• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If they were to add one last patch to the game.....

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main concern is just Duck Hunt's limited KO options, since the duo's smash attacks aren't very reliable. Wild Gunman is basically a roulette, and as such, you have a 1 in 5 chance (assuming that all five gunmen have appeared at least once) of summoning the strongest gunman. My modification simply works as follows...

WildGunmanData1.png

If you get the sombrero gunman, his shots would be the most efficient at making KOs. Whereas, the bearded gunman with the red scarf would make KOs the latest. Of course, even if the weaker gunmen are less efficient as KO makers, their shots can potentially help Duck Hunt deliver finishing blows more easily at the higher damage percentages.

In the end though, the shots do have to hit their target to do anything, which is often easier said than done if the opponent is well-aware of the gunmen.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
Nerf the S tier characters and the current A+ tier would just become the new S tier. It's pointless. This is a really balanced top tier right now and we shouldn't seek to change it. The top ten players in this game all play 10 different characters. That's amazing and pretty much no other fighting game has that kind of diversity.

Also, the use of Duck Hunt's gunmen is to provide pressure, which they do just fine. It forces you to either jump or shield, that's it's purpose and it does it just fine. I don't see the point in talking about buffing Duck Hunt when he's clearly a viable character. At least half the cast is worse than he is right now.
It doesn't matter that you might call the highest tier "S Tier" if they're nerfed. What matters is they're the only characters left, in my opinion, with ridiculous tools and not enough counterbalance. And also, it doesn't matter that the top 10 players all "main" different characters (except Leo basically mains Cloud now), as Cloud and Bayonetta have way too many players doing well at high level, Diddy Kong is currently doing the best and has others to back ZeRo up, and Rosalina...well, I'll let Luma do the talking.
  • For Cloud, it's giant hitboxes with low lag that can protect his mediocre recovery, way too much mobility on top of that, and the whole Limit Break mechanic being simply too good.
  • For Bayonetta, it's the unparalleled ability to take someone from low percents and kill them with a combo, and she has plenty of low-lag moves that are so good that her neutral and disadvantage aren't that bad.
  • For Diddy Kong, it's that he's basically a better version of Sheik, only being worse in recovery but dealing far more damage and killing too early for how good of a neutral he has.
  • For Rosalina, it's Luma having rage, and also having way too much range for its small size and quick, long-lasting attacks. Gravitational Pull also wins her a few matchups, but Luma is the worse problem.

As for Duck Hunt, he really only needs the up-B buff currently. Aside from that, the smash attack and F-air buffs would be appreciated, and the Can, Clay Pigeon, and Wild Gunman buffs would just be small tune-ups to already great moves.

Last edited:

Pillowpet

Smash Apprentice
What if they changed duck hunts recovery completely so it is the same as Olimars with 1 Pikmin(Pikman?):4duckhunt:=:4alph:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I'd buff little mac's side b to make it go the speed and amount of distance it used to go at initial release.
buff the speed of some of Samus's attacks along with the knock back on her d-tilt
Nerf the speed of Cloud's attacks and make them more punishable.
Nerf Bayonetta (too many things to go into)
Buff Ganondorf's jab back to how it was in melee
Also make it so you can choose mii fighters in matchmaking

Last edited:
Top Bottom