• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add two bosses to World of Light, who would you add?

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Non canon bosses would be cool. Soul Bosses from Kirby would blow my mind.
I still kinda wish there was a Boss Rush mode and, like with more recent Kirby Games, you could play it on different difficulties, and even have EX versions of the bosses.
Honestly, I really don't understand why Galleom was a boss while Tabuu was just a spirit, it should have been the other way around. Fighting Tabuu just before Galeem and Dharkon in the true ending would have been great.
They're saving him for WoL DLC, when he absorbs Galeem and Dharkon's cores, and becomes Tabuu Ultimate!

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Rugal Bernstein from The King of Fighters and Geese Howard from Fatal Fury.

Last edited:

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
I still kinda wish there was a Boss Rush mode and, like with more recent Kirby Games, you could play it on different difficulties, and even have EX versions of the bosses.
I'm honestly surprised they didn't bring back the boss rush mode from Brawl. Especially since both these games have 10 different bosses.

(I also wish there was a way we could replay that one special momemt before WoL's final boss again, besides doing a second playthrough)

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'd add Zero from the Kirby games and Dr. Eggman, with the robot from the Death Egg Zone of Sonic 3 and Knuckles, the one with the giant fingers. It would have a side scrolling section where the player must attack the giant machine as they go just like in Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
Necrozma and Dr. Eggman.

I also think that it'd have been cool to see "infected" versions of the bosses in the final boss rush, like if their bodies were only made up of Galeem wings/Dharkon tentacles. Would've probably taken more effort that it'd be worth, but it would've made some sense IMO and would've been cool to see.

Motolmang

Smash Rookie
I really really wanted Nightmare to be upgraded from assist trophy to boss but I got Marx, so whatever. Kraid would have been cool but seeing him back in brinstar depths is nice. There's a lot of possibilities that would have been nice additions but that's a lot of work to put in over the playable characters.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Clone Ridley, with a battle similar to his Subspace Emissary counterpart.

I know that Ridley is playable now, but seeing how different versions of Bowser and Ganondorf are bosses, it would have been pretty cool for another incarnation of Ridley to be a boss as well.
I'd say nuts to that, there's plenty of other Metroid bosses. But...Ganondorf and Bowser DID also get to be bosses after a fashion.

They could have made the boss version just be Omega Ridley.

Still would prefer Mother Brain though.

Last edited:

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
Dr Eggman is one of my favorite video game villains. Bring him IN THERE. Maybe even pair him up with Dr Wily for an evil genius beatdown!

I'd love Bashmaster from Tropical Freeze--definitely a standout boss. I'm surprised Whispy Woods isn't one, but I guess he makes an appearance in two stages so that's enough.

MintMaestro

Smash Rookie
There's a trope that is when the most powerful hero/villain of the previous adventure is showcased to be much weaker than the next one. It's just a case of the Worf Effect, and having Tabuu getting to be just a sideboss would showcase how much stronger Galeem is.
That sounds pretty cool, but I'd be sooner to just let Tabuu stay and shine in his own game. The whole "old villain coming back only to be a pushover compared to the new guy" trope is a little overused, I think.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
I guess my boss list would go like this

Smash History
Tabuu - He was the final boss of Subspace, so I feel he should have come back over Galleom as he has an equal importance to Master and Crazy Hand.

Master Core - Same deal with Tabuu, lets just get all the final bosses together with Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Tabuu, Master Core, and the new ones.

Subspace Returnees
Porky
Rayquaza

New Bosses
Egg Man - I’m surprised that Eggman wasn’t a boss given that 3rd parties would get some. Eggman could bring so many different machines that’s he’s built to attack the player. If any 3rd party deserved a boss in Smash, Sonic would be the one, so it’s baffling that a franchise with no character and the newest 3rd party get bosses but not Sonic.

DJ Octavio - Splatoon is huge and was a big headliner in the new title, so I think it should have had a boss, one that would really bring in the ‘fresh’ style. I think Octavio is perfect as he is a big target with many different attacks, plus remixes of the battle songs would be killer.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Master Core - Same deal with Tabuu, lets just get all the final bosses together with Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, Tabuu, Master Core, and the new ones.
Master Core kinda sucks as a boss though. And given that he's, like, 3 boss fights in one, that's 3 other entire bossfights you don't get to have because you put him in instead. I'd rather have the 3 bosses from other games instead.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Honestly, I really don't understand why Galleom was a boss while Tabuu was just a spirit, it should have been the other way around. Fighting Tabuu just before Galeem and Dharkon in the true ending would have been great.
SSBU is a month old. Please be careful with spoilers by using a spoiler tag in the future.

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I'd be happy to see Mother Brain.

Porky would have been a great addition as well. Sakurai & Co. made it happen before.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
SSBU is a month old. Please be careful with spoilers by using a spoiler tag in the future.

Code:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I'd be happy to see Mother Brain.

Porky would have been a great addition as well. Sakurai & Co. made it happen before.
Sorry, I don't actually know how to do spoiler texts.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Akuma. I’d make him Ryu,Ken, and Little Mac’s classic mode boss. He’d be Giga Bowser type boss, with Ryu’s full moveset.

I’d like Sephiroth as a boss, but that would be a long shot.
I still think it's pointless to make a character that could totally be a playable fighter as a boss. Bosses are just as much work as a character, so if you're going to make a character that's already playble sized a boss, you might as well just make them a character.

Akuma could obviously be a character(but shouldn't be, because we don't need 3 SF characters in a row being shotos), and as for Sephiroth, obviously he could be playable, unless you're talking about Safer Sephiroth, in which case, yes, totally that should be a boss.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I should mention Super Dimentio and Magolor would be excellent bosses. I was a bit taken back when I found out they weren't in since I speculated there might be lots of bosses.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I still think it's pointless to make a character that could totally be a playable fighter as a boss. Bosses are just as much work as a character, so if you're going to make a character that's already playble sized a boss, you might as well just make them a character.

Akuma could obviously be a character(but shouldn't be, because we don't need 3 SF characters in a row being shotos), and as for Sephiroth, obviously he could be playable, unless you're talking about Safer Sephiroth, in which case, yes, totally that should be a boss.
Was talking about Safer Sephiroth.

Akuma was a boss in SF2. Unless I’m remembering wrong he wasn’t playable unless you hack. It would accurately represent him from that game since he was a broken character that wasn’t meant to be playable.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Was talking about Safer Sephiroth.
Then absolutely. In fact, this should have been revealed to be Galeem's true identity.

Just like this should have been Dharkon's true identity.

Akuma was a boss in SF2. Unless I’m remembering wrong he wasn’t playable unless you hack. It would accurately represent him from that game since he was a broken character that wasn’t meant to be playable.
That's not really the point. Ganondorf and Ridley have never been playable in their own games either. The point is, if you go to all the trouble to create a moveset for a character that's no bigger than Ryu, then there's no reason not to just make that a playble character instead of a boss.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dr. Eggman in the Light Realm and M. Bison in the Dark Realm.
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII; make him an AT as well like Rathalos) and uhhhhhhhh

Eggman in any of his machines except the ****ing Egg Viper. That, or Deathborn from F-Zero.
What, you don’t want to hear Mike Pollock telling you to get a load of this in glorious HD?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dr. Eggman in the Light Realm and M. Bison in the Dark Realm.

What, you don’t want to hear Mike Pollock telling you to get a load of this in glorious HD?
But then he’ll do that stupid self destruct attack at the end that takes out a platform ;-;

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
But then he’ll do that stupid self destruct attack at the end that takes out a platform ;-;
“Argh! He’s not gonna get away with this!”

To be honest, I wish more Smash bosses had final desperation attacks like the Egg Viper. They would be cool, so long as they couldn’t kill you.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Then absolutely. In fact, this should have been revealed to be Galeem's true identity.

Just like this should have been Dharkon's true identity.

That's not really the point. Ganondorf and Ridley have never been playable in their own games either. The point is, if you go to all the trouble to create a moveset for a character that's no bigger than Ryu, then there's no reason not to just make that a playble character instead of a boss.
But it’s based off Ryu. It’s not like it’s a brand new moveset, granted a few changes. It’s like bowser to Giga Bowser. But I get what you’re saying.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII; make him an AT as well like Rathalos) and uhhhhhhhh

Eggman in any of his machines except the ****ing Egg Viper. That, or Deathborn from F-Zero.
I'd actually prefer Eggman to be in the Egg Viper, or really any of his major (i.e. final boss) contraptions where you can actually see him in the cockpit.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
I'd add Porky and a Metal Gear, probably Metal Gear REX if I had to pick. Both would probably be easy to implement since their models and animations already exist in some form.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Baffled why there wasn't any Pokemon boss at all given how big the franchise is. Rayquaza would be a good pick as a callback to the SSE - he could also mega evolve after he's down to half health. RayRay would also slightly make up for the lack of a Gen 3 fighter or stage.

As for the second boss, my personal bias says add someone from Pikmin (Titan Dweevil or the Plasm Wraith would do), but it'd honestly be nice to just have Porky back, and it's a shame they didn't include him.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Baffled why there wasn't any Pokemon boss at all given how big the franchise is. Rayquaza would be a good pick as a callback to the SSE - he could also mega evolve after he's down to half health. RayRay would also slightly make up for the lack of a Gen 3 fighter or stage.

As for the second boss, my personal bias says add someone from Pikmin (Titan Dweevil or the Plasm Wraith would do), but it'd honestly be nice to just have Porky back, and it's a shame they didn't include him.
Honestly with Ultra Necrozma being tied to light, he could have been a good boss for Galeem. I'm coming up with more than two bosses here now though.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Hmm, if Eggman got in, he'd probably be in the Death Egg Robot as that is probably the most famous mech. Big Arms and Dragoon may also be up there.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hmm, if Eggman got in, he'd probably be in the Death Egg Robot as that is probably the most famous mech. Big Arms and Dragoon may also be up there.
My problem with the Death Egg Robot (both the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 version, its Sonic Generations iteration, or the contraption of the same name in Sonic Forces) is that you can't actually see Eggman in there. In spite of my love for Sonic Heroes, the Egg Emperor has the same issue. Same goes for the Kyodai Egg Robo from Sonic & Knuckles (yes, it's a different machine from the one in StH2), the final boss of Sonic Advance 2 (I don't know what that is named), the Egg King from Sonic Rush, and the Egg Wizard from Sonic Rush Adventure (though it's possible that the only reason we don't see Eggman in there is the graphical limitations of the original DS). If we're going to have a boss fight with Eggman in Smash, I’d rather have him using a machine where we can see him doing stuff like operating the controls, yelling taunts and insults at his opponent (bonus points if he has special lines for fighting Sonic), boasting about how powerful and dangerous his machine is while he's attacking, panicking a bit when his opponent gets close, expressing frustration and rage when he gets hit, laughing and gloating when he scores a hit, et cetera. Some of his contraptions that I feel would be suitable for a boss battle include the Big Arm from Sonic the Hedgehog 3, the Psyco Egg from Sonic CD (yes, the misspelling is intentional), the Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure, the Egg Dealer from Shadow the Hedgehog, the Egg Wyvern from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, the Egg Dragoon from Sonic Unleashed (though it is admittedly tough to see Eggman operating it), and the Nega-Wisp Armor from Sonic Colors.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
My problem with the Death Egg Robot (both the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 version, its Sonic Generations iteration, or the contraption of the same name in Sonic Forces) is that you can't actually see Eggman in there. In spite of my love for Sonic Heroes, the Egg Emperor has the same issue. Same goes for the Kyodai Egg Robo from Sonic & Knuckles (yes, it's a different machine from the one in StH2), the final boss of Sonic Advance 2 (I don't know what that is named), the Egg King from Sonic Rush, and the Egg Wizard from Sonic Rush Adventure (though it's possible that the only reason we don't see Eggman in there is the graphical limitations of the original DS). If we're going to have a boss fight with Eggman in Smash, I’d rather have him using a machine where we can see him doing stuff like operating the controls, yelling taunts and insults at his opponent (bonus points if he has special lines for fighting Sonic), boasting about how powerful and dangerous his machine is while he's attacking, panicking a bit when his opponent gets close, expressing frustration and rage when he gets hit, laughing and gloating when he scores a hit, et cetera. Some of his contraptions that I feel would be suitable for a boss battle include the Big Arm from Sonic the Hedgehog 3, the Psyco Egg from Sonic CD (yes, the misspelling is intentional), the Egg Viper from Sonic Adventure, the Egg Dealer from Shadow the Hedgehog, the Egg Wyvern from Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, the Egg Dragoon from Sonic Unleashed (though it is admittedly tough to see Eggman operating it), and the Nega-Wisp Armor from Sonic Colors.
He can still taunt even if not visible so he still can have most of that. Besides, not being visible or at least being enclosed might show he's getting better at designing his mechs.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
See, I'd personally prefer Porky, Louie riding the Titan Dweevil, and Dr. Eggman to be playable characters at some point in the future. As such, my two choices for bosses would be as follows:

Perfect Chaos (Sonic Adventure 1) - This would be the Dark World boss, and would be fought in a large, wide arena resembling the ruins of Station Square with several floating and suspended platforms comprised of broken roads, cars, can buildings, which can be picked up and destroyed by some of Perfect Chaos's attacks. The floor is lava rushing water which damages fighters on contact. Perfect Chaos itself is mostly stationary, taking a large portion of one side of the screen. It would use its lasers, tentacles, waves of water, and chunks of debris to attack. The platforms it destroys with its attacks do not respawn, so as to emulate the sense of urgency and effective timer created by Super Sonic's slow loss of rings in the original game.

Plasm Wraith (Pikmin 3) - This would be the Light World boss, and it would be fought in a flat arena with short walls resembling the Formidable Oak. The Plasm Wraith would divide itself and shapeshift into its various forms from Pikmin 3.

I chose these two bosses as they are both liquid-based bosses that each provide a unique boss experience different from the bosses already in the game (a stationary boss that damages the environment, and a shapeshifter not relegated to just two forms, respectively).

Last edited:

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
He can still taunt even if not visible so he still can have most of that. Besides, not being visible or at least being enclosed might show he's getting better at designing his mechs.
A good way to solve the issue is just to have a two phase battle. The first phase should be the super easy Egg Man flies in the egg carrier and swings the ball around. Once defeated, he brings out the Death Egg Robot , thus making Eggman clearly visible and fun to fight.

Top Bottom