design! so yeah that's why lol)
:ultsquirtle: - give the squirtle his sunglasses!

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I would love to see alternate costume DLC. Considering that each of the current costumes has a name of "Color X," it seems like it'd be easy to implement.

As for the main question:
:ultlink: - Wild set default, champion alternate (and keep him lefty!)
:ultzelda: - Twilight Princess. We have enough pretty princesses, we need a Queen.
:ultyounglink: -
Using MM razor sword and hero shield
:ultganondorf: - Hyrule. Warriors. Full stop.
:ultike: - Swole should have been default

As for other costumes I'd like to see...
:ultbayonetta: - The white dress from Bayo 2
:ultganondorf: - Bring back the TP Dorf
:ultisabelle: - Her pinafore from the new 3DS commercial
:ultlink: - Twilight Princess, a proper Fierce Deity like they did in HW
:ultluigi: - Mr. L
:ultmario: - Jumpman recolor. And why did the Wario color get cut too?
:ultmewtwo: - Movie armor
:ultpeach: - Shadow Queen
:ultdaisy: - Sports outfit
:ultpokemontrainer: - Team Rocket, with Squirtle Squad shades :ultsquirtle:, Shiny :ultcharizard:, and a black rose :ultivysaur:
:ultridley: - the black demo recolor
:ultryu: - Shirtless and bearded
:ulttoonlink: - Outset pajamas
:ultyoshi: - his black recolor back
:ultzelda: - BotW royal gown, BotW prayer dress

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Idk how this thread turned into an "alternate costumes" thread, but whatevs :laugh:

Honestly, the only change i think would be the best is making Link's default his classic green tunic. As much as I love BOTW and BOTW Link, Link is most iconic in that outfit so it just makes more sense.

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
Update

:ultcorrin:<:ultcorrinf:
:ultganondorf: Hyrule Warriors (replace sword with trident)
:ulthero: Erdrick
:ultike: Radiant Dawn
:ultlink: Hyrule Warriors
:ultgnw: Stays in his regular form
:ultdarksamus: Metroid Prime 2
:ultwario: Overalls
:ultwolf: Black alt
:ultyounglink: Razor Sword & Mirror Shield
:ultzss: No jet heels

KayaMarley

Smash Cadet
PLEASE!!!! She's too childish in this game
Aww you dont like her albw design? I thought it was super cute. They did a great job making these characters look great, and this iteration of zelda's design is one of my favorite character designs in the whole game. The triforce earrings look really cool too

Yoshi - Yoshi's Island, I never really liked his design from Yoshi Story onward
Nooo! How could you! Yoshi's Story is my favorite game of all time!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I would make female Corrin and overalls Wario the default costumes. Female Corrin seems to be used far more often (outside of Smash) than the male version, and overalls Wario is 90% bias - the Wario Land games were some of my first video games, so I prefer that look.

Also, I would have liked it if they changed Samus's design to the one from Samus Returns. It's relatively minor, but I'd say it's better to put Other M behind us as soon as possible.

As of now, I think I'd prefer having Hero's default costume be Erdrick/the Dragon Quest III hero. Maybe that will change when I beat Dragon Quest 3 and 11, but as of now, Erdrick's the protagonist of the game that (by my very limited understanding of Dragon Quest) was the biggest turning point for Dragon Quest as a whole (much like FF7 arguably was for Final Fantasy), whereas the Luminary being the face of the character felt like a blatant attempt at promoting an upcoming Switch release.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
1. Change Male Corrin to Female Corrin.
2. Make ZSS's design a combo between brawl's, smash 4's, and main Metroid designs.
3. Make Zelda's a mesh of her current design and Twilight Princess
4. Change Link to the green tunic
5. Make Wario have overalls as default

Top Bottom