• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add two bosses to World of Light, who would you add?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sephiroth (Final Fantasy VII; make him an AT as well like Rathalos) and uhhhhhhhh

Eggman in any of his machines except the ****ing Egg Viper. That, or Deathborn from F-Zero.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captain Onishima (Jet Set Radio is a great game and I'm soo disappointed there's not even spirits of Jet Set Radio in the game)

And
as a boss. just for the memes lol

TerminatorLOL

Smash Journeyman
For a new boss I have liked the idea of Perfect Chaos from Sonic Adventure.

But now I think it would have loved to see Tabuu and/or Master Core back again. That way we could have had all of Smash's final bosses in one game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There's only one boss I can think of adding, and that's Metal Sonic.

Here's how he would work:
This two phase boss fight would take place on Stardust Speedway (Bad Future), based on its appearance in Sonic Generations. The first phase is against the Metal Sonic in his normal form while the Sonic Generations remix of Stardust Speedway plays in the background. This phase is simple, easy and goes by quickly due to Metal Sonic's low amount of health. Upon defeat, Metal Sonic will transform into the form he takes as the final boss of Sonic Heroes.

H0L0CENE

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5048-8462-1228
Dimentio from Super Paper Mario, since he's my favorite Mario antagonist.

Underrated, but I think Doshin the Giant would be a cool pick. I imagine it being like, he just wanders around on stage, but if he takes too many hits he turns into Jashin and trashes whoever attacked him.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Bosses are the one area I think Ultimate is still a bit lacking. Every Nintendo franchise with multiple playable characters that has suitable bosses SHOULD have a boss at this point. And 3P franchises should have a boss if they have a boss that is especially iconic.

That includes:
Metroid - Mother Brain
Star Fox - Andross
Kid Icarus - Medusa
Earthbound - Porky
Pokemon - Either bring back Rayquaza, or upgrade to a better choice, like Arceus or Giratina
Fire Emblem - I dunno, one of them Dark Dragon-type bosses
Metal Gear - Metal Gear REX piloted by Liquid
Sonic - Death Egg Robot piloted by Eggman
Mega Man - Wily Machine piloted by Dr. Wily
Final Fantasy - Safer Sephiroth

So I'd love to see any of those, with Mother Brain and Andross probably being my top two picks.

I'd also probably swap out Galleom for someone else. Including Galleom would have been fine if they were bringing back all the Brawl bosses as a sort of "Everyboss is here!" push. But the fact that Galleom got in, while bosses like Porky and Rayquaza didn't is pretty galling.

M. Bison and anything from Metroid.
I imagine if they added Bison, he'd just be a playable character. Given that he's not particularly large or immobile, there's no reason he'd have to be a boss.

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I only need one.
I was always speculating that Hades was was going to be a boss that actually spoke to you and had unique dialogue for every single character. Kind of feels like a wasted opportunity now.

If I really wanted a second choice though, Eggman in Egg Dragoon then, alongside the music from Unleashed.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Of the bosses I listed out in this post, my three most wanted are all sonic bosses, of which I'm okay with receiving just one of. The bosses in question are Egg Dragoon (as ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos above already pointed out), E-101 Beta MKII from Sonic Adventure, and the Diablon mech from Shadow the Hedgehog.

For my non-sonic boss that I'd be adding in this scenario, it's a toss-up between Metal Gear REX and Necron (FF9).

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I always thought it was a waste to not make Metal Face an actual boss in Shulk’s Classic Mode and WoL, considering how they could’ve easily reworked his stage boss animations and they wouldn’t need to make a new model from scratch.

Besides Metal Face, a Final Fantasy boss would’ve been cool to see. Someone like Gilgamesh or Kefka would’ve been fun to fight against, or perhaps Omega.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Pikmin is getting ignored on here as well.

Titan Dweevill

Pikmin got pretty neglected in Ultimate, so I think getting one of the series more iconic and tough bosses could be fun. The titan armored like spider wields four weapons and would make for an interesting boss battle where you'd want to destroy the weapon your character is more vulnerable to as their attack patterns vary.

Medusa

While I would of liked her playable, getting our first major (sorry Wendy) female villain somewhere on the roster even as a Boss would be pretty nice. Dark Samus I guess could count, but I think a giant snake haired lady wielding dark magic would be a pretty awesome fight and really help fill in for some of the "All Female" classic mode routes for a fitting end.

I'd also cut Giga Bowser and Galleom as trash filler when we have actual solid bosses from actual series like a Legendary Pokemon, King Boo, Porky, King Hippo, Black Knight, Eggman, etc.

s07195

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 4502 0980 9128
Ultra Necrozma with two forms maybe, and Eggman in one of his final boss mechs.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Magicarp it will flop around the stage and when it gets 50% damage it evolves into a gyaradose

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Eggman's Egg Mobile, Wily's Wily Capsule/Machine, & Bowser's Clown Car that all combine into 1 big mecha.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Honestly, I really don't understand why Galleom was a boss while Tabuu was just a spirit, it should have been the other way around. Fighting Tabuu just before Galeem and Dharkon in the true ending would have been great.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Honestly, I really don't understand why Galleom was a boss while Tabuu was just a spirit, it should have been the other way around. Fighting Tabuu just before Galeem and Dharkon in the true ending would have been great.
I couldn't agree more. Not exploring a connection between Tabuu and the new villains was a missed opportunity.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think it would be weird for the main antagonist and final boss of the previous Adventure mode to be a mere side boss in here.

D

Deleted member

Personally I would add Eggman in the Death Egg Robot and Grima (like the head of Grima in the final boss fight in Awakening) as bosses in World of Light.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I think it would be weird for the main antagonist and final boss of the previous Adventure mode to be a mere side boss in here.
There's a trope that is when the most powerful hero/villain of the previous adventure is showcased to be much weaker than the next one. It's just a case of the Worf Effect, and having Tabuu getting to be just a sideboss would showcase how much stronger Galeem is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom