• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add two bosses to World of Light, who would you add?

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
I would add Duon for the Light Realm, and Porky for the Dark Realm. Both of them would have their own individual dungeons, and the one for Porky would be a larger scale area dedicated to Earthbound.

Last edited:

NintenGunner

Smash Rookie
I'd throw in Bald Bull (Punch-Out!!) And The Shake King (Wario Land: Shake It!) Due to both series having very little rep in ultimate.

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
They should've brought Porky and Rayquaza back from SSE

My two additional picks would be Duma/Medeus from Fire Emblem and Mother Brain (both forms) from Super Metroid

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Dr. Eggman, simply because for boss material, he's a true icon. Not to mention if we could fight, there's a chance we could've gotten E.G.G.M.A.N. as a music track, or even the Doc Robeatnik remix from Shadow the Hedgehog.

Other than that it'd be a toss up between Sephiroth, because literally any more Final Fantasy VII content would've been appreciated and to get One-Winged Angel in Smash, and Father Balder from Bayonetta because I got really hyped when I saw him as part of the art for World of Light. Though Hades would be pretty cool too, but I've never played Uprising soooo... yeah.

Also Porky because I love EarthBound.

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I miss a Pokemon as boss. I would totally support a big battle, with Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos that in a second moment after you finish them, you fight Lugia.

PF9

Smash Lord
Not necessarily WoL but I would have had a more diverse selection of bosses in Classic.

I would have given Pikachu and Jigglypuff a team of Nidoking and Nidoqueen as bosses, with the one among the two you're not playing as being a CPU ally.

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
Mega Rayquaza from Pokemon (nice callback to brawl AND a good boss) for the light world, you can probably fit him into the sky world. For the dark world, Kraid from metroid was a missed opportunity.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Keeping the balance between light and dark, I'd add Great Sacred Treasure from Kid Icarus Uprising and Metal Face from Xenoblade. Great Sacred Treasure could transform into one of its many smaller (but still relatively large) and faster forms. Metal Face can do what he does as a stage hazard along with a slew of other stuff that makes him more mobile.

Astroking112

Smash Cadet
Rayquaza, to save on development time and give many Pokémon a more fitting boss in Classic Mode.

Sephiroth, to add a new style of boss that's our own size and distinct from the rest. He may add less to the game overall, though, given that it seems to be more difficult to use FF content for stuff like Spirits battles or classic mode. If he were to only be used a couple of times, then I'd rather see Mother Brain from Metroid added.

Last edited:

Tetrin

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-7468-3675-9681
DJ Octavio and Nightmare King Grimm.

Splatoon is a massive success and I think since it didn't get two characters, a boss does it justice.

Team Cherry and Nintendo apparently have a pretty good relationship, and on top of that, the Hollow Knight sequel is a Switch exclusive (console wise).

Honorable mentions go to Ultra Necrozma, Medusa, Porky, Matt from Wii Sports, and Kefka.

Last edited:

SoaPuffball

Smash Cadet
Necrozma not being a boss is a big missed opportunity for Nintendo. It literally is the PRISM POKÉMON plus it is the villain in usum so why isn’t it a boss

DJ Octavio too. See above, I have the same opinion.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Thinking about it, I think the reason Necrozma isn’t a boss is because Ultimate might’ve been far into development in 2017. DLC boss, maybe?
Or just general Pokemon issues. Pokemon just seems like one big legal nightmare.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sephiroth and Rayquaza.

And put one winged angel in the game in the fight with sephiroth

Team Orchid

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 7571 9773 6698
Or just general Pokemon issues. Pokemon just seems like one big legal nightmare.
At risk of derailing the thread can I just rant a bit at how Pokemon was represented by spirits? Like first of all there's no humans anywhere. No rivals, no evil team members, no champions, and no professors. It's just Pokemon. And so many of them get the trait of being weak to something. Not to mention how the power level is all wonky. Why the heck are the bird trio above so many other legendaries!? They should be 3* like the rest of the trios!

Arthur97

Smash Master
At risk of derailing the thread can I just rant a bit at how Pokemon was represented by spirits? Like first of all there's no humans anywhere. No rivals, no evil team members, no champions, and no professors. It's just Pokemon. And so many of them get the trait of being weak to something. Not to mention how the power level is all wonky. Why the heck are the bird trio above so many other legendaries!? They should be 3* like the rest of the trios!
Yeah, but there's more Pokemon than even Mario. They get quantity. Not to mention it seems to have the most legendaries.

Zuby

Smash Journeyman
Twinbellows guarding the Dark Realm and Necrozma as the true final boss

DBPirate

Smash Apprentice
Giygas and Hades would be my picks, though ideally all of the bosses from Brawl, including Tabuu would have returned as well. That's where I thought they were going with World of Light but ah well.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
Obviously I would bring back Tabuu, but I have an another idea, which could be great but also weird : the Colossal Immortal from DaemonXMachina Prototype Missions. Maybe it would work better as a stage hazard from this game, but imagine, the Immortal is in the background, it shoots missiles at you, it runs at you, and for destroying it, sometimes it tries to crush you by jumping where you are. If you dodge it, there will be weak points that you have to hit. But, there will be flying drones trying to shoot you down.

That could be awesome !

Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, since he's my favorite Mario antagonist.

Underrated, but I think Doshin the Giant would be a cool pick. I imagine it being like, he just wanders around on stage, but if he takes too many hits he turns into Jashin and trashes whoever attacked him.
I rather imagine Doshin as an Assist Trophy that if hit to much become Jashin.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
If we are adding new 1st party bosses
DJ Octavio & Giygas

If we are adding new 3rd party bosses
Eggman & Pyscho Mantis

If we are bringing past bosses back
Tabuu & Duon

Last edited:

BVQ2019

Smash Rookie
I'd say Eggman but with his fighting suit from Sonic the Fighter, or Neo Metal Sonic.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Here is my boss suggestions, but with dungeons to balance it out

Giratina would be a new boss, with it's own dungeon, resembling Saffron City. This dungeon would also have you free Lugia (if it's playable), but also new spirits like Tyrantrum, Zebstrika, Beedrill, Cyndraquill, Sea Pipe Statue and Midbus (if this dungeon was added)

The Other boss idea would be the Ender Dragon, but only if Steve gets added, and she (yes the Ender Dragon is female) would be found in the Minecraft Dungeon, were you have to free Fawful, Dixie Kong, Midna, :ultpiranha:, Joker and Steve (if Fawful, Dixie Kong, Midna and Steve are playable, and you have to get Piranha Plant and Joker by freeing them), plus a lot of Minecraft spirits to free.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Metal Gear Ray(For Rules of Nature obviously) and Metal Face.

Eggman/Wily is the obvious choice for one of them, but I thought I'd throw something out that hasn't been said as much.

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
I would have liked to have seen Tabuu, Duon, Rayquaza, and Porky, and Master Core so we could have all previous bosses. I would have said the Ridleys from Brawl, but their appearance is kinda complicated by playable Ridley. Now for the second part.

Upgrade the Wily AT by giving him a lifebar so he could also be the boss for Mega Man and Sonic's Classic Run.

It would have been nice if all eight original series repped had bosses with lifebars, so who do we have left?

Yoshi - Baby Bowser? Kamek?
Metroid - Mother Brain plus second form
Pokemon - The aforementioned Rayquaza
StarFox - Andross
Donkey Kong - Tiki Tong? Lord Fredrik?

codentia

Smash Rookie
Andross [like Dracula, Andross could have two phases: the first is the version of Andross encountered in 64 then once his HP is depleted, the second phase begins with him becoming the true form Andross, i.e. the brain and two eyes]

Rayquaza [also like Dracula, Rayquaza could have two phases: 1st is regular Rayquaza and after you've depleted its HP, the 2nd is Mega Rayquaza]

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I think the only boss that really is being MIA is Eggman, due to how much smash material he is. I would wish for him to have full quotes and taunts in his boss battle because his personality is almost all of the character.

That being said, a pokemon boss would been cool. with either a two phased Giratina battle starting against standar forme on a altered spear pillar stage, and then dropping into the disortion world and going against origin forme giratina.

I also would love if more bosses would been used on classic endings. dracula vs ganondorf, Samus vs marx, metaknight vs ganon, or Robin vs Rathalos.

i wouldn't mind rayquaza coming back only if he gets updated with more attacks, and then he gets a second mega rayquaza phase...
on SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Honorable mentions a kraid battle would been hella cool, and he s also a boss with personality. (plus let's get real, kraid is never gonna be playable. if we would start changing metroid characters that much to make them playable i would want mother brain instead :V or even baby metroid <3) A porky battle. (i don't feel gygas would work too well as a boss battle) and... if the black night isn't echo material, he could be a fun human sized boss battle.

Top Bottom