• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there were were a Deluxe version of Ultimate that capped at 100 fighters, who would you add?

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
God, I really hope that Ultimate Deluxe happens. I don't care if it's ten years from now, I just really want them to keep expanding on what they have. I get the logic behind a "Smash reboot" that greatly downsizes it's roster, but that's not what Smash is about imo. Ultimate + minimal gameplay tweaks + more characters sounds great to me.

Anyway, these would be my picks.
Ultimate Deluxe.png

I tried to get a good variety, covering as many bases as possible. When I make rosters like this, I always try to balance big fan favorites, influential characters/franchises, curveballs, and of course, personal bias, which is inevitable when making something like this. However, I made sure to only include half of my six most wanteds (Isaac, Mortal Kombat, Hayabusa), while omitting the other half (Rayman, Toad, Dovahkiin). This way you know that I'm not just adding all of my personal favorites lol. I also tried to balance the 1st and 3rd parties by giving them a 5 to 6 split. While I would have loved to add more Nintendo characters, I do feel that this is the direction Smash is going in. It's become way more than a celebration of Nintendo, but a celebration of gaming. Plus, with how much clout Smash has gained over the years, negotiations are probably only gonna get easier, as 3rd party developers seem to recognize that getting your character in Smash is like getting your character in the "Video Game Hall of Fame." Look at what Smash did for KoF and Persona.

Additionally, there is an emphasis on Western characters, with half of the third parties coming from Western developers, and many of the big requests coming from Western fan polls. I still made sure to include some Eastern-centric characters, but the emphasis on non-Japanese characters was intentional. Smash's core audience resides outside Japan, yet historically, most characters have been meant to appeal to them. Smash has become a celebration of gaming as a whole, and it's good to have a mix of characters who are popular in a variety of regions. North America has the most dense gaming population, so appealing to them also just makes sense.

Oh, I also placed the characters in 'reveal order' in a way that I felt would make for maximum hype. So starting with the "E3 newcomers" we have:
------
The Camelot Bros. (Waluigi, Isaac) - Easy picks. These seem to be the next big fan favorite Nintendo characters. Waluigi's popularity has gone through the roof ever since Ultimate's reveal, and while much of it might be ironic, I don't think that matters. Waluigi finally getting in Smash has the potential to break the internet, which is hilarious considering he's "just another Mario character."

Isaac has had consistent popularity throughout the years, despite the inactivity of Golden Sun. Adding him to Smash would be a huge love letter to fans who have been requesting him since Brawl, and would help revive a series that has a ton of hype and potential, but just needs that extra push. Also, moveset potential is off the charts with this boy. How is it that Nintendo has a mother****ing Earth bender that they still haven't added to Smash? Take a look at all of the awesome stuff that Toph does in Nick All-Stars Brawl and tell me that that shouldn't be in Smash. And Earth powers only scratch the surface of Isaac's potential!

The fact that these are such huge requests that both happen to be 1st party makes them both no-brainers. A great way to start off Ultimate Deluxe with two fan-favorite crowd pleasers. Plus, their connection of both being Camelot assist trophies is a really cute coincidence that could possibly be acknowledged if they were to share a trailer.
------
Ryu Hayabusa - One of the most surprising omissions in Ultimate. Not just in the fact that he wasn't playable, but in the fact that Koei Tecmo as a company got almost nothing. The only content that they got were stuff co-owned by other companies (Hyrule Warriors, P5 Strikers, Fatal Frame), and nothing from their major franchises (Ninja Gaiden, DoA, Dynasty Warriors). On top of being a great KT rep, Ryu's just an important character to gaming being an NES icon who has had successful games in multiple genres throughout the years.

I think that a Terry-esque inclusion that brings in a ton of content from all of KT's biggest franchises would be awesome and a great way to acknowledge one of Nintendo's most loyal partners. In addition to being a main character in NG and DoA, Hayabusa has also appeared in the Warriors games and Nioh, meaning that he could reasonably bring in content from all of those franchises.
------
Crash - Yet another easy pick. I've been very open in the fact that I really don't care for the Crash games. When it comes to scrimblo bimblos, I'm a much bigger fan of Rayman - even Spyro is a lot more interesting than Crash in my humble opinion. However, you gotta give credit where credit is due. Crash is iconic as hell and represents an important era of gaming - the PS1 vs N64. While he isn't nearly as big as the likes of Mario, or even Sonic, there was a time when he genuinely gave the plumber a run for his money. On top of that, the Crash games have made a huge comeback, with the Bandicoot becoming much more mainstream as of late. Also, unlike Rayman, the Crash games are successful all over the world. Despite being a Western character, his Japanese presence is surprisingly decent.
------

Crash would be last E3 newcomer. The following characters would be revealed in a variety of Smash directs, Nintendo directs, etc.

Jill Valentine - Crazy that the only new Capcom character added to Ultimate was a single echo fighter. This company is oozing with options, to the point where I could fill this entire lineup with eleven Capcom characters and it would be one of the best batches of newcomers ever. However, I felt that it would be more reasonable to stick to just one.

I was never super enthusiastic about the idea of Resident Evil being added to Smash. I don't really love the horror genre, and between characters like Dante, Phoenix, Zero, Chun-Li, Morrigan, etc...a police officer just doesn't sound that exciting. However, I've really warmed up to the idea. Resident Evil is both Capcom's most successful franchise (by far), as well as the most successful franchise in the survival horror genre. It's importance speaks for itself. Plus, there's a lot of cool stuff that you could do with an RE character by giving them a moveset that focuses on resource management, emphasizing the 'survival' in 'survival horror.'

In terms of which RE character to add, Leon and Jill seem like the best choices. Jill for being the OG, and Leon for being the most "Nintendo." I went with Jill out of personal preference. I love her design, and you could even borrow some moves from MvC2 to make her extra flashy. Also, this would be our very first female third party character, which is nice.
------
Octoling - Only adding five Nintendo newcomers is really difficult. It's hard to make room for "obligatory FE swordsman," and "Gen 9 Pokémon" with so few slots. On top of that, I prefer to add things from brand new series, meaning that I'd rather not prioritize well-repped franchises. However, I knew that I should add something from one of Nintendo's major franchises. I considered Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Metroid, or even another Mario character, but I felt that those series already have pretty good representation, as much as I'd love Toad, Bandana Dee, Dixie Kong, etc. I was very close to adding something from Zelda, as they are definitely overdue for a newcomer, but alas, I felt that one series made more sense than any other - Splatoon.

Splatoon has been growing like crazy. Splatoon was one of the main reasons to buy a Wii U, and Splatoon 2 is one of the best selling games on the Switch. Splatoon 3 is already on its way and it's easy to see that this series has a bright future. One character honestly feels really small for a Nintendo series with this much clout. The Octolings are the perfect choice for a newcomer, as they are pretty much as important as the Inklings.

Moveset-wise, they could easily be echoes, but I feel the semi-clone route would make the most sense. The arsenal of weapons in Splatoon is massive, with the Inklings only representing a fraction of what there is to offer. You could just sub the splattershot with the octoshot, inkbrush with the octobrush, etc., but I don't feel that would do the series justice. Replace the splattershot with the dualies, changing up a lot of their tilts and aerials and making their neutral B a hybrid between Inkling's neutral B and Joker's gun. Replace the roller with the charger, giving them an entirely different side B. Swap out the splat bombs with one of Splatoon's many other sub-weapons. Incorporate the splat brella and splatling into their Smash attacks. The Octoling could still have roughly the same run, jump, weight, mobility, etc. and would naturally share the ink mechanic with Inkling. Not only would this make development a lot simpler, but it would also be an appropriate representation of the character. All of this would make for a great Isabelle-esque semi-clone that would be a fairly simple addition, while also greatly expanding the representation of one of Nintendo's most important franchises.
------
Dr. Eggman - I was iffy on this one. There are a lot of great options for SEGA characters. I was mainly between Puyo Puyo and another Sonic character, but while I love Arle, I really do feel that we're due for a second Sonic character. It's great to see newcomers from brand new franchises, but sometimes it's just as exciting to get some supplementary characters, especially when said character is one of the greatest villains in all of gaming. In a lot of ways, Sephiroth's reveal was even more exciting than Cloud's reveal. There is just a certain charm and personality that you can only get from villains. Sonic is the only 3rd party character to be in every game since Brawl, and I feel that the Sonic series deserves a second fighter just as much as Final Fantasy. And since Sonic's reveal was so long ago, the impact of finally getting another character from the series could be really huge.
------
Sub-Zero - Probably my biggest curveball pick, and possibly my most bias pick. However, I wholeheartedly believe that Mortal Kombat is more than worthy of a spot in Smash. Sakurai has been consistently adding fighting game characters to Smash ever since Ryu. It's certainly justified, as Smash itself is a fighting game, so it makes sense to pay homage to the ones that came before it. I'd love to see Sakurai continue this trend.

There are plenty of great options in this genre. Virtua Fighter had a lot of impact on 3D fighters, Chun-Li may just be another SF character, but she is more than iconic enough to be included, Soul Calibur has a lot of great options, Guilty Gear could make for an extremely unique fighter with Roman Cancels and air dashes...but MK really does stand tall above all these options. It took arcades by storm in 1992 and has consistently grown ever since, with the two most recent releases, MKX and MK11, being among the 5 best selling fighting games of all time (right next to Brawl, Ultimate, and SF2). Additionally, and I've beaten this point to death in the past, but MK has recently become the best selling fighting game series of all time, and that includes the likes of Tekken, Street Fighter, and even Smash. Even without a huge Japanese presence, MK is putting up absolutely staggering numbers.

Normally, I would suggest Scorpion as the playable fighter, as he is ever so slightly more iconic. However, moveset is very important. Kazuya was chosen over more popular characters like Heihachi and Jin, simply because he could utilize both the Mishima style and Devil gene in his playstyle. Similarly, I chose Sub-Zero simply because of ICE. Much like how Isaac's main appeal is being an earth bender, Sub-Zero can bring an entirely ice focused moveset unlike anyone else in Smash. A mechanic where his attacks can slowly freeze the opponent would be really cool, and all of his different icy weapons (hammer, axe, sword, knife, etc.) could make for a really fun playstyle that is both aesthetically and functionally unique.
------
Chorus Kids - The Nintendo franchise most deserving of a fighter in Ultimate is undoubtedly Rhythm Heaven. This series has seen pretty decent success and has seen consistent releases. On top of that, it's so damn unique and represents an entirely new genre!

I used to cringe at the idea of Chorus Kids. Of all RH characters, why them? They're barely even featured in the games and having a trio fighter sounds really unnecessary, as they'd likely already come with a rhythm gimmick. However, I've definitely warmed up to the idea. Mainly due to the urban legend aspect of it all. They were all but confirmed to be planned for Smash 4, but were scrapped for whatever reason. After all the rumors, it would be so cool to finally see this legend come to fruition.

------
Takamaru - One of the most tragic parts of Ultimate was the lack of any retro Nintendo characters. The closest thing we got was K. Rool, but he isn't quite the same as Ice Climbers or Pit - a character from an obscure NES title that has been all but forgotten. It's one of the most exciting parts of a new Smash game. Between Excitebiker, Mach Rider, Sukapon, Urban Champion...Takamaru will always be my pick.

All these sword fighters in Smash, yet we still don't have a samurai! Which is especially crazy as Nintendo has their very own samurai that they just keep ignoring! I'd love to see him finally added, taking influence from his own appearances, as well as other fighting game samurai (Nagoriyuki, Haohmaru, Yoshimitsu, etc.)

I'd also love to see a reboot of The Mysterious Murasame Castle, a la KI Uprising. I could picture Takamaru in a Platinum inspired action game, or maybe even a souls-like? I don't know man. Takamaru is just such a cool character and I'd love to see him pushed in something.
------
As I mentioned earlier, I put these characters in 'reveal order.' The reason I put Chorus Kids and Takamaru back-to-back was to temper expectations and get people to believe that Smash was likely gonna end in a "fizzle," like it so often does. "The last character is probably just another Fire Emblem sword dude!" "They always add a Pokemon, so it's probably that." "Sora was a fluke! I told you Smash always ends on a low note." "We already got five big third parties! That's probably it."

Then BOOM.

Master Chief Finishes the Fight! - Not sure if it quite lives up to Sora, but this feels like a strong ending (and a fitting one). The mascot of Xbox, the first FPS rep, represents an important relationship with Nintendo...The crazy thing is how realistic this is. We already have two Microsoft characters in Smash, along with multiple Mii costumes. It's insane how well Nintendo has worked with them, and Master Chief feels like the character who would really seal the deal. I don't think I need to say much more. This pick speaks for itself.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I am surprised no one has mentioned Tetrominos yet
he is the biggest character that is currently represented in smash in some way but not as playable character he is on the same level as Mario and Pokémon and Minecraft with worldwide audience

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
  1. Waluigi (It's finally time)
  2. Vaati
  3. Kris (Susie, Ralsei, Noelle, and Berdley cameo in his moveset)
  4. Octoling (Inkling echo fighter)
  5. Lip (Has the other fairies as alternate costumes)
  6. Sir Arthur
  7. Dr. Eggman
  8. Gardevoir
  9. Gothitelle (Gardevoir echo fighter)
  10. Captain Syrup
  11. Space Invaders (Appears as three dimensional sprites like in Space Invaders Get Even. You play as the UFO and use the Aliens as minions/weapons.)

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
he is the biggest character that is currently represented in smash in some way but not as playable character he is on the same level as Mario and Pokémon and Minecraft with worldwide audience
I don’t hate the idea of a playable Tetromino, but I’ve always felt that a Tetris stage would do the trick.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
1. Crash Bandicoot
2. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden / Dead or Alive)
3. 2B (Nier)
4. Andy (Advance Wars)
5. Monika (Doki Doki Literature Club)
6. Inferno (Soul Calibur)
7. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)
8. Earthworm Jim
9. Morrigan (Darkstalkers)
10. Hylian King (Zelda)
11. Master Chief (Halo)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Since echo fighters dont add to the total imma just write Shadow and Roxas.

Shadow was robbed an echo spot and Roxas just makes sense since he has the same abilities as Sora due to being a literal clone of him in the lore.

I would rather a tetris based stage to be honest.

LordOfSpade

Smash Rookie
Here's my picks, based mostly on personal preferences:
  1. Bandana Dee (Kirby)
  2. Space Invaders (Space Invaders)
  3. Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
  4. Captain Toad (Mario)
  5. Octoling (Splatoon)
  6. Reimu (Touhou)
  7. Dr. Eggman (Sonic the Hedgehog)
  8. Rayman (Rayman)
  9. Elma (Xenoblade)
  10. Dragapult (Pokemon)
  11. Tabuu (Super Smash Bros.)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Eh, I like the way the Smash roster is organized right now. Though maybe it's because the roster maker can't fit more than 15 characters in one row which means I can't put all the Mario-adjacent characters on my roster in a single row.

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I posted this in DLC Spec, but since there’s an entire thread dedicated to this topic, might as well post my take on this:
Honestly, I would focus on redoing a lot of the preexisting cast in this scenario. For Base Game that would be the biggest focus. That, Smash Run, and Rollback. As well as some new Stages. The DLC is when the New Fighters would kick in because that would be the Marketing Gimmick. You see, I split the DLC into 2 Passes. A 5 Character New Series Pass, and a Six Character Returning Series Pass. Both would be the same price, with the Returning Series Pass only guaranteeing everyone Music. Half get Stages. As for my choices:
Returning Series Pass:
Pokémon (Gen 9 or 10 lmao. Base Game would get a new stage so no Stage)
Julius (Fire Emblem Geneology of the Holy War). For a Series like Fire Emblem, the fact that we don’t have a Villain is confusing to me. Thracia River is the new Stage.
Chun-Li (Street Fighter) She brings in a GOOD Stage, a Good Selection of Music, and Smash’s First Charge Character. She comes with the Capcom Pro Tour. A Legal Stage with Street Fighter Characters in the Background.
Octolings (Splatoon) They bring in a Moveset inspired by games other than Splatoon 1. Same with Music. No Stage since they would get a Stage Base Game.
Isla (King of Fighters 15) No avoiding the new generation. She’s a major focus of KOFXV, and would help represent the 2020’s of Gaming. No Stage, since the Stage she uses is Fourside, as well as a KOFXV Reskin of KOF Stadium being added.
Waddle Dee (Kirby Series) The Fan Favorite of this Pass is a Waddle Dee. Japan’s Second Most Wanted and the Player 4 of the Kirby Series, the Waddle Dee gets in. They get a Stage, based off of probably either Forgotten Lands, or the most recent game at the time.
New Series Pass:
Euden (Dragalia Lost) No avoiding Nintendo. If I’m allowed to put Two Third Parties into the Returning Series Pass, then I’m allowed to put some First Parties into the New Series Pass. Euden would bring in content from Dragalia Lost, including a Stage, Music, and other stuff. The Stage would be the Halidrom. You fight in front of the Castle, as Adventurers pass by in the Background. It’s Basic, but nice.
Arle (Puyo Puyo) That moment when you’re bigger than Sonic in Japan yet don’t get anything in Ultimate. Yeah, let’s fix that. She uses Spells to build up her Combos that make her more powerful. He Stage is the Magic School. This is a Basic Stage, which is basically a Reverse Battle Field but with a Small Base Stage and LongSide Platforms on the Side. Various Puyo Puyo Characters will pass by in the Background. When Hazards are On, these Side Platforms are used for a Game of Puyo Puyo. Neat.
Master Chief (Halo) Otherwise known as You should be here already! He’s the FPS Character, extremely iconic, and the face of the Xbox. Also this Pass’ Fan Request. He uses his Weapons to be a Jack of All Trades Swordie Zoner, but also had an extremely exploitable recovery as a weakness. His Stage is the Opening Area of Halo Infinite. A Simple Legal Stage, and basically Northern Cave’s Omega Form. Neat.
Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventure) No avoiding the new hit. Also a Charge Character, but more Wacky. With this game doing extremely well, they’re a shoe-in. Their Stage is Dragaux Stadium. A Stage is Smaller than Coliseum, but just as much of a Flat Walk Off. Except here with Hazards On, Dragaux attacks the Stage Occasionally alongside summoning the occasional platforms. There’s always one moving platform from side to side when Hazards are Off.
Imposter (Among Us) Imagine the Thing, but in Smash. Yeah. It can also summon other Crewmates. Polus is the Stage, and it gets Music from other Indie Games, such as FNF, Rivals, and Deltarune. Now, can we stop posting about Among Us?

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
1.Isaac
2.Rayman
3.Bomberman
4.Officer Howard (Astral Chain)
5.Lloyd
6.Daruk or any other Zelda
7.Andy from Advance Wars
8.Crash Bandicoot
9.Ryu Hayabusa
10.Dixie Kong
11. Doctor Eggman

Oracle Link

Smash Master
So here is smash ultimate deluxe:
New fighters:
Ill include 2 echos aswell)
Paper Mario (from the first 2 games)
Impa (echo of shiek)
Vaati
Bandana Waddle dee
Galacta Knight (Echo of Meta Knight)
Magolor
Porky
Issac (with cartoony Matheww skin)
Eggman
Tails
The Human (from Undertale)
Flowey (from undertale)
The Fun Gang (from deltarune)

Stages:
Bowsers Castle
Rogue Port
Ganons Temple (mirrored Hyrule Temple)
Dededes Boxring
Halcandra
Tazmilly village
Some place in wayard (i only played dark dawn)
Death egg
Snowdin
Omega Flowey
Empty Castle town

Items:
Tornado (sonic)
Annoying Dog/Temmie

Assist trophys:
Now if you select assist trophys/ pokeballs under the which item appears tab you can select which ones you want if a stage doesnt accept any of your choices or you didnt select anything the thing explodes if you pick them up/ throw them)
Geno
Felix Replacing issac (lets say he just happens to have earth djinn equiped)
Sans and papyrus
King (tekken)
Chocobo and moggle
King slime
Jack frost
Gruntilda
Geese howard
Riku and kairi

New mode: Target test/ Level builder Is added later
Is used per Stage builder with of course bigger ateges and some new items
Target (can only be used for target smash)
Ferris Wheel, spikes, Bullet bill launchers, ? blocks, Block (in kirby, mario and smash look) Bomb block (small) arwing/wolfen (can be used in any mode
Enemys (only usable in level builder mode):

and some more
Also you can use miis or fighters as enemys, mid or full bosses or you can use bosses as bosses

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Reposting what I said in the Newcomer Speculation thread.

1. Isaac
2. Geno
3. Chorus Kids
4. Mach Rider
5. Shadow
6. Dixie Kong
7. Bandana Dee
8. Impa
9. Toad
10. Octoling
11. Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah I want bring the rest of the Grinch crew in. Chorus Kids is also the last remaining bit of Gematsu and I'd like to fulfill that as well. Dixie Kong is a little bit of Forbidden 7 love plus she should be in here anyway. Flesh out the few remaining big first parties like Toad and Bandana Dee, some quick echoes like Impa and Octoling, and Hayabusa as our new third party a la Simon. If they did further DLC that's where you cut put your Dantes, your Doom Slayers, and your Crash Bandicoots. I think if they do a deluxe port the added characters will be more low key like this list, and DLC will be for the crazy third parties

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
God, I really hope that Ultimate Deluxe happens. I don't care if it's ten years from now, I just really want them to keep expanding on what they have. I get the logic behind a "Smash reboot" that greatly downsizes it's roster, but that's not what Smash is about imo. Ultimate + minimal gameplay tweaks + more characters sounds great to me.
I think the problem here is for people whose MWs haven't made it, a port might provide more chances then port / deluxe can do. Since I cann't garuntee that Issac would definietly be added in the deluxe version, I would like to bet on the one with more chances.

And as I already noted above, port / deluxe might foucs further on the 3rd party expansion via DLCs. If your MW is new reps for current 1st party series like Waluigi, Zoroark or Ashnard, the deluxe version would unlikely have their seats.

Last edited:

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I would add Crash, Spyro, Captain Syrup from Wario Land, Dixie Kong, Rayman, not sure who else.

Though would there really be a Deluxe version? I mean, wasn't there a Deluxe version of Mario Kart 8 because of how badly the Wii U, which the original version was on, was doing badly?

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Though would there really be a Deluxe version? I mean, wasn't there a Deluxe version of Mario Kart 8 because of how badly the Wii U, which the original version was on, was doing badly?
Ultimate was sorta the port version of Smash 4 at first, just it does more adjustment and Everyone back thing.

Many Mario games on WiiU were ported to Nitnendo Switch with new contents.

With that said, since NIntendo Switch is a success, it's not quite known if next console will need to do port again. I imagine that the next console will have a new Smash game along with a port version of Ultimate.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Ultimate was sorta the port version of Smash 4 at first, just it does more adjustment and Everyone back thing.

Many Mario games on WiiU were ported to Nitnendo Switch with new contents.

With that said, since NIntendo Switch is a success, it's not quite known if next console will need to do port again. I imagine that the next console will have a new Smash game along with a port version of Ultimate.
That was basically what I was talking about. honestly would not mind a port version of Ultimate alongside the new Smash game, though.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I will repost my predictionfrom the other thread:

First party:
1) Octoling (or any future Splat 3 character): Splatoon will continue growing with the years and they can make a good moveset with Splat 3 mechanics
2) Sword/Shield Pokémon: its mandatory
3) Ring Fit Trainer: Hot sale new IP like Splatoon was in 2015. Its really predictable to include them in next smash.
4) Bandana Waddle Dee/Dixie Kong/Waluigi/Isaac: They need to include a old popular request character to please some fans.
5) Xenoblade 3 character: Although we even don’t have a single screenshot lf this game, Xeno IP has grown a lot the past few years, so just like Splatoon, I bet they will continue to add their protagonists.
6) Future Nintendo IP: I left this spot for a 2023/24 title, it can be anything. My wish would be Rhythm Heaven rep

Third party
7) Leon/Jill: Resident Evil is Capcom biggest IP and we only got a few spirits. With Leon and Jill, they can represent at least the first 4 games.
8-9) Two fighting game IPs: Smash team likes to add fighting game characters into smash. So why not continue doing it? My wishes are either Scorpion and Sub-Zero, as MK is the most big IP lf the genre (though with 0 popularity in Japan) or Akira Yuki and Chun-Li from Virtua/Street Fighter, more appealed to the east. Both can be very complex characters using all game mechanics from their games
10) Crash Bandicoot: We still need the Mario vs Crash vs Sonic. It will probably melt lots of people heads if it happens
11) Lara Croft: She is one of the most recognizable female characters. She can fighti similary to ZSS or Joker. They can used her classic design like in Fortnite, maybe with a low poly design.
12) Master Chief: Another huge megaton in the same level as Sora or Crash.

The last 3 characters would truly fullfill the idea of Smash Ultimate as a celebration of gaming as a whole.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Aight let's try this out.

1. Paper Mario - This is one of only two from a franchise already in Smash that I'll add, and that's because the Paper Mario series is very distinct from the Super Mario platformers. And it's also very good. Don't go saying it's just a third Mario because he looks totally unique and obviously he'd play totally unique. Say what you will about the later titles, they all have certain gameplay elements that would translate to a really fun fighting game moveset. (Personally I think the giant fan from Sticker Star would be a great Final Smash since we only have one wind-based FS so far.) This series is so beloved and it deserves much more than that underwhelming transforming stage.

2. Lara Croft - NECESSARY. Square Enix seems to like Smash now for some reason, and oh if only we had a bit more DLC space so they could keep that momentum up to add Lara. One of the most famous and popular game characters ever, and she would probably play like a dream. I imagine a somewhat heavyweight and slow movement speed character since she's a more realistic human, but her attacks would have a long reach due to her tools and guns. Like Ike, who is universally considered one of the more popular fighters to play as. Plus don't we need another British character someday? Europe needs some love too.

3. Shovel Knight - I was tempted to give this spot to Frisk because Undertale is such an unprecedented phenom, but eh I have a closer connection to Shovel Knight. There has to be an indie game fighter in Smash eventually! There are many valid complaints about Nintendo as a corporation, but one of the actually cool behaviors they've taken on is being really early on the ball for supporting and growing the indie scene in the console market, and they've never really faltered on that in the past few years. Shovel Knight is cool, everyone loves him, and Nintendo propped the game up as one of their flagship indie titles in their 8th gen marketing. Can't call him a swordfighter either hehehe.

4. Amaterasu - Gotta put in a more lowkey choice in here just for my personal preference. Not to say Ōkami isn't a popular game, of course. In fact it's about as popular now as it was in its heyday because of the surprising success of Ōkami HD. Just think of how pretty the art style would be on Ammy's stage, and the remixes of the music, and the glorious stylized particle effects from her attacks. Plus she's the best shot we have at another quadruped fighter. Considering the reach and speed of her attacks in Ōkami, she'd probably be preeeetty high-tier, too...

5. Chell - Honestly I don't know what her moveset could be, but the Portal games are some of the most inventive and fun puzzle games out there, and they have the courage to be short as hell which is missing from a lot of games these days. This feels like the least likely one on my list just because of the zero Nintendo presence and the lack of moveset potential, I just think the portal gun is one of the most iconic weapons in gaming and it deserves to be in Smash. Maybe Gordon Freeman deserves this spot more but I personally have more fond memories of Portal.

6. Phoenix Wright - Look I don't like to complain about games in such a petty way as this but WHY is he not in Smash at all? Maybe not a fighter, fine, but how is one of the most famous and beloved games of the Nintendo DS era, whose protagonist has got a globally recognizable design and a massive fanbase not at all represented by even some spirits? Capcom is even one of the companies most willing to work with Nintendo! Plus to me personally he comes from one of my favorite games in one of my favorite genres, so I need this in Smash 6 so hard.

7. Black Mage - Alright and here's the other character from an already-present franchise who I wanna see. I like Cloud and I like FFVII and I recognize how important it is for the entire gaming community... but c'mon the Black Mage design from the old NES Final Fantasy games is adorable and iconic. I wanna see some classic Final Fantasy representation because I'm into retro games but also they have that all important Nintendo connection. I always wanted Black Mage in Smash but I really ramped up once Hero became one of my mains because I realized how fun Black Mage could be with all their wild spells from their massive spell list being flung all over the place. Just rip em straight from Super Smash Flash and I won't complain. (I realize that others would prefer real named characters like Terra from this classic FF lineup and honestly that would be hype but idk Black Mage just speaks to me more.)

8. Commander Shepard - Mass Effect 3 was on Wii U! Just humor me dangit. I love the ME franchise and I just think it'd be hype. But hey, it's not impossible. There was a Wii U game, like I said (if that even matters to Sakurai anymore). ME is a very big series that's not a total unknown in Japan. Plus with all the different playstyles that Shepard can have in their home games I think there's a whole ton of moveset potential here. The omni-tool, the biotics... It wouldn't just be gunplay like a lot of other western characters. Yet even those guns would be unique because they have access to a wide range of guns. Inkling got a similar moveset style and I think everyone enjoys their implementation. I like to imagine the taunts and victory quotes are totally bipolar too because they want to represent both paragon or renegade styles.

9. Carl Johnson - I'll readily admit that most all of my Grand Theft Auto experience has been with GTA IV and GTA V, but I recognize that CJ would probably still be the best representative for the series. And what a series it is! It has so many controversies but they somehow just add to the charm. It's hella iconic, and CJ has the best moveset potential since his game is a bit on the goofier side. Hey, it was just recently announced that a GTA trilogy is coming to Switch, so maybe this isn't such a crapshoot. I doubt anyone would complain because everyone out there has some fond memory of GTA, even if just from secondary sources.

10. Ryu Hayabusa - Everything there is to say about Hayabusa has already been said. Super cool, super deep Nintendo and general gaming connections, from a company that's on great terms with Nintendo. He really feels like he's "missing" in a game with Simon Belmont and Samus Aran and other NES icons. There's so many fun tools he uses in Ninja Gaiden that would translate awesomely into Smash. And if we couldn't get the Moon theme from DuckTales with Sora, then we're at least owed the other GOAT NES tune, Unbreakable Determination.

11. Master Chief - And here we land on the one character who might generate as much smashing positive response as Cloud did years ago and Sora did just last week. I know it's a cliché by now, but Master Chief just feels right as a video game icon in Smash. He would not only bring in Halo, one of the most adored FPS series out there, but Xbox as a whole. One game where classic Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft mascots could fight against each other is like a "We Are the World" of the modern day, except not a lame charity single. Halo was a whole social event in my childhood, where I'd get together and play splitscreen with friends. (Admittedly I did that more with Call of Duty but cmon) And I know a lot of others grew up with that same experience. We just gotta have him eventually while the iron is hot with Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship.

Honorable mentions would be Monokuma (because of personal bias), Ezio Auditore da Firenze (because he's just cool but I played AC IV: Black Flag more), Jill Valentine / Leon S. Kennedy (because Resident Evil is such a big horror icon), Chun-Li (because she's one of the queens of gaming just in general), Captain Price (because I just like Call of Duty), Scorpion (because we don't have enough fighting games in this fighting game), and Dragonborn (because it's funny).

So yeah in conclusion I hope future Smash games, if they have to make cuts, focus on keeping as many universes represented even if they're not represented super deeply.

Bangirasu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Quimet87
3DS FC
4038-6572-1716
1. Octoling: Splatoon deserves already a 2md character like Animal Crossing or Xenoblade
2. New Pokemon (Toxtricity, Urshufu or Calyrex)
3. Captain Toad
4. Diddy Kong
5. Crash Bandicoot
6. Traveler from Genshin Impact (Genshin Impact has already became the biggest franchise that started this decade)
7. Phoenix Wright
8. Lloyd Irving
9. Marks Evans or Axel Blaze from Inazuma Eleven (personal take. Level 5 in Smash and imagine Axel being literally Cinderace)
10. Hunter from Monster Hunter
11. Shantae

Last edited:

Caboose70

Smash Rookie
I'll do a mix of who I want, and who should be in

1st Party
1. Isaac (Golden Sun)
2. Waluigi
3. Dixie Kong
4. Impa
5. Bandana Dee

3rd Party
6. Dr. Robotnik
7. Crash Bandicoot
8. Master Chief
9. Phoenix Wright
10. Ryu Hayabusa
11. Geno

But, if it was all up to me
1. Phoenix Wright
2. Master Chief
3. Crash Bandicoot
4. Dante
5. Sol Badguy
6. Scorpion/Sub-Zero
7. Kyo Kusanagi
8. Tifa Lockhart
9. Ryu Hayabusa
10. Issac
11. Chun-Li

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Rayman (W Globox Echo)
Zero
Crash (W Coco Echo)
Neo Cortex
Paper Mario
Mii Mage
Tsareena
Sobble
Hisen Ko
Red (Angry Birds)

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
I assume that OP's intentions for Ult Deluxe in this thread would be a for a new game, and not just DLC for Ultimate on Switch. In other words, Assist Trophies and the like are on the table. Personally, I hope the next game has way more than 11 characters because I want them to basically copy & paste Ultimate to the Switch successor and then add new characters to the base game and as DLC. We could also get tons of new stages, items, modes, etc.

Anyways, if it is only 11, these are my picks ordered by when their series entered Smash:

1. Waluigi (Mario)
2. Geno (Mario)
3. Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
4. Skull Kid (Zelda)
5. Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
6. Isaac (Golden Sun)
7. Dr. Eggman (Sonic)
8. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
9. Rayman (Rayman)
10. Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
11. Master Chief (Halo)

Surprisingly, even though we already have almost 100 characters, I still had to make some tough calls. Goes to show you that even though so many have been added, there's still plenty more that could be added in future games (which is good for the future of the series).

jamesster445

Smash Lord
90. Dixie Kong - Komplete the Kong Family
The only Bimblo Scrimblo that I genuinely care about anymore. Dixie is the last piece of the DK family that is truly missing from the Smash series. Wether she's an echo fighter or a completely original character works for me and I assume many others. I think this is an easy crowd pleaser.

They don't need to, but they can give her a stage. I nominate Grassland Groves from Tropical Freeze. I think the "Lion King Musical" aesthetic works naturally well with the dancing animals serving as platforms. My only real request is that this finally gives us the Tropical Freeze OST in Smash that should've been here from the launch of Ultimate.

91. Tingle - The Lethal Joke
Something that's missing in Ultimate is a legitamate joke character. Jigglypuff and Pichu have outgrown their original roles as jokes so I think there is potential for a joke character in Ultimate. I also understand the demand for a new Zelda character. But the problem with Zelda characters is that they're often in one game and were never seen again. Tingle grants the opportunity for both. Now you might be thinking, Tingle is a stage hazard. But that is Majora's Mask Tingle not the Tingle that got his own series of games. And that is where we would pull from. Tingle would essentially be a character who fights with money which he gets by landing hit, the more he has the stronger his potential is. And if he doesn't have money, which he loses by getting hit, he becomes a complete joke. It's basically if the Dr. Faust hat from Devil May Cry 5 became a fighting game character.

Much like Dixie, there wouldn't need to be a wealth of additional content. But it would be welcome.

92. Void - Kirby's Greatest Threat (BTW Spoilers for pretty much the entire Kirby series)
Ok, hear me out. What are the big problems people have with Kirby representation in Smash Bros. Everything is based off the 'Sakurai era' of Kirby while nothing is from the modern/Kumazaki era of Kirby. But there's also very little from the Dark Matter, Kirby's single most recurring nemesis. So what if we added a character that was from the (as of this writing) most recent mainline Kirby game, is the progenitor of Dark Matter (and potentially also Kirby I think), has a moveset that is based off Kirby boss design, and is even voiced by Kumazaki himself.

Like the other two before him, Void wouldn't need a stage. But considering that he is Star Allies 'Demonic Final Boss', It would be fitting for him to get a hellscape arena that suits him, maybe even the Jambastion. I will say that he definitely should come with new music at least. Anything related to Star Allies or Dark Matter works here.

93. Porky - Nintendo's Missing Villain
I'll admit this one is a personal grudge. Porky is the one boss from Subspace that is just simply not in Ultimate for no reason. I thought maybe an Earthbound remake was in the works and that Porky's spirit would be released alongside it. Maybe a dedicated Boss Rush mode that features returning bosses like Tabuu or Porky. But nope nothing. I thought there would be some comeuppance within Ultimate but no. It's a shame cause Porky might be one of Nintendo's best villains and would make for a cool fighter. His mech (should he use one) is a lot heavier compared to Bowser Jr making him a more grounded fighter. Combine that with tools from Porky bots, the Pigmask army, and his boss fights and you get a solid character. I will concede that this spot could work for other potential Nintendo villains like Black Shadow (And I would like it puely for the meme), Hades or Medusa from Kid Icarus or the Chozo Warrior from Metroid Dread, but I nominate Porky for this role.

Porky doesn't need a stage, he already has it. Maybe some more music but that's about it.

94. Mona/A WarioWare Character - Get it Together
Wario is a weird character in Smash Bros. He has three different personas that Smash tries to combine. The rival of Mario, The strongman treasure hunter, and the cheap microgame maker. And I will be the first to say... that I don't think it does it super well. Regardless, Get it Together actually did make the other WarioWare characters, well playable characters with their own abilities, physics, attacks etc. So Yeah put one of them in. My nod went to Mona but really any of them works.

Like with other 1st parties on this list. They don't really need a stage, but could use more music.

95. Ring Fit Trainee - Fresh Faces
Ring Fit Adventure and Astral Chain both came out in 2019 alongside the likes of Luigi's Mansion 3 and Three Houses. Both have seen success. Ring Fit is currently the 10th best selling game for the Switch and the Astral Chain ip was recently purchased wholesale. Both were excellent games, both have main characters with excellent movesets. But I'm leaning towards Ring Fit Adventurer. If Rex and Pyra were any indication, Akira might have to face the cold reality of game development.

Since these are new series they get new stage and music. Dragaux stadiums make the most natural arena with hazard opportunities. Alternatively, Ring Fit could be part of Wii Fit series as they share many key staff and RFA is a followup to Wii FIt. If that is the case a new stage won't be needed. There are more than enough battle and overworld themes to add to the soundtrack.

96. Andy - The Comeback Kid
Advance Wars IS the most neglected 1st party franchise in Smash for its success. For a 30 year old ip, throughout the Smash series it has received 0 fighters, 0 stages, 0 songs, and the 1 assist trophy it had was cut in Ultimate. It's also ironic when you consider Smash's adoration for it's sister series that Smash fans hate, especially considering how much of FE's success ties back to Advance Wars. Anyway both series fell into a rut during the DS era. AW basically has since died and FE was able to find success on the 3DS. However we are getting a remake this year of Advance Wars 1 + 2. If AW proves a success, it would be a shame to not right a wrong and put Andy or another CO from Advance Wars. Let him a Commander of vehicles while Maintaining them in a summoner playstyle.

Since this is a new series a stage and music would be added. There is an entire franchise from Famicon Wars to Batallion Wars and soon Reboot Camp to get an OST from.

97. Euden - Mr Mobile Gacha
So this is going to be a controversial opinion, I think a mobile gacha game character could be a fun fighting game character. People would point out that Dragalia Lost isn't in Europe. To which I mention that the Granblue fighting game, one that doesn't feature gambling mechanics, is freely available worldwide. And I genuinely do think that mobile games are something that should be celebrated in the Festival of video games that is Smash Bros.
But Euden isn't a character that should shy away from his cursed origins. Translate those mobile game mechanics into his moveset. If you don't he runs the risk of being a McJRPG Guy.

He would get a stage and music. I know there are some potential legal issues with his OST... Irrelevent, we just got Disney in Smash. Daoko isn't going to be a problem.

98. Ryu Hayabusa - Mr. Hacky McSlashy
Ok this is just my most wanted character. I'm not going to say more than I have to. Cool ninja moves, legacy with Nintendo, the character and franchise is active, and Tecmo has a good relationship with Nintendo.

He would need a stage. My suggestion is Sky City Tokyo from Sigma 2. And there are so many songs to pull from throughout the franchise.

99. Arle Nadja - Magic Puzzle Girl
There are two genres in Smash that are sadly poorly underrepped in Smash despite their grand appeal, the first is puzzle games. Dr. Mario is arguably the only traditional puzzle game character in Smash... and he doesn't do puzzles. Unfortunately there aren't a whole lot of options. Panel de Pon/Puzzle League is more or less a dead series. Tetris the big daddy of puzzle games doesn't really feature characters that could be in Smash...unless. Puyo Puyo or as we may more commonly know it as Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine is quite relevant, has playable characters, and like Tetris, is popular enough that most people understand the puzzle. How will it all work? I don't know but I'd like to find out.

Imagine if Arle's stage is a board from Puyo Puyo with puyos falling from the sky as hazards. This is yet another series with tons of music potential from over 2 decades of games.

100. Master Chief - Shooty McBangbang
The other genre that is missing in Smash despite the appeal are shooters. Master Chief is still the most iconic FPS character and Microsoft is more than willing to let him in. They already have two other characters, one potentially even bigger than Chief himself. But as the mascot of Xbox, Master Chief is one of the few show stoppers that could match Sora in terms of hype. Use the mechanics of shooters to make a fun character.

Obviously he would need a stage. I would suggest a traveling stages that stops on different parts of the 1st Halo ring. And there is so much epic music to choose from.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we're not counting Echo Fighters, then
  1. 8-bit Mario
  2. Tingle
  3. Bulbasaur/Charmeleon/Blastoise
  4. Caeda (yes, another FE rep)
  5. Twintelle
  6. Style Savvy
  7. Akira Howard
  8. Chun-Li
  9. Kyo/Iori/Chizuru
  10. Ryu Hayabusa
  11. Scorpion (with Sora in Smash, Disney VS. WB)

Last edited by a moderator:

keleyeemoh

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi
Dixie Kong
Impa
Bandana Waddle Dee
Future Pokémon
KK Slider
Octoling
Mach Rider
Geno
2nd Sonic rep (I'd gladly take either Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, or Shadow)
Crash

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I opted to go for what I believe to be realistic rather than what I believe would be the most hype. I also tended to prioritize first-parties just because most third-parties would be saved for the inevitable DLC:

1. Ring Fit Adventurer
2. Crash Bandicoot
3. Takamaru
4. Waluigi
5. Bandana Waddle Dee
6. Jill Valentine (with Chris Redfield, Claire Redfield, and Leon Kennedy appearing as alt costumes)
7. Issac
8. Ayumi Tachibana
9. Dixie Kong
10. Shadow (alternatively, one of Tails, Knuckles, or Dr. Eggman)
11. Octoling

Honourable mentions to the Savvy Stylist and Andy, both of whom would have made this list had I had a little more room.

Y'know what? **** it, DLC too:
1. Kazuma Kiryu
2. Ezio Auditore de Firenze
3. Doom Marine
4. Andy (Advance Wars)
5. Mega Man X
6. Inevitable Nintendo Promotional Rep
7. Savvy Stylist
8. Rayman
9. Dovahkinn
10. Lloyd
11. Geno
12. Kratos

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyone remember how many slots in the executable remain after Sora? Cuz I could fill what remains after my 11 with DLC

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If there was DLC, I'd probably do two fighter passes like Ultimate did, but with 5 characters each, totaling at 110 characters. I'd also likely move Chief for DLC since he fits better there

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I believe there are four, but didn't someone find that it's possible to add more executable slots?
just to be clear im referring to the 29-30 some odd slots, not the WoL ones

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
We saw in the final Smash direct that there were a total of 89 fighters. It's an amazing achievement in of itself.

But man, I'm already thinking about the future, and it's got me to think about a potential deluxe version, even though it's not gonna happen anytime soon. So I wanted make this thread.

If there were 100 fighters in the deluxe version, which 11 newcomers would you personally add? You can think wishlisty, realistically, or maybe both. I just wanna see who'd you add.

My personal list:
1. Tom Nook (Animal Crossing)
2. Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)
3. New Pokemon from Future Generation
4. Hanafuda
5. Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)
6. Hunter (Monster Hunter)
7. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
8. Layton (Professor Layton)
9. Frogger (Frogger)
10. Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot)
11. Master Chief (Halo)

At least for me these are the remaining Nintendo all-stars and third-party Smash would need to cap off all of Nintendo well and most iconic third-party franchises of Japanese gaming as a whole. If I could squeeze in more, I would've put Estelle from Trails and Reimu from Touhou too. Maybe a Dark Souls character too. :cyclops:
I’m gonna cheat and also mention a few echos, although I know those do potentially count as new characters.

Shadow
Dixie Kong
Ninten
Black Shadow
Galacta Knight

Now, for my newcomers

1. Chorus Kids
2. Isaac
3. Waluigi
4. Officer Howard
5. Ring Fit Trainee
6. Ashley