• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there were to be an option to organize the roster/CSS (character select screen) by franchise

QuintonShark8714

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Monroeshark8713
This is how it should be organized IMO:
Row 1 - :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultrosalina::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultdoc::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
Row 2 - :ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultdarkpit:
Row 3 -:ultmarth::ultroy::ultike::ultrobin::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultcorrin::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultvillager::ultisabelle:
Row 4 -:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo::ultpichu::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar:
Row 5 -:ultness::ultlucas::ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultrob::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt:
Row 6 - :ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultjoker::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultcloud::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:(Terry goes here):ultmiifighters:

NOTE: Whiling it would be weird for any row but the 1st row to have more or less than 12 characters, but at the same time, i don't wanna pull a Smash 4 as in slap on misc characters in between franchises

So, what do you think

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just have an option to organize them however you want. This list is like the same order the default has with different row sizes

Quillion

Smash Hero
Totally agree that there needs to be an option to organize by franchise. Organizing by Smash debut is just messy.

D

Deleted member

For me, arranging them alphabetically would work the best.

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
with alot more DLC we are getting..we might get a second selection page..you can't tell me that they can still fit alot of characters on the first stage otherwise the characters selections will even get smaller....

Quillion

Smash Hero
Here's mine
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdaisy::ultbowserjr::ultrosalina::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
:ultyoshi::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultridley::ultzss::ultfox:
:ultfalco::ultwolf::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultmetaknight::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultjigglypuff::ultlucario::ultgreninja:
:ultincineroar::ultmewtwo::ultness::ultlucas::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultrobin:
:ultroy::ultchrom::ultcorrinf::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultwario::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob:
:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultwiifittrainer::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultlittlemac::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud:
:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:Terry:ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
Wow that evens out nicely. Anyways, barring the miis, I based it off franchise in order by smash debut.
I'd do the same personally, but I would group all third-party characters together at the bottom unconditionally (with Miis at the very end).

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Agreed that they should be ordered (or orderable) by franchise. Don't particularly care who does it--anyone could do it better than the current screen.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My version would go...

Row 1: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
Row 2: :ultyoshi::ultwario::ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley:
Row 3: :ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario:
Row 4: :ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultness::ultlucas::ultfalcon::ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin:
Row 5: :ultcorrinf::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmegaman:
Row 6: :ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter:
Row 7: :ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:, Terry, :ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner:

That is all I got for now

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I would put all the DLC seperatly due to the fact that it could end up looking like a mess for players without those characters. (For example, remove :ultpiranha: from most of these series based rosters and it starts to look bad. DLC and Miis would be the bottom row for me)
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultgnw::ultlittlemac:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultduckhunt::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::ulticeclimbers::ultness::ultlucas:
:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultrob:
:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultike::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultcorrin::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultfalcon:
:ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud::ultpacman:
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:Terry:ultbrawler::ultswordfighter::ultgunner::201y:

Here's one without echoes/one mii spot

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultgnw::ultlittlemac:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultsheik::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultduckhunt::ultsamus::ultzss::ultridley::ulticeclimbers::ultness::ultlucas:
:ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultpikachu::ultpichu::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultjigglypuff::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultrob:
:ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultroy::ultcorrin::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultfalcon:
:ultolimar::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultsonic::ultbayonetta::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultcloud::ultpacman:
:ultpiranha::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie:Terry:ultmiifighters::201y:

Last edited:

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
I would like to be able to organize the roster by franchise, as well as be able to click and hold any portrait of a character or stage and organize them manually as I want.

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
The main issue with manual organization is that it could substantially slow down competitive get-togethers. A weekly tournament where every setup has the characters ordered in a different way, and you have to scour the whole screen every match for your main.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
The main issue with manual organization is that it could substantially slow down competitive get-togethers. A weekly tournament where every setup has the characters ordered in a different way, and you have to scour the whole screen every match for your main.
That's hardly a problem at all, it shouldn't take anymore time then finding your tag...

Top Bottom