• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could change a veteran’s Final Smash, what would you change it to?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If there’s already a thread for this, please shut this one if need be. That said:

When I saw this video, I instantly thought of making this thread first thing. If you could change the Final Smash of veterans you feel like need the change (only rule is that only :ultlucina: and :ultdarkpit: are eligible Echo Fighters), what would you change them to? Examples I’d like to provide from the video:

-:ultdk:: Arcade (2:08 of the video)
-:ultpichu:: Electric Terrain (3:44 of the video)
-:ultfalco:: Arwing (5:17 of the video)

Lenidem

Smash Lord
I love a lot of those!

For Yoshi's Super Dragon, I would add the possibility to stamp on the ground, so that every transformation in Super Mario World is featured.

And I would transform Young Link into Oni Link, for obvious reasons.

Blutrausch

Smash Cadet
:ultmario:
Mega Mario
Mario becomes Mega Mario and kills anyone he walks or runs into.

:ultbowser:
Giga Bowser
Bring back Giga Bowser.

:ultlink:
Divine Beasts
Self-explanatory for those who played The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

:ultyounglink:
Fierce Deity
Young Link becomes Fierce Deity and can shoot sword beams at a faster rate. It also deals a lot of damage and kills early.

:ulttoonlink:
Ballad of Gales
Toom Link jumps onto the King of Red Lions, plays Ballad of Gales and rides the cyclone while his opponent(s) are sucked up, take damage, and then are launched into the blast zone.

:ultsamus:
Hyper Beam
Hyper Beam from Super Metroid. It seems Samus can canonically use Zero Laser based on Gandrayda's ability to use something like it in Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. Dark Samus could do the same in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes. Still, at the time Final Smash was introduced, Samus' Super Metroid incarnation was in use. Hyper Beam would make more sense.

:ultdarksamus:
Phazon Laser or AU 313
Phazon Laser (DS' Zero Laser) is fine. If SSBU had a better engine to run on, maybe fusing with Aurora Unit 313 would be my choice, preferably her final form.

:ultridley:
Plasma Scream or Space Pirate Raid or Ridley's Escape
I like Ridley's FS, but I wish for non-Samus or non-ZSS characters, Ridley would slam his opponent against an asteroid instead of Samus' ship. Alternatively, Ridley flys back and forth horizontally across the stage using his plasma breath while space pirate ships carpet bomb the stage. Or, Ridley flys in from the background, creating a powerful wind effect to launch everyone off the stage and into the blast zone. Anyone hit directly by Ridley instantly dies. The further you are from center stage, the easier the wind effect will kill you. Jumping guarantees a kill.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
:ultpokemontrainer:
Triple Finish is kind of stupid tbh. I’m giving each a FS.
Squirtle: Squad. Squirtle uses bubble first to “trap” opponent in FS, and then sequence begins. A couple of Squirtles wearing sunglasses come out of nowhere and join your Squirtle who now wears sunglasses as well, then tie the opponent up in ropes, before all of them start clobbering him/her and finish off with a group hydro pump.

Ivysaur uses a single vine whip to trap opponent, slams him/her on the ground and tosses opponent up in the sky as she’s charging solar beam. Then unleashes it to the sky.

Charizard, a cinematic Charizard X/Y attack

:ultsonic:
A spherical burst of energy when he transforms to Super Sonic traps the opponent for the FS sequence to begin. Super Sonic attacks from all sides, before coming down from above full force, slamming opponent to the ground.

GhostM

Phantom
:ultfalcon:
Normal Final Smash with a Twist:
Falcon still possesses his normal final smash, except before he hits the opponent(s) with Blue Falcon on the track, he jumps out of the cockpit and performs his signature Falcon Punch after the opponent gets hit with Blue Falcon, almost like it combos into each other.

Got the idea from the anime of F-Zero, shown by this link. It's not exactly the same since he doesn't do the exact combo, but jumping out of the cockpit like that just to hit a Falcon Punch is cool.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
A minor one, but Jigglypuffs final smash could be changed from Puff Up to Dynamax Jigglypuff.

Another one is Daisy using her specials in Mario Strikers as her final smash instead of Daisy Blossoms.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
id give mario a cinematic one where he tramples over people as a t-rex from odyssey

id want to change peach's as well but im not sure to what, maybe anger from super princess peach but that might be to old for a new one

id also give dr mario one where he traps people in a giant bottle from his game and pelts them with pills (well id cut dr mario but this isnt the time for that)

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
In addition to bringing back transformation Final Smashes for Wario, Sonic, etc., here are a few I'd do:
  • :ultfox:: Landmaster
  • :ultpikachu:: Raichu (only because it's barely been referenced)
  • :ultluigi:: Mr. L
  • :ultyounglink:: Fierce Deity
  • :ultpit:: Three Sacred Treasures
  • :ultkingdedede:: Buff Dedede
  • :ultmegaman:: Super Mega Man/Rush Adapter
  • :ultmiifighters:: Mii Parade
  • :ultsteve:: Creative Mode

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Alright, let's change things up a notch:
  • :ultmario:: Mega Mushroom
  • :ultlink:: Flurry Rush
  • :ultkirby:: Robobot Drill
  • :ultbowser:: (Playable) Giga Bowser transformation
  • :ultpichu:: Electric Terrain
  • :ultfalco:: Arwing Assault
  • :ultyounglink:: Fierce Deity Slash
  • :ultganondorf:: (Playable) Ganon, the Demon King
  • :ultmetaknight:: Galaxia Darkness
  • :ultpit:: Three Sacred Treasures
  • :ultdarkpit:: Lightning Chariot
  • :ultzss:: Gunship
  • :ultwario:: (Playable) Wario-Man
  • :ulttoonlink:: Ballad of Gales
  • :ultpalutena:: Palutena's Army and Heavenly Light

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm not going to bother typing every Final Smash change I'd make, so I'm just going to mention the big ones I wish would happen
  • Change the following back to an older Final Smash: :ultbowser:, :ultdiddy:, :ultmetaknight:, :ultwolf:, :ultpit: (Three Sacred Treasures), :ultlittlemac:
  • :ultmario:: Mega Mushroom Avalanche: Gains the ability of a Mega Mushroom to preform a single ground pound strong enough to cause Brick Block pieces, Goombas, and Koopa Shells (each dealing different amounts of damage and knockback) to fall from the top of the screen for a short amount of time. After the ground pound, Mario reverts to normal size and can try to launch opponents into the falling debris.
  • :ultdoc:: Pill Avalanche: Somewhat similar to the above, Dr. Mario tosses several of his pills past the top of the screen, only for much larger pills to come back down. However, the pills stop falling a lot sooner to compensate for the increased damage and size of the pills compared to Mario's falling debris.
  • :ultpikachu::ultpichu:: Gigavolt Havoc: Unleashes a beam of electricity about the length of Final Destination that instantly knocks opponents away.
  • :ultmewtwo:: Shattered Psyche: Grabs a single opponent within his reach before numerous purple shards surround the grabbed opponent. The shards proceed to assault the trapped foe and anyone too close, and once the last shard strikes, the grabbed opponent either gets sent flying, or, if they reach 85% damage, they get KO'd on the spot like with Ridley's Plasma Scream.
  • :ultdk:: Same move overall, but made to resemble the flurry of attacks used on Slot Machine Barrels and bosses in the Retro Studios DKC games.
  • :ultkingdedede:: The SSB4 Final Smash, but with Masked Dedede, and the bomb being replaced with a Masked Dedede missile.
  • :ultyoshi:: Super Dragon with an added ground pound move, like Lednidem said.
  • :ultfalco:: The Arwing in some capacity, either as a Grenade Launcher/ Gunship-esqe attack, or as just a flying Landmaster. Either one works.
  • :ultwario:: SSBU Wario Man, but on screen and only attacks the first opponent to get stuck by the lunge (other foes can still be hit by the barrage of attacks on the trapped foe if close enough). Lastly, Wario finishes off the attack with a piledrive into the ground (the less references to the waft, the better).
  • Make any cinematic Final Smash that really doesn't need to be one (Blue Falcon and Supernova being the only exceptions I can think of) an on-stage attack.

Top Bottom