• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If we were to have a 2nd FF character, who would you like to have?

Who is your character of choice?

• Total voters

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
It should be either Terra or Noctis tbh. The former starred in the last mainline FF on a Nintendo console until the release of (a version of) the latter's game on the Switch. Both are iconic parts of FF and Nintendo history regardless of how anyone feels about their games, and have obvious moveset potential. I like and want both of them but I would be ok if only one got in. I actually expect at least one of them as DLC if neither is in the base game.

D

Deleted member

Seems i'm the first to vote for my boi Bartz, lol
Aside from the fact that he's my favorite FF protagonist i think that a moveset centered around using different job abilities would be really interesting.
I'd also like Gilgamesh or a Black Mage though

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Honestly two to come to mind for me.

Terra is obviously the first. Beyond being a really cool character and the obvious quality of her game, I feel like Smash should really have someone that embodies the 16 bit and older RPG. Cloud is the major FF protagonist from the series boom with the release of VII and Hero is one that illustrates the entire history of Dragon Quest. But a dedicated fighter paying tribute to those early generations of Role Playing Games feels long overdue and while arguably both her and Crono have the right to that particular status, I think Terra just has that extra bit of character to her that feels like she belongs in Smash.

Vivi is the other possibility. While Terra speaks to one of the best games in the series' history, he is singularly one of its best single characters. A fantastic personal, great battle mechanics, and visually one of most distinctive appearances in Final Fantasy history. It both harkens back to the different mages in the franchise's history while still being just individualistic enough to make him stand out. And ironically while coming from the same console generation as Cloud, FFIX feels like such a contrast from VII, that, like Terra, Vivi would also be representative of a wholly different side of FF than him.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
No Sephiroth.

Yeah this is wack.
This post aged well...

8. Sephiroth just really doesn't seem like he'd fit into the series at all. He almost feels like the exact opposite of what a Nintendo character would be. He ranks eighth place because everybody lower on the list I either dislike or just don't care about.
This... not so much XD

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I don't think we are getting another Final Fantasy character. But Just in case we are Lightning and Tifa!

Top Bottom