• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If you could add 1 more character to Brawl who would it be?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would add either Ridley, or Pac Man. I do not see myself being overly enthused by the latter's moveset, but I think he should have been in as early as possible. K. Rool or Dixie would have been nice, but Diddy was already added, so I think that I would settle for Ridley.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With Smashville being an iconic and integral stage in Brawl competitive, I can think of no character better suited for the game than Villager!
It was a little strange Villager wasn't a newcomer in Brawl as Animal Crossing already grew to be a big and popular IP before Brawl's release. Bowser Jr. would have made sense for Brawl as well as he appeared in many games from Sunshine up until that point.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
It was a little strange Villager wasn't a newcomer in Brawl as Animal Crossing already grew to be a big and popular IP before Brawl's release. Bowser Jr. would have made sense for Brawl as well as he appeared in many games from Sunshine up until that point.
I'd like to imagine that if we got Jr. in Brawl then he wouldn't be stuck in that clown car and he could actually use his own abilities, like retracting into his shell, spinning along the ground in his shell, the magic paintbrush, the weird screamy thing he does in Strikers, etc.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'd like to imagine that if we got Jr. in Brawl then he wouldn't be stuck in that clown car and he could actually use his own abilities, like retracting into his shell, spinning along the ground in his shell, the magic paintbrush, the weird screamy thing he does in Strikers, etc.
While the clown kart is probably more unique, I do wonder what the character would be like as a weaker, but smaller and faster Bowser with a few moves replaced by paintbrush. I might actually enjoy playing Jr had he been done this way.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would’ve brought back Mewtwo if veterans are allowed since it is a very popular character, and I don’t like cuts.

If veterans are excluded, I’ll play the sales/legacy card and pick Villager (I’d prefer Isaac though).
It hit me hard when they cut Mewtwo from Brawl.

While the clown kart is probably more unique, I do wonder what the character would be like as a weaker, but smaller and faster Bowser with a few moves replaced by paintbrush. I might actually enjoy playing Jr had he been done this way.
I prefer Clown Car Jr. over Paintbrush/Shadow Mario Jr. as the Clown Car is a very unique fighter and one of it's kind at the moment as Clown Car is the only thing we have right now coming close to being a mech fighter.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
With Smashville being an iconic and integral stage in Brawl competitive, I can think of no character better suited for the game than Villager!
Given the fact that Animal Crossing was given it's own separate series category, and that Villager was the first newcomer announced for Smash 4 I 100% believe that an AC character was supposed to be in Brawl at some point in development.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Though there are characters I would add before him if I were to expand the roster, I think Brawl would've been the perfect time to add Shadow the Hedgehog. While still a popular character, his fame and relevancy, like Krystal's, was at its peak at this time and he played a big role in 06 (probably the last significant role he ever played in the Sonic series). He came back after originally being killed off and had his own game all within the same decade as Brawl. Hell, he could've been included over Lucas or, more realistically, Wolf.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I have a ton of personal ideas for this. In terms of considered picks: Geno is a really cool one, but I'd totally give a shoutout to Villager and Pac-Man, both of whom could be been really interesting to see in the game. Of the Forbidden 7, I think it would have made sense for Mewtwo to be back, but Toon Zelda & Tetra seems like a good shout too!

Aside from this, the addition of a couple of third parties could have been cool too. Seeing someone like Mega Man could have really revitalised his series before even Mega Man 9 & 10, which would have been a hella cool addition for the time.

Even so, my pick goes to Sukapon. The interactions between Sukapon, Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B with their classic-era beeps and boops seem like such an amazing addition to the Subspace Emissary hehe

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Aside from this, the addition of a couple of third parties could have been cool too. Seeing someone like Mega Man could have really revitalised his series before even Mega Man 9 & 10, which would have been a hella cool addition for the time.
If I had to add another third party and one I'd prioritise over Shadow, I would either pick the original Mega Man as well or go with X, as Capcom had been using him more frequently than classic Mega Man since the early 90s and one of the characters from his series, Zero, starred in his own subseries. The only problem is that is that the more recent X games weren't met with as much praise as the first few.

Last edited:
Top Bottom