• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there was a Story Mode like SSE, who would you want to have team up?

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Really liking a lot of the groups people have proposed! If there is a story (which I really hope there is), I hope a lot of these groups happen! Also, unlike SSE, I hope an Ultimate story allows for 4 people to play at once. In addition, I can see 8 player smash being a part of the battles in the story. Would make sense, given how many characters there are.

As for my own groups, it is hard for me to think of some because so many different things can happen in the hypothetical story mode, with some groups breaking up, reuniting, etc. That being said, I do think the starting group should be the original 8.

In Brawl, it started with a match between Mario and Kirby. I think an Ultimate story should start with an 8 player smash between the original 8 (especially since Sakurai mentioned the initial roster will be from the N64 game, so I wouldn't expect Melee or later characters right off the bat).

Since I proposed 4 human players, then you'd have up to 4 characters controlled by humans and the rest controlled by CPUs. At the conclusion of the match, the story really starts and the original 8 would ultimately get separated.
I can kinda see the original 8 starting their own groups.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Team Captain N
:ultzelda::ultsimon::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultduckhunt::ultsamus: Princess Zelda instead of Princess Lana, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Pit, Duck Hunt Dog instead of Duke, especially since DHD has target based smash attacks, and a clay disc, which I'm sure reference to the NES Zapper. And of course, Samus, because I thought for sure she was in Captain N at one point. It's been a long time since I've watched that cartoon, though.

Team Retrospect
:ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultrob: That's not to say that there aren't plenty of retro characters that should fall within this team. Your average American or wherever you live probably wouldn't know where the Ice Climbers or R.O.B. come from. Possibly the same with Mr. Game & Watch. Again, any retro character could fit in this group, but for the sake of it, I'm putting these four together.

Team Bound Together
:ultness::ultlucas::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo: Alright, it makes sense for Ness and Lucas to team up. Where does Pokémon Trainer fall into this? Well, because of Mewtwo. And if you've played EarthBound Beginnings, you'll notice a particular character that Mewtwo closely resembles if you get far enough.

Team Reptilian
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultkrool: I didn't include Ganondorf here, because of how he treated Bowser in the Sub Space Emissary. It wouldn't make sense for them to team up again.

Team Future's Past
:ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink: I don't know the current Zelda timeline, but obviously they're all Link from different eras, so why not?

Team Focused
:ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultryu::ultwiifittrainer: They're all fit, they all must focus during battle, and I just think this team would be interesting to have together.

Team G-Diffusers
:ultfalcon::ultfox::ultfalco: No real connection here other than that all their vehicles use a G-Diffuser. Also, James McCloud looks like Fox's dad.

Team Darkness
:ultganondorf::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultdarksamus: Who is the leader of this group, anyway?

TheCrimsonSquid

Smash Cadet
Team Captain N
:ultzelda::ultsimon::ultmegaman::ultpit::ultduckhunt::ultsamus: Princess Zelda instead of Princess Lana, Simon Belmont, Mega Man, Pit, Duck Hunt Dog instead of Duke, especially since DHD has target based smash attacks, and a clay disc, which I'm sure reference to the NES Zapper. And of course, Samus, because I thought for sure she was in Captain N at one point. It's been a long time since I've watched that cartoon, though.

Team Retrospect
:ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultrob: That's not to say that there aren't plenty of retro characters that should fall within this team. Your average American or wherever you live probably wouldn't know where the Ice Climbers or R.O.B. come from. Possibly the same with Mr. Game & Watch. Again, any retro character could fit in this group, but for the sake of it, I'm putting these four together.

Team Bound Together
:ultness::ultlucas::ultpokemontrainer::ultmewtwo: Alright, it makes sense for Ness and Lucas to team up. Where does Pokémon Trainer fall into this? Well, because of Mewtwo. And if you've played EarthBound Beginnings, you'll notice a particular character that Mewtwo closely resembles if you get far enough.

Team Reptilian
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultkrool: I didn't include Ganondorf here, because of how he treated Bowser in the Sub Space Emissary. It wouldn't make sense for them to team up again.

Team Future's Past
:ultlink::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink: I don't know the current Zelda timeline, but obviously they're all Link from different eras, so why not?

Team Focused
:ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultryu::ultwiifittrainer: They're all fit, they all must focus during battle, and I just think this team would be interesting to have together.

Team G-Diffusers
:ultfalcon::ultfox::ultfalco: No real connection here other than that all their vehicles use a G-Diffuser. Also, James McCloud looks like Fox's dad.

Team Darkness
:ultganondorf::ultdarkpit::ultridley::ultdarksamus: Who is the leader of this group, anyway?
I love most of these, but I don't think that last one works. Gannydorf isn't going to accept anybody else as the leader, and the rest of them definitely aren't the type to be led. Plus Dark Pit is more anti-hero than villain. Couldn't see him working alongside the rest of them.

NintenEdgyMan

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been thinking about potential levels. The first 4 are based off of trailers. If you can't tell by the end of this I don't think anyone actually dies.

:ultmario::ultmegaman::ultmewtwo:- After getting pretty much killed by Ridley, I could imagine Mewtwo breaking out of a test tube and saving them form the fall of the bridge. They could go and fight Dark Samus in the ship or something similar.

:ultzss::ultfox::ultfalco:- After getting her armor ripped off, she realizes she can't win and runs. She gets to a landing dock where she meets with Fox and Falco. This level could be a thing where you run from Ridley while fighting Wolf.

:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkingdedede:- These 3 could fight K Rool. It's very safe to say that Dedede is a good guy now adays so they would team up. They could lead K Rool away, and then go inside and take down his mega laser.

:ultsimon::ultrichter::ultluigi:- After saving Luigi, Simon and Richter could proceed to fighting Dracula. They could maybe have Luigis Mansion ghosts and have King Boo midboss.

Now for the ones still not paired

:ultcloud::ultsnake::ultike:- These 3 go really well together. Maybe they could team up to fight all 3 of their villains in 1 level. Have some sort of Metal Gear boss as a Midboss then fight Black Knight and Sepheropth in the same boss battle.

:ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultlucario:- In this crossover, Pit and Dark Pit could be hunting a khaos kin in spear pillar and get help from Lucario who can see the khaos kin with aura. There could be commentary that's Uprising style with Paluntena and Viridi. Lucario could also talk to them using aura. They could fight a possessed Cresselia as a midboss. Ant the end they find the Khaos Kin possessed Giratina and you have to beat him.

:ultlink::ultmarth::ultshulk:- This idea would change to include either Isaac or Monster Hunter if they were revealed, but for now, it would follow the 3 going through Gaur Plains hunting a Rathalos, then to the Hyrule Wilds, then a Castle. After defeating the Rathalos, Metal Face comes through the castle and throws the Rathalos away. You fight Metal Face and then they escape the castle crumbling from foundational damage.

:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultgnw:- Kirby and Meta Knight could be dueling with swords, when Marx comes onto the top of the Halberd with an army of Game and Watches. Mr. Game and Watch could come to tell them what's happening, then they could battle the army and eventually Marx.

That's all I can think of.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I love most of these, but I don't think that last one works. Gannydorf isn't going to accept anybody else as the leader, and the rest of them definitely aren't the type to be led. Plus Dark Pit is more anti-hero than villain. Couldn't see him working alongside the rest of them.
True. I've never played Kid Icarus: Uprising. My brother told me earlier that Dark Pit isn't really a bad guy. Ah well.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The Law Enforcers
:ultfalcon::ultfalco::ultfox::ultsamus:

The Space Pirates
:ultridley::ultdarksamus::ultwolf:

The Starborne
:ultkirby::ultrosalina:

The Royalty & Royal Guards
:ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultzelda:

The Lords & Ladies
:ultcorrin::ultike::ultmarth::ultpalutena::ultroy::ultchrom:

The Kings of Evil
:ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultganondorf::ultkingdedede::ultkrool:

The Slayers of Darkness
:ultlink::ultsimon::ultrichter::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:

The PSI Powerhouses
:ultlucas::ultmewtwo::ultness:

The Machines
:ultmegaman::ultrob:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
True. I've never played Kid Icarus: Uprising. My brother told me earlier that Dark Pit isn't really a bad guy. Ah well.
Yeah, Dark Pit is supposed to be a representation of Pit's dark side, however, since Pit is Pit, this dark side only manifests in the form of being an arrogant, snarky, rude, and rather battle happy person.

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Would be cool to see the Awakening trio and Captain Falcon team up, as a nod to Robin & Lucina's reveal trailer in SSB4.

D

Deleted member

The Scenario I'm about to give is super unlikely and I don't expect it to happen (mainly because of one of the involved characters having such a low chance of making it into Smash) but it's too awesome for me to not share.

:ultsonic: So we start out with Sonic running through some kind of Sonic location (Green Hill, Studiopolis, take your pick) in yet another attempt to stop Dr. Eggman. That would be one stage. Then in the opening cutscene of another stage, Sonic is fighting Eggman and seemingly defeats him, only for Sonic to be caught off guard and nearly defeated by Eggman's new partner.

Before Brevon deals the finishing blow Sonic is saved by none other than Freedom Planet's Main Character, Sash Lilac!

As Eggman and Brevon escape, Sonic and Lilac agree to team up to stop them knowing the damage they are causing. Then the stage begins set in a Freedom Planet location (none of which I can name since I have yet to play that game sadly).

Eventually their journey takes them to the Death Egg which they attempt to destroy. They are successful but as the Death Egg is falling apart, Sonic and Lilac face the boss of the stage. A double team of Eggman in his mech from the end of Sonic Lost World and Brevon in a similar mech created in his own image.

As Sonic and Lilac face their arch enemies on a piece of the Death Egg falling back to the planet, they defeat them seemingly for good but Eggman and Brevon get whisked away by the adventure modes true evil and Sonic and Lilac give pursuit.

Now, there is one other scenario I have in mind for after this that involves the Blue Blur and his Spiritual Successor. But I'll leave at this one for now. Though I will mention what the other one is if asked.

Last edited by a moderator:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
:ultbayonetta::ultsimon:- Nuff said
:ultkrool::ultridley::ultbowser:- Also nuff said
:ultshulk::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultmarth::ultchrom::ultroy::ultike:-Anime swordguy convention.
:ultinkling::ultmario:- Play off of Mario Sunshine
:ultduckhunt::ultrob:- Story of how a robot, a dog, and a duck became best friends.
:ultpikachu::ultpichu:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
:ultyoshi:+:ultyounglink:. And unlike Twilight Princess Link, I want Young Link to actually pay a little attention to Yoshi. Link always acted like Yoshi wasn't even there in SSE and that was always so disappointing; they could have had Link riding Yoshi in cutscenes, but that didn't happen. Granted, Link may have just been a bit too big to properly fit on Yoshi's back without it looking awkward, but for Young Link this would be much more appropriate.
:ultsamus:+:ultsimon:. I mean, they have the perfect oppertunity to reference Metroidvania right here. They have to use it. If there's not at least an Event Match that references the title, I'm gonna be disappointed.
:ultinkling:+:ultlucas:. Like Pokémon Trainer last time, I think it would be neat to have the Inkling be the other kid who helps a shy fellow kid this time around.
:ultsnake:+:ultpalutena:. After being so disbelieving in angels and whatnot in Brawl, I think it would be neat to have Snake team up with a Goddess, of all things.
:ultbayonetta:+:ultwario:. Would be a funny pairing, letting Wario do all the heavy lifting while she enjoys the sights.. and bashes up a few baddies, sometimes 'accidentally' (almost) knocking enemies into Wario. A bit as a reference to these things happening in the Bayonetta games, and Wario being kind of a comic relief character.
:ultmario:+:ultmegaman:+:ultsonic:+:ultpacman:. You just can't go wrong when pairing these four up. I want to see epic scenes with all of them together.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I'm not sure who i'd specifically team up, but I'd want the villains to be forced to team up with heroes much earlier than the final phase. I love the scene where Ganondorf reluctantly followed Link and Zelda to the final battle, but I would have loved even more to see them interacting. Especially since Smash Bros is likely the only time we'll ever get to see such a thing.

While i'm at it, same goes for Ridley. The descriptions of Ridley in the games, and Smash's trophy always boast that he's actually really intelligent, but we never get to see him do anything but scream and fire lasers, so I'd love to see him having to reluctantly follow Samus's lead and approach a situation a little more slowly.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I'm not sure who i'd specifically team up, but I'd want the villains to be forced to team up with heroes much earlier than the final phase. I love the scene where Ganondorf reluctantly followed Link and Zelda to the final battle, but I would have loved even more to see them interacting. Especially since Smash Bros is likely the only time we'll ever get to see such a thing.

While i'm at it, same goes for Ridley. The descriptions of Ridley in the games, and Smash's trophy always boast that he's actually really intelligent, but we never get to see him do anything but scream and fire lasers, so I'd love to see him having to reluctantly follow Samus's lead and approach a situation a little more slowly.
Yeah, I think Smash was the only time the personality he had in the manga was on display (being a bloodthirsty sadistic monster)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Dont know if it's been done yet but

:ultrobin + :ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultwario::ultbowser:

Time to tip the scales!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
:ultkrool::ultridley: #reptilesquad

As a token of appreciation towards the two fanbases sticking together and coming out on top in the end

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
In my Super Smash Bros. Eternity's story mode Kingdom of New here are some team ups for this: (My roster has a 4th party rep)
Bold means newcomer and Underlined means Echo
:ultkirby:+ Lincoln Loud (He takes a soft side to the puffball and ends up babysitting Kirby which could be adorable)
Bandana Dee + Leni Loud (2 cute characters team up to find Kirby and her brother, later joins with Lincoln and Kirby) (Note: Leni is Lincoln's Echo Fighter)
:ultmario:+:ultsonic: (I could imagine them trying to not be bitter towards each other)
:ultpiranha:+:ultrob: (A friendship between nature and machinery)
:ultluigi:+ Polterpup (When Yoshi gets kidnapped, Luigi with Polterpup must face their fears and rescue him)
:ultinkling:/:ultinklingboy:+:ultbowserjr:(Junior gets separated from his father and teams up with the Inklings)
:ultpikachu:+ :ultridley: (Ridley can't help being caring and soft to Pikachu)
:ultpokemontrainer:+ Poochy (A running gag where Red thinks that Poochy is a Pokemon and tries to capture him but fails each time)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:ultsamus:, :ultrichter:, :ultmegaman: and :ultfalcon: would be my dream team-up until Crash Bandicoot ends up getting in.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Team Captain N
Link and Zelda did appear on several episodes with the team, but if you want an accurate Lana replacement, you should go with Palutena. Lana was directly based on her NES design.

Also, while Samus never appeared on the cartoon they did make a comicbook and she was a member of the team there.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Link and Zelda did appear on several episodes with the team, but if you want an accurate Lana replacement, you should go with Palutena. Lana was directly based on her NES design.

Also, while Samus never appeared on the cartoon they did make a comicbook and she was a member of the team there.
Good to know!

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
:ultpalutena: with :ultbayonetta1: These two are very different, but I think there personalities would go well together. They could be snarky or serious and they would kick some major ass together.

:ultwiifittrainer: with :ultwario: or :ultkingdedede: Just for comedic purposes. This would probably be the funniest pair out of the bunch.

:ultyoshi: with :ultinkling: or :ultkingdedede: I just see Yoshi and Inkling getting along super well. At first they may fight, but they’ll make up and work with each other to take down their enemies. They have good personalities to make it work. With Dedede, I think Yoshi could bring the best out of Dedede and they could have a pretty sweet if not funny relationship. I always thought of Yoshi and Dedede as good friends.

:ultisabelle::ultsnake: Also mainly for comedy, but Isabelle’s antics could surprise him during combat. He would gradually gain more and more respect for her as the adventure continues.

:ultfox::ultwolf: They are enemies, but they know they have to work together to stop the greater evil. They could make for a really cool team.

These are just a few teams I can think of. I may add more when I think about it.

Arthur97

Smash Master
:ultpalutena: with :ultbayonetta1: These two are very different, but I think there personalities would go well together. They could be snarky or serious and they would kick some major *** together.

:ultwiifittrainer: with :ultwario: or :ultkingdedede: Just for comedic purposes. This would probably be the funniest pair out of the bunch.

:ultyoshi: with :ultinkling: or :ultkingdedede: I just see Yoshi and Inkling getting along super well. At first they may fight, but they’ll make up and work with each other to take down their enemies. They have good personalities to make it work. With Dedede, I think Yoshi could bring the best out of Dedede and they could have a pretty sweet if not funny relationship. I always thought of Yoshi and Dedede as good friends.

:ultisabelle::ultsnake: Also mainly for comedy, but Isabelle’s antics could surprise him during combat. He would gradually gain more and more respect for her as the adventure continues.

:ultfox::ultwolf: They are enemies, but they know they have to work together to stop the greater evil. They could make for a really cool team.

These are just a few teams I can think of. I may add more when I think about it.
Well, she could have Pit do it. Palutena really doesn't seem that strong actually. Yes, yes, Sakurai seems to think she is, but you had to actively avoid killing her when you fought her. Triforce of Power Ganondorf could probably take her. Perhaps without much issue.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, she could have Pit do it. Palutena really doesn't seem that strong actually. Yes, yes, Sakurai seems to think she is, but you had to actively avoid killing her when you fought her. Triforce of Power Ganondorf could probably take her. Perhaps without much issue.
What Palutena did to you?

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
I think her power is overhyped. Yes, she's a "goddess," but do you know how many god slayers are on the roster? She's not that special.
She’s special to me... I just like her personality more than Pit’s. I thought that Palutena and Bayo would have a lot of potential to be a very memorable team if they were to do teams in story mode again.

Arthur97

Smash Master
She’s special to me... I just like her personality more than Pit’s. I thought that Palutena and Bayo would have a lot of potential to be a very memorable team if they were to do teams in story mode again.
Oh, I never said she didn't have potential. I just think people see she's a "goddess" and assume she's super powerful despite not actually seeming that powerful. Especially compared to others like Ganondorf, Pit, or even Sonic (who is up there as most OP actually).

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
:ultbayonetta::ultganondorf::ultpalutena: - IIRC Bayonetta is a demon/angel hybrid? (I might be wrong) It's only right she team up with her two polar opposites

:ultwolf::ultridley::ultdarksamus:: Space Pirates
This one's actually intrigued me so much

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want :ultkingdedede:/:ultluigi:and:ultness: to return. That's the holy trinity

osby

Smash Obsessed
:ultbayonetta::ultganondorf::ultpalutena: - IIRC Bayonetta is a demon/angel hybrid? (I might be wrong) It's only right she team up with her two polar opposites
She's a magical human who kills both angels and demons when they get in her way. (Though her powers come from demons)

I think this would be a really interesting team.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I have a few ideas (may contain bonus fighters)

Obviously, the return of:ultluigi::ultness::ultkingdedede: (the saviors) and :ultsnake::ultlucario::ultmetaknight: (Halberd Team)

And who could forget :ultpikachu::ultsamus:/:ultzss:, :ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:):ultlucas: and :ultmario::ultpit:

Now for some new ones

:ultsonic: and :ultmario:, because we all want to see the 2 team up against the threats. :ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpit: :ultpeach:and:ultpichu: helping them out.

:ultbowser: starting in an alliance with the villains (:ultridley::ultmewtwo::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultbowserjr:), but once a new villains arrives (Fawful), Bowser decides to team up with Mario's Team to stop him. Bowser Jr tagging along, since he is Bowser's Son after all.

King K.Rool and Mewtwo later joins the heroes side, after discovering what Ganondorf has planned (Turning the area into his domain, with everyone else, including his allies being prisoners).

:ultmewtwo: joins Meta Knight's Team and surprisingly gets along with Lucario.

:ultyoshi: and :ultlink: are still tag teaming, and they later free :ultzelda:/:ultsheik: and :ultdaisy:, but with :ultbowserjr::ultkrool: and :ultwario: causing chaos, they partner with :ultgreninja::ultvillager: and :ultisabelle: to take those threats down

:ultdk::ultdiddy:Dixie Kong :ultfox: and :ultfalco: are teaming up against King K.Rool and Ridley, when Shadow arrives to fight them, Donkey Kong was taken down, but :ultjigglypuff: arrives and helps free Donkey Kong (who has been cloned to make Giant Donkey Kong)

Shadow :ultdarksamus: and :ultdarkpit: made an alliance of the Dark Ones, but Ganondorf corrupted them. Shadow got freed later on.

:ultincineroar::249::ultinkling::ultrosalina: and Shantae made another alliance, after taking down Giratina and later they soon face off against Rid, Dark Samus and Shadow. Shadow gets freed and joins their team.

:ultwario: is rouge, but he has made an alliance with :ultpiranha:, in an effort to find some cash

:ultcorrinf: allied with :ultmarth::ultike::ultpokemontrainer: and :ultlucas:, Meanwhile :ultfalcon: Bio-Rex and :ultolimar: allied with :ultrob::ulticeclimbers: and :ultduckhunt:

That's all I can think of for now

Top Bottom