• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there were were a Deluxe version of Ultimate that capped at 100 fighters, who would you add?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
just to be clear im referring to the 29-30 some odd slots, not the WoL ones
Upon further research, nevermind. The 29-30 slots were apparently removed in 2.0.0 according to The Cutting Room Floor

D

Deleted member

1. Phoenix Wright
  2. Master Chief
  3. Dante
  4. Frisk
  5. Yuri Lowell or Lloyd Irving
  6. Arle
  7. Jill Valentine
  8. New Pokémon
  9. Octoling
  10. Waluigi
  11. Tom Nook or Ring Fit Trainee
Tried to get a good mix of characters but it’s pretty hard even for a thought exercise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If Echo Fighters don't add to the numbers, there's actually 18 open slots. So I'll give that a go too.
  1. Waluigi (Super Mario)
  2. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  3. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  4. Ashley (WarioWare)
  5. Susie (Kirby)
  6. Decidueye (Pokémon)
  7. Dragaux (Ring Fit Adventure)
  8. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  9. Barista (Rhythm Heaven)
  10. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
  11. Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
  12. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  13. Rayman
  14. Lloyd (Tales of)
  15. Dante from the Devil May Cry series
  16. Kris (Deltarune)
  17. Shovel Knight
  18. Master Chief (Halo)

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If Echo Fighters don't add to the numbers, there's actually 18 open slots. So I'll give that a go too.
  1. Waluigi (Super Mario)
  2. Geno (Super Mario RPG)
  3. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
  4. Tingle (The Legend of Zelda)
  5. Susie (Kirby)
  6. Decidueye (Pokémon)
  7. Dragaux (Ring Fit Adventure)
  8. Isaac (Golden Sun)
  9. Barista (Rhythm Heaven)
  10. Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
  11. Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
  12. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  13. Rayman
  14. Lloyd (Tales of)
  15. Dante from the Devil May Cry series
  16. Kris (Deltarune)
  17. Shovel Knight
  18. Master Chief
Barista, eh?

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
1. Waluigi (Super Mario)
2. Porky (MOTHER)
3. Magolor (Kirby) [I believe he would better represent modern Kirby than Bandana Waddle Dee would]
4. Guardian (Zelda) [Specifically a Guardian Stalker]
5. Dark Bowser (Super Mario) [Semi-clone with very different attributes and completely different specials]
6. Geno (SUPER MARIO RPG) [Yes, that would be his stated universe]
7. Sigma (Mega Man)
8. Reimu (Touhou)
9. Doom Slayer (DOOM)
10. Master Hand (Super Smash Bros.) [Fighter #00, appears first on the CSS, before Mario]
11. Madotsuki (Yume Nikki) [The only fighter not revealed prior to the game's release, not even added to the website until at least a month after launch. She never gets a reveal trailer]

If it was me in charge, this would be what you get. Gimme that sweet, sweet feedback.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
There are so many characters I’d love to see that it’s really hard to narrow it down to just a few. Other than my top three, I feel like my list is constantly changing. Here are my top 11 as of right now:

1) Zegram Ghart (Rogue Galaxy)
2) Magus (Chrono Trigger)
3) Rash/Pimple/Zitz (Battletoads)
4) Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts)
5) Illidan Stormrage (WarCraft)
6) Sarah Kerrigan (StarCraft)
7) Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
8) Gengar (Pokémon)
9) Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
10) Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
11) Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Here's some characters I think would be fairly good, but realistic.

1. Another Mario rep... or maybe Yoshi. Here, I actually have one of two ideas - either Kamek, who sort of fulfils a "mage" archetype, or King Boo as more of a representative of Luigi's Mansion. My own pick, however, is Kamek.

2. A character from modern Pokemon, for which I'm going to suggest Gen 8 even if Gen 9 is out by then - I'm personally going to suggest Grimmsnarl as a particularly out-of-left-field pick what with it having a pretty unique design and a mix of Dark and Fairy moves, though others such as Toxtricity, Urshifu (perhaps with a true stance-change style?) and Cinderace could be solid picks too.

3. A Zelda character. Personally, I'm actually going to suggest a weird pick in the form of Ravio, who would use various items from across the Zelda series in his moveset and thus represent Zelda as a whole moreso than just Link Between Worlds. Even so, picks such as Impa, the various Champions or even Tingle are solid too - though if Ravio weren't chosen, I'd actually go for Lana from Hyrule Warriors, as I can imagine her moveset - being in a way similar to Byleth's in that she'd use all three of her weapons in the game - being the Book of Sorcery, the Deku Spear and the Summoning Gate - being quite original and interesting in comparison to other characters like her. Other picks such as Midna & Wolf Link or Skull Kid could work too, though.

4. A new "retro" rep of some sort, be they first, second or third party. Characters like Ryu Hayabusa spring to mind, but other potential picks could be Excitebike Racer, Mach Rider, or even weirder picks such as Twinbee or Dig Dug. My own pick here is Jason and SOPHIA from the Blaster Master series, due to both retro and modern appeal.

5. An older, but not retro, 1st/2nd party Nintendo character. This, up until now, seems like the least realistic to me - but something I can see being... hypothetically possible. My own suggestions here are Chibi-Robo, Saki Amamiya, Ray MKIII and Isaac, but really any character from between the N64-Wii era could work pretty well. My pick here is Isaac, simply because of fan appeal (though my personal favourite has to be Maxwell, from Scribblenauts.)

6. A literal WTF pick. I'm thinking you could go crazy here - so why not suggest the god damn Wiimote. Seriously. You could actually make a cool moveset for the Wiimote. That aside, another really weird pick could potentially be Frog from Excitebots simply for the resulting meme, though Tetromino would be the logical pick if Wiimote wasn't possible for... whatever reason. (Jokes aside, the Wiimote is my final suggestion.)

7. Our first 3rd party - and I'm going to just say "a SEGA character." As for whether this character would be in the Sonic series or not, however, I'm not really sure. If it is in the Sonic series, I'll suggest Shadow or Eggman as my most reasonable picks, with Knuckles a close third to the pair - though if not from Sonic, this really opens the floodgates in a way. My own suggestions in that case would be AiAi, Akira, Opa-Opa, Beat (personal bias) or maybe even the damn Hornet car from Daytona USA, but able to fight as in Fighters Megamix... though my final logical pick is going to be a decloned Shadow.

8. A new Capcom character. This is a genuinely difficult one for me, because I only think it's reasonable to expect that we'd get one, but it would be between a new series, a new Street Fighter rep, or a new Mega Man rep. Some ideas I have for Street Fighter characters could be M. Bison, who I think could actually be pretty interesting, or Chun-Li to play it safe - Mega Man could potentially include Bass, Zero or even a curveball pick in the form of Wily himself - and a new Capcom character as a whole could be Phoenix Wright, Dante, Monster Hunter or Jill Valentine. My "logical" pick here is M. Bison, though my "personal" pick has to be Bass...

9. Some sort of fighting game character from a new series. For this, I'd say either Fulgore from Killer Instinct, Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, or Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear... though as for which one, I'm not really sure (though I'd stress that Sol would have to be an ArcSys rep similar to how Terry was an SNK rep as a whole.) I think Sub-Zero would be the most reasonable pick due to his ice abilities (as mentioned in a previous post) as well as MK's importance to the fighting game genre as a whole.

10. A general 3rd party pick, such as Ezio, Spyro, or Neku. To be honest, this is just a sort of "toss it out there" pick - I can't help but feel like it's possible that this would be a JRPG rep such as Crono, which would be cool! Neku, however, is my final pick here.

11. A big, fan-favourite pick. I'd put Geno as the big pick here, but Doom Guy, Rayman, Reimu, Master Chief and Crash could be good picks too.

1634063668365.png

Whilst some of my all-time favourites aren't exactly here, and there are some... odd picks here, I think this would be a pretty solid, balanced roster of newcomers. A good balance of weird picks and logical ones works here I think - though I don't think this would be the exact announcement order. I'd say that would be:

Event 1 (Big reveal?)
1. Kamek
2. Neku

Event 2 (Probably a Direct)
3. Jason & SOPHIA

Event 3 (Event like Game Awards or somethin)
4. Ravio
5. Shadow

Event 4 (Another Direct)
6. M. Bison

Event 5 (A bigger Direct, perhaps a special one for Ultimate Deluxe?)
7. Grimmsnarl
8. Isaac

Event 6
9. Sub-Zero

Event 7
10. Wiimote
11. Geno

So... yeah! My own personal picks would differ slightly, this is just my own take on a "plausible" one.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

1. Another Mario rep... or maybe Yoshi. Here, I actually have one of two ideas - either Kamek, who sort of fulfils a "mage" archetype, or King Boo as more of a representative of Luigi's Mansion. My own pick, however, is Kamek.

2. A character from modern Pokemon, for which I'm going to suggest Gen 8 even if Gen 9 is out by then - I'm personally going to suggest Grimmsnarl as a particularly out-of-left-field pick what with it having a pretty unique design and a mix of Dark and Fairy moves, though others such as Toxtricity, Urshifu (perhaps with a true stance-change style?) and Cinderace could be solid picks too.

3. A Zelda character. Personally, I'm actually going to suggest a weird pick in the form of Ravio, who would use various items from across the Zelda series in his moveset and thus represent Zelda as a whole moreso than just Link Between Worlds. Even so, picks such as Impa, the various Champions or even Tingle are solid too - though if Ravio weren't chosen, I'd actually go for Lana from Hyrule Warriors, as I can imagine her moveset - being in a way similar to Byleth's in that she'd use all three of her weapons in the game - being the Book of Sorcery, the Deku Spear and the Summoning Gate - being quite original and interesting in comparison to other characters like her. Other picks such as Midna & Wolf Link or Skull Kid could work too, though.

4. A new "retro" rep of some sort, be they first, second or third party. Characters like Ryu Hayabusa spring to mind, but other potential picks could be Excitebike Racer, Mach Rider, or even weirder picks such as Twinbee or Dig Dug. My own pick here is Jason and SOPHIA from the Blaster Master series, due to both retro and modern appeal.

5. An older, but not retro, 1st/2nd party Nintendo character. This, up until now, seems like the least realistic to me - but something I can see being... hypothetically possible. My own suggestions here are Chibi-Robo, Saki Amamiya, Ray MKIII and Isaac, but really any character from between the N64-Wii era could work pretty well. My pick here is Isaac, simply because of fan appeal (though my personal favourite has to be Maxwell, from Scribblenauts.)

6. A literal WTF pick. I'm thinking you could go crazy here - so why not suggest the god damn Wiimote. Seriously. You could actually make a cool moveset for the Wiimote. That aside, another really weird pick could potentially be Frog from Excitebots simply for the resulting meme, though Tetromino would be the logical pick if Wiimote wasn't possible for... whatever reason. (Jokes aside, the Wiimote is my final suggestion.)

7. Our first 3rd party - and I'm going to just say "a SEGA character." As for whether this character would be in the Sonic series or not, however, I'm not really sure. If it is in the Sonic series, I'll suggest Shadow or Eggman as my most reasonable picks, with Knuckles a close third to the pair - though if not from Sonic, this really opens the floodgates in a way. My own suggestions in that case would be AiAi, Akira, Opa-Opa, Beat (personal bias) or maybe even the damn Hornet car from Daytona USA, but able to fight as in Fighters Megamix... though my final logical pick is going to be a decloned Shadow.

8. A new Capcom character. This is a genuinely difficult one for me, because I only think it's reasonable to expect that we'd get one, but it would be between a new series, a new Street Fighter rep, or a new Mega Man rep. Some ideas I have for Street Fighter characters could be M. Bison, who I think could actually be pretty interesting, or Chun-Li to play it safe - Mega Man could potentially include Bass, Zero or even a curveball pick in the form of Wily himself - and a new Capcom character as a whole could be Phoenix Wright, Dante, Monster Hunter or Jill Valentine. My "logical" pick here is M. Bison, though my "personal" pick has to be Bass...

9. Some sort of fighting game character from a new series. For this, I'd say either Fulgore from Killer Instinct, Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, or Sol Badguy from Guilty Gear... though as for which one, I'm not really sure (though I'd stress that Sol would have to be an ArcSys rep similar to how Terry was an SNK rep as a whole.) I think Sub-Zero would be the most reasonable pick due to his ice abilities (as mentioned in a previous post) as well as MK's importance to the fighting game genre as a whole.

10. A general 3rd party pick, such as Ezio, Spyro, or Neku. To be honest, this is just a sort of "toss it out there" pick - I can't help but feel like it's possible that this would be a JRPG rep such as Crono, which would be cool! Neku, however, is my final pick here.

11. A big, fan-favourite pick. I'd put Geno as the big pick here, but Doom Guy, Rayman, Reimu, Master Chief and Crash could be good picks too.

View attachment 334107

Whilst some of my all-time favourites aren't exactly here, and there are some... odd picks here, I think this would be a pretty solid, balanced roster of newcomers. A good balance of weird picks and logical ones works here I think - though I don't think this would be the exact announcement order. I'd say that would be:

Event 1 (Big reveal?)
1. Kamek
2. Neku

3. Jason & SOPHIA

4. Ravio
5. Shadow

Event 4 (Another Direct)
6. M. Bison

7. Grimmsnarl
8. Isaac

Event 6
9. Sub-Zero

Event 7
10. Wiimote
11. Geno

So... yeah! My own personal picks would differ slightly, this is just my own take on a "plausible" one.
I wouldn’t be too mad about this. Sub-Zero is probably in my top 11 most wanted characters as well. Just out of curiosity, what would be your list if it was just your personal favorites without worrying about being realistic?

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I wouldn’t be too mad about this. Sub-Zero is probably in my top 11 most wanted characters as well. Just out of curiosity, what would be your list if it was just your personal favorites without worrying about being realistic?
To be completely honest, my list probably wouldn't be popular. Here's the lowdown, in no particular order:

1. Beat, from Jet Set Radio or Jet Set Radio Future, because holy hell he has so much potential in so many ways but... his series is dead...
2. Candyman, from the Lethal League series. Again, tons of potential... but maybe more likely?
3. Jason and SOPHIA from the Blaster Master series, they're literally a perfect choice moveset-wise.
4. FF1 "Party", taking the form of a four-character party in the form of Warrior, Thief, Black Mage and White Mage that you can switch between at will with Neutral B. But as one character. The fact that you could have a tier list for one character is hilarious to me.
5. Sukapon, from the Joy Mech Fight game, because... please he's adorable I love him
6. Another SMT/Persona rep - Yu would be cool, but personally I'd love to see a teamup of Jack Frost and Pyro Jack being known as the Jack Bros. with a completely red and black alt based on the Virtual Boy game because that would literally be amazing.
7. Neku, from The World Ends With You, because the potential there just writes itself.
8. Lana, from Hyrule Warriors... she just seems logical to me, somehow.
9. Giegue/Gigyas from Mother/Earthbound, because ELDRITCH HORROR YES, or Starman because the idea of a unique PK/PSI user in Smash could be so cool... especially if the "metal" was like, really liquidy and had really liquidy animations.
10. The Wiimote. Y'all thought I was joking?
11. Some ridiculous pick like Eric Andre just for the hell of it and to literally blow up the Smash community in an instant. Why, you might ask? Why not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh dang, I could also add Gunvolt as a potential choice

Jondolio

Smash Hero

View attachment 334107

Event 1 (Big reveal?)
1. Kamek
2. Neku

3. Jason & SOPHIA

4. Ravio
5. Shadow

Event 4 (Another Direct)
6. M. Bison

7. Grimmsnarl
8. Isaac

Event 6
9. Sub-Zero

Event 7
10. Wiimote
11. Geno

I'd personally swap out M. Bison for Phoenix Wright but otherwise that lineup is a 10/10

zabimaru1000

Smash Journeyman
This list is mostly based on the requests of fans in general with my next most requested that didnt get in:

1) Waluigi
2) Geno
3) Master Chief
4) Dante
5) Crash Bandicoot
6) Isaac (Golden Sun)
7) Bandanna Waddle Dee
8) Doom Slayer
9) Shantae
10) Bomberman

and my next most requested fighter:
11) Kazuma Kiryu (Yakuza)

Velvet Rebirth

Smash Apprentice
1. Whispy Woods (Kirby)
2. Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X)
3. Impa (Breath of the Wild)
4. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
5. Knuckles or Shadow (Sonic)
6. Staryu (Pokemon)
7. Biomass (Carrion)
8. Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear)
9. Galacta Knight (Kirby)
10. Galeem (Smash Bros)
11. Spider-Man (Spider-Man)

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
  1. Master Chief (I want this to start and end with a FPS so that's why he's first. As to why him, I just really like the character and he's really important as a character)
  2. Geno (I'll be honest, I hate the character but I want Geno fans to get the win, the supporters I've seen have been great people and I feel they are extremely passionate for the character [despite how obscure he is, this isn't a big name like Waluigi, this is a one-time character from a game I don't even think did well], I just want Geno fans in particular to be happy, besides I have like 9 slots to myself)
  3. Dwight Fairfield (Dead by Daylight is an extremely popular g... I'll just be honest, this is pure bias, but a DBD character would be great as it's the crossover horror videogame, think it'd be fun to have crossover game in another crossover game and Dwight could have a unique moveset based mostly on self defense and the items and perks of the game. Don't know if I want Meg Thomas, Claudette Morel, and Jake Park as alternate skins or not and let Dwight have more personality, or if it fits to make Dwight "basic" to allow the original 4 to come in)
  4. Beat (Jet Set Radio is a cool game and I think the Stage [possibly with a gimmick of makin every character on it cell-shaded] would be really cool. It's also important as the game that popularized Cell-shaded graphics. Also, the music slaps.)
  5. Jill Valentine (also bias, but slightly less so as if I was completely biased it would be Leon here. Needs to get in so we can fight to this jam)
  6. Crash Bandicoot (my other "I hate this character but I'll give the fans something" character, plus while I don't like him I admit his absence does feel weird)
  7. Dillon from Dillion's Rolling Western (I have no excuse, this is blatant bias and I'm not pretending like it's anything but)
  8. Sub-Zero (we have so many characters focused on fire but not enough focusing on Ice, plus Mortal Kombat is a game of huge legacy deserving to be in.)
  9. Rayman (Ubisoft and Nintendo are close companies, so I want a Ubisoft character in. Plus I like Rayman)
  10. Eggman (Sonic needs another rep and Smash needs more villains, perfect inclusion)
  11. James Bond specifically from GoldenEye 007 (1997)
We're making Deluxe Ultimate, the biggest crossover ever. I think we need a magical character, a literally impossible character, to end off Deluxe Smash. Clearly we need someone important to Smash, to gaming, and that magical touch of "they're literally impossible" so I think Bond would be a great cap off Ultimate once and for all... and if there's a deluxe super Ultimate after this well then Oof but let's have future CheeseAnton deal with that can of worms later

So why is Bond important to Smash, simply he was considered for Melee and even has an item in Melee (kinda, for legal reasons it isn't but it's clearly from GoldenEye 007 even if it doesn't say it is). He was the first 4th party considered, I think that means something.

Important to gaming because it basically made home console first person shooters a thing, The game opened the way for the genre to the console market and is credited for paving the way for the popularity of Halo and Call of Duty. Plus, it's just a really solid game that still holds up

And I don't think I need to explain the "magical touch of "that's literally impossible" for this character, it's James Bond.

As to how he'd look, I think he needs the Steve treatment of being yanked from the game with no changes
1634424051453.png

okay, maybe he can be touched up here and there but he still needs to be blocky, just update the textures to be slightly more clear (to be able to see the face from a distance) and that'd be fine. I just think he needs to feel like he's pulled directly from the Nintendo 64.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1. Inteleon - I Just really like this dude and a Gen 8 pokemon would just be cool in general. They would come with the Galar Wild Area as a stage
2. Kiran - Kiran would just be a unique Fire Emblem rep
3. Euden - Nintendo's breakout mobile game and has ties to Cygames a big company in Japan
4. Gran/Djeeta & Lyria - Another Popular mobile game created by Cygames
5. Amy - A funny Sonic Rep
6. Crash - Crash would be another important character
7. Saber - Fate is a massive franchise and having a smash character would be another fantastic choice
8. Estelle Bright - Me likey Trails, a series that has only increased in popularity over time from one of the oldest Japanese publishers
9. Frisk - Undertale Good, Frisk would come with Mt. Ebott as a stage
10. Octoling - Splatoon good and Octoling as a unique fighter representing Splatoon 2 could be interesting.
11. Jonesy - Fortnite has become a massive cultural icon, He would come with Battle Royale Island as a stage.

Theoretical fighter #101 for the jokes
Space Invader - Iconic as hell, can rep Taito as a whole.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We saw in the final Smash direct that there were a total of 89 fighters. It's an amazing achievement in of itself.

But man, I'm already thinking about the future, and it's got me to think about a potential deluxe version, even though it's not gonna happen anytime soon. So I wanted make this thread.

If there were 100 fighters in the deluxe version, which 11 newcomers would you personally add? You can think wishlisty, realistically, or maybe both. I just wanna see who'd you add.
I'm writing this assuming the limitation Sakurai mentioned about adding co-op chars is out the window. Not in a strict order but the higher they are is the more I want them.

1. DoomGuy(Doom)
2. Zagreus(Hades)
3. Ori(Ori)
4. Akira Howard(Astral Chain)
5. Decidueye(Pokemon)
6. Sub Zero(Mortal Kombat)
7 Skull Kid(Zelda)
8. Bandana Waddle Dee(Kirby)
9. Kratos(God of War)
10. Ryu Hayabusa(Ninja Gaiden/Dead or Alive)
11. Knuckles(Sonic)

If I could add anymore it would Cervantes from Soul Caliber and Geno from Super Mario RPG.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
my 11 newcomers would be:

1st/2nd party rep:
1. Isaac
2. Ninten
3. Grovyle (PMD)
4. Sukapon

3rd party:
1. Geno
2. Alex Kidd
3. Bomberman
4. Rayman
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Club Penguin rep
7. CATS (Zero wing)
ok i decide i would update it a bit i would replace Ninten with Waluigi and replace Alex kidd with Tetromino as they are more recognizable to most people but if i had 2 more spaces i would give it to them
anyway i decided to give reasons for each of my picks

Camelot bros.
90 Waluigi:
He is basically becoming the most requested Nintendo character at this point and he has been skipped over and over again by other Mario characters so its hard to ignore that the Waluigi community is growing more and more each Smash installment so his addition would make so much people happy.

91 Isaac (Golden Sun): Golden Sun series did surpass the million sales even if its regarded as dead series today the fanbase are still pretty much alive and still demands a Golden Sun rep heavily and Camelot has developed many games for Nintendo so its worth to represent them well with Golden Sun series instead of another Fire Emblem character at least this Swordguy McJRPG has been demanded for so long and wont disappoint most people.

Limbless bros.
92 Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight):
Retro rep has been skipped during Smash ultimate and I dont want to see that happen again Joy Mech Fight is The Nintendo 2D fighting game before Smash was a thing the character there have funny look and charm and just like any retro rep we got Sukapon could fit there very well and now since he is an assist trophy after more than 25 years of absence many people have now been introduced to him in 3D and fully alive and he wouldnt be a hard character to develop or complicated like most fighting game reps we got but the fact that he is limbless means he could still do crazy stuff with his moveset and perhaps Joy Mech Fight could finally have fully translated international release giving the chance to everyone try out that game.

93 Rayman: Ubisoft has been getting very close to Nintendo nowdays and develop of some of their games so a Ubisoft rep should come in and Rayman is the character that has been asked the most from that company and his addition could also help many Japanese people to look into Rayman games and get introduced to him more.

So basically Sukapon is for the Japanese community while Rayman is for the Non Japanese community a good deal for 2 lovable limbless characters.

Successful Nintendo series that has 0 content in any shape or form
94 Grovyle (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series):
Some of the best stories and memorable games in Pokemon series comes from PMD series and that series still has no content at all in Smash especially some of the best music there is out there Grovyle is the biggest fan favourite having one of the best stories out there in the whole Pokemon series he is also a grass starter but also capable of using PMD items during the battle including the Time Gear which would bring something new to the table regarding how different he is from the other Pokemon representation we currently have.

3rd Party With Close Ties To Nintendo Long History
95 Bomberman:
Remember all the good mario party games? Hudson soft developed most of those games people loved for so long and they were successful and we know now Hudson is owned by Konami so lets have Bomberman represent Hudson history they deserve it and Bomberman is a gaming icon as well and has been around for like 30 years with a gaming library of more than 70 games.

Iconic Gaming Animals
96 Crash Bandicoot:
He is a rival of both Mario and Sonic in the past and he is a gaming console mascot Mario vs Sonic vs Crash is a dream that through the head of so many people so making this a reality would be a historic moment in gaming also he is highly demanded character now that the series came back from the dead better than before.

97 Penguin (Club Penguin): Now that Disney is on the table the addition of Club Penguin would be a huge thing as it would be the first to represent MMORPGs and that game had over 330 million registered users over the 12 years of its lifespan and being daily active and that alone shows that its way bigger than Kingdom Hearts and it also has a has a big community so seeing Club Penguin rep in Smash would be a huge shock to many who thought its gonna die forever, Club Penguin could basically continue to live on in the future Smash games similar situation to Banjo-Kazooie.

Unexpected Iconic Retro 3rd Party WTF Villain
98 CATS (Zero Wing):
Now here is your WTF character we are going a big step above Duck hunt and Piranha Plant by bringing the unpredictable CATS is basically like Space Invader but with an actual personality he is an iconic villain character that can represent the 2D Spaceship Shooting genre which we dont have yet also Toaplan games has been brought back during recent years and his addition could be regarded as similar to Terry just like he represent SNK as a whole CATS could do the same by representing Toaplan as a whole as Toaplan do have huge arcade library of games it would suprise many people to see CATS in action for the first time as we all know that we have only seen few frames of this character just like Duck Hunt but he could bring unique playstyle to the table based on what we see from Zero Wing, also Nintendo has referenced him twice in their games so they are aware of him.

Worldwide Game Genre King
99 Tetromino (Tetris):
One of the most badly represent gaming genre in Smash is the puzzle game genre with Dr. Mario just being a clone of Mario in fact even FPS genre has better representation with Inkling and Dark Samus however Tetris could fix that it is as big as Mario and Minecraft and Pokemon and its basically the king of the puzzle genre and its recognizable by everyone almost everywhere and the series has been represented in Smash in some way as far as Smash Brawl alongside Sonic and Metal Gear but only with music and also Tetris is known for having so much crossovers during its history including even Star Wars also the playstyle of a puzzle rep would be very interesting to see now that we have someone that is complex as Steve. also i made Tetromino the 99 fighter as a reference to Tetris 99 which i think would fit perfectly for him.

Long Time Fanservice
100 Geno (Super Mario RPG):
He is the last of the big 4 of smash community that hasnt been included yet and also he is my most wanted character of course but also this is a character that could only be bought back to life with the fans effort and demands and even Sakurai wanted him but got stuck in Square-Enix jail for 25 years now that we have Could and Hero and Sephiroth and even Sora the Square-Enix interest barrier should break more easily for Geno to finally comes in and get revived, SMRPG is responsible of creating both M&L and Paper Mario series so SMRPG did serve an important role in Nintendo's history and it was during the time where both Nintendo and Squaresoft were at their best relationship and seeing the SMRPG content back would mean alot for the whole SMRPG community and how hard we have tried to get anything back from SMRPG, also SMRPG does still have serious lacks of contents not even a music or stage despite the heavy demands. Geno would bring unique playstyle to the table invlolving the timed hit mechanic in SMRPG.

Last edited:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
1) Geno (Super Mario RPG)
2) Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
3) Crash Bandicoot (<--)
4) Gruntilda (Banjo-Kazooie)
^My four most wanteds

5) Spyro (Spyro the Dragon), my boyfriend's most wanted

6) Krystal (Starfox), my girlfriend's most wanted

7) Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog), character both of my partners really want

8) Toxtricity, my previously-most-wanted 8th gen Pokemon

9) Ryu Hayabusa, character I was wanting pretty badly, who my boyfriend is also a fan of. I also think Ultimate should've had one more retro rep, which Ryu fits.

10) Waluigi

11) Master Chief, I don't really care much for Halo, or for MC, but he's the biggest gaming icon not yet in Smash. Keeping with the standard Sora set for ending Ultimate with a bang!

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Decided to update my roster a little bit. Here's a mockup I made with the roster maker
Dream Roster 6.png

New characters:
  1. Decidueye (Pokémon) - This is a purely personal pick. Decidueye's been my most wanted Smash fighter since I beat Pokémon Sun for the first time, which was before Ultimate was even announced. It's my third favorite Pokémon of all time. They were even considered by Sakurai as the Gen 7 rep, but Incineroar was picked over them. (which upsets me as I was this close to having my most wanted in the game - if Ultimate's roster had Decidueye instead of Incineroar it would've been perfect in my opinion, but I'm not petty enough to remove Incineroar just because I don't like them) I believe Decidueye would've made for a more unique fighter by having a bigger focus on projectiles, which is why I included them - a roster with Decidueye is one I'd personally have no complaints about, "too many Pokémon" be damned.
  2. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) - Ace Attorney is my personal favorite video game series of all time (I like Pokémon as a world more overall but Ace Attorney games utilize their potential much better), so it would be amazing if it was included in Smash in some form. I'm surprised Phoenix didn't even get a Mii costume considering pretty much every other Capcom series got something. Phoenix would be an unconventional fighter with exaggerated animations that relies on evidence, similarly to his MvC playstyle, albeit handled very differently - no Maya for one, and no "modes" either. That isn't to say Phoenix wouldn't have some sort of unique mechanic, though. (I still need to figure out a playstyle but I think something similar to BrawlFan1's concept for Phoenix would work pretty well all things considered). The soundtrack alone is enough for me to want Nick as a fighter.
  3. Isaac (Golden Sun) - A beloved and yet neglected GBA classic, Golden Sun is still fondly remembered by many, including Smash fans who have been campaigning for Isaac since the Brawl days. I like Golden Sun well enough but I find the sheer love and dedication people have for it to be admirable, and for that alone would love to see Isaac get upgraded to a full fighter. Though his moveset potential is also very enticing - despite having the appearance of a swordsman, he would actually not utilize it for most of his moveset aside from a few tilts and maybe an aerial or two, as he would rely mostly on his Venus psyenergy and possibly his djinn. Also, he would bring another fantastic soundtrack with him (this is going to be a common thread among some of these fighters).
  4. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - Another long-neglected character that's been kept alive by his fans, Geno hails from the first RPG spinoff of Nintendo's flagship series. Like many others, I find Geno's backstory to be absolutely awesome, being essentially a holy spirit that possesses a child's toy (that also has a built-in gun for a hand for some reason). Geno's abilities from SMRPG would translate really well into Smash and would be quite different compared to other arm canon wielders, and his attacks would have an extra punch if you press the button in the right time, similarly to the action commands in the Mario RPGs.
  5. Tails (Sonic) - I grew up with Mario and Sonic flash games on Newgrounds, and also watched quite a bit of Sonic X on TV. One of the main draws of Smash for me was the chance to see Mario and Sonic fight each other, but it always felt weird to me that it was just Sonic. Fast forward to 10 years later and several other third-parties have more than one character, but Sonic oddly enough is still alone. Now, I normally despise adding reps just for the sake of expanding a franchise's representation, but Sonic to me feels like an exception. I really do think it's weird that Sonic is still the sole representative of his series that has so many iconic and beloved characters. And I think the best choice for a second rep is Tails - I know Eggman is the most popular choice these days, and it was actually very tough for me to choose between them as I would love to have another iconic villain join the fray, but ultimately I chose Tails for multiple reasons - him and Sonic are usually treated as a set, he's one of the most iconic video game characters ever despite not being the main character, and he has plenty of gadgets that would differentiate him from Sonic. And on top of all that, he's been my favorite Sonic character since I was a kid, so I feel like I owe it to my younger self to add Tails to my roster.
  6. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - Dixie's absence is, in my opinion, the weirdest absence from Smash Ultimate. Sakurai has gone on record saying that he wants to add more female characters, and Dixie is not just relevant and popular, but she also headlines her own DK game, a distinction that few characters in the actual roster share. We also know she was planned to be in a tag team with Diddy back in Brawl, so she's definitely on Sakurai's radar, and it's not like she'd be that difficult to add, especially with the rise of echo fighters and the addition of King K. Rool. She's essentially the only "Nintendo All-Star" to be missing from Smash IMO. I envision her being similar to Diddy, possibly a Ken-esque echo fighter, but also possibly a Lucas/Wolf style semi-clone.
  7. Rayman (<---) - While I haven't played a ton of "real" video games when I was a kid due to not owning a console, I did know of Rayman and have played a little bit of his games at friends' houses and the like, so if there was ever a third platforming pillar for me after Mario and Sonic, it's him. When I was a bit older I finally played Rayman Origins and loved it, and when the Rayman trophy was revealed for Sm4sh I realized that Rayman as a Smash fighter is a real possibility, and for a while he became my most wanted character. Nowadays he's not that high on my list (mostly due to me not having played a Rayman game in a while), but I do still want him and like Tails, I feel that I owe it to my younger self to have him on my roster. He wouldn't be hard to implement either as Origins and Legends basically gave him a full basic Smash moveset, though I do think the actual moveset should strive to be a little different from that.
  8. Dragaux (Ring Fit Adventure) - I believe there's merit in adding modern Nintendo characters to the roster. As of now, Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain are the two newest kids on the block, and I chose the former as the latter would likely be harder to implement based on what we know about what happened with Rex, plus I've actually played RFA so I know how a character from there would play. I chose Dragaux over Ring Fit Trainee as the latter has too much visual overlap with Wii Fit Trainer, and I believe that Dragaux would be a more unique fighter. He can theoretically use the same attacks as Ring Fit Trainee (he could even be accompanied by Ring - it would make sense due to their shared past together), but his build is signifcantly different so he'd be a heavyweight and his attacks would have an extra punch. He could also use some of the attacks from his boss fights.
  9. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) - Admittedly, this is one character I don't have any personal experience with (although I do own Tales of Symphonia on Steam and plan on playing it one day), but my first Smash game was Super Smash Flash, followed by Flash 2, specifically version 0.8. Almost every character that was in that version is now present in Smash (Mega Man and Sora are now real fighters, and Final Fantasy is represented despite Black Mage not being the rep). The only ones that are missing are Tails, Lloyd, and the Shonen Jump characters. Tails is already on my roster, and I'm not adding the SJ characters for obvious reasons (Plus, ironically enough, the only SJ character in Smash Flash 2 that I care about is Luffy, who was not in that version and was added way later), so I figured why not throw Lloyd into the mix as well, especially since he's also a Brawl era request like Isaac and Geno. Plus, we can't have Isaac be the only anime swordsmen fans complain about! His moveset can be ripped straight from SSF2 for all I care. (I'm sorry if it sounds like I don't care about Lloyd - I always thought he was a cool character, I just don't have any personal attachment to him so I can only be so enthusiastic). Also, more music from Motoi Sakuraba is always welcome.
  10. Waluigi (Super Mario) - This is one character I have less of a personal stake in and am moreso adding because he might just be the most requested Nintendo character. I do think Waluigi is funny and could be hilarious in Smash, but I've always been more of a Wario guy. Plus I will admit that the Mario crew feels incomplete without him.
  11. Master Chief (Halo) - Another character I have less of a personal stake in, but I believe that like Ultimate, this game should also go out with a bang, and I don't think there's a better suited character for that than Master Chief. We may already have two Microsoft owned characters, but neither of them is typically associated with Xbox; Banjo is basically a Nintendo character and Minecraft is multiplat. With Master Chief, the gaming celebration would truly be complete - he's the most iconic video game character to not be in Smash yet, he would represent a major video game genre that doesn't have a playable character yet, AND he's the Xbox mascot. Since Cloud is a PlayStation icon, we would truly be able to finally settle the console wars in Smash, and I think that would be a great note to end on.
This time the spread of first and third party characters is completely even with one in-between character (Geno, who is essentially just a Nintendo character who's owned by a different company).

Last edited:

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Only 100? Okay.

1. Waluigi (Super Mario series) - Just to calm down the crybabies.
2. Tails (Sonic the Hedgehog series) - My vote from the Smash Ballot. It would be cool if he could use his Up Special to carry other players, whether to drop opponents off the stage or help teammates recover.
3. Crash Bandicoot (his own series) - It's a shame that while Mario and Sonic are in Smash, Crash isn't.
4. Spyro the Dragon (his own series) - Following Crash into Smash Ultimate Deluxe. Are Ivysaur and Duck Hunt the only quadrupedal fighters? We need more of those.
5. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series) - Arguably more iconic than Samus.
6. Isaac (Golden Sun series) - Just so that Golden Sun could have an official series symbol for Smash Wiki to use. Though, since I'm limited to eleven spots, I'm not going to add all the missing NIWA wikis to Smash. How can we make a fighter out of a Tetris block? Dragalia Lost requires me to look up to pick a character. I've heard people requesting Andy from Advance Wars. But Isaac's Assist Trophy could get me an idea of what he's like so that's what I'm going to pick.
7. Master Chief (Halo series) - Just give Halo fans what they want.
8. Krystal (Star Fox series) - Let's add another Star Fox character.
9. Shantae (her own series) - She has been very high on the Smash Ballot polls. And her creator really wants her in Smash.
10. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney series) - Let's put a lawyer in Smash!
11. Goku (Dragon Ball series) - I know Smash is for video game characters, but Ultimate's DLC ended with a Disney character, and Lucario first appeared in a movie. Bandai-Namco developed Smash and has the license to make Dragon Ball games. Funimation has expressed support for Goku in Smash. I didn't want Sora in unless characters like Goku could be in. And a move set should be easy considering how many characters have a Kamehameha-styled Neutral Special.

AinsOoalGown

Smash Apprentice
Basing on choices that would still make some degree of "sense" based on 4 and Ulti, I'll try one:

1) Waluigi (for big request)
2) Shantae (said to be a huge request on the mii presentation, great world and moveset potential)
3) Ryu Hayabusa (NES icon thats missing out)
4) Jack Frost (reps all of SMT and its spin-offs at once)
5) Rayman (feels like should be in already)
6) Karate Joe (recurring character from RH which is missing out)
7) Sami (to rep the Advance Wars remake, out there pick)
8) Doom Slayer (iconic game, big request, portential to bring different world and flavour)
9) Phoenix Wright (reps a different genre, handheld icon, potential to be unique and bring new world)
10) Bomberman (huge icon, probably missed out due the Konami competition)
11) Excite Biker (sounds like would be fun, a "proper" first party retro rep)

UserKev

Smash Champion
I honestly wanted to add Cranky Kong to my list, but Cranky isn't a DLC worthy character. He's a character you would discover later in the game or work better as revealed before launched. I'd swop out Agent 47 for Knuckles. Knuckles is totally DLC worthy.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
I went ahead and add reasoning for everything. And since this is for Deluxe Edition of Ultimate, I assume all deconfirms via Assist Trophy and Mii Costumes still apply.

90. Dixie Kong - Komplete the Kong Family
The only Bimblo Scrimblo that I genuinely care about anymore. Dixie is the last piece of the DK family that is truly missing from the Smash series. Wether she's an echo fighter or a completely original character works for me and I assume many others. I think this is an easy crowd pleaser.

They don't need to, but they can give her a stage. I nominate Grassland Groves from Tropical Freeze. I think the "Lion King Musical" aesthetic works naturally well with the dancing animals serving as platforms. My only real request is that this finally gives us the Tropical Freeze OST in Smash that should've been here from the launch of Ultimate.

91. Tingle - The Lethal Joke
Something that's missing in Ultimate is a legitamate joke character. Jigglypuff and Pichu have outgrown their original roles as jokes so I think there is potential for a joke character in Ultimate. I also understand the demand for a new Zelda character. But the problem with Zelda characters is that they're often in one game and were never seen again. Tingle grants the opportunity for both. Now you might be thinking, Tingle is a stage hazard. But that is Majora's Mask Tingle not the Tingle that got his own series of games. And that is where we would pull from. Tingle would essentially be a character who fights with money which he gets by landing hit, the more he has the stronger his potential is. And if he doesn't have money, which he loses by getting hit, he becomes a complete joke. It's basically if the Dr. Faust hat from Devil May Cry 5 became a fighting game character.

Much like Dixie, there wouldn't need to be a wealth of additional content. But it would be welcome.

92. Void - Kirby's Greatest Threat (BTW Spoilers for pretty much the entire Kirby series)
Ok, hear me out. What are the big problems people have with Kirby representation in Smash Bros. Everything is based off the 'Sakurai era' of Kirby while nothing is from the modern/Kumazaki era of Kirby. But there's also very little from the Dark Matter, Kirby's single most recurring nemesis. So what if we added a character that was from the (as of this writing) most recent mainline Kirby game, is the progenitor of Dark Matter (and potentially also Kirby I think), has a moveset that is based off Kirby boss design, and is even voiced by Kumazaki himself.

Like the other two before him, Void wouldn't need a stage. But considering that he is Star Allies 'Demonic Final Boss', It would be fitting for him to get a hellscape arena that suits him, maybe even the Jambastion. I will say that he definitely should come with new music at least. Anything related to Star Allies or Dark Matter works here.

93. Porky - Nintendo's Missing Villain
I'll admit this one is a personal grudge. Porky is the one boss from Subspace that is just simply not in Ultimate for no reason. I thought maybe an Earthbound remake was in the works and that Porky's spirit would be released alongside it. Maybe a dedicated Boss Rush mode that features returning bosses like Tabuu or Porky. But nope nothing. I thought there would be some comeuppance within Ultimate but no. It's a shame cause Porky might be one of Nintendo's best villains and would make for a cool fighter. His mech (should he use one) is a lot heavier compared to Bowser Jr making him a more grounded fighter. Combine that with tools from Porky bots, the Pigmask army, and his boss fights and you get a solid character. I will concede that this spot could work for other potential Nintendo villains like Black Shadow (And I would like it puely for the meme), Hades or Medusa from Kid Icarus or the Chozo Warrior from Metroid Dread, but I nominate Porky for this role.

Porky doesn't need a stage, he already has it. Maybe some more music but that's about it.

94. Mona/A WarioWare Character - Get it Together
Wario is a weird character in Smash Bros. He has three different personas that Smash tries to combine. The rival of Mario, The strongman treasure hunter, and the cheap microgame maker. And I will be the first to say... that I don't think it does it super well. Regardless, Get it Together actually did make the other WarioWare characters, well playable characters with their own abilities, physics, attacks etc. So Yeah put one of them in. My nod went to Mona but really any of them works.

Like with other 1st parties on this list. They don't really need a stage, but could use more music.

95. Ring Fit Trainee - Fresh Faces
Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain both came out in 2019 alongside the likes of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Three Houses. Both have seen success. Ring Fit is currently the 10th best selling game for the Switch and the Astral Chain ip was recently purchased wholesale. Both were excellent games, both have main characters with excellent movesets. But I'm leaning towards Ring Fit Adventurer. If Rex and Pyra were any indication, Akira might have to face the cold reality of game development.

Since these are new series they get new stage and music. Dragaux stadiums make the most natural arena with hazard opportunities. Alternatively, Ring Fit could be part of Wii Fit series as they share many key staff and RFA is a followup to Wii FIt. If that is the case a new stage won't be needed. There are more than enough battle and overworld themes to add to the soundtrack.

96. Andy - The Comeback Kid
Advance Wars IS the most neglected 1st party franchise in Smash for its success. For a 30 year old ip, throughout the Smash series it has received 0 fighters, 0 stages, 0 songs, and the 1 assist trophy it had was cut in Ultimate. It's also ironic when you consider Smash's adoration for it's sister series that Smash fans hate, especially considering how much of FE's success ties back to Advance Wars. Anyway both series fell into a rut during the DS era. AW basically has since died and FE was able to find success on the 3DS. However we are getting a remake this year of Advance Wars 1 + 2. If AW proves a success, it would be a shame to not right a wrong and put Andy or another CO from Advance Wars. Let him a Commander of vehicles while Maintaining them in a summoner playstyle.

Since this is a new series a stage and music would be added. There is an entire franchise from Famicon Wars to Batallion Wars and soon Reboot Camp to get an OST from.

97. Euden - Mr Mobile Gacha
So this is going to be a controversial opinion, I think a mobile gacha game character could be a fun fighting game character. People would point out that Dragalia Lost isn't in Europe. To which I mention that the Granblue fighting game, one that doesn't feature gambling mechanics, is freely available worldwide. And I genuinely do think that mobile games are something that should be celebrated in the Festival of video games that is Smash Bros.
But Euden isn't a character that should shy away from his cursed origins. Translate those mobile game mechanics into his moveset. If you don't he runs the risk of being a McJRPG Guy.

He would get a stage and music. I know there are some potential legal issues with his OST... Irrelevent, we just got Disney in Smash. Daoko isn't going to be a problem.

98. Ryu Hayabusa - Mr. Hacky McSlashy
Ok this is just my most wanted character. I'm not going to say more than I have to. Cool ninja moves, legacy with Nintendo, the character and franchise is active, and Tecmo has a good relationship with Nintendo.

He would need a stage. My suggestion is Sky City Tokyo from Sigma 2. And there are so many songs to pull from throughout the franchise.

99. Arle Nadja - Magic Puzzle Girl
There are two genres in Smash that are sadly poorly underrepped in Smash despite their grand appeal, the first is puzzle games. Dr. Mario is arguably the only traditional puzzle game character in Smash... and he doesn't do puzzles. Unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of options. Panel de Pon/Puzzle League is more or less a dead series. Tetris the big daddy of puzzle games doesn't really feature characters that could be in Smash...unless. Puyo Puyo or as we may more commonly know it as Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is quite relevant, has playable characters, and like Tetris, is popular enough that most people understand the puzzle. How will it all work? I don't know but I'd like to find out.

Imagine if Arle's stage is a board from Puyo Puyo with puyos falling from the sky as hazards. This is yet another series with tons of music potential from over 2 decades of games.

100. Master Chief - Shooty McBangbang
The other genre that is missing in Smash despite the appeal are shooters. Master Chief is still the most iconic FPS character and Microsoft is more than willing to let him in. They already have two other characters, one potentially even bigger than Chief himself. But as the mascot of Xbox, Master Chief is one of the few show stoppers that could match Sora in terms of hype. Use the mechanics of shooters to make a fun character.

Obviously he would need a stage. I would suggest a traveling stages that stops on different parts of the 1st Halo ring. And there is so much epic music to choose from.
I'd also like to give an honorable mention to Octoling. With Splatoon 3 on the way, all sorts of new weapons types and supers will be introduced, leading to all sorts of new moves that they could use... or they can just be an echo fighter.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have also added reasoning for mine.

Decided to update my roster a little bit. Here's a mockup I made with the roster maker
View attachment 334888

New characters:
  1. Decidueye (Pokémon) - This is a purely personal choice. Decidueye's been my most wanted Smash fighter since I beat Pokémon Sun for the first time, which was before Ultimate was even announced. It's my third favorite Pokémon of all time. They were even considered by Sakurai as the Gen 7 rep, but Incineroar was picked over them. (which upsets me as I was this close to having my most wanted in the game - if Ultimate's roster had Decidueye instead of Incineroar it would've been perfect in my opinion, but I'm not petty enough to remove Incineroar just because I don't like them) I believe Decidueye would've made for a more unique fighter by having a bigger focus on projectiles, which is why I included them - a roster with Decidueye is one I'd personally have no complaints about, "too many Pokémon" be damned.
  2. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) - Ace Attorney is my personal favorite video game series of all time (I like Pokémon as a world more overall but Ace Attorney games utilize their potential much better), so it would be amazing if it was included in Smash in some form. I'm surprised Phoenix didn't even get a Mii costume considering pretty much every other Capcom series got something. Phoenix would be an unconventional fighter with exaggerated animations that relies on evidence, similarly to his MvC playstyle, albeit handled very differently - no Maya for one, and no "modes" either. That isn't to say Phoenix wouldn't have some sort of unique mechanic, though. (I still need to figure out a playstyle but I think something similar to BrawlFan1's concept for Phoenix would work pretty well all things considered). The soundtrack alone is enough for me to want Nick as a fighter.
  3. Isaac (Golden Sun) - A beloved and yet neglected GBA classic, Golden Sun is still fondly remembered by many, including Smash fans who have been campaigning for Isaac since the Brawl days. I like Golden Sun well enough but I find the sheer love and dedication people have for it to be admirable, and for that alone would love to see Isaac get upgraded to a full fighter. Though his moveset potential is also very enticing - despite having the appearance of a swordsman, he would actually not utilize it for most of his moveset aside from a few tilts and maybe an aerial or two, as he would rely mostly on his Venus psyenergy and possibly his djinn. Also, he would bring another fantastic soundtrack with him (this is going to be a common thread among some of these fighters).
  4. Geno (Super Mario RPG) - Another long-neglected character that's been kept alive by his fans, Geno hails from the first RPG spinoff of Nintendo's flagship series. Like many others, I find Geno's backstory to be absolutely awesome, being essentially a holy spirit that possesses a child's toy (that also has a gun for a hand for some reason). Geno's abilities from SMRPG would translate really well into Smash and would be quite different compared to other arm canon wielders, and his attacks would have an extra punch if you press the button in the right time, similarly to the action commands in the Mario RPGs.
  5. Tails (Sonic) - I grew up with Mario and Sonic flash games on Newgrounds, and also watched quite a bit of Sonic X on TV. One of the main draws of Smash for me was the chance to see Mario and Sonic fight each other, but it always felt weird to me that it was just Sonic. Fast forward to 10 years later and several other third-parties have more than one character, but Sonic oddly enough is still alone. Now, I normally despise adding reps just for the sake of expanding a franchise's representation, but Sonic to me feels like an exception. I really do think it's weird that Sonic is still the sole representative of his series that has so many iconic and beloved characters. And I think the best choice for a second rep is Tails - I know Eggman is the most popular choice these days, and it was actually very tough for me to choose between them as I would love to have another iconic villain join the fray, but ultimately I chose Tails for multiple reasons - him and Sonic are usually treated as a set, he's one of the most iconic video game characters ever despite not being the main character, and he has plenty of gadgets that would differentiate him from Sonic. And on top of all that, he's been my favorite Sonic character since I was a kid, so I feel like I owe it to my younger self to add Tails to my roster.
  6. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) - Dixie's absence is, in my opinion, the weirdest absence from Smash Ultimate. Sakurai has gone on record saying that he wants to add more female characters, and Dixie is not just relevant and popular, but she also headlines her own DK game, a distinction that few characters in the actual roster share. We also know she was planned to be in a tag team with Diddy back in Brawl, so she's definitely on Sakurai's radar, and it's not like she'd be that difficult to add, especially with the rise of echo fighters and the addition of King K. Rool. She's essentially the only "Nintendo All-Star" to be missing from Smash IMO. I envision her being similar to Diddy, possibly a Ken-esque echo fighter, but also possibly a Lucas/Wolf style semi-clone.
  7. Rayman (<---) - While I haven't played a ton of "real" video games when I was a kid due to not owning a console, I did know of Rayman and have played a little bit of his games at friends' houses and the like, so if there was ever a third platforming pillar for me after Mario and Sonic, it's him. When I was a bit older I finally played Rayman Origins and loved it, and when the Rayman trophy was revealed for Sm4sh I realized that Rayman as a Smash fighter is a real possibility, and for a while he became my most wanted character. Nowadays he's not that high on my list (mostly due to me not having played a Rayman game in a while), but I do still want him and like Tails, I feel that I owe it to my younger self to have him on my roster. He wouldn't be hard to implement either as Origins and Legends basically gave him a full basic Smash moveset, though I do think the actual moveset should strive to be a little different from that.
  8. Dragaux (Ring Fit Adventure) - I believe there's merit in adding modern Nintendo characters to the roster. As of now, Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain are the two newest kids on the block, and I chose the former as the latter would likely be harder to implement based on what we know about what happened with Rex, plus I've actually played RFA so I know how a character from there would play. I chose Dragaux over Ring Fit Trainee as the latter has too much visual overlap with Wii Fit Trainer, and I believe that Dragaux would be a more unique fighter. He can theoretically use the same attacks as Ring Fit Trainee (he could even be accompanied by Ring - it would make sense due to their shared past together), but his build is signifcantly different so he'd be a heavyweight and his attacks would have an extra punch. He could also use some of the attacks from his boss fights.
  9. Lloyd Irving (Tales of Symphonia) - Admittedly, this is one character I don't have any personal experience with (although I do own Tales of Symphonia on Steam and plan on playing it one day), but my first Smash game was Super Smash Flash, followed by Flash 2, specifically version 0.8. Almost every character that was in that version is now present in Smash (Mega Man and Sora are now real fighters, and Final Fantasy is represented despite Black Mage not being the rep). The only ones that are missing are Tails, Lloyd, and the Shonen Jump characters. Tails is already on my roster, and I'm not adding the SJ characters for obvious reasons (Plus, ironically enough, the only SJ character in Smash Flash 2 that I care about is Luffy, who was not in that version and was added way later), so I figured why not throw Lloyd into the mix as well, especially since he's also a Brawl era request like Isaac and Geno. Plus, we can't have Isaac be the only anime swordsmen fans complain about! His moveset can be ripped straight from SSF2 for all I care. (I'm sorry if it sounds like I don't care about Lloyd - I always though Lloyd was a cool character, I just don't have any personal attachment to him so I can only be so enthusiastic). Also, more music from Motoi Sakuraba is always welcome.
  10. Waluigi (Super Mario) - This is one character I have less of a personal stake in and am moreso adding because he might just be the most requested Nintendo character. I do think Waluigi is funny and could be hilarious in Smash, but I've always been more of a Wario guy. Plus I will admit that the Mario crew feels incomplete without him.
  11. Master Chief (Halo) - Another character I have less of a personal stake in, but I believe like with Ultimate, this game should also go out with a bang, and I don't think there's a better suited character for that than Master Chief. We may already have two Microsoft owned characters, but neither of them is typically associated with Xbox; Banjo is basically a Nintendo character and Minecraft is multiplat. With Master Chief, the gaming celebration would truly be complete - he's the most iconic video game character to not be in Smash yet, he would represent a major video game genre that doesn't have a playable character yet, AND he's the Xbox mascot. Since Cloud is a PlayStation icon, we would truly be able to finally settle the console wars in Smash, and I think that would be a great note to end on.
This time the spread of first and third party characters is completely even with one in-between character (Geno, who is essentially just a Nintendo character who's owned by a different company).

Last edited:
Top Bottom