• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

If there are 7 total newcomers (5 unannounced), what do you think/hope they will be?

QrowinSP

Smash Journeyman
I don't want to overestimate newcomers, so I've been thinking to myself what a reasonable number would be, and I thought 7 would be a nice, safe guess. So if you could only add 7, which do you think would be good? Off the top of my head I'd say

• Inkling
  • Ridley
  • Celica
  • Elma
  • King K Rool
  • Bandana Dee
  • Someone from Arms
With Impa from Hyrule Warriors as a runner up.

Last edited:

slambros

Smash Ace
I'll focus on who I think it will be.

-Inkling
-Ridley

-Bandana Dee
-someone from Arms
-Geno
-Simon Belmont (that leak is so far so good)
-2nd Xenoblade Rep

:131:

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
What I want:

Isaac
King K. Rool
Banjo & Kazooie
Rex & Pyra
Phoenix Wright

What I think:

Simon Belmont
Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
Pokemon Rep (though I wouldn't be shocked if this was the first Smash without a Pokemon newcomer)
Rex & Pyra
Someone I usually underestimate, like Geno or Impa. Basically Daisy all over again.

I'm still hoping for Isaac, but I think he's really riding on those ballot votes now. I'm also not feeling as confident about King K. Rool as I originally was too. Though I keep thinking back to K. Rool getting a Mii hat from the ballot, that's got to count for something right? I dunno, I'm feeling a bit pessimistic right now.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
At this point if Pokémon doesn't get a new rep than it makes no sense at all for FE or Zelda to get any new reps as well. That just means that this Smash bros isn't marketing happy like Brawl or 4.

But I want to see how many of these reps I get right so I will go for
-King K. Rool
-Isabelle
-Crash Bandicoot
-Female Xenoblade rep
-Simon Belmont

Fogs

Smash Cadet
Who I want:

Decidueye
Phoenix Wright
Ribbon Girl
Dixie Kong
Ashley

Who I expect:

Decidueye
Spring Man
Simon Belmont
An old-school representative
...a rabbid... Probably rabbid peach, she's returning in DK's game too.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
1. Dr. Eggman
2. Lip
3. Mona (Warioware)
4. Earthworm Jim
5. Goemon

I dont care how unlikely they are. Those are who I want. Now that Wario Land Wario is out of the running it's down to these 5.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
K Rool
Elma
Chorus Kids
Simon Belmont
Bandana Dee

Personally not counting echos I also think we are getting a new pokemon and Excitebiker.

Last edited:

Cantplaythesolo

Smash Rookie
  • Inkling
  • Ridley

• King K Rool
  • Simon Belmont
  • Arms Character
  • Shovel Knight
  • Rayman or Rabbid character

Last edited:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
1. Banjo & Kazooie
2. Bandana Dee
3. Rex & Pyra
4. Cranky Kong
5. Shovel Knight

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Besides Ridley and inklings if there's only 5 more I say

Simon - yea verge has gone from unreliable to reliable (by the way https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76694154/903083982 he's locking Simon now.)
King k rool - smash ultimate might be a fan focused smash bros this time around and you know how voted he is
Pokémon rep - a gen 7 will happen
Retro rep - takamaru is the only logic one but he's gone now
A 3rd party rep - if I were to pick probably banjo Andy kazooie

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
My money's on:

1) K. Rool
2) Geno
3) Next-gen Pokemon rep
4) ARMS rep
5) Left-field option (Likely a new Xenoblade or Fire Emblem character)

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
1)Simon Belmont
2)Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
3)Rhythm Heaven Character
4)Captain Toad
5)Out of left field/ weird retro character

Impa, Isabelle, and Dixie as Echo fighters. And then I could see K. Rool, Decidueye, and Elma or Rex/Pyra as DLC, with Lara Croft, Steve?, Rayman, and Banjo & Kazooie as third party DLC.

I can't say these are my top picks but this is sorta the best case scenario for what I would actually expect.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Due to Sakurai's words, roster competition will be even tighter then it already was before.

1. K. Rool
2. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl
3. Retro/WTF newcomer
4. Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, or Pokemon newcomer.
5. Simon if the leak remains 100% percent true, if not then Square Enix or Ubisoft character.

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
1. King K. rool.
2. Medusa(kid icarus)
3.Spring man
4. Skullkid(majora's mask)
5. Obligatory random ass wildcard. Maybe mach rider for no other reason than their melee trophy looking really cool

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
K.Rool for one. He's got the popularity to back it up.

I'm wondering if Ashley or Geno will be in as well based on their respective popularity. Also Decidueye seems to me the most likely of the possible Gen 7 Pokemon.

Spring Man would be cool, but he may be a bit early and be relegated to DLC.

Also, if Vergeben is right, Simon Belmont.

If I could have anyone I wanted, I'd want Dovahkiin in to round everything out. Gotta have a dragonslayer now that we (finally) got the dragon of our dreams. And Kirby saying "Fus Ro Dah!" would be glorious

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Mulled it over again and I'm tempering my list.

- King K. Rool
- Dixie Kong
- Elma
- Spring Man
- Octoling
- Rayman
- Simon Belmont

If we're lucky? Sora and Ashley.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
If I was picking it would be:
Banjo
Tethu
Isaac
K Rool
Takamaru and Sora

Who I think it'll be is
K Rool
Isaac
Simon is still looking good
Banjo could still happen
And I'm not sure I don't think we will get a new pokemon, retro, or FE character this game so some super popular character.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
Considering Pokemon essentially has 3 more fighters than it did in Smash 4, I don't really see the franchise getting a newcomer. Kinda sucks because I would absolutely love to see Mimikyu, and wouldn't hate to see Decidueye. Eevee is the only other one that makes sense to me, but I think Pokemon Trainer already covers the Gen 1 hype that Let's Go is trying to capitalize on. Fire Emblem got so much in Smash 4, I think to play catch up with it's own storied history and relative newness in the west, as well as revitalizing the franchise after it's cancellation scare pre-awakening. With Lyn confirmed as an assist trophy and not a lot of other picks that make sense outside of a new hero to hype up FE: Switch, I'm not sure we'll see a new FE hero.

I think the safest picks are probably heroes that have seen representation in the form of Mii outfits in the past, my bets are on K. Rool, Geno, and Ashley. Those 3 plus Simon Belmont and one other would bring the total roster to 70. Not that the games have ever aimed for a specific number, but I think it's a good bet. Would like to see more, but the gameplay in this game looks really solid and Ridley and Inklings are super exciting for me, so I'd be fine with what I listed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Inkling
Ridley
Geno
Simon Belmont
King K Rool

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
- K Rool

The ballot alone will get him in

- Rex & Pyra

Havn’t played XC2, but I see a highly interesting character here with a new mechanic.

- Decidueye

Probably the most popular 7th gen Rep

- Simon Belmont

Castlevania was a huge inspiration for Sakurai and cooperation with Konami is confirmed, so...

- Banjo Kazooie

The absolute bombshell announcement

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Here’s my hopes:

- Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles X, ties in with a potential X Switch port announcement)
- Rex and Pyra (Xenoblade Chronicles 2, with Pyra transforming into Mythra for the Final Smash)
- Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby)
- Rhythm Heaven rep (any, prefer Marshal)
- ARMS rep (any, no preference)

D

Deleted member

Expect:
Simon Belmont - haven't really payed too kuch attention to leaks so I haven't seen the full one, but appearantly he was rumored alongside Snake, ICs and Ridley, all of which were already confirmed. And given Konami's involvement (and Bomberman's disonfirmation), nothing seems to be holding him back.
Gen 7 Pokemon - we always get a Pokemon newcomer. It's true that there are currently 9 Pokemon on the roster but Sakurai doesn't seem to pay too much attention to that kind of stuff.
Elma - The only character that matches the description of the figure that Sakurai bought in terms of skillset.
King K. Rool - it feels like the right time.
Not sure who the fifth would be.

Want:
Decidueye - The only character that I need in order for this game to feel complete. I wouldn't complain about any other newcomer if he got in.
Bandana Dee - I'm a huge Kirby fan and that spear is fun.
Shovel Knight - love his game and his inclusion would make my friend (and me) happy
Isaac - Golden Sun is neat and could use some recognition. Also, earthbending powers.
Crash Bandicoot/King K. Rool - tossup. I want both of them about the same, for different reasons.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
What I desire:
Dr. Eggman
Banjo & Kazooie
Captain Toad
Kamek
Sylux

What I expect:
Bandana Dee
Captain Toad
King K Rool
Shadow as an Echo Fighter
Rayman

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
My expectiations:
1. Spring Man
2. Bandana Waddle Dee
3. K. Rool/Dixie Kong (I feel people yelled just as loud for K. Rool as for Ridley, Dixie is more recent though)
4. Decidueye
5. Crash Bandicoot/Ray man/Other 3rd party

Possible Echo fighters:
Ribbon Girl/Other ARMS rep (SpringMan)
Funky Kong (DK)
Shadow (Sonic)
Blood Falcon (Cpt. Falcon)
Ms. PAC-MAN (PAC-MAN)
Ken/Dark Ryu (Ryu)
Octoling (Inkling)
Raichu (Pikachu)

But I would sell my soul for the inclusion of Banjo-Kazooie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who I want to be playable:
Takumi
Joker (Persona 5)
Decidueye
Bandana Dee
Phoenix Wright

Who I expect to be playable:
Rex
Simon Belmont
Decidueye
Dixie Kong
Spring Man

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
I'm hoping for these five

Elma
Dixie
Simon Belmont
Pokemon from Alola (at this point I don't even care who, Decidueye, Mimikyu, Lycanroc, Incineroar... I just want an Alola pokemon)
Chibi Robo or Spring Man, both would make me very happy

They're my most wanted characters. If only 5 more can make it I want it to be them

I can see King Rool getting in instead of Dixie because of fan demand, but I think my Dixie is more likely because of Tropical Freeze. I think TF will be represented somehow

Crash or Rayman would be very cool too as third party but Simon is by far my favourite so If I'm lucky the leak is true and he's just waiting to be announced

Last edited:

Montblanc Noland

Smash Rookie
Who I want:
K. Rool
Dixie
Dillon
Bandana Dee/Marx/Kawasaki (any Kirby rep, but I love these three)
Berkut (from FE Echoes)

Who I expect:
K. Rool
Decidueye
Rex and/or Pyra
An ARMS rep
Simon Belmont

For me, DK has always felt underrepresented, and Bandana Dee would round out the Return to Dreamland four. I think Dillon has had enough (really good games) to warrant a spot on the roster, and (I know FE already has a lot of reps but) Berkut is one of the best written villians in all of FE. If you throw him on a horse with his spear, he would make for a fantastic character.

Troykv

Smash Master
Some options I have in Mind are...

- Elma
- Simon Belmont (currently he and Elma are the only characters I have reasons to believe they will appear in the game)
- A Pokemon Newcomer
- Ashley
- K. Rool (popular demand is his saving grace this time and for real)

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I just want Lyndis to be plAyable and not an assist trophy for the the third time in a row for the smash series.hugely disappointed

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's 4 characters I believe that will for sure will become playable:

Simon Belmont
Dark Samus
Shadow the Hedgehog
Ashley

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
-Simon
-Elma
-K. Rool
-Chorus Men
-Geno

Simon is already leaked, Elma matches the mech figure, Chorus Men will likely be revisited I feel, K. Rool and Geno because of fan demand. Other potential additions include Ashley, Isabelle and Bandana Dee.

I don't really count echo characters as proper newcomers, so this would make it 6 newcomers in total, not counting any potentially new echoes either, which seems like an okay expectation.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I think the safest picks are probably heroes that have seen representation in the form of Mii outfits in the past, my bets are on K. Rool, Geno, and Ashley.
This is a great point! Mii costume DLC seemed like it was Sakurai's way of trying to please fans of everyone, as he knew that he couldn't make everyone on the ballot a fighter. Daisy and Inkling both had Mii outfits as well. Though so did Waluigi rip. The premise of this whole game really seems like trying to give the fanbase pretty much everything they want.

This gets Chrom, Isabelle, King K. Rool, Geno and Ashley to the list.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Want:
- 2nd Xenoblade rep (Elma or Rex & Pyra)
- ARMS rep
- Retro rep (Excitebiker, Mach Rider, Ayumi Tachibana)
- A new Pokemon rep
- A new Third Party character.

Expect:
- Simon Belmont
- A new Pokemon rep (Decidueye, Mimikyu)
- Retro rep
- Elma
- King K. Rool

D

Deleted member

Ultimate is clearly drawing heavily on popularity: they mentioned it in regards to Ridley, Simon supposedly did well on the Ballot, and there's not really any other reason to add Daisy outside of her popularity. With that in mind I'd predict something like this:
  1. Simon Belmont
  2. Elma
  3. K. Rool
  4. Bandana Dee
  5. Banjo
Other names I'd keep my eye on: Ashley, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, and Geno.

Simon was leaked. Elma has the Skell-esque figure Sakurai got. K. Rool did extremely well on nearly every Ballot poll I've seen + he was acknowledged with the gold-bellied Mii Costume. Bandana Dee is another highly popular and unique choice. Banjo is on here just because Vergeben said we'd get a Minecraft stage and/or assist and Banjo makes the most sense as a Microsoft newcomer since he's popular and has ties to Nintendo.

For echoes I could see some combination of Isabelle, Impa, Shadow, and Dixie Kong. Shadow is on there because I don't think his AT has been spotted which is kind of suspicious, especially since he's a highly requested character. Although all of these characters definitely could/should be unique, the whole "echo fighters" branding seems like a sneaky way to add more highly requested characters as clones with less backlash. It makes even more sense since there won't be as many newcomers this time around, so Sakurai is going to pad the roster somehow. No Octoling because I don't think they're popular enough for this game.

I'm not predicting a new Pokemon because there's a billion and one Pokemon in this game so I'm not sure if Sakurai would prioritize a new one. I'm also not expecting a retro rep because Takamaru is an AT and I doubt Sakurai would add a retro in a game with less newcomers than usual.

Since we're getting less newcomers, I expect us to get a lot of DLC fighters, especially since Nintendo has been doing a lot more post-launch support these days. I would think we'd get 5 of them, but the only ones I would be somewhat "confident" in predicting would be Rex & Pyra and Spring Man. Outside of that I'd mainly expect other popular and unique characters who barely missed the cut, even if they were assists in the base game. Just pull an Alfonso for them and disable the assist if they're in the match.

Last edited by a moderator:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Assuming 5 unannounced characters:
* Dixie Kong
* King K. Rool
* Spring Man
* Bandana Dee
* Decidueye

Last edited:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
What I want:
-King K. Rool
-Travis Touchdown
-Bandana Dee
-Springman
-Rayman

What I think we'll be receiving:
-New FE Protagonist
-Simon Belmont (because leak)
-Rex
-Funky Kong (echo)
- Meta Ridley or some Sakurai-level troll/clone character.

Top Bottom